COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.80
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.33
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #1

Sep 2008
Default Joe Bonamassa: Live from The Royal Albert Hall

Joe Bonamassa: Live from The Royal Albert Hall Blu-ray

Does anyone have this BD yet? There is very little information anywhere concerning it. I have it on order at amazon.ca who seems to be having trouble getting it in stock. Anyway I'm tempted to cancel the order as the sound on the DVD IMO was subpar and I'm just afraid that they are going to utilize the same lossy track on this. Hopefully there is DTS MA and hopefully it is also an improvement over the audio on the DVD version. Anyone that can help me?
HTR-6260B
Oppo BDP-93
Polk RTi70
Polk CSi40
Polk RTi38
Polk RT600i
Velodyne CHT12 & SVS SVS PB10-NSD (400 watt Sledge)
Samsung 42" LCD

Last edited by Deciazulado; 09-09-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:01 AM   #2

Oct 2010

I've got the BD.

The audio options are DTS Stereo and DTS Surround 5.1. The video really doesn't look much better than the DVD.

Also, of all my Blu-rays, this is the only one that doesn't have a menu pop-up function where you can make menu selections and change the song while the current song is still playing. You have to exit the current song and go to the main menu to select another song. The only real advantage that this BD has over the DVD version is that it is all on one disc and you don't have to change the disc at the intermission.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #3

Oct 2010

PS - For the audio, the menu says that the audio options are DTS Stereo and DTS Surround 5.1. When you click the audio button on the remote during playback, the pop-up says "dts HD MA 2 channel" and "dts HD MA mulit-channel".
Old 10-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #4

Sep 2008

Thanks Crazystix. If you have the DVD and the BD does the audio sound any better on the BD?
HTR-6260B
Oppo BDP-93
Polk RTi70
Polk CSi40
Polk RTi38
Polk RT600i
Velodyne CHT12 & SVS SVS PB10-NSD (400 watt Sledge)
Samsung 42" LCD
Old 10-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #5

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy R View Post
Thanks Crazystix. If you have the DVD and the BD does the audio sound any better on the BD?
Not really on my system. I usually listen to the stereo track through a soundbar and subwoofer.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
Toronto

The second released BD (Beacon Theater) has better PQ and the newest release (Vienna Theater) has great PQ as well but I'm finding the camera work on this latter disc is not in synch with the DTS MA sound in too many spots. - just to put my two cents in here. As an interesting side note however, the disc runs perfectly fine in a firmware updated PS3 running Toslink into a receiver. Where I ran into problems, was running the disc on a new Sony BD player (wouldn't take the FW upgrade yet), into a Yamaha RXA3020 receiver (HDMI). It staggered , jittered, ran out of synch and paused slightly in many areas. Running the disc on an Arcam BD player into an Arcam AVR360(also HDMI) had no where near the Sony's problems but it did run out of synch through most of the disc.
2695 titles on disc... of those, 17 are LaserDisc, 1067 are Blu-Ray, 80 are in 3D. My avatar shot was just taken last September with a 200.00 Nikon. Shows what a cheap camera can do.

Last edited by DavePS3; 03-28-2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: update on issues.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America