Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Ocean Giants (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Knocked Up (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Old 10-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Special Member

Mar 2007
Default Prescription 3D glasses from Samsung

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/s...shutter-3d-gl/
Old 10-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Special Member

May 2007
Dublin

its a nice idea.. its cumbersome to wear glasses over glasses.. no matter how light/comfortable the design is.. i'd pay extra on a once off basis for a prescription pair.. would just mean you wouldnt be able to share with anyone else.. but thats probably a good thing!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #3

Mar 2010

This would be great; I have to wear contacts otherwise i cant get the full3d effect.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
its a nice idea.. its cumbersome to wear glasses over glasses.. no matter how light/comfortable the design is.. i'd pay extra on a once off basis for a prescription pair.. would just mean you wouldnt be able to share with anyone else.. but thats probably a good thing!
I've luckily dodged this bullet as the only member of my family not to require corrective eyewear - but based on them - don't you need a new prescription every so often to counteract changes to your vision?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDog View Post
I've luckily dodged this bullet as the only member of my family not to require corrective eyewear - but based on them - don't you need a new prescription every so often to counteract changes to your vision?
I've been wearing the same pair of glasses for about nine years now. And I'm still not in need of a different prescription.

This sounds nice, but I probably wouldn't go for it right now seeing how it's got to be pretty expensive. And wearing the Samsung glasses over my own really isn't much of a bother at all. Maybe sometime down the road.

Actually, I'd probably rather spend the money on a nice pair of prescirption sun glasses.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #6

Oct 2007
Miami, Florida

I see that Samsung is selling their prescription 3D glasses. How exactly does this work? From the summary I see that "Viewers who require corrective lenses can now order prescription lenses that clip on to the frames of the SSG-3300CR" Does anyone here own these?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #7

Jan 2011
Austin, Austin MA?

Are they for the ir glasses or blue tooth
Old 04-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Both my fiancee and I wear prescription glasses (my fiancee wears them all the time as she's blind without them, but I only have to wear them when I'm driving or watching tv) and to be honest we have never felt uncomfortable wearing the Samsung 3d glasses over the top of them. Though my pair of prescription glasses are made by Oakley, they are made of titanium and are frameless so they very light weight. My fiancee's prescription glasses are a bit bigger and heavier, but she still doesn't have any problems wearing the Samsung glasses over the top. It's certainly a good idea by Samsung, but I personally would still rather wear their 3d glasses over my prescription glasses as it doesn't bother me at all.

Last edited by Cevolution; 04-17-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #9

Oct 2007
Miami, Florida

It doesn't bother me that much, but since the glasses are going for around $110, I wanted to know if anyone here had used them. I can't find ANY reviews on the web for them :\
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Technology, News and General Discussion