Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dog Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
$98.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Thunderbirds: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.97
Whiplash (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Three Stooges Collection - Volume Two - Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$7.79
Predestination (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Duck, You Sucker (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Ben-Hur / The Ten Commandments (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Island of Lemurs: Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 02-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #1

Feb 2011
CA
Default David Attenborough's Conquest of the Skies 3D

David Attenborough's Conquest of the Skies 3D

David Attenborough embarks on an extraordinary journey to unravel one of nature s most gripping stories the evolution of flying animals. The power of flight is one of the greatest miracles of nature. Over one hundred billion creatures soar through the air today - from nectar-drinking hummingbirds, to armoured airborne beetles; from bats hunting in the black of night, to bizarre winged lizards.

In Conquest of the Skies, David Attenborough travels back in time to unravel the astonishing 300-million-year story of how these animals first appeared, and then evolved into the huge variety of aeronauts that fill our skies today. Only now, using the latest scientific analysis, can he reveal the hidden mechanics behind their gravity-defying skills.

Ground-breaking 3D cameras, high speed filming and stunning CGI bring the viewer closer than ever to this astounding aerial world. From the steaming rainforests of Borneo to the frozen fossil beds of China, the arid canyons of Spain to the cloud forests of Ecuador, this series spans the globe to explore the thrilling and surprising story of how the flying animals came to conquer the skies.

http://www.conquestoftheskies.com/

Just preordered it at Base.com for
£9.99 + £1.49 shipping

which is about $17.525 USD

This title will be released on March 9, 2015.
Always offering the best deal for DMR points! Check out my trading score!
Old 02-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
Power Member

Oct 2010
Netherlands

Quote:
Updated 8th January, 2015

ONSIGHT is the proud provider of cameras and picture post in 4K, HD, 3D and 2D for Colossus Productions’ new landmark series Conquest of the Skies (3D) - the facility’s seventh David Attenborough collaboration with Atlantic Productions and Sky.

The Post division designed a 4K workflow and oversaw the media management, based on a variety of camera formats, including the Epic as provided by ONSIGHT's camera team. There was also a mixture of shooting techniques, such as a 3D-Epic equipped Octocopter by Digital Cinema Films with R&D from ONSIGHT. This captured incredible aerial footage in Borneo and the UK’s Fenland. The camera division also provided a wide range of innovative 3D systems.

ONSIGHT later facilitated plate preparations, DI, VFX, conform, QC as well as mastering and deliverables. This included the ability to screen the 4K masters, combining 5K live action with 4K VFX and CGI from Zoo VFX. Senior Colourist Andy Lee maximised the flexibility of SGO Mistika by switching between the colour grade, depth grade and VFX conform. VFX Stereo Artist Miguel Caamano Riveiro supported the project with stereo corrections and compositing.

In this fascinating series, David Attenborough tells the evolutionary story of flight from the first insects to the vast array of creatures in the skies today.

Conquest of the Skies premieres on Sky 3D and Sky 1 HD on New Year’s Day 2015 with Episodes 2 and 3 continuing on 8 and 15 January respectively, followed by a special making of film. Watch the extended trailer and visit the series' official website here.
http://www.onsight.co.uk/showcase/22...t-of-the-skies
Old 02-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Special Member

Mar 2008
Isle of Benbecula, UK

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=256368
Old 02-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #4

Dec 2013
Canada

Blind Buy!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:27 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

is this region B locked?
Old 02-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
is this region B locked?
It appears to be.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Quote:
is this region B locked?
Probably not. Many of the other Sky3D Blu-rays are noted as region B on Amazon.uk, but are in fact region free. I can probably let you know when it comes out. Most likely I will order this.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #8

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik kinder View Post
Probably not. Many of the other Sky3D Blu-rays are noted as region B on Amazon.uk, but are in fact region free. I can probably let you know when it comes out. Most likely I will order this.
Would you mind letting me know what specific ones you are aware of that are listed as region B, but are in fact, region free. Definitely interested in these.

Last edited by wake_me; 02-21-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_me View Post
Would you mind letting me know what specific ones you are aware of that are listed as region B, but are in fact, region free. Definitely interested in these.
I agree that'd be really helpful
Old 02-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_me View Post
specific ones you are aware of that are listed as region B, but are in fact, region free. Definitely interested in these.
Quote:
I agree that'd be really helpful
Four that I have region tested:
Kingdom of Plants 3D with David Attenborough - Regions (A & B) locked *(Blu-ray.com states it was tested "region-free").
David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive - Region-free.
Micro Monsters 3D With David Attenborough - Region-free.
Galapagos 3D with David Attenborough - Region-free.
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 02-21-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Thanks given by:
NVllyRnnr (03-08-2015)
Old 02-21-2015, 04:37 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Four that I have region tested:
Kingdom of Plants 3D with David Attenborough - Regions (A & B) locked *(Blu-ray.com states it was tested "region-free").
David Attenborough's Natural History Museum Alive - Region-free.
Micro Monsters 3D With David Attenborough - Region-free.
Galapagos 3D with David Attenborough - Region-free.
These are right. I have all of them.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:00 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

so I'd assume the box collection minus the Museum programme is region A/B encoded too.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
so I'd assume the box collection minus the Museum programme is region A/B encoded too.
Box collection? Have a specific link?

FYI: Also tested the U.S.A. edition of Flying Monsters 3D with David Attenborough and find it to be Region-free.
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)

Last edited by Paul H; 02-21-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Corrected "version" to "edition"
Old 02-22-2015, 03:10 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Quote:
LINK They are all the same discs. However at this time it appears that Amazon is out of stock so is replacing with another seller and cannot be shipped to the US.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (02-22-2015)
Old 02-22-2015, 04:24 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik kinder View Post
LINK They are all the same discs. However at this time it appears that Amazon is out of stock so is replacing with another seller and cannot be shipped to the US.
There is another different Blu-ray.com link for Amazon.co.uk David Attenborough: The 3D Collection Blu-ray that is "In Stock", and will Ship to the U.S.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:50 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
There is another different Blu-ray.com link for Amazon.co.uk David Attenborough: The 3D Collection Blu-ray that is "In Stock", and will Ship to the U.S.
tried it - no such luck - gave me a notification that my order couldn't be sent to my address - went with Zavvi instead.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Quote:
tried it - no such luck - gave me a notification that my order couldn't be sent to my address - went with Zavvi instead.
Weird, works for me. For some reason Amazon.uk and Amazon.com will list items that are identical and available from Amazon or other sellers separately. It also seems it is easier to find the ones not sold by Amazon.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #18

Mar 2008
Georgia on My Mind

Thanks to this thread & forum for that matter, ordered 'Conquest of the Skies 3D'.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDM_fan View Post
Thanks to this thread & forum for that matter, ordered 'Conquest of the Skies 3D'.
Same here.

The lower purchase price to import to the U.S. always surprises me because they (Amazon.co.uk) subtract the VAT cost from the gross retail price.

So when it cost's £14.00 for a UK customer who has free shipping, it is reduced to £11.67 for a U.S. customer import and then £3.08 is added for the international shipping charge = £14.75 total. That's only £0.75 total difference from the posted price for shipping to the U.S or a $1.15 UnitedStatesDollars to ship to my home.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

My order just shipped. Unfortunately, it seems that the international shipping has been REALLY slow lately. The last thing I ordered from Amazon UK took over two weeks, It used to take only about a week, sometimes less. The last order I placed with Amazon.de took almost a month! Could be the weather, I guess.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies