Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Angry Birds Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.50
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World 3D (Blu-ray)
$3.99
Journey to Space 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Zootopia 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.96
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.80
X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D (Blu-ray)
$43.49
Deep Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.30
Enchanted Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Caesar's Warrior Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.99
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.73
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Default Star Wars Episode VII

Is it officially in 3D and is Lucasfilm their own at Disney like Marvel. So we can at least be hopeful for a 3D Blu Ray release for this one
Old 01-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Is it officially in 3D and is Lucasfilm their own at Disney like Marvel. So we can at least be hopeful for a 3D Blu Ray release for this one
The 3D version was confirmed by the IMAX corporation last year, and the trailer has been shown in 3D in theaters as well I believe. I think Lucasfilm distributed their first Blu-ray of Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions on their own, so I'd say a 3D Blu-ray is definitely a possibility(and possibly too big for them to be ignored, but that's my personal opinion.)
Thanks given by:
mredman (01-05-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #3
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Soldier View Post
The 3D version was confirmed by the IMAX corporation last year, and the trailer has been shown in 3D in theaters as well I believe. I think Lucasfilm distributed their first Blu-ray of Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions on their own, so I'd say a 3D Blu-ray is definitely a possibility(and possibly too big for them to be ignored, but that's my personal opinion.)
I saw the trailer for Episode VII in IMAX 3D and it looked amazing! I caught the trailer before The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in IMAX HFR 3D
Old 01-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, USA ; I enjoy watching 3-D blu-rays; 23 Blufans steels so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
I saw the trailer for Episode VII in IMAX 3D and it looked amazing! I caught the trailer before The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in IMAX HFR 3D
Old 01-08-2015, 03:28 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

I hope you are right and Disney treats Lucasfilm as they treat Marvel, allowing them to decide to release their blu rays in 2D and 3D formats for fans.
Star Wars in 3D is a new experience for home theaters, so for them to dismiss the value of it would be a mistake. It could potentially influence the 3D market as Avatar did in 2009.

Quote:
You are lucky. I was waiting for it to appear and Cinemark didn't show it at all, not even in 2D sadly, before Hobbit 3 3D.
Maybe later this year we'll see it again in 3D, or before Seventh Son 3D later this or next month.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Best of all, "In Real D 3D and Imax 3D"

Just saw Star Wars VII's 2nd trailer in 3D> Awesome! Close to strong 3D layering in every shot, with great particles flying out, though they can convert a trailer individually. Hopefully these are shots from the final movie conversion. If so, it's going to be something.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #7

Jun 2014

Quote:
Just saw Star Wars VII's 2nd trailer in 3D> Awesome! Close to strong 3D layering in every shot, with great particles flying out, though they can convert a trailer individually. Hopefully these are shots from the final movie conversion. If so, it's going to be something.
I'll happily second that! The 3D in the trailer was very promising. I'll be extremely depressed if it's dialed back for the final release.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:56 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Cool, glad you were able to see it in 3D. Knowing the budget behind this one, looks like they got a stereo 3D conversion team who know how to bring strong 3D. That shot with the Stormtroopers turning to face the camera was memorable in 3D.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #9

Sep 2014
California
Exclamation 3d

XD cinemark theater .... Very strong 3D

I was in a packed theater Thursday night for Avengers & they played the 3D trailer for Star Wars.... after it was over the theater broke out into applause ! (Very rare for a trailer) The trailer had very deep 3D with plenty of pop in front of the screen.

If the movie is anything like the trailer , this will be yet another movie that everyone will have to see in 3D to get the full experience.

All 3D .......... All the Time.......

A Brilliant Gimmick : a successful and ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one that attracts attention and increases appeal. It can help create an experience that is so much more than the sum of the parts.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (05-03-2015), Zivouhr (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Agree.

If the 3D in the final complete Star Wars VII is this strong, it could seriously boost home 3D sales if Lucasfilm brings it to blu ray 3D in 2016.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERRET View Post
XD cinemark theater .... Very strong 3D

I was in a packed theater Thursday night for Avengers & they played the 3D trailer for Star Wars.... after it was over the theater broke out into applause ! (Very rare for a trailer) The trailer had very deep 3D with plenty of pop in front of the screen.

If the movie is anything like the trailer , this will be yet another movie that everyone will have to see in 3D to get the full experience.

how about BvS did they show that in 3D ?
i hear some got that too don't know if it was 2D or 3D and people applauded for that one also
Old 05-04-2015, 01:28 AM   #12

Sep 2014
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
how about BvS did they show that in 3D ?
i hear some got that too don't know if it was 2D or 3D and people applauded for that one also
No we did not get Batman vs Superman.

San Andreas , Terminator , Ant Man , Pixels , Jurassic world and Star Wars

Star Wars had he most 3D

Ant Man had the least 3D of the 6 shown.
All 3D .......... All the Time.......

A Brilliant Gimmick : a successful and ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one that attracts attention and increases appeal. It can help create an experience that is so much more than the sum of the parts.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #13
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Best of all, "In Real D 3D and Imax 3D"

The 3d is going to be perfect imo!!! I saw the new trailer in Imax 3d with avengers 2 two days ago and it looked stunning!!! Everything looked perfect and the sparks flying out of the screen and that quick shot with the lightsaber swing looked amazing!!!! I got major goosebumps with the trailerz and that just goes to show how much star wars means to me lmao!!! Can't freaking wait!!!
Old 05-04-2015, 02:09 AM   #14
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Agree.

If the 3D in the final complete Star Wars VII is this strong, it could seriously boost home 3D sales if Lucasfilm brings it to blu ray 3D in 2016.
I agree with that notion!!! I think star wars is the key to the home entertainment 3d renaissance!
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (05-04-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 02:58 AM   #15
Expert Member

Oct 2011
North Las Vegas

I loved this trailer in 3D, the movie looks amazing, I can't wait.

I also thought that Ant Man looked pretty good. It's the first time I had seen this trailer for the movie. It looks promising.

But the Star Wars trailer had our entire theater amped up.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (05-04-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 03:07 AM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERRET View Post
No we did not get Batman vs Superman.

San Andreas , Terminator , Ant Man , Pixels , Jurassic world and Star Wars

Star Wars had he most 3D

Ant Man had the least 3D of the 6 shown.
How did you like the 3D in Terminator 3D, Everret?
I saw Ant Man's 3D and it was close to strong 3D at my theater.
All the others looks promising also for 3D. Especially Pixels and Star Wars VII 3D.

Quote:
I agree with that notion!!! I think star wars is the key to the home entertainment 3d renaissance!
Yes, a huge fan base will hopefully want to see Star Wars VII in the most life like version possible, and that would be the 3D version if the 3D is as strong as the trailer's.
"I sense the Force is strong with this one."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar View Post

I also thought that Ant Man looked pretty good. It's the first time I had seen this trailer for the movie. It looks promising.

Right on! Should be an experience.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:07 AM   #17
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar View Post

Ant man had AMAZING 3D! Strong 3d and the shot of antman falling down to the train set had some of the strongest 3d I'd ever seen and my it made my jaw drop to the floor!! I'm predicting the movie is going to be the sleeper hit iron man was. It looks like the perfect mix of comedy and action and I think the story is truly going to be great
Old 05-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Ant man had AMAZING 3D! Strong 3d and the shot of antman falling down to the train set had some of the strongest 3d I'd ever seen and my it made my jaw drop to the floor!! I'm predicting the movie is going to be the sleeper hit iron man was. It looks like the perfect mix of comedy and action and I think the story is truly going to be great
Always the optimist! Agree about the comedy/action and look of the 3D in the trailer. Looking good!
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 05-05-2015, 12:24 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Always the optimist! Agree about the comedy/action and look of the 3D in the trailer. Looking good!

Iron Man was a huge hit, but probably unexpectedly, so you're right, a sleeper hit. I hope Ant-Man does well. It embraces its comical theme very well! Great 3D, yes.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
London, UK

140 million bucks blockbuster, designed by La La Land beancounters to spawn a massive franchise "unexpected sleeper hit": LOL
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies