COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.18
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$27.63
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.13
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 07-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #1

Jul 2011
United Kingdom Hard To Find Blu-Ray's?

Sorry if this has been done before, but I was just wondering if there are any blu-ray's that are nigh on impossible to find and go for stupid amounts on eBay etc? Or can Play etc stock most things?
Most Wanted: True Lies.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

It depends on the title and the region but there have been a few which disappear without a trace unless you're prepared to pay big moey. US releases become more difficult to find if you want to pay a reasonable price things like Transformers The Movie and Watchmen The Ultimate Cut.

There are a few that came with slipcovers that have gone for silly money but you can find most titles if you're prepared to pay.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #3

Nov 2009

The UK release of Metallica's Francais Pour Nuit (spelling?) is almost impossible to find, as well as the original transformers: the movie. Then there is the usual collectors editions etc.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Special Member

Jan 2010

They Live.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:39 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

My Psycho steelbook is OOP, and goes for a decent amount new and used. But wouldn't consider it hard to find though, if you have 30+ (for used copy) in you pocket there are a few places to order from.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
Special Member

Apr 2011

I haven't found any Blu-rays hard to find that I'm interested.

It's more DVD's that are becoming hard.

US's Paranoia Agent Boxset is actually pricey and so is Inspector Gadget's complete series box.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #7

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHassell18 View Post
They Live.
Is there anywhere in the world where I could import this from ?
Old 07-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)

it is re-released in Sept
[[ Official UK Slipcover Thread ]]
My Slipcovers collection as of August 5th Part One, Two and Three
Looking to buy these slips: BROTHERS GRIMM Canadian Lenticular, HOME ALONE 1+2 USA Slipbox, X-FILES 2, KILL BILL 2 Canadian Lenticular, Ghost US
Old 07-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
My Psycho steelbook is OOP, and goes for a decent amount new and used. But wouldn't consider it hard to find though, if you have 30+ (for used copy) in you pocket there are a few places to order from.
Is there any difference between the Steelbook and the normal cased Amaray? I'd imagine the book has gone walkabout. But it's less than 7.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
Power Member

Mar 2009

Election (the Matthew Broderick/Reese Witherspoon black comedy, not the Hong Kong crime film) seems to have quietly slipped out of print in the UK
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 07-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Is there any difference between the Steelbook and the normal cased Amaray? I'd imagine the book has gone walkabout. But it's less than 7.
Yeah the standard release never had the 20 page booklet, that was exclusive to the steelbook. When I got it the steelbook was the same price as the amaray, easy decision. Steelbook has black and white cover instead of red, but the disc is the same in both releases.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
Yeah the standard release never had the 20 page booklet, that was exclusive to the steelbook. When I got it the steelbook was the same price as the amaray, easy decision. Steelbook has black and white cover instead of red, but the disc is the same in both releases.
Thanks DaveSimonH.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward3289 View Post
The UK release of Metallica's Francais Pour Nuit (spelling?) is almost impossible to find, as well as the original transformers: the movie. Then there is the usual collectors editions etc.
I just missed out on Transformers 1986 for 4!!!
"Now everybody's equal, just don't measure it!"
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
...somewhere in Sweden
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothic_hobbit View Post
Italian version is great.

as far as OOP UK titles--many of the ITV bds were unavailable on amazon.uk and only listed by sellers, but suddenly seemed to have returned in the last few days.
I had a real hard time getting a few titles I wanted to be sure to get, and now they are back in stock so I have no idea what is going on. the bds do not appear in the ITV online store anymore.
(at least the last time I checked)

Last edited by Arkadin; 07-19-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #15
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHassell18 View Post
They Live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothic_hobbit View Post
The UK SD upgrade version pretty much doesn't exist. It never hits eBay. I've even e-mailed Optimum and asked them if there was ANY way I could get a copy, but they said that "it wasn't possible". People say that it was pulled from the shelves, but I don't think it was ever on the shelves to begin with. Only a few were given out to reviewers and I guess that's the only way you can get one, if you know one of the reviewers and they still have it.

I don't know if your question was whether there are other versions. If it was, then yes, there's a great Italian transfer, but with ZERO extras:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/They-Live-Blu-ray/21331/

This is also a Studio Canal release, and I guess it will be the same as the UK one which is supposed to come out on Sep. 5th, although I hear that it's been delayed.

Quote:
it is re-released in Sept
I read on this forum that it is delayed, or maybe I misunderstood the post:

"This title has been delayed by Optimum. Not surprising when you consider their current output of upcoming titles."

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...september.html

Can anyone find some OFFICIAL link with a statement from Optimum/Studio Canal about the release? Because all I could find is an article here without any links and some people talking about it on forums. I have no idea where they got the date from. And the pre-order link on amazon.co.uk doesn't come up when you type "They Live" on the search bar. The amazon link they have on this site has a pre-order option, but doesn't mention any date. Nor does it have a picture of a cover. Very mysterious indeed.

Last edited by I KEEL YOU; 07-19-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #16

Nov 2009
Liverpool, Uk

Quote:
I got Francais.. for nothing!! Well, it was showing up online in CEX so I took a drive upto Darlington with a few dvd's in the glovebox, and came away with the blu and a voucher too!

Only cost me 40 in petrol, dinner out with the wife on the way and a few treats etc for the way home, so probably all in all about 80 But I couldnt justify paying the listed price on amazon of 60++ so I tell myself it wasnt so bad a deal
Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 AM   #17

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
This one? http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transf...-Blu-ray/2016/

That's usually in our bargain bins over here.. the UK release that is.. it usually has a sticker price of about 10 bucks.

why is it so collectible now, when the aus release has more features?
Old 07-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #18

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
This one? http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transf...-Blu-ray/2016/

That's usually in our bargain bins over here.. the UK release that is.. it usually has a sticker price of about 10 bucks.

why is it so collectible now, when the aus release has more features?

Yeah, that exact release. Have you not seen the price that is wanted for it on Amazon UK? I'm sure you can get it cheap by shopping around in second hand stores or whatever here too, or maybe a bargain on ebay, but it's definitely OOP in the UK.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #19

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuLeX View Post
I got Francais.. for nothing!! Well, it was showing up online in CEX so I took a drive upto Darlington with a few dvd's in the glovebox, and came away with the blu and a voucher too!

Only cost me 40 in petrol, dinner out with the wife on the way and a few treats etc for the way home, so probably all in all about 80 But I couldnt justify paying the listed price on amazon of 60++ so I tell myself it wasnt so bad a deal
I bought one on ebay thinking it was the UK edition, turned out to be the french edition after the seller told me otherwise, but I think I paid about 15. Not usually a fan of imports, but don't suppose this one actually mattered being a music blu-ray.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #20

May 2009
New Zealand

Yeah I saw the insane price on Amazon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland