Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Last Supper (Blu-ray)
$13.29
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
jdw89 jdw89 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
jdw89's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
California
52
907
237
100
Default Blu-ray Storage?

What is the cheapest most economical way to store your BD's?
TV: Panasonic TC-P42S60.
VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar
PSN ID: beatlemania63
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
MasterChief3624 MasterChief3624 is offline
Special Member
 
MasterChief3624's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Default

I would assume buying your Blu-rays in their standard cases, not replacing the cases, and just letting them pile up in stacks around your living space. That's the cheapest way to store your Blu-rays, since it requires no extra investment!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
MattvonSyborg MattvonSyborg is offline
Active Member
 
MattvonSyborg's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Sweden
17
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw89 View Post
What is the cheapest most economical way to store your BD's?
This is PS2 games, but it works for Blus too:
It doesn't get any cheaper!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
jdw89 jdw89 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
jdw89's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
California
52
907
237
100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattvonSyborg View Post
This is PS2 games, but it works for Blus too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jt-Y7xN3qg
It doesn't get any cheaper!
I could never do that.
TV: Panasonic TC-P42S60.
VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar
PSN ID: beatlemania63
Minnesota Vikings Fan
UV Codes For Sale!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
MasterChief3624 MasterChief3624 is offline
Special Member
 
MasterChief3624's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattvonSyborg View Post
This is PS2 games, but it works for Blus too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jt-Y7xN3qg
It doesn't get any cheaper!
Fun drinking game that will send you to the hospital: take a shot every time he says "Classic."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
blonde_devil blonde_devil is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Fun drinking game that will send you to the hospital: take a shot every time he says "Classic."
Since Smackdown is the game on the preview, shouldn't he have said "Vintage"? When did the early Smackdown games become classic? I think I have the first 3 sitting at home on a shelf somewhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
TripleHBK TripleHBK is offline
Special Member
 
TripleHBK's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE
631
283
6
Default



Sauder Multimedia Storage Tower

Comes in a few colors, is available at Amazon for $35 or Wal-Mart for $20, and holds around 300 Blu rays. I own 5 of these myself. 3 for movies, 2 for Video Games. You won't find a cheaper/sturdier alternative for this cheap anywhere.
Wanted To Buy:
-Disney's Treasure Planet Slip Cover
-Disney's Tangled 3D Lenticular Slip Cover
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
313
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
[Show spoiler]


Sauder Multimedia Storage Tower

Comes in a few colors, is available at Amazon for $35 or Wal-Mart for $20, and holds around 300 Blu rays. I own 5 of these myself. 3 for movies, 2 for Video Games. You won't find a cheaper/sturdier alternative for this cheap anywhere.
That is pretty cheap, and the reviews for it are pretty good. Thanks for the heads-up, I might have to pick one up
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
HyperRealist HyperRealist is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
HyperRealist's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
PA
101
96
1
45
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
313
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRealist View Post
Dude...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
HyperRealist HyperRealist is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
HyperRealist's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
PA
101
96
1
45
Default

Here are some more. Those pics are maybe 1/3 of them.

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->88 SteelBooks™--------->127 UV-------->265
39
1664
127
131
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw89 View Post
What is the cheapest most economical way to store your BD's?
I use shelving units that are made specifically for BD storage as seen below.


  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
GreenGaijin GreenGaijin is offline
Special Member
 
GreenGaijin's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
532
249
12
Default

I've seen people use planks of wood and cider blocks for shelving, but that just looks... anti-classy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
313
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGaijin View Post
I've seen people use planks of wood and cider blocks for shelving, but that just looks... anti-classy.
The key to classiness is painting the cinder blocks
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #15
kauai kauai is offline
Member
 
kauai's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
1286
1572
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRealist View Post
This is a representation of the state of a good amount of my BD collection as well. I too need to figure out how to store my discs (both blu-ray and DVD). I'm hoping that my local Walmart has the shelving discussed earlier, but with it only holding 300 I'm going to need several...not sure where I'm going to put them all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Jutty Jutty is offline
Special Member
 
Jutty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Beaufort SC (British Expat)
595
17
7
Default

That sauder isnt too bad at all,little small though... currently i have one of these :
http://www.walmart.com/ip/17325937?w...496030&veh=sem
Nearly full, so now either gonna buy a second tower or maybe build a custom one...
LG 47LW5600 (3D) (main room)
Energy take classic 5.0
Phillips 42" Full 1080p HDTV (bed room)
Panasonic BDT220 (3D)
Sony BD S350
Insignia NS BRDVD4 (Region Free)
Denon AVR 1612
Xbox 360...(2 of them with the kinect)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
kauai kauai is offline
Member
 
kauai's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
1286
1572
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutty View Post
That sauder isnt too bad at all,little small though... currently i have one of these :
http://www.walmart.com/ip/17325937?w...496030&veh=sem
Nearly full, so now either gonna buy a second tower or maybe build a custom one...
Wow, that's a great one. Too bad it's not at my local store, and it would cost me $72.67 for shipping alone! Ugh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #18
MasterChief3624 MasterChief3624 is offline
Special Member
 
MasterChief3624's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauai View Post
This is a representation of the state of a good amount of my BD collection as well. I too need to figure out how to store my discs (both blu-ray and DVD). I'm hoping that my local Walmart has the shelving discussed earlier, but with it only holding 300 I'm going to need several...not sure where I'm going to put them all.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one, either. I don't have a pile like that, but if you separated the stacks out and placed them single file along the wall, that's likely what my collection looks like, perhaps significantly less than that, though
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #19
GreenGaijin GreenGaijin is offline
Special Member
 
GreenGaijin's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
532
249
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
The key to classiness is painting the cinder blocks
Anybody know where I can buy wood paint?
Well, I suppose if it was all black, that would do the trick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #20
remake remake is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2011
42
160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
[Show spoiler]

Sauder Multimedia Storage Tower

Comes in a few colors, is available at Amazon for $35 or Wal-Mart for $20, and holds around 300 Blu rays. I own 5 of these myself. 3 for movies, 2 for Video Games. You won't find a cheaper/sturdier alternative for this cheap anywhere.
It's $35 online? I have one this size but a lighter color and it's full. I wish Walmart would carry these in stores.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 PM.