Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Cat's Eye $8.99 (21 mins left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Doctor Strange 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.96
Kubo and the Two Strings 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The LEGO Batman Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Stewardesses 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Last Reef: Cities Beneath the Sea 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Oz the Great and Powerful 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.91
Warcraft 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
300: Rise of an Empire 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Jack the Giant Slayer 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Under the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Sing 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel
United Kingdom Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning 3D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-So...8948204&sr=1-1

The above link shows that Amazon UK is releasing a 3D steelbook of Universal Soldier Day of Reckoning on 11 February 2013. I'm delighted as i loved the last US movie and i didn't even know this one was in 3D. According to a poster in the steelbook thread, it was filmed on RED 3D cameras!

The movie is released by studio canal in the UK who i believe (someone please correct me if i am wrong) have a track record of locking their releases to B.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Special Member

Aug 2011

Glad I waited!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Special Member

Apr 2012

The store I went to today had sold out on it.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #4

Mar 2008
Leek, Staffordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
According to a poster in the steelbook thread, it was filmed on RED 3D cameras!
it was, Red Epics.......it is an interesting one this as to why Sony didnt release it in the US in 3d (even though it was filmed in 3D) but have released it in 3D for the international market? Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited by BigNickUK; 01-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickUK View Post
it was, Red Epics.......it is an interesting one this as to why Sony didnt release it in the US in 3d (even though it was filmed in 3D) but have released it in 3D for the international market? Anyone have any thoughts?
Fingers crossed for strong 3D! I can't imagine why it wasn't released in 3D stateside.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #6

Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
Canada

Just finished pre ordering this. Can't wait
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #7

Oct 2011

The 3D is a mixed bag from what I saw, the movie was so bad I couldn't bring myself to finishing it. I already sold my copy.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Terrible this was overlooked for US 3D blu ray, as is the case with Sammy Turtle 3D and a few others.

Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren were great in Universal Soldier 1. If this is half as good as that one was, and the 3D is strong or medium, I'll be very interested.

Will this be Region locked from US PS3's?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #9

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Terrible this was overlooked for US 3D blu ray, as is the case with Sammy Turtle 3D and a few others.

Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren were great in Universal Soldier 1. If this is half as good as that one was, and the 3D is strong or medium, I'll be very interested.

The 3D is very strong in some shots, mostly the medium framed shots of peoples faces as they sit outside the screen and have full 1:1 dimensionality.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 AM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
The 3D is very strong in some shots, mostly the medium framed shots of peoples faces as they sit outside the screen and have full 1:1 dimensionality.
Sounds good! Thanks for the info.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:

Did you see the last one? Universal Soldier: Regeneration? It's genuinely awesome with amazingly shot action scenes, very brutal and realistic. This one has the same director, John Hyams, son of director and cinematographer Peter Hyams (End of Days, Timecop, Sudden Death). If you didn't get chance to see the last Universal Soldier, i highly recommend it!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #12

Mar 2008
Leek, Staffordshire

Quote:
Sorry dude, I am pretty sure it will be as it is a Studio Canal UK release
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
Blu-ray Archduke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Sweet. Now I don't have to pay loadsamoney for the German 3D edition. And a steelbook too! Double sweet.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011
USA
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Did you see the last one? Universal Soldier: Regeneration? It's genuinely awesome with amazingly shot action scenes, very brutal and realistic. This one has the same director, John Hyams, son of director and cinematographer Peter Hyams (End of Days, Timecop, Sudden Death). If you didn't get chance to see the last Universal Soldier, i highly recommend it!
I saw part II years ago with Van Damme in it, but never Regeneration. I was going to buy the one you mentioned, but it was too expensive back when I saw it, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal next time I see it. Thanks. This new one sounds really good also. Timecop, Sudden Death were well done, agreed.

Quote:
Sorry dude, I am pretty sure it will be as it is a Studio Canal UK release
That's a bummer. With Van Damme's recent revival in Expendables II, here's hoping the US market gets the 3D release of Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning 3D. Being filmed in 3D, nice.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #15

Oct 2011

It's been available to buy in 3D in Australia for a month now.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
Suspended

Jul 2009

Just so everyone knows, this movie blows. It's nowhere near as good as the previous film.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
Special Member

Jul 2008
SoCal, planet Earth

I enjoyed the series, but I think I'll wait until the US version is released. For some reason, I haven't have much luck on UK version region free version on my setup. I am sure it is something that I haven't switch on yet, but just the same, I'll wait for the USA release. Hope the 3D is as good as the 2D release.
Blu-ray Player/s: Sony BDP-S6200, BDP-S790, BDP-S780, BDP-S770 and BDP-S1
PS3: PlayStation 3 Console 60GB Hard Drive
Audio1 : Pioneer SC-57 (9.2)
Speakers: BOSE Acoustimass 16 Series II
Audio 2: BOSE 3𠂹 Series II DVD Home Entertainment System (which is in the whoopee room)
Video 1: Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929 55-Inch 1080p 3D LCD HDTV
Video 2: Samsung LN52B630 52 1080p LCD HDTV (which is also in the whoopee room)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
Just so everyone knows, this movie blows. It's nowhere near as good as the previous film.
What are the bad things about the movie? And are there good points? Thanks. How did you like the 3D Kryptonic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvl View Post
I enjoyed the series, but I think I'll wait until the US version is released. For some reason, I haven't have much luck on UK version region free version on my setup. I am sure it is something that I haven't switch on yet, but just the same, I'll wait for the USA release. Hope the 3D is as good as the 2D release.
I feel the same way mostly. If it doesn't work for some reason, returning it in the mail to the UK is a bit of a hassle.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #19
Suspended

Jul 2009

Quote:
What are the bad things about the movie? And are there good points? Thanks. How did you like the 3D Kryptonic?
It's not available in 3D in the U.S. I rented the BD from Redbox. The movie is ass. I don't care to waste anymore thought or time on this movie than is absolutely necessary other than to say it was awful.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #20
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
It's not available in 3D in the U.S. I rented the BD from Redbox. The movie is ass. I don't care to waste anymore thought or time on this movie than is absolutely necessary other than to say it was awful.
That bad, huh? No redeeming action scenes from the sound of it. Sometimes, for me anyway, a great action scene can save a bad movie as an action fan.

Universal Soldier 1 was great.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies