COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.96
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Dragonwolf (Blu-ray)
$18.20
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Curtains (Blu-ray)
$17.47
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.92

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
NC
Default Despicable Me - 12/14/10: 3-disc Combo (BD/DVD/DC) & 4-disc Combo (3DBD/BD/DVD/DC)

BD/DVD/DC Combo Pack

Despicable Me Blu-ray Review

3DBD/BD/DVD/DC Combo Pack

Despicable Me 3D Blu-ray Review
Welcome to blu-ray.com, where slipcovers are more important than Blu-rays.
MY HDNA
LG 55" 1080p LED 55LN5700
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony STR-DG820
Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 System

Last edited by Deciazulado; 12-16-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Oh, great... Another possible purchase for me before the year is over....

[Show spoiler]
Last Watched: Alanis Morissette: Live at Montreux 2012
Last Bought: Ginger Snaps | Night of the Comet
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 09-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
Power Member

Dec 2009
Singapore
-

Can't wait to own this Gru-ray!
Setup: Sony 32'' LCD, Sony Playstation 3, Sony BDV-E800W 5.1 Wireless Blu-ray Home Theater system.

My budding movie-review blog. Do provide comments that would help me improve.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

I like the idea of a 4 combo disc, so I can buy a movie, and be ready for 3D as well.
Films of the Summer I'll check out: Guardians of the Galaxy, The Expendables 3, The Rover, Lucy, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood, Calvary, Frank, Godzilla, The Raid 2, The LEGO Movie, Under the Skin
Most Recent Blu-Ray Purchases: The LEGO Movie
Old 09-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Saw it earlier this year in 3D and wasn't impressed. It was cute and fun, overall not great, but not bad either.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Orange County, California

thehdroom.com

Quote:
Blu-ray 3D adopters have another reason to cheer this morning as Universal Studios Home Entertainment has revealed plans to bring their first standalone Blu-ray 3D title to stores on December 14 in the form of this summer's blockbuster Despicable Me starring the voices of Steve Carrell and Jason Segel.

Universal will release two Blu-ray versions of Despicable Me on December 14: a three-disc Blu-ray combo pack with the DVD and a digital copy, and a four-disc Blu-ray 3D combo back that adds the Blu-ray 3D version of the film with the fourth disc. Tech specs include 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, while bonus features will be identical between the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D versions.

* The World of Despicable Me
* Despicable Beats -- Director Chris Renaud talks about the cool factor of renowned music producer Pharrell Williams.
* Gru's Rocket Builder -- In an all-new game, Vector has stolen some of the most famous landmarks from around the world and replaced them with the pieces to Gru's rocket. Players must return all the stolen landmarks to the correct countries in order to build their own rockets before Vector hacks into the system and steals the rocket plans. The reward for completing the rocket is a launch to the moon!
* A Global Effort -- Learn all about the global effort behind Despicable Me. A director from France and another from the USA, plus an American and English cast created a movie in France, with artists from all over the world for a truly international movie!
* Commentary with directors Chris Renaud and Pierre Coffin, featuring the Minions!
* THREE ALL NEW, MINI-MOVIES Starring THE MINIONS -- The fun continues with three all-new mini-movies, created exclusively for the Blu-ray Combo Packs and DVD Double Pack! Available for a limited time only! Get more laughs and more minion mayhem with "Home Makeover", "Orientation Day" and "Banana" - you'll want to watch them again and again!
* THE VOICES OF DESPICABLE ME -- Go behind-the-scenes with Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove, Kristen Wiig and Julie Andrews as they give life to their animated characters. Includes character profiles for each of the cast members!
* SUPER SILLY FUN LAND -- Join Agnes, Margo and Edith at the Super Silly Fun Land Theme Park and play Feed the Creatures and Freeze the Floating Minions to win super cool prizes.
* BD Exclusive: GRU-CONTROL -- Through a picture-in-picture window, see the making of the film with behind-the-scenes footage and cast/filmmaker interviews
* BD Exclusive: MISS HATTIE'S TOP SECRET COOKIE RECIPES -- Margo is proud to present the recipes for those wonderful cookies that the loveable orphans under Miss Hattie's care enjoy so much!
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Despic...-December/7465
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 09-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Can't wait missed this in theaters but heard nothing but good things about this movie. Also be picking up the 4 disc combo pack in case I do go 3D one day.

Last edited by detective392; 09-22-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

That's quite a wait for one of the best animated movies of the year but at least it should get some nice holiday pricing.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

Shame Sony is the only company that uses 3D efficiently.

Warner, Disney, and now Universal seem to be unaware of the simple fact that a 2D version exists within every 3D movie and encoding them on separate discs is nothing but a big fat waste of disc space.

Other then that Im happy to see another general retail 3D disc and while Despicable Me was no Pixar is still an above average animated comedy.
3D: Cause two eyes are better then one
Deleting posts is like burning books
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Chicago, IL

The regular combo disc for me! Not interested in 3D at all.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

My kid and I enjoyed this movie at the theaters, will buy the blu for sure.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 09-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
NC

I think the early report was just a single disc BD and then the big 4-disc combo pack. I'm glad Universal is giving us a non-3D combo pack.
Welcome to blu-ray.com, where slipcovers are more important than Blu-rays.
MY HDNA
LG 55" 1080p LED 55LN5700
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony STR-DG820
Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1 System
Old 09-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Jan 2006

Cover art:

Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

I felt this movie had potential to be much better. With the main protagonist a super villian there was plenty of room for dark clever humor. Instead Despicable Me played it safe and by the books. Shame this is getting a 3D release while the far superior How to Train Your Dragon and Toy Story 3 are not this fall. Still I might get it for some 3D material in my collection and a quick laugh.
3D: Cause two eyes are better then one
Deleting posts is like burning books
Old 09-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubert View Post
Not bad, but not great either.

I'm hoping that one or more B&M retailers will offer some sort of promotion with this title. Given the lack of merchandising, the film is begging for some sort of in-store promotion, e.g. a Minion plush or figure would be nice to have.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell
Old 09-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #16

Nov 2009
Illinois

Great news but when the hell am I getting the announcement for Shrek?! I am starting to hate Paramount/Dreamworks and them taking more than six months from theater to blu ray!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #17
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
I think the early report was just a single disc BD and then the big 4-disc combo pack. I'm glad Universal is giving us a non-3D combo pack.
I am glad I can buy this without 3D, as I am just not interested in it yet. I really hope that they don't start including extras that are exclusive to the 3D sets to try to trick us into buying those versions. I'm worried that will be the next step in these multiple SKU releases. Prince of Persia and Iron Man 2 both require you to get the combo packs to get all the extras so I imagine it won't be long before this is extended to the 3D inclusive versions as well.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009

I will pick up this up day 1.

It's so Fuzzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's something really scary about a guy with a knife who just... snaps
Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Alabama
Send a message via AIM to kevin87 Send a message via MSN to kevin87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
The regular combo disc for me! Not interested in 3D at all.
same for me

the 3D and normal BD have the same features right? i hate 3D. the covers are lame, more stupid blue Universal borders but whatever i'll still get it
Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #20

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
Shame Sony is the only company that uses 3D efficiently.

Warner, Disney, and now Universal seem to be unaware of the simple fact that a 2D version exists within every 3D movie and encoding them on separate discs is nothing but a big fat waste of disc space.

Other then that Im happy to see another general retail 3D disc and while Despicable Me was no Pixar is still an above average animated comedy.
The reason they are including the standard disc as well is due to the huge number of special features being released. Even on a 50g blu-ray the 3D and the features will take up a ton of space.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America