COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Code:Breaker: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.80
Under the Skin (Blu-ray)
$17.89
Sharks 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After you've seen it)
One Star 0 0%
Two Stars 0 0%
Three Stars 4 44.44%
Four Stars 4 44.44%
Five Stars 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
Default Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

'Percy Jackson' sequel hires writers

Quote:
Ed Wood writers Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski have been hired to pen the sequel to Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief.

The follow-up to last year's fantasy epic will be based on The Sea Of Monsters, the second book in Rick Riordan's series, reports the Los Angeles Times.

The plot will center around Percy Jackson's quest to find the mythical Golden Fleece and free a friend captured in the eponymous sea.

Logan Lerman and several of the original leading cast members are expected to return for Sea Of Monsters, but director Chris Columbus will only be involved in a producing capacity.

Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief grossed $226 million at the worldwide box office for 20th Century Fox on a budget of $95 million.
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...s-writers.html

Last edited by detective392; 06-11-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

1st movie was only ok @ best.

i've read all of the books and w/the changes they made to the 1st movie, it's going to be hard to follow the rest of the books for any future movies.
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 03-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #3

Apr 2010

Awesome awesome! I really liked the first movie (actually bought it on blu), and can't wait for the second!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Having never read the books, I really enjoyed the first movie. I am looking forward to the rest of them if they all get made.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 03-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

So, will this actually be going to theaters, or to Warner's direct-video-sequel line?

(Although they were probably married to some book negotiation deal, the first movie kinda....tanked, y'know.
Maybe they're just doing it for the overseas demand.)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
So, will this actually be going to theaters, or to Warner's direct-video-sequel line?

(Although they were probably married to some book negotiation deal, the first movie kinda....tanked, y'know.
Maybe they're just doing it for the overseas demand.)
It hardly tanked. Failed? Sure. Tanked? No. Drive Angry tanked. Percy did not.
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2015)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Cincinnati, OH

I was wondering if they were going to make a sequel, they better make these movies fast before the actor who plays Percy grows up because they're supposed to be teenagers in the books I believe.

Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you would deny it to the entire world. And we will not be denied.
GREATNESS AWAITS
PLAYSTATION 4
Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3-Playb3yond View Post
I was wondering if they were going to make a sequel, they better make these movies fast before the actor who plays Percy grows up because they're supposed to be teenagers in the books I believe.
Actually, in the first one, Percy is twelve.

Oops.
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2015)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

I liked the first one quite a bit so I'm all for another one.
Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures
Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
It hardly tanked. Failed? Sure. Tanked? No. Drive Angry tanked. Percy did not.
Yeah I just looked it up. The budget was $95 million and it made $226 million worldwide. That hardly seems like a movie that tanked. I'm sure they expected more from the domestic gross but between what it did worldwide plus Blu and DVD sales it did ok for itself.
Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures
Old 03-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

I too am a non-reader of the books that enjoyed the first movie. I'm very happy to hear that they are doing another movie and will most likely go see it in the theaters. Great news!
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Percy Jackson meets Jason and The Argonauts-- sounds like fun!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKORIS View Post
Percy Jackson meets Jason and The Argonauts-- sounds like fun!
That doesn't happen until the new series.
Pioneer Elite KURO PRO-1150HD
Sony Playstation 4
Oppo BDP-83
Old 03-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #14
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Well this gives me a reason to finally blind buy the combo pack of the first movie to see if this one is worth a shot.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #15
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Well this gives me a reason to finally blind buy the combo pack of the first movie to see if this one is worth a shot.
If you liked Harry Potter....you've already seen this movie.

Seriously: As a non-reader but even knowing that the book character wasn't supposed to be a high-schooler, I didn't so much watch the first movie, as just sort of...sat there, coldly dissecting it under a microscope, saying, "Okay, just what intangible factors made Harry Potter a good series and this one just....meh? Merlin a more approachable motif than Zeus? A school instead of a camp? Orphans more sympathetic than ADD underacheivers?"
(When, of course, I wasn't tapping my foot and waiting for an explanation on just exactly HOW Athena could have a daughter at all, Hermione-esque or otherwise.)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #16
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
If you liked Harry Potter....you've already seen this movie.

Seriously: As a non-reader but even knowing that the book character wasn't supposed to be a high-schooler, I didn't so much watch the first movie, as just sort of...sat there, coldly dissecting it under a microscope, saying, "Okay, just what intangible factors made Harry Potter a good series and this one just....meh? Merlin a more approachable motif than Zeus? A school instead of a camp? Orphans more sympathetic than ADD underacheivers?"
(When, of course, I wasn't tapping my foot and waiting for an explanation on just exactly HOW Athena could have a daughter at all, Hermione-esque or otherwise.)
Okay then, guess I'll continue to pretend this movie franchise doesn't exist then, considering it's quite the leap of imagination just to watch Harry Potter.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Okay then, guess I'll continue to pretend this movie franchise doesn't exist then, considering it's quite the leap of imagination just to watch Harry Potter.
I am not a Harry Potter fan but I enjoyed this if that means anything. I think because I am not into magic and things like that but I have always been fascinated by Greek mythology. IMO they are not the same movies like EricJ says but they may be just me.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyOfDarknessAW View Post
I am not a Harry Potter fan but I enjoyed this if that means anything. I think because I am not into magic and things like that but I have always been fascinated by Greek mythology. IMO they are not the same movies like EricJ says but they may be just me.
I agree with you...they are not the same movie. I too am not a fan of the Harry Potter movies, but usually do enjoy Greek mythology movies. Like I said above, I enjoyed the first movie.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #19

Aug 2010
United Kingdom

I loved the first movie, the books are amazing too, I've been waiting months to hear news on if the 2nd movie is being made!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #20

Feb 2008

Love the books, very disappointed in the movie. They changed WAY too much. I can't see how they can even do the 2nd one with what happened in the first.

What they should do is just reboot and start over and stick with the story. Since i don't see that happening, keep the budget reasonable, don't waste money or time on big name celebs, and focus on a good director and a good script.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies