Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$95.24
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Hannibal: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.74
Old 02-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Power Member

Jan 2008
Washington
Default How do I disable 3D on PS3?

I currently have my directv and oppo directly going to my tv, but my ps3 is going thru my 94thx. The 94 is not 3D capable. For some reason when I go to display options and hit auto, it sees the tv as 3D then enables itself, which causes the picture to glitch every now and then. When I do it manually. It doesn't give the option to select or not to select 3D, but still enables it. I currently have to go manual and set ps3 at 720p.
Any ideas?

MAIN-Pioneer Elite SC-79 Panasonic TC-P58VT25
EP IR 3650 PowerCenter Oppo BDP-93 AppleTv Roku3
Harmony Ultimate Phillips Hue Klipsch(C3,F3,F2,S2,S1,2-Sub12's)
BEDROOM-Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH
Samsung UN55F7050AF HDP1800 PowerCenter
Sony BDP470 Fat PS3 AppleTv Harmony One
Klipsch F1's
Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2008
Washington

In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

Still trying to disable, anyone? anyone?

MAIN-Pioneer Elite SC-79 Panasonic TC-P58VT25
EP IR 3650 PowerCenter Oppo BDP-93 AppleTv Roku3
Harmony Ultimate Phillips Hue Klipsch(C3,F3,F2,S2,S1,2-Sub12's)
BEDROOM-Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH
Samsung UN55F7050AF HDP1800 PowerCenter
Sony BDP470 Fat PS3 AppleTv Harmony One
Klipsch F1's
Old 02-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Go to the video setting of the PS3 and do a manual selection (instead of auto), it appears the PS3 will only pick up the 3D ability when doing auto.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #4

Feb 2008
Pensacola, FL

i have the same problem but to fix it when it gets glitchy like that i find that turning off and on the receiver and the tv fixes it. its ghetto but it works for me much simpler than configuring the ps3 for 3d each time you wanna use it. hope this solution works for you too.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #5

Jun 2011
Default i bought a Tron 3D blu ray by mistake!!

i didn't know it's a blu ray 3D and i can't play it with my ps3 plz help!!! can i disable the 3D feature and just watch it in 2D???
Old 06-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Banned

Aug 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-R View Post
In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

Still trying to disable, anyone? anyone?
You... are a great man!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4roadster View Post
i didn't know it's a blu ray 3D and i can't play it with my ps3 plz help!!! can i disable the 3D feature and just watch it in 2D???
What disk? I was worried when my PS3 wouldn't play B3D-only's, and then realized I hadn't yet auto-reconfigured the Display Settings (on the desktop menu) to the new set.
If it still thinks you have a 2-D set, it's not allowed to play 3-D disks; just have to let it know.

(Or configure it for Manual, as noted above, but point is, it hasn't even gotten orders yet to let B3D's past the gate.)

Last edited by EricJ; 06-17-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
Power Member

Mar 2005

Quote:
usually 3d movies come with 2d version

now how can i turn off 2d

thats why i bought a panasonic it detects if i have a 3d or 2d hdtv and plays whatever i have

Last edited by john_1958; 06-17-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #9

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
What disk? I was worried when my PS3 wouldn't play B3D-only's, and then realized I hadn't yet auto-reconfigured the Display Settings (on the desktop menu) to the new set.
If it still thinks you have a 2-D set, it's not allowed to play 3-D disks; just have to let it know.

(Or configure it for Manual, as noted above, but point is, it hasn't even gotten orders yet to let B3D's past the gate.)
it comes with one blu ray 3D disk only...the thing is i dont have a 3D tv so maybe my ps3 wont allow me to play it.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:49 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
it comes with one blu ray 3D disk only...the thing is i dont have a 3D tv so maybe my ps3 wont allow me to play it.
Disney 3d discs have the 2d playback disbled, but they always come with a separate 2d version. If yours did not come with a 2nd disc, something is wrong.

Where did you get it? Was it used?
Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #11

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Disney 3d discs have the 2d playback disbled, but they always come with a separate 2d version. If yours did not come with a 2nd disc, something is wrong.

Where did you get it? Was it used?
i bought it brand new...but it's asia version if it makes a difference. I guess i have to sell it back out as USED now errrrrr...
Old 06-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #12
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Nnnope--If your onscreen auto-configured Display Settings don't include "1080p - 3D", your PS3 won't play along.
(But then, if you don't have a 3D set... )

Last edited by EricJ; 06-18-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players