COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
Lost: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.45
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
War Horse (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Lost: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.09
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Race to Witch Mountain (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Help (Blu-ray)
$11.19
The Muppets (Blu-ray)
$11.48

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Talking The Man with No Name Trilogy is Now $27.99 at Amazon.

I was pleasantly surprised to see (via this site) that The Man with No Name Trilogy BD package is now $27.99 at Amazon. That's only $9.33 per movie. Up until yesterday, the set had been in the $50 range. This is great news for fans of westerns (especially Spaghetti Westerns), Sergio Leone or Clint Eastwood. I've been wanting the three films included in the trilogy together on BD for years so, needless to say, I bought the set right away. Fans that don't have it in their collection already should probably act sooner rather than later.

On a related note, the film Django, another landmark film of the same genre, is on sale for $16.99. Not so bad, even though I have a feeling it will gradually drop lower.

Concerning a not-so-related film, but one I've long been wanting to add to my collection once its price dropped. The blu-ray book package of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (the original film version from the seventies with Gene Wilder) fell a bit to $19.99, probably because a standard package of the film will soon be released.

The X-Men Trilogy has been fairly low-priced recently and the films A Few Good Men and In the Line of Fire were $10 each recently.

Check them out...

All this and my preorder of The Red Riding Trilogy (a three-film set for which I paid under $30), which will finally arrive on Tuesday along with Willy Wonka and the four Criterion titles I ordered after their prices dropped (Bigger than Life, Che, M and Paris, Texas). Not bad.

Last edited by BluPix; 08-30-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #2

Feb 2010
South Jersey
Send a message via AIM to RadThad

I want Once Upon a Time in the West
PSN: the_Faja_
Old 08-31-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
Expert Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadThad View Post
I want Once Upon a Time in the West
Oh, I very much want that one too. Personally, I feel that epic is even better than The Good the Bad and the Ugly and the others in this trilogy -- which is saying a lot because this trilogy is comprised of three of the best westerns ever filmed. Sergio Leone was a master craftsman and is easily one of my favorite directors.

Let's hope that Paramount speeds up the restoration and BD release of the big classics in its library. There are so many films from the 1970s and earlier that were made by Paramount or are currently owned by the studio that I would love to see released on Blu. Once Upon a Time in the West is a biggie, but one of many: Chinatown; Sunset Blvd; Shane; Harold and Maude; Romeo and Juliet (1968); Rosemary's Baby, Nashville, Gunfight at the OK Corral, The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance,... I'm sure Paramount would do a stellar job on each of these titles.

Oh, and one more Leone film I'd like to update to Blu: Once Upon a Time in America. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Warner releases a BD version of that epic crime drama.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #4

Aug 2008

I don't know much about any of these movies, but I think I would like them. I don't want to rent them to see if I like them. I might try to look online for previews of these movies.

Anyways because of the really good price I am thinking about getting this. I don't have any of these movies on Blu-ray or on any format. Would it be better to buy the 3 movie pack or to buy them all separate? Also how is this a Trilogy? I have never seen this movies and I know very little about them.

Are the Blu-ray discs that are in this trilogy set that same disc that you will get if you purchase the movies separate? Do you get the same Video Quality,Audio Quality and Special Features and Extras and so on?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

$23.99 now.
http://www.amazon.com/Name-Trilogy-F...5927728&sr=1-2
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America