COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$19.99
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
$29.99
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
$29.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$29.99
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)
$19.99
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
$39.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$29.99
Borderlands (PS3)
$17.99
Payday 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (PS3)
$19.98
007: Legends (PS3)
$15.42
Minecraft Playstation 3 Edition (PS3)
$19.77
Dragonball Z: Battle of Z (PS3)
$34.32
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
$19.74
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$24.99
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$59.96
Saints Row IV (PS3)
$18.26
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (PS3)
$29.98
Infamous Collection (PS3)
$19.99
Old 06-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Feb 2007
USA Resistance Burning Skies - Story Trailer !

You are the Resistance on PlayStation Vita
  • Experience day one of the Chimera invasion of the United States of America through the eyes of everyday hero and New York City fireman, Tom Riley
  • Take part in action packed multiplayer battles via PlayStation Network with up to seven of your friends
  • Play Resistance in an entirely new way using a range of the PlayStation Vita system's capabilities

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 08-19-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

I hope the Vita runs at better fps than my work pc did trying to watch those, I was getting about 2fps
PS3 500GB + 320GB + 250GB & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Star Trek Into Darkness / Latest PS3 Game - Saints Row 4
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

My GIF'ery skills are not honed. Lets you see what's going on more clearly anyway.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Here's the Gamescom demo, but not from the press conference stage demo which has a jerky feed and doesn't go through as far:

The stealth axe kill's better too.

I really like the quiet bits at the start, the lift down and weapon upgrade. Maybe they should tone down the explodability of the Chimera and there's too many waves of them at the end.

Ever since the PS Vita was unveiled in January, the handheld’s dual analog sticks have promised a proper first-person shooter experience on the go. The reveal of Resistance: Burning Skies at PlayStation’s gamescom press conference showed that the future of portable shooters will be bright from the outset.

Immediately after the conference ended, I met up with Rob Heubner from developer Nihilistic, who detailed some of what we can expect from the Vita’s first FPS foray. The next morning, Huebner and producer Frank Simon presented an extended play-by-play for international media.

Huebner said the studio’s core mission was to create a ”no-compromises experience with all the elements you’d expect from a Resistance game.” The Burning Skies demo fit neatly into the Resistance universe, but brought significant new features that evolved the game’s interactivity. As mentioned in the press conference, you’ll battle new Chimeran enemies with new weapons, all through the eyes of protagonist Tom Riley — a New York City fire fighter.

Burning Skies takes place right before Resistance 2, filling in the lost years and giving players a ground-eye view of the day the Chimera came to NYC. Huebner and Simon guided us through Ellis Island, which in the game’s alternate universe isn’t a tourist trap but a SRPA research facility. The base is under attack by the Chimera, who are dead-set on recovering something of interest. A weapon, perhaps?

A playthrough of the demo revealed a few surprises in that realm. I quickly got my hands on a Chimeran weapon referred to as the CFG (cluster fire gun). This weapon discharged short bursts of brittle ordnance that shatter on impact, a great tool for attacking soft targets such as tender Chimeran flesh. The CFG has an alt-fire mode, a Resistance staple. The manner in which it’s deployed, however, is PS Vita-only. A quick tap of the screen sets crosshairs on multiple enemies. Press fire, and they all fall in rapid succession.

This touch alt-fire method extended to the more familiar Carbine rifle. To fire off the underbarrel grenade launcher, merely touch in the direction you want to lob one, and off it goes in a fragmentational ‘splosion. Tossing a grenade works in similar fashion: When you touch the screen, an icon appears above your finger so you can see how long you’re cooking the grenade, then a “throwing” motion arcs them on their way.

The touch-sensitive screen also takes on the melee duties. An icon of a fireman’s axe (naturally) resides on-screen, just next to the Square button. Slide your thumb over when a Chimera closes in too close, and it’ll quickly be reduced to a pile of extraterrestrial giblets. Demo driver Frank Simon landed a one-hit stealth kill on an unsuspecting grunt as well.

The developers also demonstrated the weapon wheel, a feature near and dear to any Resistance fan’s heart. You can swap guns as you’re used to on the console games, or just tap the rifle you’re looking for directly on-screen.

It might sound like there’s a lot of touchscreen interaction in the game, but Nihilistic is being selective with its implementation. Heubner says they’ll only take advantage of “as many features of the PS Vita that make sense” for Burning Skies. Touch is used to keep you in the action and out of the menus.

The final new-to-Resistance feature is a first-person cover system, not unlike that found in the Killzone series. If you’re crouching behind certain structures, you’ll automatically go into cover. You’ve got the optional of tilting the Vita to see over or around cover, or you can just aim down the sights the old-fashioned way with L1. If you stand up or back away, you’re out of cover – no getting stuck.

It should be said that Resistance: Burning Skies is an attractive shooter. “We don’t have to compromise on the visual side just because it’s a mobile platform,” said Heubner. “It’s got all the special effects you’d expect on a PS3 game. And the game demo was presented seamlessly from beginning to end – not a loading screen to be found.

Back to the demo. Now equipped with a minigun, Riley ventured deep into the Ellis Island underground facility where human scientists labor to reverse engineer the Chimeran weapons. Fortunately, they left an an ammo upgrade for the minigun, which made it even more deadly.

And you’ll need all the firepower you can muster, because Resistance: Burning Skies throws a lot at you. The devs showed off the horsepower of Vita by filling a huge room with hordes of Chimeran attackers of multiple varieties. After raining liquid hot death on the enemies (and their reinforcements), the real threat reveals itself: a huge Chimera that loomed three times larger than most you’ve seen… and apparently, it’s just a mini-boss.

The demo ended there, but it not before making it clear that Resistance: Burning Skies is well on its way to delivering on the promise of becoming the first proper portable first-person shooter.

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 08-19-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Wales

Reading the liveblog from the Vita keynote going on right now, and it's confirmed to have online multiplayer
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

We already knew that from this:

[Show spoiler]

And the game's description on PlayStation.com. Second bullet point in the OP.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Release date for this title is May 29th
"All men dream. But not equally..." - Nathan Drake.

-----------------------
PS3 120GB
KDL 46HX803 Sony Bravia 1080p FULL HD 3D
SKY+ HD
220 Blu ray discs
PSN: garlad
Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #8

Nov 2007
Opera Garnier
Send a message via MSN to Toxa
Default Story Trailer

Quote:
With Resistance: Burning Skies marching steadily towards its May 29th release date on PS Vita, you may have been wondering who Tom Riley is and where his story fits into the grand scheme of the Resistance universe. Today we’re clearing up that question with a new story trailer you can watch right now!

Resistance: Burning Skies is, at its core, a story about an everyday hero becoming a legend. On August 15th, 1951, New York City fireman Tom Riley is called away during a seemingly routine fire call and finds himself thrust into the midst of the brutal Chimeran invasion (Resistance 2 fan: this parallels the period when Nathan Hale returns from Europe). Riley is possessed with a singular determination to find his wife and child, but along the way he’ll be embroiled in a far larger conflict that will determine the fate of New York and leave him a key inspirational hero of the Resistance.

For those of you watching closely, there were a couple other little tidbits revealed in that trailer, including new weapons and enemies. You’re also introduced to the Executioner, a hulking Chimeran monstrosity that boasts a powerful cannon for an arm. Needless to say, the Executor definitely won’t go down as easily as your standard Hybrid. You also caught a glimpse of the potent Hunter rifle, a Chimeran burst-fire carbine that is the predecessor to the Marksman from Resistance 3. The Hunter also packs a surprise in the form of its secondary attack, which fires an offensive drone that attacks nearby enemies — you can direct it to the left and right using PS Vita’s front touchscreen.

Let us kno
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...story-trailer/

DLP = True Blu-ray Experience
The HD-DVD is DEAD since May 2005

AVC, DTS-HD MA & LPCM supporter

W3LCOM3 CHANG3 PS3

"Gran Turismo 5 isn't just a game it's a lifestyle" Bageara

I was also amaze to see that Cruise retrieve the face he had 8 years ago (2005)
Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

I hope they release a patch to take in-game screenshots...
PS3/PS4/Vita: GrimReaper4383 PSN Level: 27 7/14/14
360/Xbone: CMaggotbone (PlayStation Now Beta Tester PS3/PS4)
Trophy 6,600 7/28/14 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 4 Games Twitter FaceBook
My Blu-Ray Collection My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games
Old 07-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Special Member

May 2010
Turn around. Very slowly...
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
I hope they release a patch to take in-game screenshots...
PS button plus Start doesn't work?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBooty View Post
PS button plus Start doesn't work?
not with this game. and, its not the only one either.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Despite the reviews being subpar I picked this up for $10 and I have loved it.

I do not see what all the fuss is about.

I felt it had a great story. Great gameplay.

The only thing I didn't like was that the controls made some parts much harder than they needed to be.

My first Vita platinum!
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97
Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
Banned

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
Despite the reviews being subpar I picked this up for $10 and I have loved it.

I do not see what all the fuss is about.

I felt it had a great story. Great gameplay.

The only thing I didn't like was that the controls made some parts much harder than they needed to be.

My first Vita platinum!
The story was trash (and had major narrative issues), the characters where simply not developed, the AI was stupid, the gun play was average at best. It fells like a rushed downloadable fps, not a game that originally sold for more then most vita games. I am very disappointed that what very well could be the last Resistance game was as bad as this was.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania

this was an easy platinum.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac01 View Post
The story was trash (and had major narrative issues), the characters where simply not developed, the AI was stupid, the gun play was average at best. It fells like a rushed downloadable fps, not a game that originally sold for more then most vita games. I am very disappointed that what very well could be the last Resistance game was as bad as this was.
I had a blast with it. Maybe it's because I had low expectations. I got it for $10. For that I felt it was enjoyable. I dont hold Vita games to the same standard as I do PS3 games.

It was a pretty easy platinum. Although the final boss was very tedious.
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!

PS gamertag: Merrick97
Xbox 360: Merrick97

Last edited by MerrickG; 07-04-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable