Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
13 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
RedSnoddyBLU RedSnoddyBLU is offline
Member
 
Jul 2007
669
1
1
Default Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

http://indianajones.com/site/index.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:08 AM   #2
richard lichtenfelt richard lichtenfelt is offline
Power Member
 
richard lichtenfelt's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
I'm not drunk, I'm just tired cause I been up all night drinking.
3
Default

Excellent catch Bro. Thanks for the heads up.
Put the blu-ray in the f@*{'n basket. I'll hurt your poodle mister.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #3
blackhawktraffic blackhawktraffic is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
blackhawktraffic's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Riverside, CA
423
2
4
83
Default

Lame. But cant wait for the movie.
"Hope will never be silent"-Harvey Milk
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
Blu-dock Saint Blu-dock Saint is offline
Special Member
 
Blu-dock Saint's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Michigan
47
1
49
Default

Good find, theres been other threads but no one was sure if this was going to be the actual title.
When I was young, it seemed that life was wonderful, a miracle, oh it was so beautiful, magical. - The Logical Song
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:22 AM   #5
Lord_Stewie Lord_Stewie is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lord_Stewie's Avatar
 
May 2007
396
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Stewie
Default

hey guys,

i am sorry to burst your bubbles. but don't get hyped up about this film on BD.

Unless:
1) HDDVD already lost the format war.
2) stephen spielberg's decides to have this film directly released on HD.

Because:
1) Paramount is exclusive for 18 months to HDDVD
2) Speilberg decided to have his films either released on both formats (which can't be done because of Paramount Exculsivity deal.) or only on DVD untill a format wins.


And the reason, is because i hate to see you guys disappointed that if the Film isn't on BD. however, i am looking forward to the film, and hope by that time HDDVD lost the war, so i can get my Indiana Jones on BD.
Victory Is Mine

Don't even think about it
Obey the Topus!
PSN ID: Shadblz
OBEY ME OR I WILL PUT YOU ON DIAPER DETAIL
THE CLINTS CHARTER MEMBER 01/06/10
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:27 AM   #6
blitz6speed blitz6speed is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2006
Anaheim Hills, CA
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadblz View Post
hey guys,

i am sorry to burst your bubbles. but don't get hyped up about this film on BD.

Unless:
1) HDDVD already lost the format war.
2) stephen spielberg's decides to have this film directly released on HD.

Because:
1) Paramount is exclusive for 18 months to HDDVD
2) Speilberg decided to have his films either released on both formats (which can't be done because of Paramount Exculsivity deal.) or only on DVD untill a format wins.


And the reason, is because i hate to see you guys disappointed that if the Film isn't on BD. however, i am looking forward to the film, and hope by that time HDDVD lost the war, so i can get my Indiana Jones on BD.
Part of the paramount deal was, any spielberg movie = dual format. That holds true regardless of any of his movies. So this WILL come to BD.
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 720 Projector
106" Elite screen
PS3/360/HTPC/Wii
PSN/Gamertag: blitz6speed
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
Lord_Stewie Lord_Stewie is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lord_Stewie's Avatar
 
May 2007
396
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Stewie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz6speed View Post
Part of the paramount deal was, any spielberg movie = dual format. That holds true regardless of any of his movies. So this WILL come to BD.
i am hoping you are right. but don't get too hyped up, the more you are, the higher the disappointment is. Thats all i am saying.
Victory Is Mine

Don't even think about it
Obey the Topus!
PSN ID: Shadblz
OBEY ME OR I WILL PUT YOU ON DIAPER DETAIL
THE CLINTS CHARTER MEMBER 01/06/10
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 AM   #8
techyted techyted is offline
Member
 
techyted's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
California
120
1
Default

Can't wait for that, and not to mention by Christmas 2008 when all 4 movies are on Blu-ray.... If not sooner...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 AM   #9
RedSnoddyBLU RedSnoddyBLU is offline
Member
 
Jul 2007
669
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadblz View Post
hey guys,

i am sorry to burst your bubbles. but don't get hyped up about this film on BD.

Unless:
1) HDDVD already lost the format war.
2) stephen spielberg's decides to have this film directly released on HD.

Because:
1) Paramount is exclusive for 18 months to HDDVD
2) Speilberg decided to have his films either released on both formats (which can't be done because of Paramount Exculsivity deal.) or only on DVD untill a format wins.
And the reason, is because i hate to see you guys disappointed that if the Film isn't on BD. however, i am looking forward to the film, and hope by that time HDDVD lost the war, so i can get my Indiana Jones on BD.
I only posted because I'm excited to see the film. I'll start thinking about the home video release after it comes to theaters next May. Until then, there is no point in anyone getting themselves worked up about it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #10
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
16
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadblz View Post
i am hoping you are right. but don't get too hyped up, the more you are, the higher the disappointment is. Thats all i am saying.
You don't have to hope you simply have to read more.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:44 AM   #11
Semp1 Semp1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2007
Default

The deal is that all dreamworks films directed by Spielberg were to be dual released because he has sole control of the releases of his movies from E.T. to present day, that is why Paramounts exclusivity deal does not applly to his films, matter of fact if he wanted to he could actually choose to release all his films exclusively on BD but that will not happen but all his films will be released on BD this is a fact do your research before making statements...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #12
Lord_Stewie Lord_Stewie is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lord_Stewie's Avatar
 
May 2007
396
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Stewie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post
The deal is that all dreamworks films directed by Spielberg were to be dual released because he has sole control of the releases of his movies from E.T. to present day, that is why Paramounts exclusivity deal does not applly to his films, matter of fact if he wanted to he could actually choose to release all his films exclusively on BD but that will not happen but all his films will be released on BD this is a fact do your research before making statements...
Read the post before making such a statement "Do your research before making a statement..." All i am saying is, I hate to see you guys in shock if its not released on BD.
Victory Is Mine

Don't even think about it
Obey the Topus!
PSN ID: Shadblz
OBEY ME OR I WILL PUT YOU ON DIAPER DETAIL
THE CLINTS CHARTER MEMBER 01/06/10
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #13
Blu-dock Saint Blu-dock Saint is offline
Special Member
 
Blu-dock Saint's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Michigan
47
1
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadblz View Post
Read the post before making such a statement "Do your research before making a statement..." All i am saying is, I hate to see you guys in shock if its not released on BD.
The reason we think it will is because Spielbergs film Close Encounters is only being released on Blu, but yea, only time will tell. Granted I know it wasnt made by paramount but still....its his release god this whole thing is so damn confusing.
When I was young, it seemed that life was wonderful, a miracle, oh it was so beautiful, magical. - The Logical Song
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #14
Lord_Stewie Lord_Stewie is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lord_Stewie's Avatar
 
May 2007
396
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Stewie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-dock Saint View Post
The reason we think it will is because Spielbergs film Close Encounters is only being released on Blu, but yea, only time will tell. Granted I know it wasnt made by paramount but still....its his release god this whole thing is so damn confusing.
I already know Steven prefers BD over HDDVD. hopefully he will make an announcement that his films will be on BD exclusively. and I think if this is done, it will help end this format war sooner than later...
Victory Is Mine

Don't even think about it
Obey the Topus!
PSN ID: Shadblz
OBEY ME OR I WILL PUT YOU ON DIAPER DETAIL
THE CLINTS CHARTER MEMBER 01/06/10
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 AM   #15
Blu-dock Saint Blu-dock Saint is offline
Special Member
 
Blu-dock Saint's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Michigan
47
1
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadblz View Post
I already know Steven prefers BD over HDDVD. hopefully he will make an announcement that his films will be on BD exclusively. and I think if this is done, it will help end this format war sooner than later...
Highly agree that it would end it sooner, I think him on top of what Scott did saying he wanted his Kingdom of Heaven on BD only, well after all these add up what does hd dvd have left to offer, they lost two of the biggest names in the movie business so far.

(edit) And by Ridley only wanting it on BD I mean in other countries where it could be distributed on hd dud. Although this will be interesting to see how it plays out when American Gangster comes out, its a Universal release, but its made by Scott.
When I was young, it seemed that life was wonderful, a miracle, oh it was so beautiful, magical. - The Logical Song

Last edited by Blu-dock Saint; 09-10-2007 at 07:26 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #16
Lord_Stewie Lord_Stewie is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Lord_Stewie's Avatar
 
May 2007
396
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Stewie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-dock Saint View Post
Highly agree that it would end it sooner, I think him on top of what Scott did saying he wanted his Kingdom of Heaven on BD only, well after all these add up what does hd dvd have left to offer, they lost two of the biggest names in the movie business so far.
well said, and to the point. Honestly, for HDDVD's case losing big named filmmakers, like speilberg, and ridley I don't see why they continue to exist.
Victory Is Mine

Don't even think about it
Obey the Topus!
PSN ID: Shadblz
OBEY ME OR I WILL PUT YOU ON DIAPER DETAIL
THE CLINTS CHARTER MEMBER 01/06/10
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
BStecke BStecke is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BStecke's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
333
1
4
Default

Old thread, but whatever. Anyway, they played the trailer for this with Iron Man last night. Cool trailer, but what got me kind of excited was that it was the first trailer I've seen that didn't look sterile. It seemed to have some grit to the picture, and looked like it matched the other three in terms of the look of the film. I was glad to see it, because the previous trailers all seemed to jump out and say "Hey, this movie was made 20 years after the other ones."

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Steelbook (FutureShop Exclusive) Blu-ray SteelBooks jw 105 04-26-2014 09:01 AM
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - Review Thread Movies WriteSimply 446 06-06-2010 09:10 PM
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: trailer 2! Movies Gamma_Winstead 24 05-11-2008 05:04 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 AM.