Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.95

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95

Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
$34.49

Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.77

Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$19.49
4 hrs ago
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.54

Fascination Coral Reef 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 10-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #201
Expert Member

Oct 2011
North Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydetrakd View Post
Drive Angry 3D is for the fans of pop out and its live action too. I'd honestly say that the 3d is close to the quality that Avatar offers over all i was highly impressed. The movie had a very 80s feel to it with some of the effects and it was even campy.
Just watched this last night, tons of pop outs. This movie reminds me of Piranha, in 3D they are fun watches but 2D I'm sure I'd have hated them. If you want pop outs, check out Piranha and Drive Angry.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:29 AM   #202
Special Member

Aug 2011
Earth

Not sure where it ranks on the pop out scale but I really liked the q-tip during Woody's cleaning in Toy Story 2.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #203

Nov 2011

of course " The Polar Express " The scene of the flying ticket.. in this scene the ticket appear to fly out from the train and drop slowly in the middle of the room also the ice drop scene in the beginning of the movie of " Christmas carol" seems too close to the same effect in the theater ....
but there is a thing to talk about... I suppose that the 3d pop-out effect has its Standards which control your feeling with the effect... the place you are in... the movie version you are watching... the TV size and the distance between you and the TV...
for example:
while a pop-out effect scene try to move yourself into another place in the room .. may be far from the tv enough especially if it is a big TV.. your feeling with the pop-out effect will defers from a place to another...
so there is a question: Is there a manual or standards sheet explains in a professional way the best standards for watching 3d including the best distance, etc.... !!?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #204

Nov 2009

Sammy's Adventure.. by far the best pop-out 3D disc ive seen so far
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #205
Power Member

Nov 2009
San Diego, CA

I thought the beginning scene in Yogi Bear had some great pop out -- the scene went in slow-motion, had quite a bit of popout and lasted at least a few seconds. Looked great!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #206
Special Member

Mar 2007
Denver, CO

Just picked up IMAX: Deep Sea 3D and IMAX: Under the Sea 3D. Both were some of the best 3D I have seen with many pop out moments. One of them had poisonous sea snakes swimming right out of the screen. I got a bit freaked out.
Blu Blood runs in my veins...
Old 11-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #207
Special Member

Mar 2007
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleontongue View Post
Sammy's Adventure.. by far the best pop-out 3D disc ive seen so far
Do they have this in Region A?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #208
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Tiger View Post
Do they have this in Region A?
See the Sammy thread, there is a region A available from Asia, it is well worth it!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #209

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
Besides if someone gets headaches or feels sick from any form of 3d viewing (active or passive) it's the fault of the individual not the tech.
So when I get a massive headache from the weight and flickering of Active shutter glasses, and not from passive glasses whilst watching the same 3d movie. It's some how my fault? That's one of the dumbest comments I have read online yet.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #210
Expert Member

Apr 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedaaho View Post
of course " The Polar Express " The scene of the flying ticket.. in this scene the ticket appear to fly out from the train and drop slowly in the middle of the room
Just watched this for the first time last night. Great pop outs!! Oh course my fav was the front of the train being in my living room a couple of times. I love pausing a pop out scene...... so I can just kind of fascinate over the fact that it's in my living room.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #211
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar View Post
Just watched this last night, tons of pop outs. This movie reminds me of Piranha, in 3D they are fun watches but 2D I'm sure I'd have hated them. If you want pop outs, check out Piranha and Drive Angry.
Agreed. Drive Angry was done with real 3D cameras which was nice to see. Piranha 3D had a lot of errors that were obvious, but the 3D was still really good.

From what I own:
1. Open Season 3D (A+ 3D)
2. Under the Sea 3D (A)
3. Alice in Wonderland 3D (A-, some rare parts aren't as well done)

Those are the top 3 for now IMO, from what I have in my library.

The most conservative/flat 3D I have include:
1. Tron Legacy 3D (great movie, but they were too worried about the ghosting of all the bright neons against the black, so they played it safe and disappointed.) (C rating for the 3D)
2. Don't buy many flat 3D movies if I can research enough, so no #2.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 12-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #212
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
So when I get a massive headache from the weight and flickering of Active shutter glasses, and not from passive glasses whilst watching the same 3d movie. It's some how my fault? That's one of the dumbest comments I have read online yet.
Most people have no problems at all viewing any form of 3d tech, only less than 10% of people have trouble with it, whether it be active, passive or any other type of 3d tech. Just because you can handle passive tech and not active tech, doesn't mean that it's a problem with active tech and not just your senses. Some people only experience problems with passive similar to what you do with active, so how do you explain that happening to them when it doesn't happen to you while watching passive? If the majority of people don't experience any problems with active 3d but you do, then how's it the fault of active 3d technology that you experience side effects when most others don't? For example if you get car or sea sick, it's not the car or boats fault that your body had a reaction to it, especially since most people can travel in a car or on a boat without getting sick or having any issues.

There are light weight active glasses out there which are comfortable and you don't see the flickering. What model active tv did you buy? because a lot of people who complain about problems with active bought low-mid range models, but most higher end models don't have anywhere near as many flaws. Plus the majority of people who have problems with active 3d tech are people who buy LCD tv's, active 3d tech doesn't work well with lcd/led tv's (active works great with most plasma's), but that's a problem with lcd technology not active 3d technology, because the pixel response times of led models is too slow to make active 3d tech work correctly. So because of that limitation with lcd/led tv's that is why quite a few people experience problems with crosstalk, fatigue, eye strain, headaches etc while using active 3d on lcd/led tv's.

Edit: Another factor which is very important is calibration, and I guarantee that more than half of people who experience major problems with active 3d tech would have their tv's calibrated incorrectly for viewing 3d in the conditions of their home.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One s & 360 s, Sony PS4 Pro & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote + hub

Last edited by Cevolution; 12-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #213
Special Member

Mar 2007
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
Most people have no problems at all viewing any form of 3d tech, only less than 10% of people have trouble with it, whether it be active, passive or any other type of 3d tech.
I believe that I read that eye strain and other issues are mainly limited to people with vision problems. I can watch 3 3d movies in a row with out any eye strain. My girlfriend can too, and she wears contacts.

The only people that have complained about eye strain while watching 3d at my place were poeple that wear glasses and have to wear the 3d pair over their normal glasses. Idk...
Old 12-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #214
Special Member

Mar 2007
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Do you have problems with your vision? Just curious...
Old 12-20-2011, 02:03 AM   #215
Expert Member

Apr 2011
USA

Since nobody has posted a movie on here in awhile....I am adding to my list Fright Night! Really great depth and lot's of cool pop out's. Several times there were things flying out the tv!!! It didn't get a great 3D review so I wasn't expecting much but it was kick butt 3D fun!!

Last edited by luv2shop; 12-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:22 AM   #216

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2shop View Post
Since nobody has posted a movie on here in awhile....I am adding to my list Fright Night! Really great depth and lot's of cool pop out's. Several times there were things flying out the tv!!! It didn't get a get 3D review so I wasn't expecting much but it was kick butt 3D fun!!
good to know, i need to pick that one up...already been mentioned, but i thought a christmas carol was an awesome 3D flick. lots of cool effects!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #217

Dec 2011
Default Both is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhere View Post
I think both pop-out and depth are equally important. There should always be some pop-out during a movie, not just great depth.
Watched a bit of Cousteau's 3D Ocean at BB. Narrated by a tortoise who mostly hovered in space! Great and in some cases MASSIVE depth and Pop Out. A bit hard to watch for long, but very cool. I was pleasantly surprised!

It was the LED. My PN64D8000 plasma (supposed to be even better 3D due to higher refresh rate) is due in a few days!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #218
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2shop View Post
Since nobody has posted a movie on here in awhile....I am adding to my list Fright Night! Really great depth and lot's of cool pop out's. Several times there were things flying out the tv!!! It didn't get a get 3D review so I wasn't expecting much but it was kick butt 3D fun!!
Agreed!

With the OLED chips used in the Sony HMZ-T1 headset the Fright Night 3D video quality was rendered with reference shadow detail and black levels in keeping with the displayed 2D version that was reviewed and received 4 out of 5 Video-Quality stars: Link
Quote:
Detail obviously lessens in nighttime scenes and in the film's darkest corners, but the crispness and stability that's so readily evident elsewhere remain. Colors are equally wonderful, paralleling the quality of the detailing. Bright scenes yield perfectly balanced hues, whether in the form of green grass, colorful clothing, or natural skin tones. Nighttime and dark scenes offer unwavering blacks and only occasionally border on crush. The digital photography is free of excess noise and banding. It's a little flat and almost too glossy and pristine
Paul
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 12-20-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #219

Nov 2009

No movie has better pop-outs then Sammy's Adventures: The Secret Passage
Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 AM   #220

Dec 2011
Default burn 3d movies

anybody please help me in burning 3d movies..i have a 3d movie in side by side mkv formet and and i tried to burn in 8.5gb double layer dvd it doesnt work.anybody help me what misatke i made and how to burn real 3d movies is HD quality.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies