Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$52.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Life of Pi 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Boyhood (Blu-ray)
$14.96
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mr. Brooks (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Knick: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Attenborough's Life Stories (Blu-ray)
$4.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #2701
JamesG76 JamesG76 is offline
Member
 
JamesG76's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Houma, LA, USA
153
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
For the U.S. is it the 3 disc (digital copy as a download?) or 6 disc (with the DC discs)?
3 blu-ray discs, with a card with DC codes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #2702
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
300
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieFanatic2010 View Post
How do like the Polk Audio Monitor 40'S ?
They are great surround sound speakers.
BenQ W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon AVR-X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
Pioneer SP-FS52 Floorstanding Speaker x 4
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #2703
Sad Beautiful Tragic Sad Beautiful Tragic is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Sad Beautiful Tragic's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
1689
524
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard Esquire View Post
My Frys order is still back ordered...
Mine too. I just received this email from Frys...

Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) are in stock. Your order number is xxxxxxxxxxxx.

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, you may do so at anytime prior to shipment by
calling customer service at 1-(408)350-1484 or e-mail us at
service@cs.frys.com. If you choose to cancel your order
we will provide a full and prompt refund of any charges which
you may have incurred for unshipped items.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing Frys.com


Sincerely,

Frys.com
Customer Service


It seems as though they got swamped with orders for the Jurassic Park Trilogy.
BIG Chloe Grace Moretz fan! Blu-ray 3D supporter! LET'S GO PENS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #2704
solidgator solidgator is offline
Member
 
Nov 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scallenger View Post
OMG I love that the steelbook is NOT flipper discs! But, is it really that easy for it to get that many scratches, and visible fingerprints, right away? That concerns me lol.
You can only see them because I had the flash on when I took the picture. It's a black case. In normal light, you wouldnt notice that stuff unless you were trying to find em. It's a steelbook, little scratches and fingerprints are gonna happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #2705
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
300
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEB View Post
Not to mention that first nasty T-Rex roar!! I used to play back that roar via Laserdisc at Halloween to scare the crap out of the little kiddies that came to the door!

Mark
Now you can scare them this Halloween with lossless audio!
BenQ W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon AVR-X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
Pioneer SP-FS52 Floorstanding Speaker x 4
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #2706
timcat4843 timcat4843 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
timcat4843's Avatar
 
May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
300
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile Line View Post
I just received this email from Frys...

Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) are in stock. Your order number is xxxxxxxxxxxx.

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, you may do so at anytime prior to shipment by
calling customer service at 1-(408)350-1484 or e-mail us at
service@cs.frys.com. If you choose to cancel your order
we will provide a full and prompt refund of any charges which
you may have incurred for unshipped items.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing Frys.com


Sincerely,

Frys.com
Customer Service
I'am close to cancelling my order with Frys and just going to Target and getting mine.
Wonder how many other folks have cancelled there orders.

Frys should have anticipated that they would receive an avalanche of orders
and should have had enough product on hand to fill all the orders.
C'mon man, one of the most successful franchises in movie history finally hits blu-ray
and then you offer it much cheaper than anyone else, what did you think would happen?

Geez Louise!
BenQ W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon AVR-X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
Pioneer SP-FS52 Floorstanding Speaker x 4
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #2707
Underworld54 Underworld54 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Underworld54's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Albany NY
157
4
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
I'am close to cancelling my order with Frys and just going to Target and getting mine.
Wonder how many other folks have cancelled there orders.

Frys should have anticipated that they would receive an avalanche of orders
and should have had enough product on hand to fill all the orders.
C'mon man, one of the most successful franchises in movie history finally hits blu-ray
and then you offer it much cheaper than anyone else, what did you think would happen?

Geez Louise!
Can you please cancel? I would like to get mine sooner and you cancelling would help a little.
http://www.bemealittle.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5519652...851207/detail/
Samsung LN46B630, Yamaha RX-V765
Polk CS2, Polk Monitor 60's, Polk Monitor 40's
BIC Acoustec PL-200 Sub
Sony BDP-S570

Last edited by Underworld54; 10-25-2011 at 12:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #2708
mredman mredman is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jun 2008
2
7
Default

Not gonna read through all these pages so i am going straight to the point. How does the movies look,how is the sound and is there a lot of extras.
Are there NEW interviews with Ariana Richards?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #2709
buckeye1 buckeye1 is offline
Senior Member
 
buckeye1's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio
6
61
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEB View Post
Nah, I've come up with much better ways to have fun scaring the kiddies on Halloween.



Here's a test video of my singing pumpkins:

http://www.thephotobooth.net/Holiday...326_hdVQd-A-LB



Mark
Who was singing that song. Sounded like the guy who sings Mr.Grinch. Very genius .
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #2710
xxjonoxx xxjonoxx is offline
Member
 
xxjonoxx's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Houston, TX
77
Default

Just called my local Fry's Electronics, in-store price is $39.99.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #2711
LetoAtreides82 LetoAtreides82 is offline
Senior Member
 
LetoAtreides82's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
United States
222
23
Default

Picked up my copy at a Walmart. There were only two more sets there, and around 5 of the DVD versions, and the BD versions were hidden behind the DVD sets and there was no price tag for the BD versions anywhere on the rack just for the DVD set. I'm surprised they didn't have a stand set-up for Jurassic Park, I'm guessing Wal-mart thinks it won't sell much.

Likely won't beat Captain America but I think it will do well this week.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #2712
punisher punisher is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
punisher's Avatar
 
May 2010
Center Ice
2
87
Default

got my.."don't know when letter too" from Frye's
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #2713
Daz_85 Daz_85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Daz_85's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Devon, UK
62
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Are there NEW interviews with Ariana Richards?
I haven't got the set yet, but I've seen a few snippets of the new documentary and there most certainly is!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #2714
RingTrick RingTrick is offline
Active Member
 
RingTrick's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEB View Post

Here's a test video of my singing pumpkins:

http://www.thephotobooth.net/Holiday...326_hdVQd-A-LB



Mark

I think it can officially be said that those singing pumpkins kick serious ass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #2715
jag2007 jag2007 is offline
Senior Member
 
jag2007's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
San Antonio
32
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
got my.."don't know when letter too" from Frye's
Same here...Boo!
San Antonio, Tx
PS3
Yamaha FG700S
Yamaha CG142C
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #2716
JustPlaneCrazy JustPlaneCrazy is offline
Member
 
JustPlaneCrazy's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Missouri
1
1214
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Not gonna read through all these pages so i am going straight to the point. How does the movies look,how is the sound and is there a lot of extras.
Are there NEW interviews with Ariana Richards?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jurass.../24947/#Review

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #2717
buckeye1 buckeye1 is offline
Senior Member
 
buckeye1's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio
6
61
3
Default

Anyone know how many copies BB will carry the steelbook vs the standard bluray versions. I don't have to worry too much I pre-ordered last week and will pick my copy up after work later today. This day is going to drag on..
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #2718
MEB MEB is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MEB's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
17
995
76
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
Who was singing that song. Sounded like the guy who sings Mr.Grinch. Very genius .
It's the Grim Grinning Ghosts song from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.

Mark
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #2719
slimdude slimdude is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
slimdude's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
-
-
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
got my.."don't know when letter too" from Frye's
All you have to do is cancel your order, and buy it from somewhere else. Frye's is not the only merchant selling Jurassic Park Trilogy! I don't see the reason why Frye's shipment is back ordered, when every other retailer (online and local B&M stores) have them in stock. I would have cancelled my order a long time ago!

Last edited by slimdude; 10-25-2011 at 02:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #2720
jackdelamare jackdelamare is offline
Member
 
Aug 2009
Default

This is AMAZING on Blu-Ray, so happy with my purchase. Watching JP3 right now, it's glorious.
We Want Jurassic Park IV!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 PM.