Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Illinois
Default Capitalism: A Love Story

Anyone seen it? It is on sale at Best Buy for $5.99. I like his other films for the fun and enjoyment but yet to see this one. I don't know how much truth there is to any of them.

I May just grab it for the price of a rental.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #2

Feb 2010

Meh. It's good the first time, but like most documentaries, it has no replay value.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
Meh. It's good the first time, but like most documentaries, it has no replay value.
Yes true.

Except maybe The World at War.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Denmark

It was pretty decent.. Watched it on DVD
"Now everybody's equal, just don't measure it!"
Old 12-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #5

Oct 2010

I didn't like it, but my BF loved it. I don't know why.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

It should be free its evil Capitalism to sell a movie and force them to actually pay for what they buy. At least according to the twisted logic of this farce.
3D: Cause two eyes are better then one
Deleting posts is like burning books
Old 12-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
It should be free its evil Capitalism to sell a movie and force them to actually pay for what they buy. At least according to the twisted logic of this farce.
"Now everybody's equal, just don't measure it!"
Old 12-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Expert Member

Oct 2009
New Bedford, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
No offense but that's a bit of a broad statement. Many documentaries are rewatchable. Think about it, if a movie is based on a true story it can be rewatchable so why can't a documentary. I think documentaries get a bad rap sometimes.
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player
Pioneer VSX-819H Receiver
Samsung PN51E550 Plasma HDTV
Old 12-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
Expert Member

Oct 2009
New Bedford, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings80 View Post
Anyone seen it? It is on sale at Best Buy for $5.99. I like his other films for the fun and enjoyment but yet to see this one. I don't know how much truth there is to any of them.

I May just grab it for the price of a rental.
I liked it, it was quite informative. I am an editor so I know how one can skew the truth with footage but lets face facts the footage to back up his claims exists. It's not like he's saying things with no proof so I think there is alot more truth in his movies than otherwise. This becomes a political debate which I don't want but it seems like those with open minds who don't live in a town or city so closed off from reality can sift through the propaganda and the truth. I personally find more truth than propaganda but then again I guess that's my opinion (is it actually an opinion when there is eveidence to back it up). Who knows? Good buy for $5.99.
Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-ray Disc/DVD Player
Pioneer VSX-819H Receiver
Samsung PN51E550 Plasma HDTV
Old 12-05-2010, 01:54 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugStillo View Post
I liked it, it was quite informative. I am an editor so I know how one can skew the truth with footage but lets face facts the footage to back up his claims exists. It's not like he's saying things with no proof so I think there is alot more truth in his movies than otherwise. This becomes a political debate which I don't want but it seems like those with open minds who don't live in a town or city so closed off from reality can sift through the propaganda and the truth. I personally find more truth than propaganda but then again I guess that's my opinion (is it actually an opinion when there is eveidence to back it up). Who knows? Good buy for $5.99.
He backs up his claims with nothing. His case is a farce because he doesn't have a cluse what Capitalism even is. Bailouts are the opposite of a free market. If Moore had a clue he would realize that demonizing bailouts is not helping his cause that Capitalism is a bad thing. Many of the examples he gives of Capitalist coruptions are actually examples of cronyism. Moore is either too stupid to know the difference or he is intentionally deceptive. He also conviently leaves out facts that don't support his points. For example he leaves out the fact that the attitude that houses were a nest of gold that would pay for themselves was an attitude largely driven buy government "affordable housing" projects not by greedy leaders. He leaves out any and all facts that don't support his worldview that the rich coorporations are evil and those with less money are pure and sin free.
3D: Cause two eyes are better then one
Deleting posts is like burning books
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America