Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Life (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
King of Hearts (Blu-ray)
$16.56
2 hrs ago
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$17.24
4 hrs ago
Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Big Country (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Grease 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Equalizer 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.08
2 hrs ago
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Martian Chronicles (Blu-ray)
$25.66

The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Expert Member

Jul 2009
Warner Bros Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season Five (2012-2013)

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has established a replacement program for consumers encountering audio and other quality issues with Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Complete Season 5. The replacement is also available to those who purchased the Seasons 1-5 Collector's Edition who are seeking resolution to these same issues.

To receive a replacement disc, simply call Warner Home Video's customer service help line at 1-800-553-6937 and speak with a live representative. Discs 1 & 2 are eligible for the replacement program, although some members are reporting that only Disc 2 is initially being offered; further discussion with a customer service rep is reportedly required to successfully receive both discs.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Complete Season Five Blu-ray

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Blu-ray

As originally reported by RebelForce Radio, the fifth and final Season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be released on Blu-Ray on October 15, 2013. Unfortunately, it will NOT contain any of the bonus episodes originally planned for season six. The cover will feature Obi-Wan in his Death Watch gear.

Special features:
-Jedi Temple Archives (same as previous seasons).
-3-6 minute video commentaries on each episode.
-Director's Cuts of two episodes.

A collectors box with all five seasons will also come out and will include a book.

Here is the official announcement:

http://starwars.com/news/swce-2013-s...this-fall.html

Quote:
Just announced at Star Wars Celebration Europe: the Star Wars: The Clone Wars box sets you're looking for.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Five, the final season of the hit series, will release on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (2-disc, $59.97 MSRP) and DVD (3-disc, $49.98 MSRP). The collection delivers all 20 episodes, two as director's cuts never seen on TV, and supplements them with a host of behind the scenes bonus materials, cast and crew interviews, and deleted and alternate scenes, revealing the magic behind the making of the cutting-edge series.

In its Emmy-winning fifth season, the gripping Star Wars story moves closer to the grim events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and several major players face their destinies as the galaxy plunges into darkness. Planets are rocked by revolution, ancient Jedi secrets are explored, and Ahsoka Tano -- the spirited Padawan so central to the series -- faces a major crisis that will change her forever.

For those wanting to relive every moment of the epic series from the beginning comes the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-5 Collector's Edition, also releasing on October 15, 2013, on Blu-ray (14-disc, $149.99 MSRP) and DVD (19-disc, $119.98 MSRP). All previous complete season sets have been collected here for the first time. With unique packaging, the Collector's Edition also includes a brand new 54-page Art of The Clone Wars booklet that showcases concept art from across all five seasons, with many pieces never before published.

I hope this isn't final because it's hideous, but here is a look at the box set:

Official Trailer:

Last edited by Scottie; 01-24-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Power Member

Aug 2010

Sweet!! I'll definitely pre-order it once it's available for pre-order.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008
Wakanda

I have never seen any of these but am interested.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

From Warner Bros. no less?

I myself only have Season 1 on Blu-ray so I might consider getting this (when I have enough birthday money).
Old 07-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™ (164)

Cool! I still need to get Season 4, too.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
Expert Member

May 2010
Boston, MA

I'm excited for the new show, but I just wish Clone Wars had been allowed to wrap up properly. The
[Show spoiler]Anakin/Asohka
stuff I thought was good enough for an ending, but I always hoped the show would end where Revenge of the Sith begins, with Palpatine's plot to kidnap himself. I'm also dying to know what the heck happened
[Show spoiler]to Darth Maul!! Perhaps he's not dead and we'll see him in the show, or even the new trilogy? (if his species lives long enough)
Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
Expert Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambaldi47 View Post
I'm excited for the new show, but I just wish Clone Wars had been allowed to wrap up properly. The
[Show spoiler]Anakin/Asohka
stuff I thought was good enough for an ending, but I always hoped the show would end where Revenge of the Sith begins, with Palpatine's plot to kidnap himself. I'm also dying to know what the heck happened
[Show spoiler]to Darth Maul!! Perhaps he's not dead and we'll see him in the show, or even the new trilogy? (if his species lives long enough)
Hopefully they announce what they are doing with the bonus episodes soon. I doubt it will provide a real proper ending since they obviously had a lot planned after what was actually produced.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #8

Oct 2011

So excited for this release! Have been waiting for a date release for a while now. Hopefully they'll release the "bonus episodes" as a complete set on bluray for a cheaper price later.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Great news! Can't wait to add this to my collection!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

Am I missing something? is Season 5 it? it is over? damn I hope not this was a cool little series.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore
-

YES! What a relief! I was afraid this will not see the light of day after the acquisition from Disney.

So imagine my surprise when I see this is still handled by Warner Bros. Thank God!
Never mind the missing Season Six content. I just need to get my hands on Season Five Blu-ray first. I can't wait to relieve some of the very best Star Wars The Clone Wars episodes in HD!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2008
NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
Am I missing something? is Season 5 it? it is over? damn I hope not this was a cool little series.
I believe they had planned 6 seasons, but Disney cancelled the series after Season 5 probably just so they could relaunch Star Wars their own way. I believe there are still plans to release some of the season 6 material, but nothing definite yet.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
Power Member

Aug 2010

There's no pre order up on Amazon yet? I looked and couldn't find any, but I suppose I could've just missed it lol
Old 07-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #14
Expert Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
There's no pre order up on Amazon yet? I looked and couldn't find any, but I suppose I could've just missed it lol
The official announcement was today so it should be up very soon.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #15
Special Member

Jan 2008
New York City
Default Not sweet!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Sweet!! I'll definitely pre-order it once it's available for pre-order.

What about the last eps from season 6?????
Old 07-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #16

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong73 View Post

What about the last eps from season 6?????
They said on the panel today Disney is still figuring out how to distribute it.

The episodes could also have unfinished animations.

Disney should have finished season 6, the more and more I hear about this bonus content, the more I don't like it.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
Expert Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgigs View Post
They said on the panel today Disney is still figuring out how to distribute it.

The episodes could also have unfinished animations.

Disney should have finished season 6, the more and more I hear about this bonus content, the more I don't like it.
Ouch. That could explain the deceptive wording of "bonus content" instead of something like "unaired episodes".
Old 07-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore
-

Maybe, just maybe, BD Live downloadable?
Old 07-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #19

Aug 2011

Was it ever mentioned officially why Disney was so abrupt with pulling the plug on this series?

I can understand ceasing production on S6, but to not even allow the creators to finish up some core episodes that would complete ongoing story-lines seems like a cold approach to long-time fans of the show.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

I think the fact that this thing is still released by Warner explains why Disney is scrapping the show in favor of the new one set between III and IV. Lets say Warner has something like a 10-year deal to distribute Clone Wars on video and air it on its networks? What does Disney do? They simply create a "new" show using the same crew. You can probably even use 90% of the unused Clone Wars scripts with only minor rewrites.
Thanks given by:
shdl83 (10-22-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America