COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Flatliners (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$7.79
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Anaconda (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Hidden Kingdoms (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Tropic Thunder (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Sin City (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Battleship (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Wolverine (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #21

Jan 2010
Freehold, NJ

I'm pissed that only the 3d version has the bonus disc. I can understand if they don't want to include a dvd or digital copy in the 2d version, but don't exclude the special feature disc. I have no interest in 3d tvs, movies, games, ect., as I feel it is extremely flawed and overpriced. And I don't want to buy any 3d versions because I'm not going to pay more money for something I don't want and I don't want to support this technology. I say wait to get 2d Blu-ray accepted in the majority of homes before you start making them obsolete already. I don't mind (and actually comes in handy) the combo packs with DVDs and DC because they don't cost any extra money, where as the 3D Bd does.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie (I rank it 3rd favorite out of the 4) and since I get every disney film, I will buy this day 1 (with the wonderful disney coupon) and I will be purchasing the 1d version

Last edited by sskclickgeneral; 06-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
In the Southern Isles
USA

Will the 3D edition really be limited, though?
I can't handle any more Zavvi exclusive SteelBooks.

Setup:
40" Samsung Smart 3D TV D6100
5.1 Samsung 3D Home Theater D5530
Original PlayStation 3 160GB
Old 06-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #23
Banned

Mar 2009
30 Years From Now

cant wait to pick this up for only like $13 hopefully with a coupon glad i waited for the blu seems so quick to release.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
Expert Member

Jun 2010
Homestead, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenostalgia23 View Post
I've been really disappointed with Disney later extras wise. Tge lag three Pirates films had all of their extras spanning two blu-rays. This film, Tron: Legacy and Tangled all had extremely few extras. I feel like I went through them all within an hour, whereas I remember spending entire days with disney's Pizarro releases and their exceptional extras.

Most of these extras don't sound that enticing, and while Disney markets them as 5 disc versions... It's just 5 versions of the same film with forty minutes of extras on one of the discs.

Although, maybe there's a lot of features on Second Screen. I know Disney has basically abandoned BD live except for their catalog titles like Fantasia, which is disappointing because that basically means no new features
Actually, if look at the description for the 3D edition, it says it contains a bonus disc of supplements just like the other three Pirates films do. While I don't think it's fair that Disney's making people who want the bonus disc buy the 3D edition, I'm still happy we're getting one, period. I believe this is the first time since The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian back in 2008 that Disney's created a bonus disc for a live-action film.

The treasure chest is mighty tempting, but I've already got the Best Buy boxed set designed to look like the Pirates' Code book. Plus, a fifth one is almost surely coming since the script for it was just recently turned in to Disney.
"Mustard?! Don't let's be silly!"
Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #25

May 2011
Tempe, AZ
Send a message via Skype™ to Faint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
I'd buy that 3D disc from you since you care more about the most idiotic type of disc known to home media, Digital Copy. Why are you even buying Blu-ray when you care more about this format? You could stop wasting your time and buy it from an online source instead of buying Blu-rays.

I wish there were a release which only featured the 3D Blu-ray and the regular Blu-ray, no DVD or Digital Copy nonsense.
Whoa dude, I care most about the blu-ray disc, I just like having a digital copy. Don't assume that the digital copy is all I care about, cause like right now, you'll be wrong. Besides why would I care about a 3D disc when I don't have a 3D television?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Pequannock, NJ

Whats the diff between the (2) 2 disk versions ?
"What are you people....on dope ?"
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

I felt it the worst in the series and I'll definitely skip the BD.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
Whats the diff between the (2) 2 disk versions ?
One is in a dvd sized case and one is in a blu sized case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #29

Aug 2010
Vancouver, BC

I liked this one better than Dead Man's Chest. Probably equal to Worlds End. I'll pick up the 2D BD eventually. Right away if there's a coupon.

I did love that the storyline was much less convoluted. If only that horrible mermaid love plot wasn't there, i'd like it a lot more.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #30
Special Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

So you have to buy the 5-disc set to get all the special features? That's lame. I hate how they split up the special features like that.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vancouver Canucks fan till the day I die! The Cup WILL be ours very soon! Better believe it! Choke on it, haters!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD/Bluray collection: http://beefmaster10000.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1

Last edited by GP Legend; 06-06-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 AM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
So you have to buyt the 5-disc set to get all the special features? That's lame. I hate how they split up the special features like that.
Ya..it's starting to irritate me as well but you have to give Disney credit for their smart marketing tactics.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" -- President Merkin Muffley/Dr. Strangelove

55" VIZIO 3D Razor LED M3D550KD
Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2/ Pioneer Center SP-C21
Panasonic DMP-BDT210 3D Blu-ray ~ LG BD 370~ PS3 ~ FAT
DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Old 06-06-2011, 02:17 AM   #32

Jan 2009

ba i just picked up the trilogy in the pirates code book set that was released a few months back.

Now i have to debate whether i want to just buy the slipcover version and have it look out of place on my shelf, sell the code book and buy the chest, or sell the code book and just own all 4 with matching slips.
Recent Purchases:

Rush
The Way Way Back
Thor: The Dark World steel
Vikings: Season One
Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
NJ, USA

The way I see it, the first three was a trilogy and they belong in their own set. This newer one was an inferior spin-off.

I'm a bit irked that the bigger 5-disc set includes a bonus disc that won't be on the smaller 2-disc release.

I just ordered the trilogy from Amazon yesterday for that bonus disc with an hour of never-before-released deleted scenes. The description for the limited edition 4-movie set seems to suggest it'll include even more deleted scenes from the first three movies that haven't been released?

Last edited by Rizor; 06-06-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #34

Jun 2011
Perth West Australia

Will definitely pick this up.
Frank.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:11 AM   #35
Special Member

Apr 2008

Even more lost deleted scenes?

and a short film?

God damn it
Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 AM   #36

Dec 2010
USA

I'm really diggin' this chest set. Although, it hasn't been that long since I got the special "book" set from Best buy...It'd be pretty crazy to drop $110 for a set I already basically own 3/4 of....

[Show spoiler]Still want it though.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore Lord View Post
I'm really diggin' this chest set. Although, it hasn't been that long since I got the special "book" set from Best buy...It'd be pretty crazy to drop $110 for a set I already basically own 3/4 of....

[Show spoiler]Still want it though.
keep in mind thats MSRP. I bet you find it on sale for $80 or so.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 06-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
I liked this one better than Dead Man's Chest. Probably equal to Worlds End. I'll pick up the 2D BD eventually. Right away if there's a coupon.

I did love that the storyline was much less convoluted. If only that horrible mermaid love plot wasn't there, i'd like it a lot more.
I did feel that way myself about the storyline except I don't know how much more I may have liked it really if that specific plot you mentioned was eliminated.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #39
Special Member

Apr 2009
Minnesota

Little disappointed if those are the actual covers they go with.

While the 5 disc and DVD+BD combo are similar to the recent re-releases their still somewhat inconsistent with the banner (the 3 re-releases were a bit more roughed up and jagged, not a straight line) and the BD+DVD doesn't match at all.

Usually don't really care about cover art all that much, but when the first 3 in a series all share the same format, I'd like to see the pattern continue.
Have Questions about Disney Movie Club?
- Check out the DMC Thread with FAQ and List of Titles.

Curious if Disney title <___> ever got a DMR or Amazon Coupon?
- Check out the List of Amazon & DMR Disney Coupons plus Price Tracking thread.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

I hope someone's gonna do a custom cover for the 3D Blu-ray along with Blu-ray excluding the DVD and Digital Copy crap.
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter.
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America