Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Soon: Godzilla ()
Soon: Fargo (Remastered) ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
12 Years a Slave (Blu-ray)
$6.96
6 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00
8 hrs ago
The Rover (Blu-ray)
$6.96
5 hrs ago
Riddick (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99
11 hrs ago
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$6.96
6 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00
7 hrs ago
Escape Plan (Blu-ray)
$6.96
6 hrs ago
Super 8 (Blu-ray)
$4.99
11 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
7 hrs ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96
6 hrs ago
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Default Oppo BDP-95 Blu-ray Player

Available February 2011 ...

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...-Features.aspx

Quote:

High Fidelity Audio Performance:
  • SABRE32 Reference Audio DAC - The DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) is one of the most important components for digital audio playback. The SABRE32 Reference ES9018 from ESS Technology is the world’s best performing 32-bit audio DAC solution targeted for high-end consumer applications and professional studio equipment. With the ESS patented 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference DAC delivers an unprecedented DNR (Dynamic Range) of up to 135dB and THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise) of -120dB, the industry’s highest performance level that will satisfy even the most demanding audio enthusiast. The BDP-95 uses two ES9018 DAC chips - one for the 7.1-channel output, and another for the dedicated stereo output.
  • Toroidal Power Supply - Custom designed and built by Rotel, the toroidal power transformer offers superior inrush current and much lower exterior magnetic field over traditional laminated steel core transformers. The BDP-95's toroidal linear power supply provides a very clean and robust power source to the critical audio components.
  • Dedicated Stereo Output - The BDP-95 features a dedicated 2-channel analog output with specially optimized ES9018 DAC and output driving stages. Each output is driven by 4 DAC channels stacking together to achieve even greater audio performance.
  • XLR Balanced Stereo Output - The stereo output offers both XLR balanced and RCA single-ended connectors. The balanced output features a true differential signal path all the way from the DAC to the 3-pin XLR connector. By transmitting a pair of differential signals, the balanced output provides better common-mode noise rejection and improves signal quality.
  • 7.1-Channel Analog Output - Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal to connect to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. Powered by the ES9018 SABRE32 Reference DAC, the BDP-95 delivers an incredible and immersive multi-channel soundstage.
  • Digital Optical and Coaxial Outputs - For simple and easy connection to more traditional A/V receivers, the BDP-95 features both optical and coaxial outputs for digital audio.
  • Dolby® TrueHD - Dolby TrueHD delivers lossless studio master quality audio designed specifically for high definition entertainment. The BDP-95 supports bit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.4a output. It can also internally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats are also supported.).
  • DTS-HD Master Audio™ - DTS-HD Master Audio delivers an auditory experience that matches the lifelike images of high-definition video with up to 7.1 channels that are bit-for-bit identical to the studio master. The BDP-95 supports bit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Digital Surround are also supported.)
Note - Although the BDP-95 shares the same playback platform as the BDP-93, it is designed from the ground up with a different chassis and many different components optimized for the analog audio performance. For this reason it is not possible to upgrade a BDP-93 to gain the BDP-95's enhanced audio performance by replacing parts.

Diversified Media Support:
  • Blu-ray Disc - The high definition Blu-ray Disc™ format provides pristine video and audio quality for your home entertainment.
  • Blu-ray 3D – Experience high definition in all new dimensions. The BDP-95 supports the new Blu-ray 3D specifications (3D television and glasses required).
  • Netflix Instant Streaming Ready - Instantly watch movies streamed to your TV via the internet when connected to the OPPO BDP-95. (Unlimited membership required. US only)
  • Blockbuster on Demand - The newest releases instantly from your couch! (Service available in the United States only)
  • BD-Live & BonusVIEW - The BDP-95 supports BD-Live™ (Profile 2.0) and contains all necessary hardware - audio/video decoder, Ethernet and wireless networking, and 1GB of internal storage - for BD-Live. It also supports BonusVIEW (Profile 1.1) enabling "picture-in-picture" and audio features for viewing director or actor commentary while the main movie is playing.
  • DVD-Audio - The BDP-95 plays DVD-Audio and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to play the DVD-Audio or the DVD-Video portion of the disc.
  • SACD - The BDP-95 plays Super Audio CD (SACD) and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to output the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) signal in its native format over HDMI or convert it into high resolution PCM.
  • Additional Disc & Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, DivX, MKV, FLAC, WAV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs, USB or eSATA drives can be played back on the BDP-95.
Unparalleled Video Quality:
  • Qdeo by Marvell - The BDP-95 incorporates Marvell's Kyoto-G2 video processor with the second generation Qdeo™ technology. Qdeo video processing delivers a truly immersive viewing experience by rendering quiet natural video free of noise and artifacts for all types of content. For high-quality Blu-ray content, the BDP-95 faithfully reproduces the program just as the director intended; for DVD, the up-converted picture quality bridges the visual gap from your current DVD library to Blu-ray discs; for network streaming and user-encoded content at a variety of formats and quality, the BDP-95 offers enhancement options including video noise reduction, compression artifact reduction, intelligent color, contrast, detail and edge enhancements. More Info
  • DVD Up-Conversion - Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transforms the standard definition image on DVDs to near high definition video quality. Additional Qdeo video processing options help to deliver a clearer, smoother, and true-to-life picture free of noise and artifacts.
  • Full HD 1080p Output - The BDP-95 features user selectable video output resolutions, including 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and up to 1080p 50 or 60Hz.
  • True 24p™ Video - Many Blu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rate as the original movie's theatrical release. The BDP-95 can faithfully redeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatible display required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-like home theater experience.
  • Source Direct Mode - For users who wish to use an external video processor, high-end audio/video receiver or display, the BDP-95 offers a "Source Direct" mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent out with no additional processing or alteration.
  • Multiple Zoom Modes - The BDP-95 supports multiple levels of aspect ratio control and image zooming, including a vertical stretch mode for customers with a 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) display system. A unique subtitle shift feature allows the user to move the subtitle up and down, making it possible to see all subtitle text when using a 2.35:1 CIH display. (Blu-ray discs with BD-Java may prohibit zoom operation.)
  • Dual HDMI v1.4a Outputs - Two assignable HDMI v1.4a outputs are provided to capitalize on the optimum audio and video settings to all old, new, and future HDMI televisions and receivers. With the option of full audio and video output to 2 displays; or dedicate one HDMI for audio, the other for video, it promotes a high quality video and audio for both signal paths. The BDP-95 supports 3D and Deep Color modes on both HDMI output ports.
Ultimate Convenience:
  • Dual HDMI Outputs – The BDP-95 is equipped with two HDMI output ports and offers the most versatile installation options. You do not have to upgrade your A/V receiver to a 3D model in order to enjoy 3D. One HDMI output of the BDP-95 can be connected to a 3D TV and the other can be connected to a pre-3D HDMI v1.1-v1.3 A/V receiver. For projector users, you can connect one output to a projector for home theater use and the other to a TV for casual viewing. For a multi-room installation the BDP-95 can output audio and video to two 3D or 2D TVs simultaneously.
  • eSATA Port – The BDP-95 features an eSATA interface on its back panel. Customers can take advantage of this fast interface to play contents from external hard drives and enclosures which contain audio, video and photo files.
  • Wireless & Ethernet – Using the included wireless-N adapter or the built-in RJ45 Ethernet port, users will be able to interact with BD-Live content, watch instant streaming programs from provides such as Netflix, Blockbuster etc., playback contents stored on their home network, and keep the BDP-95 up-to-date with firmware release to ensure maximum Blu-ray compatibility.
  • Dual USB Ports - Two USB 2.0 high speed ports are provided, one on the front panel and one on the back. Users can enjoy high definition video, high resolution photos and music directly from their USB drives.
  • PAL/NTSC Conversion - The BDP-95 supports NTSC and PAL systems for both disc playback and video output. It can also convert content of one system for output in another. (Subject to DVD and BD region restrictions.)
  • Back-lit Remote Control - The BDP-95 comes with a fully back-lit remote control for ease of use in dark home theaters. With its ergonomic button layout and clear labeling, operating the Blu-ray Disc player is easier than ever.
  • World Power Supply - The BDP-95 features a world power supply that is compatible with AC power from all regions. Voltage range from 100V-120V and 200V-240V can be selected by flipping a switch on the back panel.
  • External IR - For integration into home theater control systems, the BDP-95 provides external IR IN port to use with an IR distribution system.
  • RS232 Control - For custom installation, the BDP-95 offers an RS232 control port with a rich control and communication protocol. Installers can easily program their favorite control systems to operate the BDP-95.
  • HDMI CEC - HDMI Consumer Electronics Control simplifies the home theater by allowing a single remote control to operate multiple devices.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #2

Sep 2009
San Diego, CA

OMG! Holy Sh!@! I wonder what the price will be???
COMO!!!
Living Room
58' 1080p Panasonic TC-P58S1, OppO BDP-93, Black AppleTV, TiVO Roamio, Pioneer SC-35, Mirage Omni-sat speakers, Velodyne MicroVee SW, Panamax M5300
Bedroom
LG 42 LD450, Sony BDP-S570
Bringing it all together: Logitech Harmony ONE and Roomie Remote on iPad!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:37 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bull View Post
OMG! Holy Sh!@! I wonder what the price will be???
Rumor is the MSRP will be $979.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:42 AM   #4
Power Member

Nov 2007
Shillington,PA

This player looks BadAss and I want one
2D LOYALIST Displays-Pioneer Kuro KRP-600M-LR,Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M-BR(Both Calibrated by DNice),Panasonic-42PZ80U-Basement,Samsung-LN22B460-Kit
Pioneer Elite SC-57/Emotiva XPA-2&XPA-5 Amps/Klipsch RF-83's,RC-64, 2 SVS PB-13 Ultras,PB12-NSD,Klipsch RS-62s, RS-52s,BD Players-Oppo BDP-95 Reg Free,Pioneer Elite BD-52FD,SVS ASEQ,Sqzbx Duet & Touch,Panamax M-5300PM,Belkin PF60& AVU1500 UPS,Harmony 1100,2-XBOX360S,PS3 Slim 250GB,Wii,DTVHR24W/1TB HD,AppleTV,DiamondCaseDesigns TV Cab.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Rumor is the MSRP will be $979.
I think that's a lot. Is it really worth double the price of the BDP-93? If the purpose of the BDP-95 is primarily to get great audio for music listening, would it not be better to simply buy a separate player? (Even though I would prefer only one player.)
Old 12-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
Special Member

Apr 2008
CANADA
-

I was about to upgrade my 83 to an SE.. good thing I saw this.. the first look is now posted on the audioholics website.
D
Old 12-28-2010, 01:55 AM   #7

Apr 2008
Long Island, NY.

I will definitely get one! This player will not have pre-release beta version, it will launch full production model.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
::1

Already in the budget for 1Q 2011. This will replace my SACD transport as well.

/drool
-Chris
Old 12-28-2010, 02:14 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
::1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoetMB View Post
I think that's a lot. Is it really worth double the price of the BDP-93? If the purpose of the BDP-95 is primarily to get great audio for music listening, would it not be better to simply buy a separate player? (Even though I would prefer only one player.)
SA-CD, balanced stereo out, DAC upgrade. . . yeahuuuuh!

Edit: I own/owned a Pioneer 93, 95, 05 and 09. Solid but noisier and much, much slower than Oppo's. Part of me wants to wait a bit and see what modwright.com does to one of these.
-Chris
Old 12-28-2010, 04:03 AM   #10

Apr 2008
Long Island, NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
SA-CD, balanced stereo out, DAC upgrade. . . yeahuuuuh!

Edit: I own/owned a Pioneer 93, 95, 05 and 09. Solid but noisier and much, much slower than Oppo's. Part of me wants to wait a bit and see what modwright.com does to one of these.
My guess... The mods will be mostly on the power supply and DAC audio boards:

1. power rectifying diodes
2. replacing caps
3. replacing LPF OP amps
4. adding damping material
5. improving important chip power supply decoupling
6. replacing regulators
(maybe) 7. word clock

and the price will go up to probably $2K to $3K range...

Last edited by Sunnyboy; 12-28-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:14 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA

Quote:
it's in the same price ratio of the 83 to the 83se (maybe almost 100 more) but it's also a superior machine to the 83se right out the gate and i have no doubt that it will equal or out do machines more than twice it's price and remember your getting esata support & full network support for lots of streaming abilities for music the big one for me is FLAC which i'd be able to stream from my NAS and out via XLR to my analog input, i'm dying to hear that + i'm set for 3D should i ever choose to go that route and i won't have to change my pre-amp either. that's cake man, and a big f'n slice too, hell the whole damn thing!
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, SB-Touch, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200, & mini-x Amps, XDA-1DAC, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2, Monitor 10 & Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
Special Member

Mar 2010

The release of this was sort of bad timing, most Americans buy their electronics from Thanksgiving onwards till around beginning of January and then they want to relax and enjoy what they got over the holidays. I'm personally pooped out.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #13

Apr 2008
Long Island, NY.

Folks: I am still communicating with Oppo's outstanding Customer Support from 12/24 until now EVERYDAY! Yes, including the Christmas! And I got the following information about BDP-95:

1. BDP95 and BDP93 use the same video board.

2. The power supply of 95 will be mounted on the left side of the transport, using the space of 93's power board and audio board. Most interestingly, it is not a regular linear power supply. It is a BALANCED linear power supply!! This type of power supply has never been used in any high-end equipments under $3K range (maybe higher)! For balanced power supply alone, the market price will cost more than $1K (plz goole it, if you do not trust me. Furman makes one, and my friend Bruce at http://www.transcendentsound.com also has a balanced power supply kit available, and you can check the price on his site)!!

3. The audio board is mounted on top of the player like BDP-83 utilizing 2 ESS audio 32bit Sabre DACs! On the analog part: it has XLR output.

Regarding FLAC: I prefer AIFF better, Oppo cannot confirm whether they are going to support or when Oppo will support this audio format.

Other than AIFF, this is a dream player at unbelievable price! Definitely a no brainer!

Plz someone sticky this thread!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:57 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
New York

According to the tech specs posted on the OPPO website, there are only five differences between the BDP-95 and the BDP-93:

1. SABRE 32 Reference Audio DAC: The BDP-95 uses 2 ES9018 DAC chips- one for the 7.1 channel output and one for the 2-channel stereo analog output. OPPO claims that this ESS Technology Co. chip is the world's best performing 32-bit audio DAC solution. If you don't use the analog outputs, this is not relevant.

2. Toroidal Power Supply: custom designed and built by Rotel.

3. Dedicated stereo analog output (The BDP-83 had a dedicated stereo out, but this was removed from the BDP-93).

4. XLR Balanced stereo analog outputs. (Really only useful if you have very long cable runs between the Blu-ray player and your A/V receiver or pre-pro or you're wiring everything thru an automation system or patch bay and want to use the analog, not digital outputs.)

5. Different chassis.

So aside from the better power supply (and I question whether we'd be able to perceive real world differences in PQ or AQ because of it), unless you're planning to use the analog outputs, there's no reason to buy the BDP-95 over the BDP-93.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #15

Apr 2008
Long Island, NY.

Quote:
According to the tech specs posted on the OPPO website, there are only five differences between the BDP-95 and the BDP-93:

1. SABRE 32 Reference Audio DAC: The BDP-95 uses 2 ES9018 DAC chips- one for the 7.1 channel output and one for the 2-channel stereo analog output. OPPO claims that this ESS Technology Co. chip is the world's best performing 32-bit audio DAC solution. If you don't use the analog outputs, this is not relevant.

2. Toroidal Power Supply: custom designed and built by Rotel.

3. Dedicated stereo analog output (The BDP-83 had a dedicated stereo out, but this was removed from the BDP-93).

4. XLR Balanced stereo analog outputs. (Really only useful if you have very long cable runs between the Blu-ray player and your A/V receiver or pre-pro or you're wiring everything thru an automation system or patch bay and want to use the analog, not digital outputs.)

5. Different chassis.

So aside from the better power supply (and I question whether we'd be able to perceive real world differences in PQ or AQ because of it), unless you're planning to use the analog outputs, there's no reason to buy the BDP-95 over the BDP-93.
Sorry buddy, that is just the info... However, I am a very picky Oppo owner, and I want their products to be better and better. So, I have lots of these communications with Oppo...

The OTL amps that I designed may cost $20K each, plz trust me BDP-95 is a serious player! Worth the $, yes! It will beat those $5K SACD/CD players to death! After spending about $100 for the parts (and modify myself), this player can even compete with any CD players, including Esoteric, dCS, etc.

Read the following one:

===============================================
Steve,

We will likely be including only a single HDMI cable with the BDP-95.

The BDP-93 and the BDP-95 share the same mainboards, so there will likely be no difference in the quality of the caps.

The power supply is balanced and feeds into the mainboard and a separate powerboard for the analog outputs.

The audioboard is mounted horizontally above the mainboard like the BDP-83.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
2629B Terminal Blvd.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Service@oppodigital.com
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

-----Original Message-----
- Hide quoted text -
Sent: Tue 12/28/2010 1:41 PM
To: OPPO Service
Subject: Re: BDP-93/95 Suggestions

Thanks again, one more suggestion for BDP-95: is it possible to pack
with 2 HDMI cables instead of one?

From the pictures released from the Oppo site, it looks that that
video board of 93 and 95 are the same
(do they using different quality
parts? Like Solid Polymer Caps on the Video board?) 93's space for
audio board and power board is replaced by the linear power supply

(question: is the power supply "balanced", just like the XLR out, it
can remove the common mode noise on the power line?) Last, the audio
board is mounted on top of 95
(just like 83, but much wider)?

BR

Steve

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM, OPPO Service <service@oppodigital.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> The player will likely be released at full retail without a pre-release.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Customer Service
> OPPO Digital, Inc.
> 2629B Terminal Blvd.
> Mountain View, CA 94043
> Service@oppodigital.com
> Tel: 650-961-1118
> Fax: 650-961-1119
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From:
> Sent: Mon 12/27/2010 3:32 PM
> To: OPPO Service
> Subject: Re: BDP-93/95 Suggestions
>
> Dear Sir: Will BDP-95 offer beta pre-release ones before Feb, 2011?
>
> BR
>
> Steve
>
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM, OPPO Service <service@oppodigital.com>
> wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> Thank you for the test results. We will keep your results on file for when
>> we communicate with future customers.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Customer Service
>> OPPO Digital, Inc.
>> 2629B Terminal Blvd.
>> Mountain View, CA 94043
>> Service@oppodigital.com
>> Tel: 650-961-1118
>> Fax: 650-961-1119
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From:
>> Sent: Sun 12/26/2010 11:02 AM
>> To: OPPO Service
>> Subject: Re: BDP-93/95 Suggestions
>>
>> Dear Sir: Thanks a lot! There are lots of programs available, but I
>> want to report my testing experience:
>>
>> 1. Tuxera NTFS-3G: very very buggy! Better stay away from it.
>> 2. Tuxwra NTFS (commercial version): works perfectly both in 32-bit or
>> 64-bit mode. But A license is $32.
>> 3. http://ntfsmounter.com/ : a very very good tool! It only support
>> mount/read/write NTFS drives.
>>
>> As we all know, when we buy a new HD, most of them are pre-formated in
>> NTFS, so just use 3 (Mac OS-X 10.6 already support mounting NTFS, but
>> Apple disabled it! Tool 3 above is just a AppleScipt to enable it.
>> Hence, Tool 3 is risk-free to use.)
>>
>> BR
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 2:41 AM, OPPO Service <service@oppodigital.com>
>> wrote:
>>> 1. The BDP-95 is designed as an audiophiles player, which is the reason
>>> why
>>> we switched to a linear power supply.
>>>
>>> 2. Mac users can still use NTFS using third party software. HFS is not
>>> supported by the SDK for the decoder and it is unlikely that we can force
>>> the decoder manufacturer to support alternative filesystems such as HFS,
>>> ext2/3 or exFAT. FAT16 and FAT32 are also natively supported on Mac OSX.
>>>
>>> 3. AIFF and ALAC are being investigated, but we do not know if these will
>>> ever be supported on the player due to licensing and other restrictions.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Customer Service
>>> OPPO Digital, Inc.
>>> 2629B Terminal Blvd.
>>> Mountain View, CA 94043
>>> Service@oppodigital.com
>>> Tel: 650-961-1118
>>> Fax: 650-961-1119
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>
>>> Sent: Sat 12/25/2010 8:25 AM
>>> To: OPPO Service
>>> Subject: BDP-93/95 Suggestions
>>>
>>> Dear Sir: I own all products of OPPO: DV-980, 981, 983, BDP-83 (4 of
>>> them) and BDP-93... And I am going to address some concerns to the new
>>> player BDP-95:
>>>
>>> 1. it is great to see 95 uses Linear power supply instead of SMPS.
>>> 2. However, it seems that 95 only supports Microsoft file formats:
>>> NTFS, WAV, ... This will eliminate Mac owners to have a chance to get
>>> this player! Since in the digital world, more and more people wants to
>>> integrate their audio system with computers. To the high-end players,
>>> it should at least give users a chance to choose in between Mac or
>>> Microsoft file system.
>>> 3. Another concern is the lack of AIFF support: 93/95 both support
>>> FLAC, however, to a high-end user, FLAC is not even close to the audio
>>> quality of AIFF format.
>>>
>>>
>>> Since 83/93/95's limited interface, there is no place that they can
>>> integrate into my system other than 88.2KHz digital output or tap the
>>> digital signal directly by using S/PDIF transceivers.
>>>
>>> My plan is: AIFF (on OS-X file system) --> eSATA --> BDP-95 --> XLR
>>> --> audio system (however, I still need to mod 95 to have word clock
>>> input). This configuration will greatly simplify my system.
>>>
>>> Last, I understand that 95 is in its testing stage, and have no chance
>>> to add on new components, but at least, please implement OS-X AIFF
>>> support on Firmware level! Thanks
>>>
>>> BR
>>>
>>> --

Last edited by Sunnyboy; 12-30-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyboy View Post
So, I have lots of these communications with Oppo...
Yes, I bet they anxiously await your multiple emails every day because they have nothing better to do.

In order to release this in February, this player has already been designed and is probably already being manufactured. So any changes will be in software only.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #17

Apr 2008
Long Island, NY.

Quote:
Yes, I bet they anxiously await your multiple emails every day because they have nothing better to do.

In order to release this in February, this player has already been designed and is probably already being manufactured. So any changes will be in software only.
Hey, buddy, be nice, OK?! Do you want to do any custom support work at Christmas eve?! Am I bored? YES, I am on winter break, school will not start until late january!

Lots of changes can be implemented in firmware level. I was just want to check my guess on 95. If you think $1000 is too much. You do not have to buy it! But, I will definitely get one.

There are lots of Oppo fan here, and they can testify how good Oppo's customer supper is!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #18
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I am eagerly awaiting reports on the sound quality for this unit. Are there beta-testers using it right now?
Old 12-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #19

Apr 2008
Long Island, NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I am eagerly awaiting reports on the sound
quality for this unit. Are there beta-testers using it right now?
Hi Kent: please read my communication with OPPO! 95 will have no beta testers!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyboy View Post
Hi Kent: please read my communication with OPPO! 95 will have no beta testers!
What about alpha testors?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders