COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Blob (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Stoker (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Moms' Night Out (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$15.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 AM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmeran View Post
Little disappointed if those are the actual covers they go with.

While the 5 disc and DVD+BD combo are similar to the recent re-releases their still somewhat inconsistent with the banner (the 3 re-releases were a bit more roughed up and jagged, not a straight line) and the BD+DVD doesn't match at all.

Usually don't really care about cover art all that much, but when the first 3 in a series all share the same format, I'd like to see the pattern continue.
Pretty sure that's gonna be it. I took another survey a few weeks back where they presented different options for the cover art to get feedback. Some of them were just plain UG-LY. Be happy they chose these
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 06-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #42
Special Member

Apr 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
Pretty sure that's gonna be it. I took another survey a few weeks back where they presented different options for the cover art to get feedback. Some of them were just plain UG-LY. Be happy they chose these
Guess I'll just have to hope Scorpion Soldier completes his custom covers and deal with the slipcovers being off --- hopefully they at least match the spine!
Have Questions about Disney Movie Club?
- Check out the DMC Thread with FAQ and List of Titles.

Curious if Disney title <___> ever got a DMR or Amazon Coupon?
- Check out the List of Amazon & DMR Disney Coupons plus Price Tracking thread.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008

This is will be probably released in the first tuesday in december like the last 2 pirate movies.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
AMITY ISLAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
I know but then when I open the case, I'll be missing a disc. I'm that anal about things.
then buy the 2 disc and find someone online selling the digital copy disc and code. you could probably get that from someone on these forums in the 5-7 dollar range.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #45
Power Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-mike View Post
This is will be probably released in the first tuesday in december like the last 2 pirate movies.
caugh....hint:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/4809158-post12.html
Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Anyone know where this packaging will be available? I don't see it for preorder anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (19.3 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by Deciazulado; 06-10-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

There's no pre-order for the others either...
Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Anyone know where this packaging will be available? I don't see it for preorder anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post
There's no pre-order for the others either...
There's no pre-orders for ANYTHING yet guys. It hasn't even been announced yet. This is just preliminary information that has leaked out.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #49
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

So I realize it is a mockup, but it looks like the Chest is a re-deco of the Ultimate Toy Box... If there's that other stuff inside does that mean it won't be in that horrible scratchy stuff inside?

I'm trying to decide if I want to sell my awesome Best Buy set to get this as it has the new movie for basically the price of re-selling the best buy one. And it would be redundant to have two big collectible packaging type things.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #50

Jun 2010
Paris, France

I was planning on buying the trilogy box set, but I think I'm going to hold off to see it if there's not going to be a sweat set like the picture above
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats
Old 06-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #51
Power Member

Aug 2008
The Southland

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D Blu-ray

pre-order up with and $8 off coupon
Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #52

Sep 2010

All pre-orders are up on Amazon:

5-disc combo pack (3DBD/BD/DVD/DC):

2-disc combo pack (BD/DVD):

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Blu-ray

15-disc collection:

Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray 15-Disc Collection

Btw, 2-disc and 5-disc combo packs? Does that mean we have to get the 3D version to get the special features disc?

Well, at least there's no extra disc this time for the collection (which would suck big for the people that got the 7-disc trilogy.

$8 coupon (expires on June 15) for the 5-disc combo pack makes it $26.99, $1 dollar cheaper than the 2-disc combo pack.

Man I'm tired of typing combo pack XD
Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #53
Special Member

Apr 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafan999 View Post
All pre-orders are up on Amazon:

5-disc combo pack (3DBD/BD/DVD/DC):

2-disc combo pack (BD/DVD):

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Blu-ray

15-disc collection:

Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray 15-Disc Collection

Btw, 2-disc and 5-disc combo packs? Does that mean we have to get the 3D version to get the special features disc?

Well, at least there's no extra disc this time for the collection (which would suck big for the people that got the 7-disc trilogy.

$8 coupon (expires on June 15) for the 5-disc combo pack makes it $26.99, $1 dollar cheaper than the 2-disc combo pack.

Man I'm tired of typing combo pack XD
I wouldn't hold true on that June 15th date, regardless of what Amazon sent out in an e-mail.

The only Amazon Coupons which lasted 6 days were Prom and Bambi II, everything else was 5 or less. If your even remotely interested in PotC:OSS it's recommended you pre-order using the coupon ASAP in order to guarantee you get one. Can always cancel it later if you want.

And NY Residents, the coupon isn't available to you.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
There's no pre-orders for ANYTHING yet guys. It hasn't even been announced yet. This is just preliminary information that has leaked out.
I know that, I was saying they weren't up for the others either..... so why would that one be up? I wasn't questioning it
Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Goldsboro, NC
Send a message via AIM to cathexist Send a message via MSN to cathexist

Neat...coupon...I haven't seen this in theaters and will most likely watch it for the first time at home. It will be a blind buy...probably not a good one, but I have OCD and must have it since I have the first three.
PSN ID: cathexist Rock Band 2 band: Atomic Hearts Rock Band 2 character: Beethoven
Home Theater Setup: 60GB PS3, Sanyo PLV-1080HD Projector, JVC RX-D412B A/V Receiver
Trade Thread Home Theater Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #56
Special Member

Aug 2010
Quito, Ecuador

Already pre-ordered the 2-disc standard Combo Pack. Not at all interested in 3D. I really hope Disney will give us the 2 BDs and one DVD and not make the second BD exclusive to the 3D combo. That will really suck.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #57
Special Member

Apr 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodermin View Post
Already pre-ordered the 2-disc standard Combo Pack. Not at all interested in 3D. I really hope Disney will give us the 2 BDs and one DVD and not make the second BD exclusive to the 3D combo. That will really suck.
The Disney trend lately is to put the bonus feature discs only with the more expensive, larger comobo packs.

I'd personally recommend pre-ordering the 3D version (provided the coupon is available to you) as well as the normal 2 disc set. More than likely, based on B&M store pricing the 3D version will end up being the same or cheaper than the 2disc set (possibly $1 or $2 more, but lately they've been the same or cheaper, once you include the coupon).

Can always go sell that 3D disc as well and make a little profit.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #58

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstep11189 View Post
Does anyone know if the 15 disc collection will include that deleted scenes 7th disc on the re-released trilogy back in March?
It seems so, since it will include the 5 discs from On Stranger Tides, and the other three movies will be 2 BDs and 1 DC, which equals 9 discs.

That leaves an extra disc that should be the one included on the 7-disc trilogy.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #59
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafan999 View Post
It seems so, since it will include the 5 discs from On Stranger Tides, and the other three movies will be 2 BDs and 1 DC, which equals 9 discs.

That leaves an extra disc that should be the one included on the 7-disc trilogy.
The potential description listed in the survey on the first page indicates that the final disc in the set may include a "never before seen short film and deleted scenes that have been kept secret until now". I would guess this set will have a new exclusive disc that can only be had by rebuying 3 films you most likely already have.
[Show spoiler]I wonder if the short film is in fact the Lonely Island & Michael Bolton music video for the song Jack Sparrow?

This boxset looks cool, but in reality will probably end up feeling really cheap and given amazon's current list price of $170, I am not expecting to see a good deal on this anytime soon after release. The best deal on this might be to buy it from Disney Movie Club if they have a buy one get 50% off others deal and have someone order 4 to bring the average price down like people did with the Tron collection identity discs.

I am not liking that they seem to be only including the special features disc in the 3D set, but they are definitely pushing to force you into the biggest version. Last year Prince of Persia was released both as a single disc and as a single disc Blu+DVD+DC combo pack version, but there were special features that were only included on the combo pack disc. They actually pressed a separate version of the movie disc to exclude special features. So if the special features here are actually on a second disc I could definitely see them excluding it from the standard cheap version.

Last edited by jonsmith369; 06-09-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #60

Nov 2009
Los Angeles

I'll probably get the 3D Combo Pack. I wonder if BB will have a bonus disc like they did with the last two movies.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America