Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Split (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Great Wall (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Warcraft 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Bridesmaids (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Lone Survivor 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Fifty Shades Darker (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Megan Leavey (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Girls Trip (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 12-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #301
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Anyone looking to empty their spare change on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niki-...item45ff2bd18c
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #302
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Ben Edwards will be the new commentator for the BBC.
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #303
Banned

Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|
Send a message via Skype™ to nefilim

...and Kimi Räikkönen gonna rule the races !
Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #304
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Ben Edwards will be the new commentator for the BBC.
Is that good? Do I want that or should I switch to the french RDS feed for those races?
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #305
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Is that good? Do I want that or should I switch to the french RDS feed for those races?
Taken this from wiki,

Quote:
Ben Edwards (born c. 1966) is a British motor racing commentator. At the moment, he is the voice of Superleague Formula and the British Touring Car Championship, in addition to Formula One DVD Reviews for Duke Video. In the past, he has worked for Eurosport, ESPN, and F1 Digital +. He is known for his enthusiastic, energetic commentary style similar to that of Murray Walker.
Will admit I've never heard him commentate a race so couldn'tgive any personal opinion.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #306
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

So Torro Rosso wipes the slate clean....interesting...

http://en.espnf1.com/tororosso/motor...ory/66535.html

Quote:
Toro Rosso has announced that Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne will drive for the team in 2012, replacing Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi.

Both drivers are part of the Red Bull Junior Driver programme, and Ricciardo drove for HRT in the latter half of 2011 as Red Bull wanted him to gain more race experience following a number of Friday practice appearances for its junior team. Ricciardo said that he had learnt a lot during his time with HRT but that his goal had always been a race seat with Toro Rosso.
I don't think both will land in another F1 car...ALG to...HRT?
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
Old 12-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #307
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Force India drops Sutil for Hulkenberg

http://en.espnf1.com/forceindia/moto...ory/66671.html

Quote:
Force India has finally confirmed that Paul di Restaand Nico Hulkenberg will drive for the team in 2012.

Hulkenberg, who was Force India's reserve driver last year, will replace Adrian Sutil while di Resta will stay on for his second season as a race driver. Team principal Vijay Mallya made the news public the day after the expected deadline and thanked Sutil for his hard work over the past four years.
So from what I see, we have a spot open at HRT and Williams, with Sutil, Barrichello, Buemi and Alg fighting for it.

I would bet on Alg to HRT and if Barrichello is out, Sutil to Williams.
YNWA.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #308
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

So much news recently! More than I ever saw during the actual season

Bernies been running his mouth off some more

'F1 won't be big in America' - Ecclestone

Quote:
Bernie Ecclestone believes Formula 1 will never be big in the United States, despite it's worldwide following outside of the country.

In an interview with David Frost on Aljazeera English, Ecclestone was asked whether or not he believed F1 would be popular in the US ten years from now, the 81-year-old simply replied: "No."

The country will rejoin the calendar next season with a new race in Austin, Texas, before a second race in New Jersey joins the following year. Despite this, Ecclestone doesn't believe two races is enough to get Americans interested enough.

"We've got a maximum of two races in America and when you consider the country is as big as Europe and we've got several races in Europe, it's difficult [for the US].

"If we had a lot more races there and a lot more television it would be okay. It's a bit like the rest of America in that they want to see a profit before they start something and it's not easy to do that.

"Formula One will not be big in America," he added.
Link to the http://forum.blu-ray.com/united-king...ml#post5580453 Blu-ray thread, Incase any of you fancy importing it
Old 12-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #309
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
So Torro Rosso wipes the slate clean....interesting...

http://en.espnf1.com/tororosso/motor...ory/66535.html

I don't think both will land in another F1 car...ALG to...HRT?
I don't see it either (for both drivers). If you can't make a decent showing with the resources available to you at Toro Rosso, what hope is there for either to elevate their performance with one of the smaller teams? Can't blame Toro Rosso for their decision: both had ample opportunities during their respective stints with TRS' developmental program, but neither lived up to their GP2's stats. Time to give someone else an opportunity.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
🎮 Batman: Arkham Knight LE PS4 || 🎮 Uncharted 4 LE PS4 || 🎮 Forza Motorsport 6 LE Xbox One
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

Old 12-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #310
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Link to the http://forum.blu-ray.com/united-king...ml#post5580453 Blu-ray thread, Incase any of you fancy importing it
Screw you! Now I have to spend more money! Thanks for nothing!

I had no idea that was coming out on blu-ray. Do you own any others on dvd? $28 USD is a bit much, but if it's like 6-10 hours of content, probably worth it. Or if it will jump in price after release. Hrm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
I don't see it either (for both drivers). If you can't make a decent showing with the resources available to you at Toro Rosso, what hope is there for either to elevate their performance with one of the smaller teams? Can't blame Toro Rosso for their decision: both had ample opportunities during their respective stints with TRS' developmental program, but neither lived up to their GP2's stats. Time to give someone else an opportunity.
A lot of people have complained lately that the whole point of Toro Rosso is to prep drivers for RDR, and that's it. So I guess I understand their point of the full driver refresh. Sucks for them though, but maybe they can do like Hulkenburg and get a reserve Friday slot and try again next year.
YNWA.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #311
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Screw you! Now I have to spend more money! Thanks for nothing!

I had no idea that was coming out on blu-ray. Do you own any others on dvd? $28 USD is a bit much, but if it's like 6-10 hours of content, probably worth it. Or if it will jump in price after release. Hrm...

I've got them all from 1990-2010

The newer ones are about 4 hours long for the season review itself, then there is about an hours worth of onboard cams, which consists of a quick introduction by the driver who you're about to go onboard with. And then theres about 40 mins worth of extras made up from various footage from events from race weekends during the year paddock interviews things like that.

On last years they had a bit that followed an F1 truck driver on the drive from Spain all the way to Monaco So you get to see how they set up and all that, plus it's amazing seeing how those huge trucks get through the streets of Monaco

So nearly 6 hours worth of material all together.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #312
Expert Member

Sep 2009
TX

I'm looking forward to the 2012 season. I just started watching F1 midway through last season since I finally have DVR. I think F1 is one sport where you absolutely need DVR to be a fan, all those wonderful 3-6am race times.

Watching Vettel dominate this year was great to see for a new fan. It was just like ok Vettel you've got this race won before it's even started, now comes the race for second place.
Samsung UN65HU8550
Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 1700
Fronts: Polk Monitor 70s
Center: Polk CS2
Rears: Polk Monitor 60s
Old 12-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #313
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Hamilton, Massa. Take note

Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #314
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Okay so the guy beating down the other driver is an idiot but why on earth did that driver stop after a little suit tug? Keep your foot on the gas and get out of there. You can even get the upper hand and run him over on the next lap if he's still standing there.

My Collection
Old 12-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #315
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Hamilton, Massa. Take note
Now that's entertainment!

WTF1 has put up F1 Christmas cards and a hilarious video.

http://wtf1.co.uk/post/14719988322

http://wtf1.co.uk/post/14403985466
YNWA.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:01 AM   #316
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

I am wondering if 2012 will be the last for Schumi. I mean the last 2 years the cars he has been driving have been garbage and its taken every ounce of Schumi's experience and skill just to complete a race in them. Its sad to see a 7 time world champion, who nearly owns every F1 record, have to drive crappy cars. Hell if he had drivin for Red Bull or McClaren he would have had another 1 or 2 championships to add to his record but this is rediculous. Mercades better wake the hell up because they can build better F1 cars then they have been. Sad to see a man who I am a big fan of come out of retirement for this. Crap he would have been better off staying as a consultant for Ferrari and stayed retired. If Schumi has another year like he had I would call it quits because he dont deserve this BS from a team that has delivered nothing but sub par cars. I am a loyal diehard Ferrari fan but in 2012 I will be pulling for Schumi and hopeing he can challenge for the championship. That is IF and I say IF Mecades can give him a winning car which they have YET to be willing to do.

Ok I am done venting now!
Samsung UN55KU6500FXAD 4K/HDR LED Tv.
Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Blu ray Player.
Sony 7.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH770.
Center Channel Speaker: klipsch Synergy C3.
Tower Speakers: Klipsch SF12.
Surrounds: Sony Satellite Speakers.
Xfinity HD.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #317
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

FIA issued the final tech & sporting regulations for 2012 the other day. Several changes, I think Scarbs F1 blog went over a few. Here's some of the sporting regulation changes:

http://en.espnf1.com/fia/motorsport/story/67402.html

Quote:
The FIA has clarified the rule governing how many moves a driver can make when defending a position.

Questions were raised following the Italian Grand Prix when Michael Schumacher appeared to make numerous moves across the track in order to prevent Lewis Hamilton from passing him, often returning to the racing line after defending. It was a previously unwritten rule that drivers are only allowed to make one move, and the FIA has now entered an article in to the sporting regulations to clarify the issue.

Article 20.3 reads: "More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off‐line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner."

Ultimately, this means that a driver can defend the inside line and then move back across to take a better line in to the following corner as long as they leave space for another car on the outside.

A new rule inserted prevents drivers from cutting out parts of the circuit "without justifiable reason" in order to avoid a repeat of Sebastian Vettel's short cut back to the pits in Korea.

Other changes see lapped cars now being allowed to unlap themselves behind the safety car, with article 40.12 permitting this whenever it is safe to do so.

"If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" is shown on the timing monitors, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car. This will only apply to cars that were lapped at the time they crossed the Line at the end of the lap during which they crossed the first Safety Car line for the second time after the safety car was deployed.

"Having overtaken the cars on the lead lap and the safety car these cars should then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and take up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car. Whilst they are overtaking, and in order to ensure this may be carried out safely, the cars on the lead lap must always stay on the racing line unless deviating from it is unavoidable.

"If the clerk of the course considers track conditions are unsuitable for overtaking the message "OVERTAKING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED" will be shown on the timing monitors."
Also, Buemi will be RBR's reserve driver. Promotion or demotion?

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ory/67407.html
YNWA.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #318
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I liked this story quite a bit. Wonder who the front running team is that's also following suit

Quote:
Lotus's rivals look set to be forced to copy its innovative reactive ride height system ahead of the 2012 season, with the FIA happy the concept is totally legal.

There has been much intrigue in recent days about the mechanism that Lotus was reported to have tried out at the Abu Dhabi young driver test last year.

The mechanical system helps maintain a standard ride height during braking - when often the front of the car would dip down.

Rivals teams are understood to have looked into the system and its legality over recent days - with a report in Gazzetta dello Sport this week suggesting it was driver adjusted by the use of a pedal in the cockpit.

However, if the drivers were changing the ride height of the cars under braking then that would be a breach of the rules.

Article 3.15 of the F1 Technical Regulations states: "With the exception of the parts necessary for the adjustment described in Article 3.18 [the DRS], any car system, device or procedure which uses driver movement as a means of altering the aerodynamic characteristics of the car is prohibited."

We can reveal, however, that the adjustment to the ride height - which improves aerodynamic performance and stability on the Lotus under braking - does not come from the driver.

Instead it is reactive to brake torque and is linked directly to the suspension - so cannot be classified as a moveable aerodynamic device in the way that independent mass dampers were.

The fact that the driver is not involved, and that the system is a part of the suspension, means it complies fully with the F1 regulations.

We understands that Lotus has been in liaison with the FIA throughout the development of the brake system, having first been proposed in 2010 and been given an official green light by the governing as long ago as January last year.

With the FIA happy that the brake system is legal, it means that its main rivals will now have to propose their own systems to the governing body if they want to adopt such a concept for the forthcoming season.

We also understands that at least one front-running team has already submitted plans for a similar ride-height adjustment device to be used in 2012.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #319
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
I liked this story quite a bit. Wonder who the front running team is that's also following suit
It's nice to see the new lower budget teams being the innovators instead of the usual getting technology or equipment well after its usefulness period.

My Collection
Old 01-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #320
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Ferrari is the other team thats followed Lotus lead.

Also the FIA, has been recognised by the International Olympic Committee.

Quote:
Motorsport's ruling body, the FIA, has been recognised by the International Olympic Committee.

The IOC recognition is provisional for a period of two years and it has invited the FIA to introduce an Athlete's Commission so as to make this recognition permanent.

"The FIA welcomes this recognition to join the Olympic family and confirms its commitment to participate in the activities of the IOC and its relevant commissions," said the FIA in a statement.

The FIA said president Jean Todt will be sending a letter to the 129 national sporting club members, inviting them to respect and share the values of the Olympic movement.

"I am delighted the FIA is now part of the Olympic family as this is a confirmation of the strength of our sporting credentials as well as a recognition of the values of Respect, Excellence and Friendship which we actively share with the Olympic movement," said Todt.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Tags
formula 1, motorsport, racing, sports