Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (PS3)
$34.16
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
$14.42
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$59.85
Just Dance 4 (PS3)
$18.99
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Diablo III (PS3)
$35.21
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)
$24.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$25.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
AZ
Default PS3 officially sold 70million consoles Worldwide

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/121116_e.html

Quote:
Tokyo, November 16, 2012
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the cumulative sales of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 70 million units*1 worldwide as of November 4, 2012 – less than six years after the platform launched in 2006. SCE also announced that sales of the PlayStation®Move motion controller surpassed 15 million units*1 worldwide as of November 11, demonstrating continued growth and momentum of the PS3® platform.

The PS3® system has delivered high quality, award-winning entertainment experiences since its launch. Throughout its lifecycle, the PS3® system has continued to evolve with more streamlined design, larger Hard Disk Drive (HDD) capacity, and new features through software updates. In September 2012, SCE launched the new PS3® system, which has a reduced volume and weight of more than 50 percent compared to the original PS3® model, and of 25 percent and 20 percent respectively compared to the slim PS3® model launched in 2009. The new PS3® has been well received by consumers around the world.
Along with the introduction of PS3® in November 2006, SCE launched PlayStation®Network, which now operates in 59 countries and regions*2 around the world. PlayStation®Network supports free community-centric online gameplay, exclusive games from independent developers and major publishers, and a broad range of entertainment applications across movies, music, and sports. PS3® owners can access 170,000 downloadable digital content including 57,000 game content worldwide from PlayStation®Network*3. In October 2012, SCE redesigned PlayStation®Store for PS3®, offering a more streamlined and accessible store experience, including a stunning new user interface, simple search, and powerful content discovery. The new store is now available in Europe and North and Latin America with more countries and regions to follow.

PlayStation®Plus, the subscription service package on PlayStation®Store that offers exclusive benefits such as discounts on games or online storage for game saves, started to offer an “Instant Game Collection” in North America and Europe in July 2012. The Instant Game Collection enables PS Plus members to enjoy popular titles from third party developers and publishers as well as SCE Worldwide Studios at no extra cost. SCE has also enhanced the content offering for PS Plus members in Japan in November.
Introduced in September 2010, the PlayStation®Move motion controller that enables users to intuitively play games is now supported by a wide range of titles with more than 400 as of November 2012, including Sports Champions, Everybody's Golf 5, and Sorcery (Sony Computer Entertainment).

Additionally, this month marks the global launch of Wonderbook™, a new peripheral that delivers the next evolution of storytelling and a unique experience exclusively on PS3®. Wonderbook*4 uses the PlayStation®Eye camera to take augmented reality to spectacular new places, while drawing players into new worlds and allowing them to interact with stories as they tilt or rotate it, or simply turn the pages*5.
PS3® has gained tremendous support from 3rd party developers and publishers worldwide. Cumulative number of software titles for PS3® reached 3,590 with more than 595 million units sold worldwide*6. More exciting and attractive new titles are to be released from third party developers and publishers as well as SCE Worldwide Studios, including RYU-GA-GOTOKU 5 (SEGA Corporation), Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (TECMO KOEI GAMES CO.,LTD.) towards the holiday season. In addition, software titles that support “cross platform feature” such as Everybody's Golf 6, LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross Controller Pack(Sony Computer Entertainment) are also expected to be released. With these titles, SCE will deliver a ground-breaking gaming experience by leveraging the capabilities of both PS3® and PlayStation®Vita.

SCE will continue to further expand the PS3® platform and create a world of computer entertainment that is only possible on PlayStation®.
*1 Sell-in number
*2 As of September 30, 2012.
*3 As of November 14, 2012.
*4 Title which only needs PS Eye and Wonderbook to enjoy will become available.
*5 Wonderbook launced on November 13 in North America and on November 14 in Europe/PAL territories.
*6 As of September 30, 2012.
P.S: MS has announced the same number for the Xbox 360 just about a month ago, which means that the PS3 has literally caught up at this point. We are talking worldwide, the Xbox 360 is still far ahead in the US.

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)

Last edited by Elandyll; 11-16-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Nice! Keep pumping out amazing hardware and software Sony
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #3

Oct 2012
Michigan

3 of those are in my house amazing system
Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Does the *1 mean its the #1 console sold world wide?
Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONSFAN20 View Post
Does the *1 mean its the #1 console sold world wide?
It is #1 to me regardless of worldwide sales numbers I've got (or at least bought) 3 x PS3, 2 x 360, 2 x Xbox, 2 x PS2, 2 x Gamecube
PS3 500GB + 320GB + 250GB & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Star Trek Into Darkness / Latest PS3 Game - Saints Row 4

Last edited by AikonEnt; 11-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
It is to me regardless of sales numbers
Me too
Old 11-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
P.S: MS has announced the same number for the Xbox 360 just about a month ago, which means that the PS3 has literally caught up at this point. We are talking worldwide, the Xbox 360 is still far ahead in the US.
And it came out a year later at a much higher price.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
Special Member

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
It is #1 to me regardless of worldwide sales numbers I've got (or at least bought) 3 x PS3, 2 x 360, 2 x Xbox, 2 x PS2, 2 x Gamecube
You bought 2 Gamecubes? Gluton for punishment??
Can you survive.....The Night of The Sharksquatch?!?!?

Like the Sharksquatch on facebook...
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #9
Special Member

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDark View Post
I would have to agree
PSN: GodsFavorite
Old 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

The number would probably be lower if half the fatboys didn't die of heat exhaustion.

I miss my backwards fatboy
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Don't want to be a downer but no matter how Sony tries to spin it, considering the amount of commanding market share Sony had with PS2, this generation has been nothing short of a disappointment. They allowed MS to steal away a L A R G E portion of potential consumers due to price and timing of launch. Not to mention Sony's gross underestimation of the importance of the online experience. Sure they've made huge strides in catching up but in the beginning Live was superior and in some ways, still is.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by Steelmaker; 11-16-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

I'll take Sony's online over Live any day. I've had both and to think Sony's is free

Sure they've lost market share to the MS and Nintendo. Things change, at one time Nintendo ruled the markeshare and they do again.

I for one am glad Sony put out the best system instead of rushing it to the market. I don't agree with everything they do but IMO they did a great job with the PS3 for the most part. Most of all I can't argue with them having the best software lineup, which for me is the most important part.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Southampton, England
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Congrats to Sony. I'll stick with them till the very end of time Sales figures and coming "first" mean nothing to me. I just want great games and consoles, and IMO, Sony delivers just that.
PS4 PSN ID: Evangelion_60

"Nothing can stop the Apocalypse!"
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Congrats to Sony. I'll stick with them till the very end of time Sales figures and coming "first" mean nothing to me. I just want great games and consoles, and IMO, Sony delivers just that.
Well if they die out it would be a shame, so they do need to sell units and make money to continue. Imagine if the PS3 was the last system by them and that was left was the Wii U? I'd want to see a new powerhouse Sony system.

Not meant to know the Wii U, I hope it does well and has great games. I do wish they upped the specs more instead of a tablet...or both
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Southampton, England
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Well if they die out it would be a shame, so they do need to sell units and make money to continue. Imagine if the PS3 was the last system by them and that was left was the Wii U? I'd want to see a new powerhouse Sony system.

Not meant to know the Wii U, I hope it does well and has great games. I do wish they upped the specs more instead of a tablet...or both
I probably phrased it badly I mean, of course I'd want them to do well enough to keep going, so... I think I should stop
PS4 PSN ID: Evangelion_60

"Nothing can stop the Apocalypse!"
Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
Expert Member

Jul 2006
West Hartford, CT

awesome its an amazing system!
PS3 IS THE ULTIMATE HD MACHINE
PSN I.D - Nas2344
RX-V473 5.1 CH AV RECEIVER
Samsung UN46D6400
Energy Take 5.1 classic sorround
Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #17

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The number would probably be lower if half the fatboys didn't die of heat exhaustion.

I miss my backwards fatboy
Yeah, that goes for their 'main' competition too. :P

Still, considering how bad of a rap the PS3 got in it's early life those numbers are pretty strong.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

What's the competitions consoles sold figures?
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 11-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcobar411 View Post
I would have to agree
There were some decent games on the Gamecube, I specifically bought a Wii because I knew I could play Gamecube games on it (both the GCs died ). Never have played them on it though so that was a waste of money
PS3 500GB + 320GB + 250GB & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Star Trek Into Darkness / Latest PS3 Game - Saints Row 4
Old 11-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
Special Member

Apr 2008
San Antonio

As a PS3 fan, this news means absolutely nothing to me. Why? Its all about PSN. They need to start competing with Live, and offer a quality online experience

Many will remind me, 'but its FREE,' to which I reply with, 'you get what you pay for'
Oh, I'm special alright!!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3