COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Hercules (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Little House on the Prairie: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99
To Love Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
From The New World: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$43.08
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Old 01-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
prplrain68 prplrain68 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2010
Default 3D Player Compatibility

I am fed up with my current Samsung C5900 Bluray player, although I am pleased with my pn58c8000 Plasma 3D tv. I am interested in taking advantage of the Panasonic DMP-BDT100 to get hopefully a better player and Avatar 3D to boot. I do have the tv with the glasses (Samsung), but will the panasonic player be compatible? I do know my PS3 plays 3D perfectly and would assume the answer would be yes?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:04 AM   #2
ay221 ay221 is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2006
Default

Yes. The player brand does not matter. The only thing that has to match up is the TV with the correct glasses for it. For me I got a player that has two hdmi outs since my audio receiver doesn't pass through hdmi 1.4.
JVC RS40 projector / 118 inch Carada screen
Panasonic BDT-500 3D blu-ray player
Darblet
Yamaha 1800 receiver
Infinity Primus 360 front towers
Infinity Beta C360 center speaker
4 Infinity 160 surround speakers
SVS PC 13 Ultra sub
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
prplrain68 prplrain68 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2010
Default

perfect! thank you! If i can't resolve the issue through samsung, I just might have to get this
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:28 AM   #4
folsom530 folsom530 is offline
New Member
 
Jan 2011
Default 3D player not compatible with own brand? 3d signal not working when going via HTIB..

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue: I have the theater in a box system by Sony (HTSS-370), along with the BDP-S570 3D blu-ray player. I have run an HDMI 1.4 cable OUT from the blu-ray player, IN to the HTSS-370 receiver. I also have a satellite box with a 1.4 HDMI cable OUT, going IN to the receiver as well. I then have a common OUT lead (1.4 HDMI cable) going from the receiver to a 50" Viera Panasonic plasma TV (3D of course).

The problem is, the TV gives an error message and says the blu-ray player has not detected that the TV is 3D capable. So it will not output 3D to the TV. My work around is to run the HDMI directly out from the Sony 3D blu-ray player, in to the Panasonic 3D TV. Boom, the signal works, no problem.

But, that kind of defeats the purpose of having HDMI into the Sony receiver...as I lose the hi-res sounds from the HDMI cable. The same thing happens from the satellite box as well - if I run the lead into the receiver, then out to the TV, it will not output 3D to the TV. If I run directly from sat box to TV, 3D works like a charm.

This is frustrating because this series of Sony receivers specifically is designed to pass HDMI in and out. I can't understand why running the signals into the receiver first, would cause a conflict with outputting 3D???

Also, there is an audio return channel (whatever that means) available on the receiver...it's a part of the main HDMI lead out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...it's very frustrating, and I feel it should have worked out of the box..........
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #5
ay221 ay221 is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by folsom530 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has had this issue: I have the theater in a box system by Sony (HTSS-370), along with the BDP-S570 3D blu-ray player. I have run an HDMI 1.4 cable OUT from the blu-ray player, IN to the HTSS-370 receiver. I also have a satellite box with a 1.4 HDMI cable OUT, going IN to the receiver as well. I then have a common OUT lead (1.4 HDMI cable) going from the receiver to a 50" Viera Panasonic plasma TV (3D of course).

The problem is, the TV gives an error message and says the blu-ray player has not detected that the TV is 3D capable. So it will not output 3D to the TV. My work around is to run the HDMI directly out from the Sony 3D blu-ray player, in to the Panasonic 3D TV. Boom, the signal works, no problem.

But, that kind of defeats the purpose of having HDMI into the Sony receiver...as I lose the hi-res sounds from the HDMI cable. The same thing happens from the satellite box as well - if I run the lead into the receiver, then out to the TV, it will not output 3D to the TV. If I run directly from sat box to TV, 3D works like a charm.

This is frustrating because this series of Sony receivers specifically is designed to pass HDMI in and out. I can't understand why running the signals into the receiver first, would cause a conflict with outputting 3D???

Also, there is an audio return channel (whatever that means) available on the receiver...it's a part of the main HDMI lead out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...it's very frustrating, and I feel it should have worked out of the box..........
Looks like that receiver doesn't handle hdmi 1.4. Your best option is to replace that receiver since you also need it for your satellite box.
JVC RS40 projector / 118 inch Carada screen
Panasonic BDT-500 3D blu-ray player
Darblet
Yamaha 1800 receiver
Infinity Primus 360 front towers
Infinity Beta C360 center speaker
4 Infinity 160 surround speakers
SVS PC 13 Ultra sub
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
neilljohnson neilljohnson is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2011
Default

The 3D technology is here. We are ready and want to get set up, allowing us to watch Blu Ray 3D and 3D TV broadcasts at home, a Blu-ray and my wife is a Blu-ray 3D. In particular, the Samsung BD C6900.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
rmartin_69 rmartin_69 is offline
Active Member
 
rmartin_69's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Austin, Austin MA?
90
Default

wait, what?
Always do what makes for a better story.

Samsung UN55C9000, Samsung UN55C7000WF, Samsung UN46C6300SF, Samsung BD-C6900XAA, Samsung HW-C560S, PS3
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
govi govi is offline
New Member
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ay221 View Post
Yes. The player brand does not matter. The only thing that has to match up is the TV with the correct glasses for it. For me I got a player that has two hdmi outs since my audio receiver doesn't pass through hdmi 1.4.
It appears from your message that Panasonic BDT-300 3D blu-ray player has two HDMI out and one can be sent to 3DTV directly and another to receiver. Am I correct? Pls advise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #9
AOD AOD is offline
Member
 
AOD's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
....on location
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by govi View Post
It appears from your message that Panasonic BDT-300 3D blu-ray player has two HDMI out and one can be sent to 3DTV directly and another to receiver. Am I correct? Pls advise.
Yes. Both the DMP-BDT-300 and DMP-BDT350 have dual HDMI outs. One is 1.4 for the 3D and the other (sub) is 1.3 for older receivers that don't pass 3D signal. You have the option in the setup menu's of the player to turn off the video completely from the sub HDMI out to send just audio. Both players produce phenomenal video and audio (IMHO). You don't have to use both, but they have them. The upcoming successor to the 300/350, the DMP-BDT310, also has the dual HDMI outs and has the same ability to pass just the audio, among a ton of other goodies (new VIERA connnect interface, Skype, 2D->3D conversion, built in Wi-Fi etc...). As a side note, the 300/350/310 all have the ability to pass checkerboard 3D utilized by some DLP tv's. A big bonus for them. If you need dual HDMI's , any of the three would fit the bill and then some. I can't wait for the 310 to be released this month (May).
LG 55LW5600 / LG 47CS570 / Sony 46NX720 / Toshiba HD-XA2/A35/A2/360 Add-on / LG BD670 3D / Panny DMP-BDT310 & 210 3D / PS3 Slim / Motorola HD DVR / Onkyo TX-SR805 / Klipsch Reference and Def Tech Pro 1000's

My DVD Profiler

R.I.P. HD DVD 2006-2008.

Last edited by AOD; 04-30-2011 at 04:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
steelerik steelerik is offline
Senior Member
 
steelerik's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
41
Default

I had the same problem with non 1.4 output on my amp, and there was no way I was gonna upgrade the amp again! Sooooo, I found the Panny 310 and it works a treat! A fantastic player it is too ... the boot up is super fast too. Highly recommended piece of kit.
LG 42LW550T, Panny DMP-BDT310, Onkyo TX-SR507, Energy Take Connoisseur Classic
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.