Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 09-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #441
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #442
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Nintendo will bolster the 3DS' capabilities in November by adding 3D video recording.

Currently the system can only take static pictures in 3D.

The feature will be added in a forthcoming firmware upgrade which will also include refinements to the Mii Plaza and eShop.

Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata announced the update at the company's pre-TGS gathering last night.

Iwata hinted that Plaza upgrades would include new SpotPass activities for those who'd already completed the existing Puzzle Swap and StreetPass Quest minigames.
EG

Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #443
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Separated at Birth? The 3DS’ New Gimmick and James Bond’s Weird Face

Quote:
Some people think that the 3DS' new second-circle-pad add-on is ugly. They mock it. They deride it. But maybe the 3DS "slide pad" is a beautiful homage to one of history's greatest video game box-art optical illusions.

You see a slide pad.

I see Pierce Brosnan's extended jowl on the cover of Nintendo 64 classic GoldenEye.

See? See how the cheek sticks out on Bond's face? It's really his fist, but you get the idea. Now look at that slide pad again. Same thing. Sorta.

Bravo, Nintendo. Excellent homage. Can we now officially call this add-on the 3DS Jowl?

(Yes, yes, we're having much fun with Nintendo and their slide pad today, but once I thought of this resemblance, I couldn't unthink it. Had to share.)
God damn Kotaku! I had never noticed that before now I cant look at that game art and not laugh!

Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #444
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

New Super Mario 3D Land Box Art And TGS Trailer

Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #445
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default http://kotaku.com/5839649/do-you-own-a-3ds-nintendo-is-screwing-you-over

This is an editorial about the 3DS, but I belive it's worth posting here just to point out all the mistakes Nintendo ave made and just how well Sony are handling the PSV launch so far...

Quote:
Congratulations, 3DS Owners. You Just Helped Nintendo Beta Test a Product.

Nintendo is no stranger to hardware iterations. Its last portable, the Nintendo DS, saw several major revisions. The 3DS is a different story. It just came out a few months ago but is already seeing half-hearted hardware upgrades. (A snap-on second slide pad? Ugh.) And 3DS owners should be pissed.

The 3DS has been a cold, greasy buffet of Nintendo mistakes. Even for Nintendo, from whom we can expect multiple hardware iterations, everything was so sloppy, so unpolished, so expensive, and ultimately, so un-Nintendo.

What current 3DS owners should be ticked about is that Nintendo is releasing a second circular slide pad.It's a tack-on peripheral, and it's not free. Nintendo is releasing the AA battery-powered peripheral for ¥1,500 (US$19) this December in Japan. That's right, battery-powered, so the hidden costs don't stop at ¥1,500.

A handful of big 3DS titles—titles I want to play on my 3DS—support the second control scheme. I imagine the game will support stand alone single circle pads controls, too.

If given the choice between have two slide pads or having one, I'd chose two. I think most people would. Nintendo isn't adding a second slide pad because it's a bad idea, but because it's a good one.

If big games support the "3DS Kakuchou Slide Pad" or "3DS Expansion Slide Pad" , then that means more and more games will support it. Ultimately, I might be pressured into buying one, meaning that I will have to spend more money than the original ¥25,000. And then I must feed it batteries to keep it running.

There will inevitably be a new hardware iteration, because as former Halo developer Ryan Payton said on Twitter, no way is Nintendo going to have a celebrity spokesperson hold up that ugly 3DS Expansion Slide Pad.

The new 3DS will be remarkably different, far different than the thinner and brighter DS Lite. With dual thumb pads, the way players control games will change. It's essentially a different product and not simply a new feature. It changes gameplay to its core.

When I bought the 3DS back in February, customers didn't have a choice between one thumb pad or two. There was only one. While developing the 3DS—a handheld that Nintendo said would not be subjected to a new iteration anytime soon—Nintendo had that choice, but went with a single pad.

That choice was a mistake. If you bought a 3DS early, you helped Nintendo discover that. You paid Nintendo to beta test a product for them. And soon, you'll be footing another bill.

Nintendo doesn't just owe gamers twenty free digital games. It owes them a free second circle pad.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #446
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Fire Emblem 3DS

Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #447
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

List of games at the Nintendo conference, with the Japanese release dates.

Nintendo Titles
  • Super Mario 3D Land Nov. 3
  • Mario Kart 7 Dec. 1
  • Mario Tennis 2012
  • Paper Mario 2012
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 2012
  • Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics* Spring 2012
  • Animal Crossing 2012
  • Tomodatch Collection TBA
  • Gal's Mode 2012
  • Calciobit 2012
  • Culdcept 2012
  • Shinrei Camera TBA
  • Tsuiteru Techou TBA
  • Fire Emblem Spring 2012
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising Jan. to March 2012

*Sega is developing the title. Nintendo is publishing it in Japan.

Third Party
  • Dynasty Warriors VS 2012
  • Bravery Default 2012
  • SD Gundam G Generation 3D Dec. 22
  • Hatsune Miku Project Mirai March 2012
  • Resident Evil: Revelations Early 2012
  • Ace Combat 3D: Cross Rumble This Winter
  • Tekken 3D: Prime Edition This Winter
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy This Winter
  • Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3: The Great Pirate Ship and the Tails Brigade Nov. 2
  • Girl's RPG: Cindere Life 2011
  • New Love Plus Dec. 8
  • Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater This Winter
  • Monster Hunter 3G December 10
  • Monster Hunter 4 TBA

Old 09-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #448
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

What with all the great games coming out right around now for 3DS and the sudden need for an add on circle pad, I really do belive Nintendo got spooked and rushed the 3DS to market...

Imagine, if you will, they released the 3DS around about now. There would be at least two pretty big 1st party titles day one (Zelda, Starfox) the eShop wouldnt be delayed, there wouldnt be a huge empty gap of good games being released what with all the games we already have AND the big hitters coming in a month or two.

And maybe we would have had 2 circle pads from the get go. Because lets face it. Ther is a 90% chance that thing will be intergrated into the next version, and that makes it a whole new console! Not just a re design. A whole new console! It's madness.

They could have had a hugely succsesful launch if they had just held off a few more months. But in jumping the gun they have shot themselves in the foot, and god help them if/when they do anounce a re design with the 2nd circle pad included. There will be hell to pay.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:46 AM   #449
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Okay, it's ugly. We know that, but how does it feel in the hand? Today at the Tokyo Game Show, I checked out the brand new second slide pad for the Nintendo 3DS.

It's large and bulky looking, but how does it feel?

The "3DS Kakuchou Slide Pad" or "3DS Expansion Slide Pad" is powered by a AA battery. It is surprisingly light in the hand. I thought it would be heavier, but it's not.

The add-on does feel reasonably solid. It's not a drag to hold. The backside, with numerous exposed holes for screws looks cheap.

Since I've been blogging all morning in a humid convention center, my hands are on the sweaty side. Before I even touched it, I felt compelled to wipe my hands on the jean—as a courtesy. It's unfinished, so it could have been a bigger fingerprint monster, but make no mistake, this will pick up prints.

With all the nice materials third party peripheral makers use, a rubberized finished would have been preferable.

Using the second slide pad was easier and less awkward than I thought. It is not graceful, but seems serviceable. The response on the pad was the same as the original 3DS slide pad. If you like that, you'll like this. If you hate it, you'll hate this.

Looking at the screen, I did have the feeling that I was peering around a corner, because your hands are not perfectly positioned behind the screen.

As previously posted, there are three buttons. They are, R, ZR, and ZL. ZR and ZL ar the two trigger buttons. The 3DS Expansion Slide Pad has pistol type grips that were confortable to hold, and the ZL and ZR buttons work well. They are not clicky, and might be a bit too squishy for some, but I found them responsive.

Where things go wrong is the R button. I felt as though I had to reach up, going from the ZR button. The left side was worse, because it doesn't have an add on button. Rather, it uses the 3DS's left shoulder button. So I had to reach up and back.

All of these weakness should be sorted in the inevitable hardware revision.

Until then, the 3DS Expansion Slide Pad will be out on Dec. 10 for ¥1,500 (US$19).

Old 09-15-2011, 04:50 AM   #450
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Anyone else get the feeling Nintendo will end up making the next version of the 3DS to be prety much a smaller version of the wii u controler? By the look of the pistol grip on the add on I think the just might...

Last edited by Mavrick; 09-15-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #451
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Some more pics of the add on.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #452
Special Member

Apr 2011

3DS since the very beginning flopped to impress me, not even the 3D made me curious.

I guess I can't expect too much from Nintendo nowadays, good 'ol NES & SNES you'll always be better than Wii!

The second analogue stick attachment just makes the 3DS look crappier, what the hell is Nintendo thinking?!

Nintendo needs to release a 3DS Lite with the 2nd analogue incorporated, and release actual quality games, since the launch weren't even something to droll over about. And also because PS Vita's coming with a top notch solid hardware and software launch.

3DS came out just this year, in March, but they could've already released a ton of quality games and useful features for the system.

Looks like Sony's doing it right with PS Vita and Nintendo wrong with 3DS.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #453
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
3DS since the very beginning flopped to impress me, not even the 3D made me curious.

I guess I can't expect too much from Nintendo nowadays, good 'ol NES & SNES you'll always be better than Wii!

The second analogue stick attachment just makes the 3DS look crappier, what the hell is Nintendo thinking?!

Nintendo needs to release a 3DS Lite with the 2nd analogue incorporated, and release actual quality games, since the launch weren't even something to droll over about. And also because PS Vita's coming with a top notch solid hardware and software launch.

3DS came out just this year, in March, but they could've already released a ton of quality games and useful features for the system.

Looks like Sony's doing it right with PS Vita and Nintendo wrong with 3DS.
The trouble Nintendo will have with the next 3DS and the 2nd thumbslider, is that it won't be just an improved design like a DS lite it will be a whole new handheld.

And from recent reports Nintendo only made the thumbstick due to preasure from Capcom and they knew they needed to get a huge franchise like Monster Hunter on board, so they had to give in to the request.

Granted the 3DS should have had 2 sliders from day one. But it not only adds a slider, but also 2 new triggers, ZR and ZL.

So any new iteration of the 3DS will have to be bigger than the current model and weigh more to include the three new inputs. And that changes the entire dynamic of the handheld rendering the 3DS obsolete and that will be suicide for Nintendo.

It's gunna be hard enough convincing people to spend more money on the add on let alone releasing a new handheld so soon. It's a bit different to simply releasing a smaller model/different looking model likew with DS lite/DSi/DSi XL. They were the same console rehgardles of shape or size.

Releasing a console with 3 new buttons is an entirely new console all together and Nintendo will have a shock should they do that. They have been sucked in to their own hype after the success of Wii and DS and think they are invincable. Hence why we have the trouble with 3DS and the Wii U which is pretty much obsolete* a year before it's even due out!

*Hardware wise it is = to if not slightly better than this gen (still haven't been shown real ingame footage) of PS3 xbox. And the PSV has already showed that it can do exactly what the Wii Umote can do. Killzone 3 being played on PSvita vie remote play for example!

I forsee rough tides ahead for Nintendo. They have been in the business from day one and pretty much made the industry mainstream single handedly, but if they don't sort their shit out they will end up the way of SEGA.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #454
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Yeah the PSV battery life is the same if not a little less than the 3DS. I was shocked that Sony are releasing an official add on bettery pack! I mean who the hell is gunna cary a battery pack with them? And if you are gunna be playing at home then you don't even need it as you just use the ac adapter I really don't get sony's move there.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #455
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

As you can see, it doesn't look very conveniant for use on he go

Quote:
Today Sony revealed a new accessory for PSVita – external battery, which features a capacity of… 5000mAh.

And that’s more than twice as much as Vita’s internal battery has (2200mAh). So logically if PSV’s battery lasts 3-5 hours, it means the accessory can give you an additional 6-10 hours and in total you will be able to play non-stop for an incredible 9-15 hours(!).

This external battery weights 145g, its dimensions are 70x67x22mm and it will be released in Spring 2012. Price is “undecided” yet, but I wouldn’t be very optimistic at this point. It won’t be cheap.
http://iamportable.com/psvita-extern...time-in-total/

Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #456
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Denmark
Send a message via MSN to madridista8700

Just got the Metallic Red 3DS.

Take a look

What the hell is a dim mak?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #457
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridista8700 View Post
Just got the Metallic Red 3DS.

Take a look

Metallic Red Nintendo 3DS Unboxing by FallextacyTV - YouTube
Very nice!

I think If I had the choice day one I would actually go for this one after seeing that

Also in Nintendo news:

Nintendo announces another mysterious 3DS press conference
New 3DS news that was previously "impossible" to share arriving this Friday

Quote:
Nintendo has revealed that it's to hold another 3DS conference midday this Friday.

President Satoru Iwata will take to the stage at the 'Nintendo 3DS New Information: Internet Presentation' in Japan to provide "new Nintendo 3DS news" that was "impossible" to share at its pre-TGS press conference last month.

The conference will be streamed on Japanese site NicoNico Douga and also Ustream, Kotaku reports.

Nintendo provided a little insight into what we can expect to hear at the conference, saying it will be include details about the upcoming November 3DS update.

Many have speculated that Nintendo will reveal a new 3DS that features the controversial Circle Pad built into the hardware.
I'm hoping they announce the GBA games for the ambasador programe and hopefully they have some new games to reveal, I'm still waiting for a new Pokémon RPG

The one thing I do not want is them o announce a new SKU I would hate them to bring out a redesigned 3DS so early. If they do I want a programe set up for a highly reduced price if you send them back your current 3DS.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #458
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Well, as I was talking about a new Pokémon RPG, turns out the domain name 'Pokemongrey.com' has been registered by Melbourne IT Digital Brand Services - the same firm that set up Nintendo's Pokemonblackwhite.com website.

Maybe we will get the long awaited 3rd instalment of the Black&White saga

Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #459
Special Member

Dec 2010

Why is the 3DS only available through sellers on amazon??
Old 11-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #460
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
USA

Limited Edition Zelda 3DS

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1211916p1.html

Quote:
Nintendo has revealed that a 25th anniversary limited edition black and gold 3DS will arrive in Europe in time for Christmas.

If you've been tempted to buy a 3DS but have been holding out for a more interesting colour scheme than "Cosmos Black" or "Aqua Blue", Nintendo may have just the thing for you come November 25th.

Marked with the Hyrule emblem and gold embellishments, the limited edition unit will come bundled with what is currently one of the best reasons to own Nintendo's handheld, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which earned a massive 9.5 from IGN on its release.

At the time of writing there's no word on price, nor whether the bundle will be available anywhere other than Europe but there is a handful of images from Gematsu to salivate over. Nintendo doesn't make it easy for early adopters of its hardware, does it?
Sorry, I dont have the pictures of the 3DS. But if you go to the IGN link that I have posted. You can see it.
St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Rams fan.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Tags
3ds, nintendo