Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
13 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
OrlandoEastwood OrlandoEastwood is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
OrlandoEastwood's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Mexico, OH
76
545
2
85
24
Default From Dusk Till Dawn / From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money (1996 - 1998)

Ok, so I got the double feature and I compared the file sizes of the individual From Dusk Till Dawn vs the double feature From Dusk Till Dawn. From Dusk Till Dawn on the individual release is 19.63GB and From Dusk Till Dawn on the double feature is 14.70GB. I did notice that it seemed compressed on the double feature. FDTD has English DTS-HD MA 5.1 on both the individual and double feature release. FDTD2:TBM is scary, transfer wise. The film comes in at 8.21GB!!! That essentially makes it a BD-9 disc by itself. Audio wise, it's English DTS-HD MA 2.0. Both films are 1080p.





From Dusk Till Dawn / From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money Blu-ray
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
Crimson King Crimson King is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
19
9
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
Ok, so I got the double feature and I compared the file sizes of the individual From Dusk Till Dawn vs the double feature From Dusk Till Dawn. From Dusk Till Dawn on the individual release is 19.63GB and From Dusk Till Dawn on the double feature is 14.70GB. I did notice that it seemed compressed on the double feature. FDTD has English DTS-HD MA 5.1 on both the individual and double feature release. FDTD2:TBM is scary, transfer wise. The film comes in at 8.21GB!!! That essentially makes it a BD-9 disc by itself. Audio wise, it's English DTS-HD MA 2.0. Both films are 1080p.






From Dusk Till Dawn / From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money Blu-ray
looks like BB will getting a copy of the double feature back, glad I didnt open mine yet!, I'll stick w/ my $7.99 copy of the first film that I got from K-mart.

They should have released the 2nd and 3rd films as the dbl featue instead.

I'll keep my original DVD set for the extras (ala Full Tilt boogie)

Makes my afraid to open my Supercop/Twin Dragons Jackie Chan two-fer now!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
OrlandoEastwood OrlandoEastwood is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
OrlandoEastwood's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Mexico, OH
76
545
2
85
24
Default

I wrote a review for Supercop / Twin Dragons. It's the same transfer on both individual and double feature.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Crimson King Crimson King is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
19
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
I wrote a review for Supercop / Twin Dragons. It's the same transfer on both individual and double feature.
at least that's better than the Dusk two-fer, which I returned today by the way!

I will pick it up if it like drops to like 5 bones or something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
bullets bullets is offline
Senior Member
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
524
1
1
Default

I saw this at Kmart for 9.99 today ,almost got it but wasn't sure I should.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
DetroitSportsFan DetroitSportsFan is offline
Hot Deals Moderator
 
DetroitSportsFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Detroit, MI
1257
6
40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I saw this at Kmart for 9.99 today ,almost got it but wasn't sure I should.
Just stick with the individual releases. 2 movies on 1 BD-25 is unacceptable.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38 AM.