COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$13.18
El Mariachi / Desperado (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Bankers of God: The Calvi Affair (Blu-ray)
$17.23
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
George Gently, Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.19
George Gently, Series 1 (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #1

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada
Default Silent Hill: Revelation 3D!!!

Hi everybody, i gotta say Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is probably the most exciting 3d movie that i am waitin for. I am a huge huge horror movie fan, so seeing movies like this in 3d gets me really excited!... if u guys find any cool clips specifically in 3d please post them here!!!!!...
Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #2

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

and this page definately has some cool things to offer http://www.facebook.com/SilentHillRevelation
Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #3

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eNOPphIviXc
Old 03-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Thanks for creating this thread, and the links. I'm looking forward to Silent Hill 3D this year hopefully.

SILENT HILL 1 SPOILERS:
I liked the atmosphere of the first one, though the games seem a lot scarier compared to the first movie, which looked really cool, but somehow wasn't as scary, probably because they chose CGI demon babies instead of using real people in outfits, like they did for that acid spitting sack humanoid walking from the garbage pile around the fence. Plus in the game, the babies would stab your legs with knives if they caught you. Or maybe the fear from the first game has left me and I already knew what to expect? Pyramid Head was well done though, along with the rusting world and that creep in the bathroom stall. The sirens were nice too.

Overall though, Silent Hill 1 captured some of the camera work, music, and atmosphere of the games.

I read Sean Bean and Rahda Mitchell will return in part 2. I hope the 3D is strong. Is it filmed in 3D? I'll check the links, thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

I've been a fan of Silent Hill from the first game on PS, turning the lights down in my room and scaring the hell out of myself. This also is probably my most anticipated 3D release yet. The majority of the movie was shot in Canada and will feature key locations from the game series, most awesomely the Carnival which if I remembered correctly made face in Silent Hill 3.

Ready??

You sure????

Okay, here you go: SILENT HILL: REVELATIONS WAS SHOT ENTIRELY IN 3D! WOOOOT!

I've also been following Michael Bassett's blog which for reference, he directed this sequel and took part in writing. Here's the link: click here

Unfortunately because I follow his blog, I have bad news to share about this movie. It's completely done, edited, final copy ready.. BUT the producers / production company are having issues agreeing on a release date for the film. It was originally planned for later this year however they didn't want the competition on their opening weekend and since have not set anything in stone. The REAL unfortunate part of this as Bassett describes it, now that he's done with the film and it's entirely in their hands, he's been pushed officially out of the loop and though could probably voice an opinion, has no say on the release date decision. I couldn't imagine directing a movie like this that would take everything you had to offer artistically then having it stripped from your grasp (for those who don't know, there is a large cult following of the series and an underground unity of Silent Hill nerds like myself are ready to get froggy at any point the story or movie gets... we'll say out of hand)

His blog will probably be the first place you hear about a release date if you're tracking the movie. He made a comment earlier this month that it could be this year, it could be 2014 - the decision is completely out of his hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett's blog 3/24/2012
And other news: Nothing on Silent Hill, I’m afraid. I’m waiting for something myself. Though I have to confess, it’s nice to have that out of my head for a while. Getting some distance from it reminds me now how much fun it was to make and how pleased I am with the finished movie.

Last edited by Jsmith82; 03-29-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Cool

Filmed in 3D, nice! I think if any genre deserves strong 3D, it's the horror genre for the fact horror movies are designed to scare the viewer in a bunch of ways, some subtle, some in your face, other through build up, but the 3D could definitely bring a sense of reality, of being there in the movie. At least that's the idea anyway, where you'd be walking down a haunted hallway in 3D, waiting to see what's about to leap out from the doors lining the hall.

Yeah, I was wondering what the hold up is on setting a release date on this. If I were the studio, I would wait till they found a spot where there wasn't a lot of competition, but closer to the fall season, when people get hyped up for Halloween 2012.

Great news to hear it's complete! I thought they were still working on it.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Silent Hill: Revelation was filmed in 5K 3D with Red Epic cameras, so it might be a good candidate for IMAX 3D.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D got delayed until January 4, 2013 (not a good sign for it). So right now, the only October 2012 3D movie it would be competing against is Frankenweenie. Other 2D horror competition would be Sinister and Paranormal Activity 4. From a box office standpoint, I'm not sure how it would fare against those movies, but Silent Hill: Revelation would definitely be my Halloween movie of choice if I could only see one.
Vizio E3D420VX, 160GB PS3, Sony MDR-DS7500 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 03-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Silent Hill: Revelation was filmed in 5K 3D with Red Epic cameras, so it might be a good candidate for IMAX 3D.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D got delayed until January 4, 2013 (not a good sign for it). So right now, the only October 2012 3D movie it would be competing against is Frankenweenie. Other 2D horror competition would be Sinister and Paranormal Activity 4. From a box office standpoint, I'm not sure how it would fare against those movies, but Silent Hill: Revelation would definitely be my Halloween movie of choice if I could only see one.
Thanks for the info on the 3D cameras BleedOrange11.

Also, on this topic, March 2012: Silent Hill Downpour on 360/PS3 is in 3D on the PS3, and probably 360, but I'd check first. When it drops to around $40, I'll check it out. It's gotten some good fan reviews, but mixed critic reviews.

For the movie, finding a release date with the least competition, but also good ticket sales is never easy. The smart window to release it would be from July through late October Halloween.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #9

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

originally it was suppose to come out this march, i can only assume they might wanna go big and realease it in summer for the better bling bling $ $ .... lets keep each other updated!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Yeah, it'd be a mistake to sit on a movie for a 2013 time slot, as there is always competition no matter what month it's released, though I agree, summer 2012 sounds pretty good. Around August is a good idea as the Blockbuster competition cools off a little; I'm guessing without seeing the summer line up.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 AM   #11

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

what a babe and what a shot !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 AM   #12
Expert Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Also, on this topic, March 2012: Silent Hill Downpour on 360/PS3 is in 3D on the PS3, and probably 360, but I'd check first. When it drops to around $40, I'll check it out. It's gotten some good fan reviews, but mixed critic reviews.
Let us know how the 3D is if you buy this. I'm a little afraid that the game will be too dark to benefit much from 3D. If it has some cool effects though, I'd move it up on my wishlist.

Quote:
For the movie, finding a release date with the least competition, but also good ticket sales is never easy. The smart window to release it would be from July through late October Halloween.
Yeah, I looked through the upcoming movies for July-September 2012, and they're never going to find a month without good competition. August is going to have Bourne Legacy, Total Recall, ParaNorman, and three other horror movies. I'd say just release it in October 2012 and capitalize on Halloween. If not, they might as well just dump it in Q1 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbrownst0ne View Post
what a babe and what a shot !
Agree! Gorgeous shot.
Vizio E3D420VX, 160GB PS3, Sony MDR-DS7500 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 03-30-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Also, on this topic, March 2012: Silent Hill Downpour on 360/PS3 is in 3D on the PS3, and probably 360, but I'd check first. When it drops to around $40, I'll check it out. It's gotten some good fan reviews, but mixed critic reviews
I'm with you on this, having annihilated every Silent Hill game (minus the hand held that came out a few back), I'm planning on taking a long weekend and plowing through this one in 3D like its predecessors. However the days of 60.00 video games in my house are over with, just not worth it and I no longer mind the wait.

Guess with age came patience (for some things.........)

If anyone else is interested, they also just released a Silent Hill HD collection made up of remastered 720p versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3. How 1 wasn't considered is beyond me, guessing because it was for PS and the graphics though at the time were good, now days would be shunned.

Shame, 1 was so classic. I still remember the piano / bird poem puzzle.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
Special Member

Oct 2008

1 is on PSN anyway.

Avoid the HD Collection, though - they really screwed up the ports. Changed music, sound synch issues, "cleaned" textures that remove the atmosphere, framerate and freezing problems, dialed-back fog that reveals the end of the world they didn't bother filling in because you weren't supposed to see it... it's a total mess. I traded it in for Downpour, actually.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Thanks Alien for the heads up. That's also great 1 is on PSN, doesn't help my cause though being on XB360. I was gearing up to buy a PS3 then found out my wife was pregnant so I gave up the PS3 purchase for a camcorder.

A camcorder that records in 3d

Obsession!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82 View Post
I was gearing up to buy a PS3 then found out my wife was pregnant so I gave up the PS3 purchase for a camcorder.

A camcorder that records in 3d

Obsession!

LOL congrats man!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Missouri, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
LOL congrats man!!!
Thank ya!
Old 03-31-2012, 02:39 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Let us know how the 3D is if you buy this. I'm a little afraid that the game will be too dark to benefit much from 3D. If it has some cool effects though, I'd move it up on my wishlist.

Yeah, I looked through the upcoming movies for July-September 2012, and they're never going to find a month without good competition. August is going to have Bourne Legacy, Total Recall, ParaNorman, and three other horror movies. I'd say just release it in October 2012 and capitalize on Halloween. If not, they might as well just dump it in Q1 2013.

Agree! Gorgeous shot.
I read the game is actually brighter than past games except for a few sections where you can only use your flashlight. The rest is mostly visible fog and rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82 View Post
I'm with you on this, having annihilated every Silent Hill game (minus the hand held that came out a few back), I'm planning on taking a long weekend and plowing through this one in 3D like its predecessors. However the days of 60.00 video games in my house are over with, just not worth it and I no longer mind the wait.

Guess with age came patience (for some things.........)

If anyone else is interested, they also just released a Silent Hill HD collection made up of remastered 720p versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3. How 1 wasn't considered is beyond me, guessing because it was for PS and the graphics though at the time were good, now days would be shunned.

Shame, 1 was so classic. I still remember the piano / bird poem puzzle.
Yeah, Silent Hill 1 was the scariest game I've played. I originally played the demo and it took some nerve to just put it into the disc tray back then. Just goes to show what the power of feeling mostly helpless (thanks to some clunky controls and limited defenses), combined with a creepy atmosphere, evil creatures and incredibly wicked music can do.
That's what I felt was missing a bit from the movie, as much as I liked it. I think the daughter wasn't that scary and that affected the mood also.

Yes to patience. I think the thrill of games is wearing off and that helps with the wait. Games seem disposable compared to movies, since game consoles are always being replaced and movies are timeless entertainment to sit back and enjoy, no interaction needed. IMO. I still have some classic video games I play, mostly Fallout 3 for the past 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
1 is on PSN anyway.

Avoid the HD Collection, though - they really screwed up the ports. Changed music, sound synch issues, "cleaned" textures that remove the atmosphere, framerate and freezing problems, dialed-back fog that reveals the end of the world they didn't bother filling in because you weren't supposed to see it... it's a total mess. I traded it in for Downpour, actually.
Let us know how you like DownPour. It looks pretty cool and I'd guess it'll have some great exploration. I'd like to know how big the town is this time.

In that pic, is that Rahda Mitchell or a younger lady? I can't tell for sure.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #19

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

zivouhr if you're talking about the pic i posted? Thats Adelaide clemens
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #20

Oct 2011
Montreal,Canada

SICK weapon

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies