COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Terror Train (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
American Horror Story: Coven (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington
Talking 'Swamp People' Returns March 31st

Hell yeah, I love this show and am very much looking forward to the second season.

Quote:
The cable TV network History says it has ordered a second season of "Swamp People," a reality series set in rural Louisiana.

The show is to return March 31.

The Season 1 premiere of "Swamp People" set a record as History's best original series debut in all key demographics with 4.2 million total viewers, the network said.

"Deep in southern Louisiana there are nearly 1 million acres of flooded forest, marshland and bayous unlike anyplace else in the United States," History noted in a synopsis Wednesday. "It's a hidden world, a place where nature still rules -- one of the least known territories in the United States. But a hardy breed of swamp people knows the secrets of this dangerous, mysterious territory. Most are Cajun descendants of French-speaking settlers who came from Canada in the 1700s -- and their way of life has been fundamentally the same for generations. Hunting, especially alligator hunting, remains a major source of their livelihood."

Old 03-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #2

Mar 2008

Yeah man, I love this show. I have a lot of family in southern Louisiana, and according to my dad Troy also owns one of the biggest crawfish farms in the world.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagCFH View Post
Yeah man, I love this show. I have a lot of family in southern Louisiana, and according to my dad Troy also owns one of the biggest crawfish farms in the world.
Troy seems the most genuine and friendly of all the hunters. I can't wait for season 2, this is one exciting show.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Will be checking this show out tomorrow night as I keep seeing previews every time I turn the TV on. Looks to be a good show and one of my first documentary type shows like this which is perfect to start with as I have started growing an interest in Louisiana and the swamps.

Last edited by detective392; 03-31-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
Troy seems the most genuine and friendly of all the hunters. I can't wait for season 2, this is one exciting show.
You should check out Ax Men.
"Swear to me. Swear to me that everything you said was true!"

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Resident Evil: Remake
Old 03-31-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Will be checking this show out tomorrow night as I keep seeing previews every time I turn the TV on. Looks to be a good show and one of my first documentary type shows like this which is perfect to start with as I have started growing an interest in Louisiana and the swamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Oh yeah Detective, you've got to see Ax Men. Shelby "Swamp Man" Stanga is a Cajun nutjob but he is awesome. I am a huge fan of both shows, and absolutely loved season one of Swamp People I think I've seen it through 3 or 4 times now. It is a very interesting lifestyle these men lead. They aren't city slickers who decide to go hunting on the weekend, they live and die by the swamp. Everything they have and eat they believe the swamp will provide for them. So these are hardcore swampers.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:14 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Oh yeah Detective, you've got to see Ax Men. Shelby "Swamp Man" Stanga is a Cajun nutjob but he is awesome. I am a huge fan of both shows, and absolutely loved season one of Swamp People I think I've seen it through 3 or 4 times now. It is a very interesting lifestyle these men lead. They aren't city slickers who decide to go hunting on the weekend, they live and die by the swamp. Everything they have and eat they believe the swamp will provide for them. So these are hardcore swampers.
Yeah I watched a little of episode 9 and loved what I saw. You could really tell this was there life and not just a hobby.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
I've seen every episode, long time fan.

Quote:
Yeah I watched a little of episode 9 and loved what I saw. You could really tell this was there life and not just a hobby.
Oh yeah you really get to understand these men and what they are about pretty quickly, it's all a family tradition dating back hundreds of years and this is all they know.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
I've seen every episode, long time fan.

Oh yeah you really get to understand these men and what they are about pretty quickly, it's all a family tradition dating back hundreds of years and this is all they know.
Yeah I only saw a little but I learned a lot and they talked about how it's past down from father to son and they hope to keep the tradition going and it was all about family as I saw a little with both the father and son teams.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Yeah I only saw a little but I learned a lot and they talked about how it's past down from father to son and they hope to keep the tradition going and it was all about family as I saw a little with both the father and son teams.
Soon as the kids are big enough to stand they put em up in the boats and let em explore their daddy's catches of the day. The boys start going out hunting with em around 8 or 9 years old typically so by 30 the boys have 20 years worth of gator hunting under the belts. In case you where wondering why such a small caliber, they use .22's so they don't over penetrate and destroy the hide underneath cause that's how they make all their money. The gators are so armored on the top that there is only about a quarter sized spot on the back of the head that you can actually kill them by hitting, you miss it and all you do is crack the gator's skull and piss em off, lol. So you can probably tell why its takes em away to get that shot off. Though myself, I'd be using a .410 kill stick after that .22 to make sure the gator is in fact dead, and it won't over penetrate the hide neither.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Soon as the kids are big enough to stand they put em up in the boats and let em explore their daddy's catches of the day. The boys start going out hunting with em around 8 or 9 years old typically so by 30 the boys have 20 years worth of gator hunting under the belts. In case you where wondering why such a small caliber, they use .22's so they don't over penetrate and destroy the hide underneath cause that's how they make all their money. The gators are so armored on the top that there is only about a quarter sized spot on the back of the head that you can actually kill them by hitting, you miss it and all you do is crack the gator's skull and piss em off, lol. So you can probably tell why its takes em away to get that shot off. Though myself, I'd be using a .410 kill stick after that .22 to make sure the gator is in fact dead, and it won't over penetrate the hide neither.
Wow seems young but something they are able to do at that age after growing up around them. I remember in high school in my animal class a girl brought her baby alligator in and I was still scared of that thing and can't imagine being around them at that young an age but I'm not really a reptile person so you'll never catch me doing that.

That's interesting about shooting them in the right spot and how all that works.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #12
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Wow seems young but something they are able to do at that age after growing up around them. I remember in high school in my animal class a girl brought her baby alligator in and I was still scared of that thing and can't imagine being around them at that young an age but I'm not really a reptile person so you'll never catch me doing that.

That's interesting about shooting them in the right spot and how all that works.
I was born in the South my entire family is southern born and raised, so I've been all over it and there is no place on earth quite like a bayou. Those are another breed of people, and the swamps are one hell of a sight. I been around a lot of gators in those areas whether I wanted to or not, lol, and held just about every kind of reptile there is, but there is nothing quite as exciting and terrifying as seeing those red eyes at night swimming towards your boat. They are the last living dinosaur and it's something I'll never forget. Having seen these beasts up close I know it takes tremendous cojones to do what these men do and I for one don't know If I would risk it, now sharks on the other hand, I'm game!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
I was born in the South my entire family is southern born and raised, so I've been all over it and there is no place on earth quite like a bayou. Those are another breed of people, and the swamps are one hell of a sight. I been around a lot of gators in those areas whether I wanted to or not, lol, and held just about every kind of reptile there is, but there is nothing quite as exciting and terrifying as seeing those red eyes at night swimming towards your boat. They are the last living dinosaur and it's something I'll never forget. Having seen these beasts up close I know it takes tremendous cojones to do what these men do and I for one don't know If I would risk it, now sharks on the other hand, I'm game!
Sounds cool and yeah one day I would love to take a trip to see the swamps and bayous. But for now I'm reduced to movies and shows.

Do you know how much gators it takes to have a good day? The scene I saw they already had 4 in the boat is that good or bad in the gator business as to me who knows nothing about it I would call that awesome and be proud.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #14
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Sounds cool and yeah one day I would love to take a trip to see the swamps and bayous. But for now I'm reduced to movies and shows.

Do you know how much gators it takes to have a good day? The scene I saw they already had 4 in the boat is that good or bad in the gator business as to me who knows nothing about it I would call that awesome and be proud.
Well 4 is decent, it really just depends on the operation. In season one Junior and Willie brought out this ridiculously upscale Italian fashion designer on their boat who wanted to see how they caught the gators and he told them a gator wallet in Italy sells for $10k and a vest sells for $50k and they told him they get about $700 for a gator lol so they felt like shit cause this hair gel wearing sissy just destroyed their lives with those statements. It really comes down to being paid by the foot, anything under 4 feet is typically only like $1 per foot, but over that they can get between a few hundreds bucks and maybe $1500-$2000 for a huge gator I think. So obviously to cover fuel and permit fees you gotta get more than 4 a day to be considered really good. I wanna say in one episode Troy and his son brought in like 12 gators.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Well 4 is decent, it really just depends on the operation. In season one Junior and Willie brought out this ridiculously upscale Italian fashion designer on their boat who wanted to see how they caught the gators and he told them a gator wallet in Italy sells for $10k and a vest sells for $50k and they told him they get about $700 for a gator lol so they felt like shit cause this hair gel wearing sissy just destroyed their lives with those statements. It really comes down to being paid by the foot, anything under 4 feet is typically only like $1 per foot, but over that they can get between a few hundreds bucks and maybe $1500-$2000 for a huge gator I think. So obviously to cover fuel and permit fees you gotta get more than 4 a day to be considered really good. I wanna say in one episode Troy and his son brought in like 12 gators.
Wow I would feel ripped off to if I found out people are paying in the K's for something I risked my life to get and I don't get payed nearly that. Wow 12 gators is way more then I would have thought they would catch in a day.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:55 AM   #16
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Wow I would feel ripped off to if I found out people are paying in the K's for something I risked my life to get and I don't get payed nearly that. Wow 12 gators is way more then I would have thought they would catch in a day.
Yeah well these guys set like 35 baited hooks each time so they are prepared to bring that many in, you'd just have to make a few trips. They set bait one day and check them all the next. I think Troy caught the largest gator of the season last year with something like 12 foot 6 inch.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Yeah well these guys set like 35 baited hooks each time so they are prepared to bring that many in, you'd just have to make a few trips. They set bait one day and check them all the next. I think Troy caught the largest gator of the season last year with something like 12 foot 6 inch.
That's cool how they set the traps and then come back later. That's one big gator and not something I would want to meet or even get close to.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #18
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Woooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee what a great start to the season. 51 gators in one day!!! Now that's a great day of gator huntin!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Woooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee what a great start to the season. 51 gators in one day!!! Now that's a great day of gator huntin!
Damn that's a lot of gators. Missed the premiere but will hopefully watch tomorrow sometime.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:08 AM   #20
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Damn that's a lot of gators. Missed the premiere but will hopefully watch tomorrow sometime.
Gators love that Gravy.

Tarell (sp?) the latest cast addition is awesome!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television