COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragonwolf (Blu-ray)
$18.20
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.96
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Curtains (Blu-ray)
$17.47
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #2381
Expert Member

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drugstore View Post
I want the Terror in the Aisles feature, I did pre-order H2 from Shout Factory as well. I figure I should have the corrected verison of H2, since after researching this replacement has been going on for 6 months now. Fingers Crossed.
All reports are that the corrected version has not shown up as an option to retailers -- and that the only way to get it is to go through the replacement process with Universal.

There's also nothing on the packaging that indicates which version you're getting so until you pop it in you won't be sure.

Or check out ebay.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #2382

Aug 2010
London

Quote:
I want the Terror in the Aisles feature, I did pre-order H2 from Shout Factory as well. I figure I should have the corrected verison of H2, since after researching this replacement has been going on for 6 months now. Fingers Crossed.
Nobody who's contributed to this thread has received the corrected disc, except through the exchange scheme (as far as I know). I think you'll get the old disc.

But that probably doesn't really matter if you're also buying the Shout version? You'll get Terror in the Aisles either way.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #2383

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Q View Post
Nobody who's contributed to this thread has received the corrected disc, except through the exchange scheme (as far as I know). I think you'll get the old disc.

But that probably doesn't really matter if you're also buying the Shout version? You'll get Terror in the Aisles either way.
I received my copy from Amazon today. Mine was the corrected version!!!!!
---Samsung PN63C8000--- Sony BDP-S350---Xbox 360---All hardwired to Apple Airport Extreme---All connected using Monoprice Netjacket HDMI cables---Calibrated using Spears & Munsil---
Old 09-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #2384
Special Member

Oct 2008

Just got mine from Amazon, on the back cover it says Moustapha Akkad presents A Dino De Laurentiis Corp Film....Do I have the new corrected verison
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #2385
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Just got mine from Amazon, on the back cover it says Moustapha Akkad presents A Dino De Laurentiis Corp Film....Do I have the new corrected verison
It says that on the back of all versions. There's no way of telling until you watch it.
Last Bought: Her, Godzilla Double Features Future Purchases: Godzilla(2014), X-Men: Days of Future Past, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Game of Thrones: Season 4, American Horror Story: Coven, Girls: Season 3, Shameless: Season 4.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #2386
Special Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntomk View Post
I received my copy from Amazon today. Mine was the corrected version!!!!!
I got mine as well, I hope I have the corrected verison
Old 09-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #2387

Apr 2011

Quote:
I got mine as well, I hope I have the corrected verison
As soon as I got home I put it in to make sure. Sure enough it was!!
---Samsung PN63C8000--- Sony BDP-S350---Xbox 360---All hardwired to Apple Airport Extreme---All connected using Monoprice Netjacket HDMI cables---Calibrated using Spears & Munsil---
Old 09-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #2388
Expert Member

Apr 2011
Arizona

I can also confirm that the one on Amazon currently for $9.99 is the corrected version. I am watching it right this moment and it shows Moustapha Akkad presents in the beginning credit scene and also displays DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #2389
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Great news to hear the corrected version is finally making it out for sale. Can you guys that got a corrected version spot an external differences? Like UPC code colors(white or yellow), spine changes, etc?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #2390
Expert Member

Apr 2011
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Great news to hear the corrected version is finally making it out for sale. Can you guys that got a corrected version spot an external differences? Like UPC code colors(white or yellow), spine changes, etc?
I don't see anything I can spot. The cover is still the old one because it doesn't say that this has DTS HD-MA 5.1 audio on it. The back cover still shows DTS 5.1 Surround. Even the disc has DTS Digital Surround printed on it. I think the only way to tell is to watch for the opening credit scene and check the audio display to see if it shows DTS HD-MA.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #2391

Aug 2010
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Great news to hear the corrected version is finally making it out for sale.
Yes indeed! I was starting to think it would never happen!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #2392
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Ray_Addict View Post
I don't see anything I can spot. The cover is still the old one because it doesn't say that this has DTS HD-MA 5.1 audio on it. The back cover still shows DTS 5.1 Surround. Even the disc has DTS Digital Surround printed on it. I think the only way to tell is to watch for the opening credit scene and check the audio display to see if it shows DTS HD-MA.
It's Universal, so something as easy as changing the color of the barcode not being done, doesn't surprise me!
Thanks for checking!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #2393
Special Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb1428 View Post
why not just answer his question, sometimes i dont understand the people in this forum. They seem to be so hatefull
Totally agree! This is a discussion board, right? Many discussions I have involve someone walking in late and saying...."so what did I miss", or "catch me up".

I have no problem with someone repeating a question....I also have no problem if someone doesn't want to answer that question! Telling another person what to do with their time is something I won't do
Old 09-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #2394
Expert Member

Mar 2011

do some research before so you dont post a useless post filled with edits, when all you had to do was go to the main page and the last page to see highlights...not fair to all of us who have been paying attention from the get go only to have someone say...so guys..what did i miss??
Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #2395
Special Member

Oct 2008

Mine that I got from Amazon is the corrected verison as well. I watched it last night
Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #2396

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by format916 View Post
do some research before so you dont post a useless post filled with edits, when all you had to do was go to the main page and the last page to see highlights...not fair to all of us who have been paying attention from the get go only to have someone say...so guys..what did i miss??
This thread is over 100 pages. I could see your point of this were a shorter thread. But I don't see anything wrong with someone coming into a huge thread with thousands of replies, and asking to be caught up.

Even if that person read the entire thread page-by-page, there's always the chance that they may have missed an important response. In a thread with thousands of replies, accidentally missing something is very possible.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #2397

Oct 2011

Just received my imported copy from Amazon Marketplace in the UK and also got corrected copy. Had accepted that I would get the old disc, and wouldn't be able to exchange so very happy.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #2398
Power Member

Feb 2011

Got my copy from Amazon today. Old version
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #2399

Jul 2012
Default Mr

Just received my replacement today.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #2400
Power Member

Feb 2011

This is weird. My first copy had what looked like a hand shrink wrap job. It only had one 5.1 English track. Old credits. Got a refund from Amazon and ordered another. Got that today and sent the first one back. The second one also had a non-factory looking shrinkwrap job. This time there was an insert for a PSN Childs Play game which was not in the first order. This one had two audio tracks. And English and a 5.1 English but still the old credits. Time to scour the thread to find the replacement details.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America