Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.00
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage

Old 06-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Default Anyone notice that Outback Steakhouse's portions are getting significantly smaller?

For the past couple of years, I noticed that Outback Steakhouse's portions are getting significantly smaller. I just order barbecue chicken with french fries and get this tiny little plate of food. I'm a slim guy... I'm 5'10 1/2" and weight 150 lbs and I'm literally still hungry after I eat a meal there. Now, if their portions are too small for me, I can only imagine how small it would be for bigger guys. I notice they list the calories on their menus now, so I assume their small portions are due to health reasons. But come on, aren't they overdoing it just a tad bit? And their prices are going up too, so you're paying more for less food.

I used to love Outback, especially when my family and I go out to eat for a celebration. But lately, it's been going downhill because of this.

So, is it just me or does anyone else notice that Outback Steakhouse's portions are getting significantly smaller?
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
Old 06-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #2
Trading Moderator

Sep 2008
Оранге Цоунти, Ца

I never did like Outback. I rather go to TGIF or Chilies
MMMMM!! I love the smell of brand new slipcovers!!!

Trade Forum

Collectibles and Limited Editions
Old 06-21-2014, 04:40 AM   #3
Banned

Aug 2011

I've only eaten there twice in Minnesota this past December (we don't have them in my area) and I was satisfied with the portions. The food could've been better though.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:45 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Agreed. Outback is overrated.
BIG Pittsburgh Penguins and Chloe Grace Moretz fan!
Old 06-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

I'll agree, some locations do serve smaller portions it seems, and some locations are also less than desirable as well. I think a lot of it has to do with management.
"Since sound and music perception is entirely imaginary (you can't touch or photograph a musical image), what and how we hear is formed only in our brains and is not measurable. "
Old 06-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post
I'll agree, some locations do serve smaller portions it seems, and some locations are also less than desirable as well. I think a lot of it has to do with management.
+1

being a former restaurant manager, i can tell you that not all managers follow the portion rule just so they can make the bottom line look better on their p&l (profit & loss statement).
Will Disney ever release Old Yeller and Big Red on blu-ray?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Beautiful Tragic View Post
Agreed. Outback is overrated.
not sure what ratings you are going by lol... Outback is ok. not bad for a chain but certainly not a high end steakhouse.

I havent been in a while but will take note of the portion size next time i do visit.
Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about. ~WiLLy WonKa~

PSN - Lacit
Old 06-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

This is why we frequent Texas Roadhouse now. They still understand that a steakhouse should encourage excess. (for a chain, of course local joints are always king)
"I'll be in my bunk."
Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Holbrook, NY

They are getting smaller and they are as expensive as ever now...dont think I will be visiting there much in the future, maybe just for real special occasions...I will be cooking for my family way more than usual this summer and avoiding the restaurants...getting way too expensive for me nowadays...
Old 06-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #10
Expert Member

Jun 2014
under a pile of bluray's
Default omg I am not the only person who thinks this

My wife and I got a 25 dollar gift card to outback for Christmas so we went to outback in Nashville in February. Can't remember what my wife ordered but I ordered a steak and MY GOD! I was done in like less than 5 mins my wife looks across the table with a on her face. Said to her seriously 15 dollars for that!!! Needless to say we will never go to outback again.. what a joke
(the camp is watching The Moon is Blue)
Hawkeye: I'm outraged! It's a disgrace. I've never seen a cleaner movie in my life.
BJ: There was more filth and dirt in this morning's breakfast.
Father Mulcahy: Well, one of the actors did say "virgin."
Hawkeye: That's because everyone was
Old 07-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
Expert Member

Dec 2010
Germany

Quote:
Men's Health magazine condemned Outback's Aussie Cheese Fries as "The Worst Food in America," with 182 grams (1,638 calories) of fat and nearly 3,000 calories per order.

Never been to any Outback restaurants but from what I read they (used to?) provide the fatty goods ...

Quote:
Outback has now added a "light style" option to the menu. This option is designed to prepare meals under 500 calories by carefully proportioning out sides and preparing the meals without butter and added fats and salt.
Blu Wish List: The Legend of Boggy Creek ('72) Eyes of Laura Mars ('78) The Manitou ('78) Prophecy ('79) Beyond Evil ('80) Foxes ('80) The Hearse ('80) Wolfen ('81) The Sender ('82) Sole Survivor ('83) Nightmare Weekend ('84) Boggy Creek II: And the Legend Continues ('85) Fever Pitch ('85) Outrageous Fortune ('87) After Midnight ('89) Crack House ('89) The House on Tombstone Hill ('89) Spirit of '76 ('90) Campfire Tales ('97) Heaven ('98) Psycho Beach Party ('00)
Old 07-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dame View Post

Never been to any Outback restaurants but from what I read they (used to?) provide the fatty goods ...
pffffft, Mens health never visited claim jumper then... they'd put outback to shame calorie wise
Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 AM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
pffffft, Mens health never visited claim jumper then... they'd put outback to shame calorie wise
Oh hell yeah!
"Since sound and music perception is entirely imaginary (you can't touch or photograph a musical image), what and how we hear is formed only in our brains and is not measurable. "
Old 07-07-2014, 03:27 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
not sure what ratings you are going by lol... Outback is ok. not bad for a chain but certainly not a high end steakhouse.

I havent been in a while but will take note of the portion size next time i do visit.
As far as chain steakhouses go, I think Outback is overrated. Their food is just ok and they're pretty expensive for the amount of food they give you. I like Texas Roadhouse a lot more.
BIG Pittsburgh Penguins and Chloe Grace Moretz fan!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:57 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Quote:
As far as chain steakhouses go, I think Outback is overrated. Their food is just ok and they're pretty expensive for the amount of food they give you. I like Texas Roadhouse a lot more.
Outback used to be the place to go for a quick steak. Now Texas Roadhouse owns them!!!
Front Sound Stage: Clearwave Dynamics LCR Surround Sound: 4*AV 123 X-LS Encore, LFE: 2*JBL W15GTI Subwoofers,
Primary Display: Sharp LC-70C6400U Secondary Display: Mitsubishi HC6800
Power Protection:
APC AV S20BLK AVP: ??????????????
AMP: Sherbourn PA 7-350
Old 07-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
yea, i dont really have any chain steak places by me except outback... but, from what ive been to, Longhorn and another i cant remember the name is better...
Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about. ~WiLLy WonKa~

PSN - Lacit
Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

Quote:
Gross!! I'll take Captial Grille and Ruth's Chris all day every day over any other chain steakhouse.
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

Jets 2-8 (It's going to be a real long season)

It pays to pay it forward. PM me to learn how to do it with UV and iTunes codes!!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:13 AM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruswarrior View Post
Gross!! I'll take Captial Grille and Ruth's Chris all day every day over any other chain steakhouse.
You can't compare highend places like Capital Grille and Ruth's Chris to an Outback or Texas Roadhouse.
Falcons: 4-6 (NFC South leader!) | Mercer: 6-5 (1-5) | Georgia Tech: 9-2 (6-2) | BDs For Sale/Trade | PSN: ArsSycro | XBone: Ars Sycro
Thanks given by:
Billy13 (07-23-2014), xander (07-25-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
I don't know. I think TGIF has such limited selections of food. Can't seem to find anything I like over there.
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
Old 07-25-2014, 02:55 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
I don't know. I think TGIF has such limited selections of food. Can't seem to find anything I like over there.
I agree. Their Jack Daniels items seemed to be their focus and I never liked that glaze. Their green bean fries were the jam though.
"I'll be in my bunk."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Food and Beverage