Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Boyhood (Blu-ray)
$14.97
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Tropic Thunder (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$44.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #23221
Special Member

Apr 2008

I think I prefer the regular wfe slip over that Target one
Old 10-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #23222
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Surprised the thread is so dead today, especially with the good deals at best buy. Picked up a bunch of BDs, haul photo coming up after I grab dinner.

Also got into a 'verbal altercation' with a target rep who said the word 'policy' one too many times. Target will hold a product for 24 hours. I asked for them to hold a few BDs for me come Tuesday and was told no. I stated the reason was so they didn't crush the slips, particularly Water for Elephants and its bigger slip. The rep kept stating it's policy to put BDs in cases, which is why I rebutted that was the point in holding the movies for me.

The guy said policy one more time and that was enough for me. I talked away to the Disney section and saw the Lion King BD + DVD absolutely crushed in a case and the DVD + BD sitting next to it all mint. Took them back to the rep and said isn't it POLICY to put all BDs in cases. He stated the DVDs don't fit in cases (bullshit since games have cases), that he's 'sorry' and can't help me due to company policy.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #23223
Power Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Surprised the thread is so dead today, especially with the good deals at best buy. Picked up a bunch of BDs, haul photo coming up after I grab dinner.

Also got into a 'verbal altercation' with a target rep who said the word 'policy' one too many times. Target will hold a product for 24 hours. I asked for them to hold a few BDs for me come Tuesday and was told no. I stated the reason was so they didn't crush the slips, particularly Water for Elephants and its bigger slip. The rep kept stating it's policy to put BDs in cases, which is why I rebutted that was the point in holding the movies for me.

The guy said policy one more time and that was enough for me. I talked away to the Disney section and saw the Lion King BD + DVD absolutely crushed in a case and the DVD + BD sitting next to it all mint. Took them back to the rep and said isn't it POLICY to put all BDs in cases. He stated the DVDs don't fit in cases (bullshit since games have cases), that he's 'sorry' and can't help me due to company policy.
i wish it was customer "policy" not to buy in these stores anymore and that
all these corporations who have no clue what customer service is would
go bankrupt!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #23224
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
I'm not. It's been losing steam for quite some time. If the off-topic posts were deleted, it would be only a page a day, except for Tuesdays (and the occasional Friday, like this coming one).

Quote:

Vote with your wallet, Loverboy. I read that somewhere on the internets...

TLK
My Home Theaters
SONY KD-36XS955 36" CRT HDTV & Samsung TX-T3092WH 30" WS CRT HDTV; Oppo BDP-103 & Momitsu BDP-799 (both region-free) Blu-ray Disc players; VIP 3D-Theatre 3D converter box; Pioneer LD-S2 (with AC-3 mod) & Pioneer CLD-1010 LaserDisc players; Pioneer RFD-1 RF demodulator; Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS/DVD player/recorder; Audio Technica AT-PL50 turntable; Onkyo TX-NR818 audio/video receiver (7.2 speakers); Dish Network VIP722 & VIP612 HD DVR receivers
Old 10-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #23225
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip74 View Post
i wish it was customer "policy" not to buy in these stores anymore and that
all these corporations who have no clue what customer service is would
go bankrupt!
I'm not so sure that BD sales are Target's main concern. Whatever BDs Target doesn't sell, they send them back to the manufacturer for a credit toward future BD releases. It really doesn't cost them much one way or the other if you boycott them due to their use of the dreaded plastic coffins.

TLK
My Home Theaters
SONY KD-36XS955 36" CRT HDTV & Samsung TX-T3092WH 30" WS CRT HDTV; Oppo BDP-103 & Momitsu BDP-799 (both region-free) Blu-ray Disc players; VIP 3D-Theatre 3D converter box; Pioneer LD-S2 (with AC-3 mod) & Pioneer CLD-1010 LaserDisc players; Pioneer RFD-1 RF demodulator; Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS/DVD player/recorder; Audio Technica AT-PL50 turntable; Onkyo TX-NR818 audio/video receiver (7.2 speakers); Dish Network VIP722 & VIP612 HD DVR receivers
Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 AM   #23226
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
I'm not. It's been losing steam for quite some time. If the off-topic posts were deleted, it would be only a page a day, except for Tuesdays (and the occasional Friday, like this coming one).

Vote with your wallet, Loverboy. I read that somewhere on the internets...

TLK

I agree on all counts except one, target has an exclusive for WfE. I have no other choice.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #23227
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
I agree on all counts except one, target has an exclusive for WfE. I have no other choice.
Aha... I see. How man miles further is the next Target from where you live?

TLK
My Home Theaters
Old 10-31-2011, 12:49 AM   #23228
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Aha... I see. How man miles further is the next Target from where you live?

TLK

Don't get me started. Too late.

The next furthest target is 25mi away, $8 in gas round trip. It's also the one that started it all, throws out slips every Tuesday morning. They were the reason I've complained to corporate multiple times and started the large thread in the deals forum last year.

That store I loathe. That store I refuse to walk into.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #23229
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Don't get me started. Too late.

The next furthest target is 25mi away, $8 in gas round trip. It's also the one that started it all, throws out slips every Tuesday morning. They were the reason I've complained to corporate multiple times and started the large thread in the deals forum last year.

That store I loathe. That store I refuse to walk into.
Target online?

TLK
My Home Theaters
Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #23230
Special Member

Oct 2006
Ashley, Pa

Quote:
Target online?

TLK
I can't even find Waiting for Elephants on their website but I will be ordering the limited HP from the site this time around.

Shin, I was in WB Target today and noticed that they didn't put some of the new Pixar shorts rereleases in cases. They must be slipping on policy. I'm actually quite proud of myself because I have not purchased anything BD related from Target since they changed it all up.
Looking For: Good Movies!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:32 AM   #23231
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRiderX View Post
I can't even find Waiting for Elephants on their website but I will be ordering the limited HP from the site this time around.

Shin, I was in WB Target today and noticed that they didn't put some of the new Pixar shorts rereleases in cases. They must be slipping on policy. I'm actually quite proud of myself because I have not purchased anything BD related from Target since they changed it all up.

Were you stalking me?

I ended up getting five BDs today, four with slips, two slips are just beautiful.

Have any haul photo suggestions?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #23232
Banned

Mar 2009
30 Years From Now

Quote:
Were you stalking me?

I ended up getting five BDs today, four with slips, two slips are just beautiful.

How bout photos on ur roof lol.

Last edited by Phoenix Theory; 10-31-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:40 AM   #23233
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by xphoenix23 View Post
How bow photos on ur roof lol.

It's way too dark, and too cold out for that.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 AM   #23234
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Were you stalking me?

More soft-core pr0n pics, please.

TLK
My Home Theaters
Old 10-31-2011, 03:54 AM   #23235
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
More soft-core pr0n pics, please.

TLK

I'm not too sure though were appreciated. I did have more too.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #23236
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
I'm not too sure though were appreciated. I did have more too.
With slipcovers in them?

TLK
My Home Theaters
Old 10-31-2011, 04:04 AM   #23237
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
With slipcovers in them?

TLK

Of course. Always have to be on topic. I'm about to post my haul photos soon, just a simple one since I didn't have requests.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:14 AM   #23238
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Sunday haul. Didn't pick up everything I wanted, for some reason Life is Beautiful is missing the Wimo sticker at my best buy, so I'll have to wait for it. Also debating on 40 Days and 40 Nights. Horrid A/V reviews here, though besides LiB and The Conspirator (which doesn't exist), I'll own every current Miramax/Lionsgate release to date.

Spectacular slips:

Also had to throw this in here. Was looking for something in my attic yesterday and happened upon these. I loved Space Jam as a kid and completely forgot I had this. I even have the soundtrack somewhere too...

Old 10-31-2011, 04:23 AM   #23239
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Of course. Always have to be on topic. I'm about to post my haul photos soon, just a simple one since I didn't have requests.
What? My request didn't count?

TLK
My Home Theaters
Old 10-31-2011, 04:28 AM   #23240
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
What? My request didn't count?

TLK

All solo tonight sir. Did you pick up anything today, particular with SLIPCOVERS? I'm actually excited for The Devil's Double. Lionsgate has done well in the past with them, I'm hoping it's actually a shiny gold and embossed slip.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Tags
slipcovers