Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Girl Hunters (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$32.18
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 AM   #1

Nov 2010
Default Cats Don't Dance

I, personally, am a huge fan of this classic animated film. Is there any idea of when it may come to blu-ray, if ever?

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
~ Walt Disney
Old 02-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Special Member

Feb 2010
Chicago

Well Warner has finally started releasing catalog animated films, but not theatrical ones yet. When they do though I hope we'll see this, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, The Powerpuff Girls Movie, and of course, The Iron Giant.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Special Member

Jun 2012

Bumping this thread because I really loved this movie and would love to see it on Blu-ray as a deluxe edition (it turns/turned 15 this year you know).
Old 07-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #4

Nov 2011
USA

Hopefully it's not going to be too much longer before we see a blu-ray of this. Seeing as how it would be in HD, they could call it the "Big and Loud" edition
Old 08-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Kentucky

I bought this movie on VHS a long time ago and was one of the great animated films that I use to love to watch. This would be a great addition to my collection if it ever came out on blu-ray.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Expert Member

May 2009

I've made two expensive expenses for this movie: The soundtrack ($54) and importing the widescreen DVD ($28). All is jolly good especially with the soundtrack, finally owning it physically while it sits digitally on my iTunes - lossless of course. Can't tell you the number of times I've listened to it.

While I loved the widescreen DVD, it was encoded for PAL territories, meaning the entire movie played 4% faster then intended (since movies are 24fps, they'd bump it up to 25 to fit PAL standards).

I just couldn't help but noticed that the pitch of the entire movie - everyone's voices were a teensie pinch higher than usual, worse for the soundtrack, being a note or two higher.

I could careless if they release either a straight-from-digital source master for the blu-ray or from the film stock. As long as it has lossless audio, widescreen (it'd have to be) and pitch corrected. And port the DVD special features of course. I'm not expecting them to treat this re-release like Diamond Edition, just that they release it!

This goes to Balto, American Tail films, Land Before Time as well though they're not warner lol
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 09-23-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists