Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Now: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Pr… $3.96 (99% sold out)
Now: Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 $10.00 (4 mins left)
Now: Neighbors $9.00 (4 mins left)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00

Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
43 min ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
12 hrs ago
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
4 hrs ago
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
3 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
14 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray)
$4.99
43 min ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
23 hrs ago
The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
Act of Valor (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.00

Old 10-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
Default Romeo and Juliet 1968

Several Romeo and Juliet versions are out on blu-ray but the superior 1968 Franco Zeffirelli version is still not out on blu-ray. It's been ten years since paramount's last home video release of this movie which was a single layer barebones release (oop).
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
Old 10-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #2

Jul 2010

this one is big on my wish list, too. The Zeffirelli R&J is the only one worth watching, IMO. I bet it'd look beautiful on BD
Old 10-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Texas

I am also interested in this version of Romeo and Juliet... which I also believe to be the best version ever made. Beautiful music, wonderful acting... just a great movie.
Drink up, me arties, Yo Ho……

Sony KDSR70XBR2 70", Pioneer Elite BDP95FD Blu Ray player, Pioneer Elite VSX92THX Receiver, SVS 5.1 Speaker System: SVS MTS-01 (Left and Right), SVS MCS-01 (Center), SVS MBS-01 (Surrounds), SVS PB13 Ultra (Sub)
Old 10-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Expert Member

Jan 2008
San Antonio Texas

I wonder how much restoration work may need to be done? I agree, this version is the most satisfying in cinematic terms. A beautiful gem of a movie.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #5

Jan 2009
Australia

Needs Release
Hollywood; The biggest Cheese Factory on Earth.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #6

Feb 2012
USA an HD version of Romeo and Juliet (1968) exists.

I just rented and watched an HD version of Romeo and Juliet (1968) on the Playstation 3 network (in the Playstation store, not Netflix). It does not look like a 1080p version but more likely a 720p version. I really would like to own an HD version of this film (even this version), but for right now, it looks like you can only rent it.

Last edited by Redd; 02-04-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added location of HD version
Old 05-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Paramount is releasing it in multiple foreign markets in June & July: France (June 12), Germany (July 4), Sweden (July 10), Japan (July 12), Italy (July 17). Undecided if I should order one of the foreign editions or wait for WB to release it here.
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab 3 Lite; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008

I would LOVE to own this on blu-ray!
The Alamo, Black Rain (Jp), Far from the Madding Crowd, Gray Lady Down, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Interrupted Melody, Lust for Life, Mississippi Burning, Moby Dick (Gregory Peck), The Other Sister, Ryan's Daughter, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Sink the Bismarck, Swing Kids, Testament, Them, They Died With Their Boots On, The Thing from Another World, War of the Worlds (Orig.) & When Worlds Collide
Old 05-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #9

Jan 2013
In the Good Ol' US of A

I just pre-ordered the French release of this movie as I loved it on Netflix, and according to the specs, it is Region Free. Just a heads up if anyone else is considering whether to import this or not.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyCR72 View Post
I just pre-ordered the French release of this movie as I loved it on Netflix, and according to the specs, it is Region Free. Just a heads up if anyone else is considering whether to import this or not.
Thanks but if I were to order the foreign release of this, I would rather order the German version because BD releases from that area do not, unlike the French, use forced subtitles. Just MHO regarding the French release.
The Alamo, Black Rain (Jp), Far from the Madding Crowd, Gray Lady Down, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Interrupted Melody, Lust for Life, Mississippi Burning, Moby Dick (Gregory Peck), The Other Sister, Ryan's Daughter, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Sink the Bismarck, Swing Kids, Testament, Them, They Died With Their Boots On, The Thing from Another World, War of the Worlds (Orig.) & When Worlds Collide
Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Power Member

Jun 2009
Terra Scanić, Sweden
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkolinski View Post
Thanks but if I were to order the foreign release of this, I would rather order the German version because BD releases from that area do not, unlike the French, use forced subtitles. Just MHO regarding the French release.
German, French, the disc is identical since Paramount is issuing it in mulitple countries. Same selection of audio and subtitles and no forced subs. Had it been a local distributor there would have been reason for concern but that isn't the case here.
500 years ago on the planet Zeist

4K scan, please. Make mine unscrubbed and hold the teal'n'orange, thanks!

Region A/B positive
Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
German, French, the disc is identical since Paramount is issuing it in mulitple countries. Same selection of audio and subtitles and no forced subs. Had it been a local distributor there would have been reason for concern but that isn't the case here.
Thanks!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #13

Jul 2010

Quote:
How was the picture quality? I'm dying for this, but want to wait for a US release if possible.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #14

Jan 2013
In the Good Ol' US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDan View Post
How was the picture quality? I'm dying for this, but want to wait for a US release if possible.
Can't answer yet, as it's due here on Monday. Once I do get it, I'll let everyone know.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #15

Jun 2011
Indianapolis, USA

Quote:
Can't answer yet, as it's due here on Monday. Once I do get it, I'll let everyone know.
Okay Wendy, you must have had the disc for at least 24 hours at this point. WE WANT ANSWERS!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #16

Feb 2009
Lake of The Ozarks, MO

I posted a quick review here. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Romeo-...3/#UserReviews
No self-promotion.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists