Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$27.08
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$51.52
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$25.11
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (PS3)
$22.50
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3)
$31.99
LEGO The Hobbit (PS3)
$22.46
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)
$14.99
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
$16.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Final Fantasy X HD PSVita

Placeholder Image

Breaking news from Sony's pre TGS conference. It's a remake of Final Fantasy X in HD for the PS3 and Vita. More news and pics soon!

Final Fantasy X is Coming to PlayStation Vita and PS3 in HD

Quote:
Square Enix will bring PlayStation 2 role-playing game Final Fantasy X to the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3, the company announced today, giving the 2001 video game a high definition makeover.

The game's publisher called the HD upgrade a "special 10th anniversary production" but did not show the Vita and PS3 version in action, only saying that the specs for each version of Final Fantasy X would be similar. No date yet and no word on that Final Fantasy VII remake you were hoping for, but a potentially good sign for the Vita.
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.

Last edited by Mavrick; 09-14-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 AM   #2

Oct 2009

, now I'm even more excited for the Vita! But still slightly disappointed that the only games I consider to be my system sellers, have been been remakes...so far.

Oh God, I just realized they might make, dodging 200 lightning bolts a trophy

Last edited by mlisette23; 09-14-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

I seriously love FF X, will depend on reviews/trailers whether or not I get the re-make.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

I wonder how much each will cost. Hopefully $30 each
==
Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #5
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlisette23 View Post
, now I'm even more excited for the Vita! But still slightly disappointed that the only games I consider to be my system sellers, have been been remakes...so far.

Oh God, I just realized they might make, dodging 200 lightning bolts a trophy
Haha your right. This and MGS HD and ZOE HD on Vita too.

I haven't played X for so long, I really look forward to getting my hands on an HD version! Not looking forward to the trophies though

Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #6
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

With all these games having identical versions on Vita and PS3 at the same time, they better be compatible with each other, because I wont be buying the same game twice lol and if it comes to having to choose the console version will win each time...

Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Rumors are that the PS3 version will be on par with XIII graphics...

http://www.psu.com/a018537/Rumor--Fi...od-as-FF-XIIIs

[Show spoiler] The high-definition remake of the beloved Final Fantasy X for the PS3 may be coming sooner than we think. On top of that, it could be better than your average HD re-release.

Sony is currently holding their annual retailers event, Destination PlayStation, in Arizona this week. An attendee named Aibo of the website Final Fantasy Reunion has claimed screenshots of Final Fantasy X HD's PS3 version were shown and tweeted its graphics are on par with Final Fantasy XIII's. Also, the game is supposedly set to release in June, according to Aibo.

Square Enix recently showed off the PlayStation Vita version during last week's Japanese PS Vita webstream.

A June release slot is surprising, given how little of the game has been shown, but is a good choice, as the summer is a slow time for game releases. Additionally, it fills a void in Square Enix's blockbuster schedule between Tomb Raider releasing this spring and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII in the fall.

Regardless, this news has me more excited to get my hands on Final Fantasy X HD. If Square Enix can pull off a successful HD remake that sells well, maybe a Final Fantasy VII one isn't such a pipe dream! We'll keep updating you on any further breaking news on everything Final Fantasy.

Source
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

This is one of my most beloved gaming memories. The only 'issue' i guess i have is that when i played on the PS2, i was able to go back and use a cheat disk to get the celestial weapons but most importantly, all the Al bhed language books from the start so that everytime they talked, i knew what their subtitles said.

It is such a shame that the subtitles wouldn't show what they said right from the word go without being able to use such a cheat because it added to my understanding of what's going on between them.

If they have replaced it with normal subtitles and got rid of the book system, it's a small 'loss' imo to actually understand the key characters in the game a little better.

I'll be picking it up for PS3 though as i don't own a VITA yet, but the graphics being as good as XIII for a remake have me super excited to see if it's true
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Middle TN
Send a message via AIM to nremdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
Rumors are that the PS3 version will be on par with XIII graphics...

http://www.psu.com/a018537/Rumor--Fi...od-as-FF-XIIIs

[Show spoiler] The high-definition remake of the beloved Final Fantasy X for the PS3 may be coming sooner than we think. On top of that, it could be better than your average HD re-release.

Sony is currently holding their annual retailers event, Destination PlayStation, in Arizona this week. An attendee named Aibo of the website Final Fantasy Reunion has claimed screenshots of Final Fantasy X HD's PS3 version were shown and tweeted its graphics are on par with Final Fantasy XIII's. Also, the game is supposedly set to release in June, according to Aibo.

Square Enix recently showed off the PlayStation Vita version during last week's Japanese PS Vita webstream.

A June release slot is surprising, given how little of the game has been shown, but is a good choice, as the summer is a slow time for game releases. Additionally, it fills a void in Square Enix's blockbuster schedule between Tomb Raider releasing this spring and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII in the fall.

Regardless, this news has me more excited to get my hands on Final Fantasy X HD. If Square Enix can pull off a successful HD remake that sells well, maybe a Final Fantasy VII one isn't such a pipe dream! We'll keep updating you on any further breaking news on everything Final Fantasy.

Source
There really is no reason to get excited, they will screw this up. This is Square Enix being Square Enix. They will promise the world on this and it will turn out to be mediocre at best, like everything else they do. Why anyone has any faith in Square Enix anymore is beyond me.
Mr. Beautiful Emotionally Handicapped
PSN: nremdn
Battlelog: nremdn
Pigeon Boys #01
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremdn View Post
There really is no reason to get excited, they will screw this up. This is Square Enix being Square Enix. They will promise the world on this and it will turn out to be mediocre at best, like everything else they do. Why anyone has any faith in Square Enix anymore is beyond me.
I seriously hope you're wrong, because i'm really, really looking forwards to playing this again as well as Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Those are amongst my greatest RPG memories. Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King is also right up there.

Not many other games come to mind though
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 02-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremdn View Post
I'm the same way..I've lost faith in Square-Enix
IMO they were so much better when they were Squaresoft
my Game Collection

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

There's been nothing to suggest that Square-Enix can't capably remaster a major Final Fantasy title. Their work on Kingdom Hearts and FFX so far looks quite competent.

It's the timing of FFX HD's announcement that was stupid.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

X and X-2 will both be on Vita, bu will be 2 seperate games.

Square Enix confirms 2013 release for Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD

Vita versions to be sold individually

Quote:

Square Enix has confirmed it will be releasing a HD version of Final Fantasy X-2 alongside the already announced Final Fantasy X HD later this year.

As previously indicated by Japanese magazine Jump, both games will be released on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. While the games will be packaged on a single disc for a PS3, the Vita versions will be available individually.

"These games are classic fan-favorites, and we hope that new and old Final Fantasy fans can experience the world of Spira and the story of Tidus and Yuna in a brand-new light with these remastered editions," said Final Fantasy producer, Yoshinori Kitase.

Last year, producer Shinji Hashimoto said the Final Fantasy X re-release is a "high-definition remaster" and not a fully remade version of the PS2 classic.

In February, Square Enix released a video update showing off some HD character models.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #14
Special Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Confirmed release is now March 21st 2014 - both games bundled together thank ****!! (Voucher for X-2 download included)

Shweeeeeeeeet!

Last edited by THE_FORCE; 01-21-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

I still don't get why one is a download and why this isn't cross buy. No excuse.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #16

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

I wonder how big the file size will be for X-2?
shame they didn't just package a game card for each separate title in one case.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

This is from one of the SONY team members on the US blog.

This is an “estimate” but it should be around the following:

PS Vita Download: FFX and FFX-2 combined should be 7 GB.

PS Via X-2 Download: Should be 3.5 GB.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Middle TN
Send a message via AIM to nremdn

What a crap company Square Enix is. Just wow. If people wanted digital they would freaking buy digital. What is the point of even having a physical release if half the product is digital? They lost my sale on this one. That is bad considering I had this one as a must buy since it was announced. It almost feels like Square Enix is just a front for some kind of public experiment. No company (which was once so great) can really make such consistently shitty decisions over and over and over can they?
Mr. Beautiful Emotionally Handicapped
PSN: nremdn
Battlelog: nremdn
Pigeon Boys #01
Old 01-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I still don't get why one is a download and why this isn't cross buy. No excuse.
Square is cheap... That is the cross buy answer

As for the download one, well that is anyone's guess. Originally the VITA was going to receive X and X2 as individual physical purchases. However, that has now been scrapped and X2 will now be included within X's physical purchase as a download receipt.

My only guess to why this happened is that Square Enix didn't see the demand to release a physical x2 vita game.

However, there really is no excuse to why this game isn't supporting cross buy.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

very excited for thos release .. i enjoyed X-2 though i never finished it back in the day ... and on the GO on my vita it will be awesome to have ..
I dream in slow motion and wake up screaming!

If you stand for nothing , then you are bound to fall for anything.....

Behind every truth are 32 white lies
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable