COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Weekend (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Thalía: Viva Tour (Blu-ray)
$13.48
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #1001
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck301 View Post
come on man. this wasnt filmed in imax.
Well, it was either shot with a IMAX 3D Camera, or it was shot with what's called a Red One Camera. I know for a fact that it was shot with one of those 2 types of Cameras.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:24 AM   #1002
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

It was shot on Red Epic, Zeiss Ultra Prime and Angenieux Optimo Lenses
Red One MX, Panavision Primo, Zeiss Ultra Prime and Angenieux Optimo Lenses.

It was blown up for IMAX.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #1003
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
It was shot on Red Epic, Zeiss Ultra Prime and Angenieux Optimo Lenses
Red One MX, Panavision Primo, Zeiss Ultra Prime and Angenieux Optimo Lenses.

It was blown up for IMAX.
Yes, i had a feeling it was shot with that. I remembered the short name for it, meaning "Red One Camera".
Old 12-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #1004
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I finally got around to watching this for the first time tonight. It was quite good, much better than Dead Man's Chest or At World's End in my opinion. It still doesn't live up to the original though for me. It had a charm about it that none of the sequels managed to capture.
Hmmm.... weve been avoiding this since after the first one, the series kind of went downhill. It got absurdly convoluted and did lose that charm that you speak of. I havent read many positive reviews of this 4th flick though. Maybe we'll Nutflix it at some point.
Pioneer 5080 KURO
Samsung UN6500 LED
LG BD-570, Sony BDP-S360, PS 3
Toshiba A30 & A2
Sony STRDG-AV 810
Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW110
Harmony 510
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #1005
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

For those who'd prefer to have just the Blu-rays, 2D with extras, without the unnecessary DVD and Digital Copy, this link might be of some use. Wish there were a release of just the Blu-rays I could link to for people.

EDIT: Here's a link for a four film Blu-ray disc set. A Tetrology for Pirates of the Caribbean.
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter.
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!

Last edited by Ray_Rogers; 12-11-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #1006
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
For those who'd prefer to have just the Blu-rays, 2D with extras, without the unnecessary DVD and Digital Copy, this link might be of some use. Wish there were a release of just the Blu-rays I could link to for people.
If they would have released it that way on October 18th in the first place, then i wouldn't have had to buy the 3D BD pack to get the all Special Features. Also, it would of been great if they included the other 12 Deleted scenes and Extended scenes from Pirates 4, considering that there is actually more Deleted scenes and Extended scenes from Pirates 4 then what there is of the 5 Deleted scenes and 2 Extended scenes that the 5 Disc October 18th BD release of Pirates 4 has. There's even the new short film that they only included in the 15 Disc BD pack that came out on October 18th, that should have also been included in the 5 Disc BD pack instead of it only being in the 15 Disc BD pack. Too bad they didn't release the Short film called "Tales of the Code: Wedlocked" and the 12 Deleted scenes and Extended scenes from Pirates 4, that were not included with the 3 Deleted Scenes and 2 Extended Scenes that were included with the 15 Disc BD pack and unfortunately not on the 5 Disc BD pack of Pirates 4 either. Maybe Pirates 4 will be re-released on BD on the 10th anniversary of when Pirates 1 came to theaters in 2003, ten years later on Tuesday July 9th 2013 which does sound much more likely to happen that way, or when Pirates 5 is released to theaters on Friday July 10th 2015.

Last edited by Sean B.; 05-25-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: error
Old 02-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #1007
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Finaly got the chance to see this one, a bit late

I really enjoyed it. The story was very good and the fun seem to back into this one much like the first movie did. The actors were all very good and not a moment of boredom in this one while the previous two had a few moments where things were rather long and boring.

I would actually put them in this order

1. Curse of the Black Pearl
2. On Stranger Tides
3. At World's End
4. Dead Man's Chest
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #1008
Power Member

Mar 2011

Honestly out of all of them, this was my least favorite, I thought the first one was the best than i liked the 3rd one :P Did anyone else hear that Orlando Bloom missed being in this movie so much that if disney wanted him for the next movie he would gladly come back. Not sure where I read it but i know i remember reading it.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #1009
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011

I read that on fandango. It would be interesting to see how they worked him back into the storyline.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #1010
Power Member

Oct 2009
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
Honestly out of all of them, this was my least favorite, I thought the first one was the best than i liked the 3rd one :P Did anyone else hear that Orlando Bloom missed being in this movie so much that if disney wanted him for the next movie he would gladly come back. Not sure where I read it but i know i remember reading it.
The Pirates of the Caribbean movies are such plain fun flicks, that even when their respective stories stray, these movies still manage to appeal to that sense of adventure in all of us. Hell, I even loved the ultra-hamy Geena Davis flop, Cutthroat Island.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #1011
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Euless, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I finally got around to watching this for the first time tonight. It was quite good, much better than Dead Man's Chest or At World's End in my opinion. It still doesn't live up to the original though for me. It had a charm about it that none of the sequels managed to capture.
I agree 100%
Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #1012
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
I remember reading about that as well. I think Orlando Bloom wants to come back for Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #1013
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I remember reading about that as well. I think Orlando Bloom wants to come back for Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
I hope Keira Knightley comes back too though, It would be great if we got orlando, kiera, and Penelope Cruz in the next movie :P Though I doubt it will ever happen :-/

Last edited by disneyfreak; 02-11-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #1014
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

I am fine with just having Penelope in 5. I think Bloom and Knightly had a good ending. I did miss 2 of the lesser pirates though.
Samsung UN46F5500, Sony BDP-S590, AppleTV 3
Top 10 Blu-rays in My Collection:
1. Gladiator 2. POTC: The Curse of The Black Pearl 3. Casablanca
4. The Lord of The Rings EE 5. The Bourne Trilogy 6. Alien Anthology
7. Band of Brothers 8. Star Trek TOS 9. The Dark Knight Trilogy 10. Ultimate Matrix Collection
"Do or do not... there is no try" -Yoda
Old 02-11-2012, 04:14 AM   #1015
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
I hope Keira Knightley comes back too though, It would be great if we got orlando, kiera, and Penelope Cruz in the next movie :P Though I doubt it will ever happen :-/
I think Keira Knightley still doesn't want to come back at this point, ever since she last said she didn't want to return for Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides. I think Penelope Cruz will return in Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #1016

Jun 2010
Tampa

I finally watched this yesterday and it just didn't make it for me. They toned down the action a lot, which was a big part of it for me. I loved watching the fun ship battles (you know...that whole pirate thing?) of the other films on my system. The story was a bit mismatched for me as well and I did miss the funny back and forth between Jack and Liz Swann.
Panasonic 65VT60 (DNice cal) :: DENON AVR-2809CI :: Emotiva XPA-3 gen 2
Paradigm Monitor 9 v4 // Monitor CC-190 v4 // Monitor ADP-190 v5
Sony PlayStation 3 :: HSU Research VTF-3 Mk IV

Pioneer KRP-500M (DNice cal)
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #1017
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriSM View Post
I finally watched this yesterday and it just didn't make it for me. They toned down the action a lot, which was a big part of it for me. I loved watching the fun ship battles (you know...that whole pirate thing?) of the other films on my system. The story was a bit mismatched for me as well and I did miss the funny back and forth between Jack and Liz Swann.
I think we will be seeing ship battles in Pirates of the Caribbean 5, considering that Jack Sparrow probably gets the Black Pearl out the bottle that Blackbeard put it in, with Blackbeards magic that Blackbeard used to shrink the Black Pearl to put the Black Pearl in the bottle with his Sword of Triton. Barbossa has the Sword of Triton in the end of Pirates of the Caribbean On stranger Tides and also very likely in Pirates of the Caribbean 5. I think Barbossa will probably help Jack get the Black Pearl out of the bottle, after what Blackbeard had done to the Black Pearl at some point in Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides that wasn't shown on screen or it had happened between the events of Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End and Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides. Angelica will probably bring back Blackbeard with that voodoo doll she had at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides with Blackbeards remains or in other words his Bones. Also, Jack Sparrow now has his own fleet of ships.

Last edited by Sean B.; 02-12-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: error
Old 02-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #1018
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Just rewatched this yesterday. It gets better with age. I'm still kinda annoyed that only the 3d version had the special features. I can't even find that 'Legends of On Stranger Tides' doc on youtube. I'm almost willing to pay someone off to nab that special features disc.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #1019
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I think we will be seeing ship battles in Pirates of the Caribbean 5, considering that Jack Sparrow probably gets the Black Pearl out the bottle that Blackbeard put it in, with Blackbeards magic that Blackbeard used to shrink the Black Pearl to put the Black Pearl in the bottle with his Sword of Triton. Barbossa has the Sword of Triton in the end of Pirates of the Caribbean On stranger Tides and also very likely in Pirates of the Caribbean 5. I think Barbossa will probably help Jack get the Black Pearl out of the bottle, after what Blackbeard had done to the Black Pearl at some point in Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides that wasn't shown on screen or it had happened between the events of Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End and Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides. Angelica will probably bring back Blackbeard with that voodoo doll she had at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides with Blackbeards remains or in other words his Bones. Also, Jack Sparrow now has his own fleet of ships.
Although Id love more Ian.McShane, I think bringing him back would be kinda lame. Things seemed fairly final to me, and that voodoo magic thing would get played out big time.
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
Old 02-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #1020
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
Although Id love more Ian.McShane, I think bringing him back would be kinda lame. Things seemed fairly final to me, and that voodoo magic thing would get played out big time.
The way the end played out in Pirates 4, Plenelope Cruz's character "Angelica" might bring back Blackbeard with that Jack Sparrow Voodoo Doll(even though it's a Jack Sparrow Voodoo Doll), that washed up ashore on that little island that she was on that Jack left her on at the end of Pirates 4. Or, she might use something else to bring back Blackbeard like maybe his remains and use the Jack Sparrow Voodoo Doll against Jack Sparrow. There's a Deleted scene on Pirates 4's 5 Disc and 15 Disc Blu-ray packs called Voodoo Doll, where Angelica sensually uses the Voodoo Doll on herself to make Jack want her .
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America