COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Long Goodbye (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Coming Home (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Thieves Like Us (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$6.99
White Lightning (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Viva Maria! (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Gator (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Pocketful of Miracles (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after watching it)
One Star 0 0%
Two Stars 2 2.30%
Three Stars 12 13.79%
Four Stars 33 37.93%
Five Stars 40 45.98%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA
Default 'Wreck-It Ralph' Review Thread (Use Spoiler Tags)

Quote:
John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman and More Voice Disney’s Video Game-Inspired ‘Wreck-It Ralph,’ Formerly ‘Reboot Ralph’

Reboot Ralph has been an unknown quantity on Disney’s slate for the past year. Announced in 2010 as a May 2013 release, the film was bumped up to November 2 2012 earlier this year. But all we really knew was the title, and the fact that it was a reworked version of an old Disney project called Joe Jump, which was about “an outdated video game character who’s been left behind by the march of technology.”

Well, Reboot Ralph has now become Wreck-It Ralph, which is now about “an arcade game Bad Guy determined to prove he can be a Good Guy.” The first cast has been announced, too: John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch. A few more details are after the break.
A press release from Walt Disney Animation Studios describes the film:

Quote:
Wreck-It Ralph (voice of Reilly) longs to be as beloved as his game’s perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix (voice of McBrayer). Problem is, nobody loves a Bad Guy. But they do love heroes… so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Lynch), Ralph sees it as his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan—win a medal—but soon wrecks everything, and accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Ralph’s only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Silverman), a young troublemaking “glitch” from a candy-coated cart racing game who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy. But will he realize he is good enough to become a hero before it’s “Game Over” for the entire arcade?
Rich Moore (The Simpsons, Futurama) is directing, and says:

Quote:
I love the idea of a very simple 8-bit video game character struggling with the complex question: ‘isn’t there more to life than the role I’ve been assigned?’ In his quest for the answer, we journey with our hero through three visually distinct video game worlds.
Something in there caught my eye: “8-bit.” So that could provide some fun throwback character and world design. And modern shooters and a Mario Kart-style game are obviously also a big part of the equation. We’ve seen a lot of films based on games, but very few that attempt to capture the spirit of the actual games themselves. Disney has tried twice, with the Tron films, but this 3D animated effort will be an even more overt gaming movie than Tron.

Last year, Glen Keane spoke briefly about the film (then Reboot Ralph) to Bleeding Cool:

Quote:
The challenges of Reboot Ralph are entirely different to those of Tangled. There are so many different styles of characters in that movie going from one video game to another to another to another that it’s going to be phenomenal. And I’m telling the team “It’s going to be a whole different challenge for you guys to stretch and expand and become much more versatile than you are right now, so there will be new ways in which we’re going to be growing.
Source
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell

Instagram: pj_campbell
Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Sounds interesting and with Disney behind it guarantees I will check it out.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Sounds interesting and with Disney behind it guarantees I will check it out.
It could definitely be interesting. I'm looking forward to it. It should at least be interesting. Kinda sounds like their taking the Megamind idea and using it inside a videogame.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:

Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
It could definitely be interesting. I'm looking forward to it. It should at least be interesting. Kinda sounds like their taking the Megamind idea and using it inside a videogame.
Yeah I thought of Megamind when I started reading the plot. It being in a video game though makes it a lot more interesting for me plus it's a Disney movie. Also reminds me of Kingdom hearts with the world jumping but video games instead of new worlds.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Yeah I thought of Megamind when I started reading the plot. It being in a video game though makes it a lot more interesting for me plus it's a Disney movie. Also reminds me of Kingdom hearts with the world jumping but video games instead of new worlds.
They should make Kingdom Hearts into a movie......That would be amazing!
Walt Disney

Follow me:

Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
They should make Kingdom Hearts into a movie......That would be amazing!
Yeah I've been wanting either a CG Kingdom hearts movie like Advent Children or a live action one since the first game has been released. There was a rumor that Disney was going to make a CG series of it but nothing came of it
Old 06-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Yeah I've been wanting either a CG Kingdom hearts movie like Advent Children or a live action one since the first game has been released. There was a rumor that Disney was going to make a CG series of it but nothing came of it
I wonder if it's partially a rights thing since it has Final Fantasy characters? That would be so lame...I'd love to see a sequel...and also, have all the games ported to PS3 so I can play them again!
Walt Disney

Follow me:

Old 06-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
I wonder if it's partially a rights thing since it has Final Fantasy characters? That would be so lame...I'd love to see a sequel...and also, have all the games ported to PS3 so I can play them again!
Yeah could be a rights thing. I'm still hoping we get a KH3 on the PS3 once FF13 Versus is done as I keep reading that's what's taking time away from a new KH game. I have a feeling once a new main entry game is announced for the PS3 if it does we could get an HD collection of the first to.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Well, Reboot Ralph has now become Wreck-It Ralph
I wonder if it's partially a rights thing since it has Final Fantasy characters?
And not to mention, the name of an existing CGI toon character that could cause copyright confusion.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Old 06-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

(Umm...okay:
Was thinking more of , but then, I'm more a child of the 80's. )
Old 08-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
Expert Member

Aug 2011
Belgium

D23 brings the logo and first look at the Felix-character:

Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

AMAAAAAZING!!!

I don't think theres a single person who plays games who wouldn't appreciate this but hot damn it looks awesome. Can't wait to watch this. great concept and looks absolutely amazing.
500GB PS3
Panasonic 50VT20B
PSN ID: NARMAK
Old 06-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

I didnt realize this hadnt been reposted yet since the crash.

I dont think we'll ever be fully back up to speed with everything that got lost
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 06-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
Ohio

HALO is violent and scary? *ROFL*
Old 06-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
Power Member

Apr 2011

Article about Paperman, which will be attached to Wreck-It Ralph:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/2...look-paperman/

The screens look really amazing! General reaction is really, really good. Can't wait to see it in motion.

I'm still looking forward to Wreck-It Ralph--it looks good. But the trailer didn't quite meet my expectations, as the concept of multiple video game worlds just lent itself to have so much potential in terms of visual experimentation. So I'm glad where getting some of that by way of Paperman.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

This film is probably one of the best concepts I have ever seen for an animated film.

Sadly, it also has the potential to be the biggest disappointment ever in animated films.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #18

Aug 2009

Great concept and great idea, reminds me of Toy Story but then for the videogame characters. But the entire trailer loses it compeletly when it moves into generic shooter and other nonsencicle places, wouldn't it have been awesome to see Ralph interact with Mario in the Super Mario Bros game(s), or try beating Dr. Eggman in Sonic or anything like that and not just appear in generic space shooter..? Well that's just the trailer though, who knowns maybe the final product will be something like that
''The world is like a dream, Not bigger then a grain of sand, But bigger then an invisible reality.''
Old 06-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
Great concept and great idea, reminds me of Toy Story but then for the videogame characters. But the entire trailer loses it compeletly when it moves into generic shooter and other nonsencicle places, wouldn't it have been awesome to see Ralph interact with Mario in the Super Mario Bros game(s), or try beating Dr. Eggman in Sonic or anything like that and not just appear in generic space shooter..? Well that's just the trailer though, who knowns maybe the final product will be something like that
or even gets stuck in 'real time' and inadvertantly into a pinball game -
Old 07-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Since the trailer that was posted earlier was taken down.

"I'm Zangief I am bad guy."
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies