COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Disney Infinity (PS3)
$49.32
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$21.77
WWE 2K14 (PS3)
$23.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)
$9.99
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
$23.99
Diablo III (PS3)
$25.45
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$29.57
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$24.84
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
$30.65
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
$19.99
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$34.99
Drakengard 3 (PS3)
$29.99
Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy (PS3)
$19.24
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$24.38
WWE '13 (PS3)
$19.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$74.99
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (PS3)
$24.83
Hakuoki (PS3)
$39.99
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)
$39.97

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
Special Member

May 2007
San Diego
Japan ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection – Game/Movie Industry Creators Weigh-in

Genre: Action-Adventure Rating: ESRB Teen, PEGI 12, CERO B
Players: [ICO] Single-Player, 2 Local Cooperative Unlock After First Completion [SotC] Single-Player
Extras: Stereoscopic 3D (720p), PCM 7.1, PCM/DTS/DD 5.1, Trophies, [ICO] Full HD 1080p

Released on Blu-ray Disc: September 22nd (Japan), September 27th (North America), September 28th-30th (PAL/Europe) 2011
09.16.2010 TGS 2010 Trailer
06.03.2011 E3 2011 Trailer
07.05.2011 ICO Trailer / Shadow of the Colossus Trailer
08.16.2011 Gamescom Trailer
09.09.2011 ICO TV CM / SotC TV CM
09.14.2011 TGS ICO Trailer / TGS SotC Trailer

(reversible cover)

Developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3, The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection features remastered versions of both critically-acclaimed titles on a single Blu-ray Disc at full HD resolution. Originally developed for the PlayStation 2, both titles have been upgraded with anti-aliased graphics running at 30 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience and in 7.1 surround sound. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation brings stereoscopic 3D support as well as PlayStation Network trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games).

Both known for award-winning gameplay set in picturesque landscapes, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus feature gripping and immersive visual storytelling, as well as unique cinematic environments, enchanting musical scores and compelling action making them two of the industry’s most critically-acclaimed action adventure games to date.

Quote:
(SCEA version, PSN voucher included for SCEE extra content)

Right from your Blu-ray disc, you’ll be able to enjoy these five exclusive bonus videos and go behind-the-scenes to learn more about these two classics and the visionaries that created them:
  • Early concept and prototype video montage of ICO
  • Early concept and prototype video montage of Shadow of the Colossus
  • Initial concept video for NICO, a game that was never made but turned into Shadow of the Colossus, including an on-camera introduction from creator Fumito Ueda
  • Candid 20+ minute round-table discussion between Fumito Ueda (creator), Kenji Kaido (producer) and Junichi Hosono (designer)
  • And last but not least, a 12-minute behind-the-scenes video filmed on location at the SCEI offices in Japan. This video features interviews with key production staff members about the making of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian, as well as concept art and prototype footage of all the games, and exclusive never-before-seen footage of The Last Guardian
ICO (2001)
Enter a world of enchantment and wonder where ICO, a mysterious boy, has been expelled from his village to an isolated castle. Within his confines, he begins to have eerie dreams of rescuing a young princess from the evil spirits that dwell within the fortress. Blurring the lines between fantasy and reality, ICO embarks on a quest to save the princess and along the way, discovers his own cryptic fate.

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS (2005)
Experience a majestic journey through ancient lands on your quest to bring a girl back to life by defeating sixteen gigantic beasts. On the back of your trusty horse, explore expansive landscapes and seek out each Colossus in its own place of hiding, armed with only your wits, a sword and a bow. Each one represents a unique challenge as you attempt to find its weakness and topple it, and take one step closer to bringing the girl back to life.

ICO
  1. Enlightenment – Acquire all Trophies
  2. Rescue – Rescue Yorda
  3. Failure – Finish watching the demo scene confronting the Queen at the front gate stage
  4. Armed and Ready – Acquire Sword
  5. East Gate – Open East Gate
  6. West Gate – Open West Gate
  7. Farewell – Finish watching farewell demo with Yorda at the front gate stage
  8. Royal Arms – Acquire Queen's Sword
  9. Emancipation – Clear the game
  10. Split the Watermelon – Bring the watermelon to Yorda upon completing 2nd time through
  11. Spiked Club – Acquire Spiked Club
  12. Shining Sword – Acquire Shining Sword
  13. Bench Warmer – Save at all save points
  14. Express Journey – Beat the game within 4 hours
  15. Castle Guide – Beat the game within 2 hours
  16. Unscathed Escape – Clear the game without viewing a game over screen
SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS
  1. Wander and the Colossus – Acquire all Trophies
  2. Valley Wanderer – Defeat 1st Colossus
  3. The Sloth – Defeat 2nd Colossus
  4. Disturbed Sleep – Defeat 3rd Colossus
  5. Path of Gravestones – Defeat 4th Colossus
  6. Aerial Dance – Defeat 5th Colossus
  7. Entombed Giant – Defeat 6th Colossus
  8. Waves of Thunder – Defeat 7th Colossus
  9. Wall Scaler – Defeat 8th Colossus
  10. Slumbering Caveman – Defeat 9th Colossus
  11. Unknown Tracks – Defeat 10th Colossus
  12. Guardian Unleashed – Defeat 11th Colossus
  13. Silent Thunder – Defeat 12th Colossus
  14. Signs in the Sky – Defeat 13th Colossus
  15. Shielded Colossus – Defeat 14th Colossus
  16. Valley of the Fallen – Defeat 15th Colossus
  17. Final Colossus – Defeat 16th Colossus
  18. The Forbidden – Clear the game in normal difficulty
  19. Wander and the Forbidden – Clear the game in hard difficulty
  20. Climber – Reached the top of the shrine
  21. Hang Glider – Hang onto the hawk for more than 30 seconds
  22. Resistance – Endure being sucked into the light for over 1 minute in the ending
  23. Collector – Acquire all items available in normal time attack
  24. Meticulous Collector – Acquire all items available in hard time attack
  25. Slippery Ride – Hang onto the fish for over 30 seconds
  26. Agro Circus – Perform all stunt riding using Agro
  27. Cornucopia – Acquired all fruits in the world
  28. Tower of Prayer – Save at all save points
  29. Endangered Lizards – Killed all shining lizards
  30. Stalwart Wander – Max out HP bar
  31. Mighty Wander – Max out stamina bar

(Sony Computer Entertainment Japan's selling the games together as a 'limited box' and separately)

Stig Asmussen
Creative Director – Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studio
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were truly inspirational games to the God of War team because of the way they blend art and design in perfect harmony and wrap them into an experience unlike anything the industry has seen. I can honestly say that these games have had an enormous amount of influence on our studio and have helped shape the God of War series. I am incredibly eager to play these games in true HD glory!

David Braben Chairman – Frontier Developments Ltd.
There is a dream-like beauty and strangeness in Ueda-san and the team's games, and giant monsters set amid a huge landscape is no different. Beautifully creative!

David Cage Director – Quantic Dream
The first time I played ICO was a complete shock to me. It was the first time I was confronted with a game with that quality of art direction and this clear intention of creating emotions rather than just doing things. At the time, I was struggling myself with the idea that games could trigger complex emotions and ICO came like a delivery to me: it clearly demonstrated that a complex emotion like empathy could be felt by the player, and that interactivity could make this emotion even stronger. I also remembered staying for ten minutes with an open jaw in front of my tv after the end of the epilogue with goose bumps, completely amazed by the beauty of the last scenes of the game. It was a very simple story, incredibly powerful, told by a real author. Shadow of the Colossus was another brilliant idea, based on a horse, a world and giant colossuses, with an epic feel and a sense of poetry rarely found in video games.

Ueda-san’s work has no equivalent, it is absolutely unique and personal. It is about emotions, relationships and worlds, it is about human beings and child becoming adults. It is about showing that video games are a valid medium to tell important things about ourselves. For all these reasons, Ueda-san is one of the most creative and important game creators today.

Guillermo del Toro Film Director
For anyone doubting the future of the medium as narrative art: ICO & Shadow of the Colossus are the two pillars upon which it will be built. Hypnotising, immersive and incredibly moving works of art, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus tower over most other videogames.

Alex Evans Technical Director – Media Molecule
ICO is probably the only game that has ever captured a sort of beautiful melancholy and tender feeling; from the first moment I took Yorda’s hand and led her around the world of Ico, I was captivated! As a technical person, I was amazed at how such a simple technical solution – taking the hand of another character, with simple ‘inverse kinematics’ – could have such a profound effect on the game’s atmosphere. Ever since then, I’ve been a hardcore fan of Ueda-san and his games, and await each release with great excitement to see how he & his team use their unique ‘emotional touch’ in each case.

Herman Hulst Vice President – Guerrilla Games Studio
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus offer deeply moving experiences that manage to transcend the medium of games. Elegantly crafted paragons of game design, they remain relevant even to this day.

David Jaffe Co-President – Eat Sleep Play
SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS is the only game where my jaw literally hung open in awe while playing. That sounds like hyperbole, but it's not. I remember when it first happened: I was mounting the first Colossi and I saw my reflection in the TV. Sure enough: my jaw was open! And it stayed open for a good 5 minutes! That had never happened to me while playing a game before, and it has not happened since!

As for ICO・・・man, what to say about ICO? Everyone talks about ICO being seminal to the games-as-art movement. That may or may not be true. I don't really believe in classifying art, so who knows? But I can unequivocally say that ICO is fantastic and ranks as one of the five best games ever made. ICO reaffirmed my belief in the power of the interactive medium and it remains the most exciting and emotional game I've ever played. Perhaps ICO's gameplay was so exciting because ICO's characters and world were so emotional? All I know is ICO is the only game where I actually cared about my characters as people and not just game mechanics grafted onto human looking marionettes. Hmmm…maybe this Ueda guy is on to something!

Congratulations to all at the development team for your past groundbreaking contributions to our medium. Congratulations on the launch of this amazing and beautiful book of your artwork. And finally, congratulations and best wishes to the team as you all continue to elevate and evolve video games to their rightful place as the 21st century's defining medium.

David Perry CEO – Gaikai
In my opinion ICO was one of the most epic, beautiful and innovative game experiences I’ve ever had. (My friend even named her dog ICO after seeing the game.)

The entire console industry waits to see what Kenji, Fumito and their incredible team creates next, as they simply refuse to compromise on their creativity no matter how technically difficult their vision is to achieve.

Dominic Robilliard Creative Director – LucasArts LLC
Ueda-San, Kaido-San and his team are responsible for two of the most important games yet created. Both titles reach the player on a deep, emotional level while never compromising themselves as action adventure games. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus demonstrate not only the development team's credentials as master craftsmen in the industry, but they also validate the video game medium as a legitimate vehicle for art and meaningful entertainment.

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 10-25-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

please! i missed out on ICO and loved SOTC. Still have my PS2 version that I can still play but man, if they did the same treatment than the GOW collection got ...
Breaking Bad complete series Ultraviolet code 30$ PM ME!
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:35 AM   #3

Sep 2009
Portland, Oregon

Man, I hope this becomes a reality. I been wanting to play ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I play the demo of SotC and I liked it.

Sadly, I missed out on these games, since I didn't have a PS2 till now, so yea I hope these games do get a Remastered PS3 port, just like the God of War series.
PSN: l-Richie-Kun-l
Currently Playing: Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland (PS3), Love Live! School Idol Festival (Android)
Currently Waiting for: Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PS VITA)
Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Sacramento

This would be so awesome. Ico is incredibly rare.

Welp... and with this post, I am Blu-ray Guru ...and I've been on here for years longer than some of you young chaps
My Top 250 | Reviews | Last blu-ray watched: Frozen
Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMethod View Post

Welp... and with this post, I am Blu-ray Guru ...and I've been on here for years longer than some of you young chaps
Same time as me

ps: you're slacking

ps2: not in the blu-ray collection though!
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #6

Feb 2008

Okay. I'm gonna sound like a total noob but lol what's shadow of the colossus about?
PSN = Peetos
Old 02-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

I'd be all over a remake of ICO if it came without Shadow of the Colossus. The latter was so boring it is now the most expensive coaster I ever purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
Okay. I'm gonna sound like a total noob but lol what's shadow of the colossus about?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Colossus

Quote:
Shadow of the Colossus, released in Japan as Wander to Kyozō(ワンダと巨像Wanda to Kyozō?, lit. "Wander and the Colossus"), is a Japanese-developed action-adventure video game developed and published by Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) for the PlayStation 2. The game was released in North America and Japan in October 2005 and PAL territories in February 2006.[1]The game was created by SCEI's International Production Studio 1, the same development team responsible for the cult hit[2]Ico.[3]Shadow of the Colossusis a spiritual successor and prequel to Ico.The game focuses on a young man named Wander who must travel across a vast expanse on horseback and defeat sixteen beings, simply known as colossi,[4]to restore the life of a girl named Mono. The game is unusual within the action-adventure genre in that there are no towns or dungeons to explore, no characters with which to interact, and no enemies to defeat other than the colossi.[5][6]Shadow of the Colossushas been described as a puzzle game, as each colossus' weakness must be identified and exploited before it can be defeated.

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-19-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
South Dakota

Quote:
I'm not a fanatic about the game, but it was very cool. So, I'll try to explain it to you.

It's essentially a free roaming game with nothing but boss battles. I think there are about 8 colossi that you fight. The magic of this game isn't in the story, but rather the atmosphere and scale of the game. It's just you in this cut off wilderness and these giant rambling (sometimes hidden) colossus. Almost dream like and semi abstract. The graphics were also extremely impressive at the time of release. This is one of those titles that you really need to play to undertand what makes it so loved.

My .02
Old 02-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew664 View Post
I'm not a fanatic about the game, but it was very cool. So, I'll try to explain it to you.

It's essentially a free roaming game with nothing but boss battles. I think there are about 8 colossi that you fight. The magic of this game isn't in the story, but rather the atmosphere and scale of the game. It's just you in this cut off wilderness and these giant rambling (sometimes hidden) colossus. Almost dream like and semi abstract. The graphics were also extremely impressive at the time of release. This is one of those titles that you really need to play to undertand what makes it so loved.

My .02
That sums up my opinion of it. Although, there were 16 colossi if I remember correctly. Basically the level you play is that boss fight and you are in a gigantic world and you ride this horse to get from "level" to "level" , taking down these huge beasts.

Every time I would play I could always hear that epic song from Phantom of the menace playing during the saber fight in my head.

Awesome game
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:32 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
The latter was so boring it is now the most expensive coaster I ever purchased.
So http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxa View Post
Quote:
It's only one of the greatest games of all time!
Old 02-19-2010, 05:34 AM   #11
Expert Member

Aug 2007

So I probably shouldn't point out the story is from September of last year? Thought it sounded familiar...
Old 02-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by androvsky View Post
So I probably shouldn't point out the story is from September of last year? Thought it sounded familiar...
Ya I knew it sounded familiar but I hadn't seen that thread in a while, so figured i'd just express my wishfulness for this title once more
MAIN
Samsung 52" 60 hz
Denon AVR 890
Polk 5.1 RM85
PS3 320GB Move bundle
OPPO-80 Region Free
Harmony One Remote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Missouri PSN: TLOWNESU

I never got to play SotC but I have heard nothing but good things about the game. If there is going to be a port, will it have a 39.99 price tag, or maybe a 29.99 price tag?
TL OWNS U's Trophy Card TLOU's Small Game Sale and Trade Shop

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 2011 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #14
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

SotC may have the hackiest (in a good, very clever way) game engine on PS2 and it's definitely more different to Ico's than the two God of War PS2 engines are to each other.

I don't think it's a 15-week job for a team the size of Bluepoint + some original staffers.

edit: PDF of the old Japanese-English making-of translation here:
http://www.bruno-urbain.com/resource...ng_of_sotc.pdf

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 02-19-2010 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Ra View Post
So http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI !!!

It's only one of the greatest games of all time!
Personal opinion. You don't have to like it or agree.

I adored every minute of ICO but I detested every second of Shadow of the Colossus.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #16
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Never got to play either of these gems on the PS2.

Day 1 purchase for me.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by androvsky View Post
ARGHHHHHHHH

Came into this thread thinking there was new information. D:
Free at last...
Old 02-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

I think this is more wishful thinking than an actual game plan. Ueda's team would never provide a hack job of a transfer, and don't really have the size, resources, etc. to give it the proper attention now or in the near future especially as work on The Last Guardian is near it's final stretch.

Personnally, SOTC and Snake Eater are the only two other games I would LOVE to see get the HD treatment like GOW...
Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #19
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

SotC needs to come out with Ico. Never played Ico but I consider SotC something I call a pure gaming experience. It doesn't tie you down with long stories or too many characters. You don't have to worry about getting the right items or not having the right people in a group or if you missed something.

It's you, your horse, and the enemy. You can defeat them all with just that and your skills as a gamer.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
Special Member

Sep 2007
Scottsdale

They better make the plat on SOTC to get all the weapons and get up to the damn garden.

I want to replay the hell out of that game.
320gb (60gb model) ps3 also 20gb model
60gb (40gb model) mgs4 gunmetal ps3
Pioneer 50in 1080p Kuro, Samsung 46in 7700 LED, Onkyo 605
10+ expert quadstars on itg2 lawl
2009 Nissan GT-R Premium, my BABY
PSN: Aphex3D
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3