Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Peterborough, U.K
Default Buster Keaton Shorts Collection s - Lost Keaton 3/20/12 Reviews

Lost Keaton: Sixteen Comedy Shorts Blu-ray pre-order march 20, 2012

Lost Keaton: Sixteen Comedy Shorts Blu-ray Review

Buster Keaton Short Films Collection Blu-ray

Buster Keaton Short Films Collection Blu-ray Review

i am so looking forward to this. kino have done wonders on their keaton releases so far. i really love his short films and i expected to have to wait untill they had released all of his feature length films first. roll on july.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 03-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Power Member

May 2011

I actually called KINO the other day to see if someone there would spill the beans on what Keaton feature is next on blu. No luck. Oh well....didn't hurt to try. Can't wait for these short films though.

It's funny, I LOVE all the Keaton silent features except one.....THREE AGES. That's the only one to me that really wasn't funny at all.

Personally, I hope SEVEN CHANCES is next!!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
Power Member

Mar 2010

I hope its The Navigator! I have a feeling they are all coming followed by a eventual boxset like they have for DVD.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
It's funny, I LOVE all the Keaton silent features except one.....THREE AGES. That's the only one to me that really wasn't funny at all.

Personally, I hope SEVEN CHANCES is next!!
No, Three Ages was funny for the Caveman segment (and for the fact that it was one big parody on the bloated "Intolerance"), it's "College" that was a a thin cousin of Harold Lloyd.
And Our Hospitality and 7C just turned up on Instant Netflix, so it's very possible we've got Chances coming up.

(Okay, key question: Does this include "Cops", which was supposed to be on the Sherlock Jr. disk?)
Old 05-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Peterborough, U.K

I was hoping for college next but I'm happy with whatever one they choose to do next. Anyone else slightly annoyed the general didn't get a slip cover when all the others have so far. I still can't believe how quick these seem to be coming out. The more the better though (as long as the same love and care goes into each release).
Old 05-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Power Member

May 2011

TCM (Not KINO) holds the rights to CAMERAMAN and SPITE MARRIAGE, right? Any chance we'll see those in the near future? I love both of those as well.

-HB73
Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #7

Nov 2010

My copy shipped from Amazon late last night or early this morning. I just saw the price went from 36 to 28!! Nice...hopefully Amazon will credit my account??
Good Show!

Last edited by Boob-Ray; 07-13-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
Banned

Mar 2011

They're normally pretty cool with that but you'll have to go through the sometimes tedious process of having a chat with one of their employees.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #9

Nov 2010

Yeah, sometimes they're on it. Other times, frankly, I wonder if I didn't follow up with them to "remind them" to follow through on their pre-order price guarantee if they just wouldn't try to pull one over on me.

Good Show!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #10

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
The only Keaton films I've seen so far are the ones released on blu-ray and that's my least favorite too. I think in part it may be because it looks the worst of them all by far (I wonder if the source was a ragged 16mm print or what).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boob-Ray View Post
My copy shipped from Amazon late last night or early this morning. I just saw the price went from 36 to 28!! Nice...hopefully Amazon will created my account??
I'm in the same situation. They didn't update the price on my order. Sent them an e-mail, waiting for the reply.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #11

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaguir View Post
I'm in the same situation. They didn't update the price on my order. Sent them an e-mail, waiting for the reply.
Just tried "Chatting" with Amazon about this. No dice. Email sent....

EDIT: Got tired of waiting and called. They gave me the credit, but I'll have to use it on my next order. That's fine, but quite strange. I guess you really gotta watch Amazon pre-orders now. Their systems are not communicating with each other. Always check your invoices!! This is the second time this has happened to me...and I haven't Pre-Ordered that much. Once? Fine...just a glitch. Twice? They got problems.

Not only that, but they don't have something like the nice Price History feature that's readily available here on Blu-ray.com, which allows you to see the historical pricing info on a particular title. I find that very odd. This title clearly dipped to 28.99 for a day. If I wasn't so OCD and impatient with my orders -- I would have never known! I may cancel all my Pre-Orders set for this September and just wait for good prices. I don't know...
Good Show!

Last edited by Boob-Ray; 07-13-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:

EDIT: Got tired of waiting and called. They gave me the credit, but I'll have to use it on my next order. That's fine, but quite strange. I guess you really gotta watch Amazon pre-orders now. Their systems are not communicating with each other. Always check your invoices!! This is the second time this has happened to me...and I haven't Pre-Ordered that much. Once? Fine...just a glitch. Twice? They got problems.

Not only that, but they don't have something like the nice Price History feature that's readily available here on Blu-ray.com, which allows you to see the historical pricing info on a particular title. I find that very odd. This title clearly dipped to 28.99 for a day. If I wasn't so OCD and impatient with my orders -- I would have never known! I may cancel all my Pre-Orders set for this September and just wait for good prices. I don't know...
I'm with you on that one, bro! I don't see what the benefit is anymore of pre-ordering at Amazon.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #13

Jul 2009

Quote:

I understand you, I have kind of the same feelings. Now I only pre-order stuff that has an agreeable price (something I don't mind paying) to begin with. The rest I wait. But I try to pre-order everything I can. I like to show my support for old movies. Waiting for sales you don't do that, and I want them to keep releasing titles.

A clueless Customer Service guy answered my mail rejecting my claim because the price is back to $37 again (I didn't know they couldn't check the price history and now at least it makes sense). But I got the refund anyway. I also got one of those "your saving" mails you get when they ship you some item you pre-ordered and later the price came down. At least somebody got it right (maybe it's because I tried to cancel while "shipping soon" and wrote the reason for it? I don't think so but I don't know).
Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 AM   #14

Aug 2009
London, Ontario, Canada
Send a message via ICQ to GuyOfOwnage Send a message via AIM to GuyOfOwnage Send a message via MSN to GuyOfOwnage Send a message via Yahoo to GuyOfOwnage

For anyone who's interested, the review is now up on the main page.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #15

Jun 2011
Bangkok, Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOfOwnage View Post
For anyone who's interested, the review is now up on the main page.

I looked for this when the price was under $30, but now it appears when the price is back up. I will wait to buy until it drops back to its low again.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

FYI, keep an eye out for when Borders does another 40-50% off coupon, which will knock this down quite a bit in price. That's how I got mine.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalek View Post
Borders is literally on the verge of liquidating their stock and going out of business, so you may not need to wait for a coupon.
It won't work that way. Some of the stock will be sent back to the distributors, who are among the biggest creditors. The rest of the stock will be sold to a liquidator, just as with Circuit City or Tower Records. And even though they'll be advertisements claiming that the stock is from 30% to 70% off, the prices will be quite high, although people will pick the stock apart anyway thinking that the prices are good. At least that's what I've almost always seen in the past.

When Tower went under, I was only able to get a very few bargains and I think those were accidental, caused my mis-priced merchandise. When HMV went under, I thought I could pick up some nice boxed sets that I had always wanted, but again, they were still over-priced. When Circuit City went under, I thought I might be able to pick up a high-end TV cheaply, but the reality was that they were charging hundreds of $$$ more than a place like J&R (in NYC) was charging every day. I actually stopped someone from buying a TV when I showed them that the price at J&R and B&H was far less than this supposed "going out of business" sale.
loose="not tight", lose="can't find it, doesn't have anymore" or the opposite of "win".
their="belongs to", there="place", they're="they are", there's = "there is"
it's="it is", for everything else use "its"
then="after", than="compared with"
"a lot" not "alot"

A Guide to Spelling and Punctuation

Last edited by ZoetMB; 07-18-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #18

Jun 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalek View Post
It's $26.70 from DVD Planet right now, before shipping.
Thank you very much. I will have to check them out again. I lost touch after they changed many years ago from being a laserdisc dealer.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #19

Jul 2009

What do you think of this? (from the review):

"As a kind of experiment, though, Kino has also provided "digitally enhanced" alternate versions of The High Sign, The Boat, Cops, and The Balloonatic. Here's the disclaimer that appears before these enhanced versions:

"Generally, Kino International does not apply digital noise-reduction processes to films that show wear, as it subtly undermines the integrity of the image. For the sake of comparison—and for those who prefer a more "polished" look—we are pleased to present this film in an alternate, digitally- enhanced version."
"

Why would they do that? It's just plain weird to me. Have they taken on educating the public? or is it a bad sign of things to come?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #20

Aug 2011

I just got it for $29 from Amazon. I hope the shorts are as good as Charlie Chaplin's Mutual shorts.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America