Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.09
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.88
It Came from Outer Space 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.35
Ghostbusters 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Oz the Great and Powerful 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.97
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.77
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.47
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.89
The LEGO Batman Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Kong: Skull Island 3D (Blu-ray)
$37.61
300: Rise of an Empire 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.57
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 03-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2011
The Citadel
Default Power Rangers 3D (2017)

So this movie IS in 3D? This poster mentions 3D:

Or is this a mistake or perhaps a fake poster? I would have thought if it was definitely in 3D then somebody (creed!) would have already done a thread. Does anyone have any more information? I'm not fussed about this movie but in 3D I'm interested as all the action and visuals would be a lot better in 3D.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore
Thanks given by:
creed123 (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #2

Feb 2017
Midwest, USA

According to the description that I found, this is just a fan poster (fake). Advance tickets for this movie went on sale this week and they appear to be for 2D screenings only.
Thanks given by:
lgmayka (03-24-2017), UFAlien (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStar View Post
According to the description that I found, this is just a fan poster (fake). Advance tickets for this movie went on sale this week and they appear to be for 2D screenings only.
Thanks RickStar, big missed opportunity imo. Oh well one less movie to worry about seeing in theatres.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

Old 03-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #4

Feb 2017
Midwest, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Thanks RickStar, big missed opportunity imo. Oh well one less movie to worry about seeing in theatres.
Agreed! Big miss! It's hard to believe that a superhero movie with a reported budget of $120 million is not getting a 3D release. Did they run out of time (like Fantastic Four)? Or was the budget maxed out?

I really enjoyed Project Almanac which was also directed by Dean Israelite so I'm curious to see how this film turns out.
Thanks given by:
levcore (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #5
Power Member

Oct 2008

I really wanted this to be 3D but accepted a while ago it isn't. Lionsgate seems to be moving away from the format.
Thanks given by:
levcore (03-08-2017), RickStar (03-09-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 11:19 PM   #6
Special Member

Oct 2013
Alabama

The film's wiki page gives no mention of 3D.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_(film)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:21 AM   #7
Special Member

Nov 2014

This isn't Deadpool or Logan.

Could be more like that Fantastic Four reboot, where the studio doesn't want to sink any more cash into it.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:47 AM   #8

Feb 2017
Midwest, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post

Could be more like that Fantastic Four reboot, where the studio doesn't want to sink any more cash into it.

Well, the CEO of Lionsgate, Jon Feltheimer, is bullish on how successful the movie will be. He believes this will turn into a major franchise with five or six sequels in the future.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/po...te-1201783618/
Old 03-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post

I'm surprised they sunk 120Mil into this thing. Looking at the trailer the CG looks really average/ bad and there are no stars in it. Elizabeth Banks can't cost much. Also it seems to me the post production time was insanely short, so that might be a factor as to why no 3D version has been offered.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #10
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStar View Post
Well, the CEO of Lionsgate, Jon Feltheimer, is bullish on how successful the movie will be. He believes this will turn into a major franchise with five or six sequels in the future.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/po...te-1201783618/
Well since Twilight and Hunger Games are done, and the Divergent series possibly being banished to TV to finish up (Personally, if it has to go this route, it's done...); Lionsgate is desperately looking for a franchise.

They probably get one more John Wick (via Summit) and maybe one more Expendables (via Millennium), but the cupboard is pretty bare.

Well they have their Oscars, and Saw Legacy, I guess....

It's quite logical that he's boasting about the potential of Power Rangers.

It seems appropriate that it's scheduled on March 24, with the rest of the also-rans, Life and Chips. I don't any of the three films breaking $20 million in their opening weekend. (At least Power Rangers will have some international potential, China seems to eat this crap up...)

fitprod
Old 03-10-2017, 12:47 AM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
I'm surprised they sunk 120Mil into this thing. Looking at the trailer the CG looks really average/ bad and there are no stars in it. Elizabeth Banks can't cost much. Also it seems to me the post production time was insanely short, so that might be a factor as to why no 3D version has been offered.
For that considerably risky budget of $120 million these days, ($40-$60 million is a safe bet for an unproven movie risk even with a fan base), it's definitely disappointing it doesn't offer a 3D version, which would've gotten me into the theater to see this, being only a mild fan of the series. I like the martial arts and the giant monsters in general.

At least they'll have a VR experience, which should be in stereo 3D.
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (03-10-2017), levcore (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 01:00 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore

How is the VR going to work?
Old 03-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #13
Power Member

Oct 2008

According to some discussion on RangerCrew the budget is actually $105 million.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #14

Aug 2011
Stem, NC

No 3D Ill skip it and wait for a used blu at $5 or less.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #15
Power Member

Oct 2008

TBH I'm a huge PR fan and this is my most anticipated movie of the year. So I'm disappointed it's not in 3D (or IMAX) but if I need to see it on a normal screen like a plebian I'll be happy to.

I usually don't make box office predictions but there's no way this makes less than $20 million opening weekend. That doesn't mean it's going to be a hit either, considering its budget, but I think you're grossly underestimating the nostalgia factor and the current level of buzz.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #16

Sep 2015

IMDB says 3D and at KONG screening the latest PR trailer that said "see it in 3D" at the end. I'm in Romania but we get the official US versions 99% of the time. Plus the reported budget so far, over 100 million would indicate 3D too. I'm more worried about Covenant than PR at this point.
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (03-11-2017), impasse (03-14-2017), Paul H (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
According to some discussion on RangerCrew the budget is actually $105 million.
Thanks. That's a little better budgeting compared to 120 anyway.

Quote:
TBH I'm a huge PR fan and this is my most anticipated movie of the year. So I'm disappointed it's not in 3D (or IMAX) but if I need to see it on a normal screen like a plebian I'll be happy to.

I usually don't make box office predictions but there's no way this makes less than $20 million opening weekend. That doesn't mean it's going to be a hit either, considering its budget, but I think you're grossly underestimating the nostalgia factor and the current level of buzz.
Knowing you're a big fan, if you say it's one of the best action movies of the year, I'll consider seeing it. I like the giant gold robot monster they have to fight, and the martial arts look high energy like the show. The design of the main female villain, I'd have to get used to that. The PR costumes look interesting. They are staying faithful to the colorful style of the show and not desaturating the colors as Marvel and DC often do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by istacks View Post
IMDB says 3D and at KONG screening the latest PR trailer that said "see it in 3D" at the end. I'm in Romania but we get the official US versions 99% of the time. Plus the reported budget so far, over 100 million would indicate 3D too. I'm more worried about Covenant than PR at this point.
IMDB says 3D for Power Rangers?
Camera Red Epic Dragon
Laboratory Company 3 (digital intermediate)
Printed Film Format D-Cinema (3-D version)
Okay, you're right, it does say 3D. Interesting. That unfortunately won't be happening in the US if Scorch Trials 3D and Hunger Games 3D were any indication, neither of which had 3D releases in the US, but only overseas.

IMDB says 3D for Alien Covenant anyway. I found a couple other sources suggesting it too but again, no poster or trailer yet saying 3D:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/...ef_=tt_dt_spec
Old 03-23-2017, 09:23 PM   #18
Power Member

Oct 2008

A Brazilian member of the Rangercrew forums has confirmed this is getting a 3D release there. So there might eventually be a 3D BD to import depending on where else it comes out.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:57 AM   #19

Feb 2017
Midwest, USA

Quote:
A Brazilian member of the Rangercrew forums has confirmed this is getting a 3D release there. So there might eventually be a 3D BD to import depending on where else it comes out.
Hmmm.......not seeing it. I've done some googling and all I keep finding are 2D screenings. You can click the following link as an example.

http://cineimperator3d.com.br/

I wonder if it was originally announced that there would be a 3D version for Brazil but then it subsequently got cancelled. Any more info from that Brazilian member?
Old 03-24-2017, 01:05 AM   #20

Aug 2014
New Zealand

This is already out here in New Zealand and no 3D screenings.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies