Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #41

Dec 2009

Sri Balaji still does not have Vedam on their coming soon page.
Please release Vedam as soon as possible if you have the rights for it.

Its not a hit movie, so if the DVD is releasing so late (its already late) ... not many will buy it.

http://www.sribalajivideo.com/coming_movies.php
Old 12-12-2010, 01:31 AM   #42

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
Sri Balaji still does not have Vedam on their coming soon page.
Please release Vedam as soon as possible if you have the rights for it.

Its not a hit movie, so if the DVD is releasing so late (its already late) ... not many will buy it.

http://www.sribalajivideo.com/coming_movies.php
I think they have deal not to release before it is aired on tv and the tamil version hits the screen.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #43

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post
I think they have deal not to release before it is aired on tv and the tamil version hits the screen.
I know Gemini has the satellite rights for months now, but it won't telecast a movie like this until a festival like Christmas, New Year or Sankranthi (Pongal)

This sucks....over half year and no DVD yet
Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #44

Dec 2009

This is ridiculous
Movie released over 200 days ago and we still don't have a DVD for it.

I heard Vedam is a flop movie, even though it has good reviews.
I don't know why we are waiting over 7 months for a flop movie's DVD.
Sri Balaji has not released any DVD for almost 2 months now, if you have the rights please release the DVD fast.

Gemini is telecasting Robot for Sankranthi ... I don't know when it will telecast Vedam.
I hope Gemini is not stopping the DVD from releasing.

Last edited by annayya; 01-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #45

Feb 2010

It made a small amount of money. Regardless I wish these guys release movies on Blu-Ray on a schedule like 100 days after the movie or whatever.

This movie was critically acclaimed and commercial success doesn't matter to me
Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #46

Mar 2010

is vedam blu-ray happening????? i heard the dvd is coming out this month, jan 2011. source: http://www.ashok-raju.blogspot.com
Old 01-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #47

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank24 View Post
is vedam blu-ray happening????? i heard the dvd is coming out this month, jan 2011. source: http://www.ashok-raju.blogspot.com
i don't think vedam bluray will come out any soon. we atleast hope to get the dvd.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 AM   #48

Nov 2008
Atlanta,GA

Vedam is such a good movie....how come these studios are taking so much time to release a good movie.
Plasma:LG 60PK550 (Calibrated by Chad B)
A/V Reciever: Denon 2808CI Blu-Ray Player: PS3 40GB
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 DVD Changer: Denon DVM-745
Speakers: PSB T45's for Front L/R, PSB C40, B15 for center & Surr
Subwoofer: eD A2-300 Interconnects: Emotiva X-Series RCA Cables
Power Conditioner: Panamax M5300-PM
Universal Remote: Harmony One
Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 AM   #49

Dec 2009

This is it ... this is by far the most longest wait for a DVD in the recent times.
Time to push this thread to the top so people stop talking about Robot and pay some attention to this movie.

I have seen Robot in theaters, but I am 100% sure that Vedam's story is sooooooo much better than Robot's story.
The director's previous movie Gamyam was a big hit and had several good reviews everywhere and even won many awards including being a nominee for India's official entry to the Oscars. It also won the Best film and Best Director awards from both FilmFare and Nandi.
Now, VEDAM has a more popular cast than Gamyam, and just as many awards waiting for it.
A lot of people will buy the DVD for such a good movie. Please release it as soon as possible.

Its been like 8 months since the movie released in theaters. Why is this DVD being ignored

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m5-1wjTzwE
VEDAM also received excellent reviews everywhere.
IMDB rating: 8.5/10 (358 votes)

Last edited by annayya; 01-24-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #50

Jan 2011
Default Vedam

Vedam DVD/BLURAY will not release in any company because the Produser has not assigned its rights to any Company so forget about this movie, if any one says that they are releasing then it is only the Piracy not Original.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #51

Jan 2011

I have contacted the Sri Balaji for the Bluray, but they say they don't have rights with them. So, we have to wait who are going to release this.

I wish the waiting will not be much longer for the Bluray/DVD.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #52

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIT AGARWAL View Post
Vedam DVD/BLURAY will not release in any company because the Produser has not assigned its rights to any Company so forget about this movie, if any one says that they are releasing then it is only the Piracy not Original.
I don't understand why

The producers of Maryada Ramanna (Devineni Prasad & Yarlagadda Shobhu) are the same producers for VEDAM.

Sri Balaji bought the DVD and Blu-ray rights for Maryada Ramanna from them and released it in less than 4 months and I don't think it will take more than 8 months now to buy Vedam rights.

Please inform ... this is a really good movie which needs to be released on DVD and it will sell well also.
Even Gamyam was released on DVD, I think by Universal. Why can't Vedam be released. It is so late already.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #53

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
I don't understand why

The producers of Maryada Ramanna (Devineni Prasad & Yarlagadda Shobhu) are the same producers for VEDAM.

Sri Balaji bought the DVD and Blu-ray rights for Maryada Ramanna from them and released it in less than 4 months and I don't think it will take more than 8 months now to buy Vedam rights.

Please inform ... this is a really good movie which needs to be released on DVD and it will sell well also.
Even Gamyam was released on DVD, I think by Universal. Why can't Vedam be released. It is so late already.
May be they are waiting for the Tamil version to hit the screens which may happen during the summer.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #54

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by remop View Post
May be they are waiting for the Tamil version to hit the screens which may happen during the summer.
yes, that's what i said in the previous posts too... It has to release in tamil, and telecast on tv , then comes dvd.
They get more money(i think) for satellite rights, if they say dvd has not released yet.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #55

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post
yes, that's what i said in the previous posts too... It has to release in tamil, and telecast on tv , then comes dvd.
They get more money(i think) for satellite rights, if they say dvd has not released yet.
VEDAM DVD will NOT NOT NOT release in any Company in Telugu version because the producer has not given to any one the rights, so forget about this DVD in Original. Before Sri Balaji Video has its rights for Overseas but after knowing that Producer have already given to Gemini TV then they cancelled the agreement. If any one releases in any company then understand that it is Pirated one not Original.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #56

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIT AGARWAL View Post
VEDAM DVD will NOT NOT NOT release in any Company in Telugu version because the producer has not given to any one the rights, so forget about this DVD in Original. Before Sri Balaji Video has its rights for Overseas but after knowing that Producer have already given to Gemini TV then they cancelled the agreement. If any one releases in any company then understand that it is Pirated one not Original.
Right amit, please read my post again. that's what we guessed and now we know it is right. dvd will not release until tamil movie is released and it is screened in gemini tv first. same with robo, it got screened in gemini first, and all of a sudden we saw that dvd is coming out soon!! It will be same case with vedam, once it is aired on gemini tv, then it dvd will come out. It wont air on gemini tv, until the tamil version hits the screen(or even after 50 days after tamil version releases)!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #57

Dec 2009

This sucks. How can piracy be killed if the DVDs are not being released officially.

If there is no way for us to buy anything, then people will get pirated copy only
The producers should understand this AND GEMINI TV SHOULD STOP INTERFERING IN CONTROLLING DVD RELEASES.

Gemini is buying Satellite rights for a lot of money, but that doesn't mean it has the right to fool around with the DVD releases.
TV audience are different from DVD audience. Releasing DVD before telecast on TV does not affect the viewer-ship siginificantly.

Along with Vedam, now even Golimaar, Rakhtha Charitha 1 and Raktha Charitha 2 satellite rights rights are with Gemini TV. I hope the producers don't agree to Gemini demands to control the DVD release. I have no hopes on Bellam Konda, but I hope at least Ram Gopal Verma will sell DVD rights to release Raktha Charithra 1 and Raktha Charithra 2. Its a Telugu Story, made the most money from Telugu version and we have nothing, but in Hindi both movies telcasted on TV and also released on DVD

How will the Tamil people feel if Robot DVD is released first on Telugu and a few months later in Tamil. That is feeling I have right now already about Raktha Charithra.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #58

Oct 2009
India/Bollywood Vedam

Hai,Guy's VEDAM bluray under process.Releasing very soon From BALAJI,PRASAD EFX is doing this bluray...

Last edited by Ashok Reddy; 01-26-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #59

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Reddy View Post
Hai,Guy's VEDAM bluray under process.Releasing very soon From BALAJI,PRASAD EFX is doing this bluray...
Really? ... but Amit from Balaji is saying no one has the rights.
And you said Vedam blu-ray ... Is this a dream come true

If this is for real ... thanks a lot for the excellent news.

Last edited by annayya; 01-26-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #60

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Reddy View Post
Great News...

I have seen your previous posts and we could definitely trust your information..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India