COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Restored Jazz Big Band Classics (Blu-ray)
$141.30
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$183.99
Earth From Above: Stunning Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Shiki: Complete Series S.A.V.E. (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Earth & Space (Blu-ray)
$22.20

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Books/eBooks

Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 AM   #21
Expert Member

Feb 2008
Out West PSNetwork: DanceTheSpears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie_is_a_dork View Post
Today's secret registration addy:

[Show spoiler]http://quill.pottermore.com/252

Hurry!
bah! School is really getting in the way of getting into Pottermore early!
"Take life as it comes. Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can." ~WoT~

Books I'm currently reading
Old 08-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByAsh'aman View Post
bah! School is really getting in the way of getting into Pottermore early!
From Pottermore Insider Blog:
UPDATED: So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?

We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow’s clue (Day 6) will be released between 1:30pm and 4.00pm BST, and the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August.
Day 6/Book 6:
1:30-4pm BST
8:30-11am EDT
5:30-8am PDT

Day 7/Book 7:
12:30-3am BST
7:30-10pm EDT
4:30-7pm PDT

FYI, You might be on your own for clue 6, since I lent book 6 to my brother, who lives like 120 miles away. I didn't need the book for clue 5, but just in case, have your copy of HP&tHBP ready to look up the answer!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #23

Dec 2010

Clue is live at pottermore.com

Hint: The last chapter (Chapter 30) is The White Tomb
Old 08-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreacher View Post
Clue is live at pottermore.com

Hint: The last chapter (Chapter 30) is The White Tomb
Yup!

link:
Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Quote:
Yup!

link:
[Show spoiler]420 eh? Harry Pothead?
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/binarymellon

PSN: binarymellon
EA Origin Account: binarymelon
Steam Account: binarymelon
Old 08-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #26

Dec 2010

yes, I thought they may not have properly thought that one thru...
Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymelon View Post
LOL I was totally thinking that when I did the math. Get out of my head! It's crowded enough already, with Justin being there alllll the damn time!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Has anyone received their welcome email yet?

Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Has anyone received their welcome email yet?
I hear they were waiting for the 48-hour confirmation period to expire for day 7 registrants. Hopefully that means the first waves will be starting soooooon! I kinda hope my day 1 resitration goes through before day 7s though :x

Last edited by Stephie_is_a_dork; 08-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Apparently someone was able to get in. Quite possible it's a fake, but you never know. Also according to @PottermreBetas they were a day 2 registration, so they might not be doing these in order.

http://twitpic.com/631cny/full

Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

New post on the insider blog. I won't use spoilers since the magical quill challenge is over now. It sounds like we will be receiving pre-Welcome emails to tell us when we should be receiving access.

Source: http://insider.pottermore.com/2011/0...clues-and.html

Quote:

As you may have noticed, the Quill is now back in its ink pot. It appeared in a variety of places over the seven days of The Magical Quill challenge and Harry Potter readers from around the world dedicated themselves to finding it.

We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who joined in and took the time to search for the Quill; we hope you enjoyed spotting the clues and solving them.

If you didn’t manage to find The Magical Quill and register for the Beta, please don’t worry; Pottermore will be open to all in October. However, if you did manage to register for an early access place you will soon receive a ‘selected for early entry’ email.

As we mentioned in our earlier post, we’re staggering access to the Beta site, so you may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive. This second email will let you know that your account has been activated and that you can log in to Pottermore. (Please note that the 'Sign in to Pottermore' link has been temporarily removed from the Pottermore site and that it will return when the first early access accounts are enabled.)

Finally, we thought the curious amongst you might like to know exactly which clues appeared on which days, and what the clue solutions were.

Day 1 Clue
How many breeds of owl are featured on the Eeylops Owl Emporium sign?
Answer: 5
Multiply this number by 49.
Solution: 245

Day 2 Clue
What is the number of the chapter in which Professor McGonagall cancels the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff?
Answer: 14
Multiply this number by 42.
Solution: 588
(Note: if you read the Day 2 clue in a language other than English you would have been asked to multiply the answer by a different number to ensure you saw the right language page.)

Day 3 Clue
In the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch match, in Harry’s third year, how many points is Gryffindor leading by before Harry catches the Golden Snitch?
Answer: 60
Multiply this number by 35.
Solution: 2100

Day 4 Clue
How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry’s fourth year?
Answer: 4
Multiply this number by 28.
Solution: 112

Day 5 Clue
What is the house number of the Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place?
Answer: 12
Multiply this number by 21.
Solution: 252

Day 6 Clue
How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince? 

Answer: 30
Multiply this number by 14.
Solution: 420

Day 7 Clue
How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Answer: 3
Multiply this number by 7.
Solution: 21

And, yes, all the multipliers were multiples of seven!

We would like to thank all the partners that helped us with The Magical Quill challenge: Sony, Warner Bros., Guardian.co.uk, Scholastic, and Universal Orlando.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Yeah, I got all excited when I saw a "Congratulations!" e-mail from Pottermore, but it wasn't the Welcome e-mail. Booooo! Pretty much all old info.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Quote:
Yeah, I got all excited when I saw a "Congratulations!" e-mail from Pottermore, but it wasn't the Welcome e-mail. Booooo! Pretty much all old info.
I was hoping the congrats email would have more specifics for each person on when they would be receiving access, but it looks like it's a generic message from what I've been seeing people tweet. Oh well. Here's hoping that Day 1s will start to get their welcome emails by the end of the weekend.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada
Default Beta period is now open

http://insider.pottermore.com/2011/0...ering-for.html

Quote:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider post carefully.

The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.

We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.

As Pottermore Beta users, you’ll be exploring all the different elements of the site and, hopefully, sharing your thoughts with us along the way. How? By using the ‘Beta feedback’ button. You’ll find it located at the bottom right-hand corner of every page on the site, and this is what it looks like:

It’s important for us to know what you enjoy about the site, what you would like to see improved, and that you tell us about any parts you think aren’t working smoothly.

As well as the ‘Beta feedback’ button on the site itself, we’ll also send each Beta user a survey to complete, asking some detailed questions about the Pottermore website.

All this information will be collated and analysed to help make Pottermore as enjoyable, interesting and easy-to-use as possible.

A note on registering for October

Very soon, we’ll be opening Pottermore registration for October. This means:

- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.

- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).

We’ll be updating the Insider with all the latest Pottermore news and information, so please continue to visit the blog.

See you soon!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Yeah I activated a few minutes after registering. From the FAQ, I was unsure if there was an email going out prior to the Welcome Email (shortly after the magical quill ending) to let you know when you would be receiving it. I just hope that those who signed up earlier are going to be given some priority over those who got in on the later clues. I thought that I heard the first few clues were intentionally more difficult and there would be no reason for that if everyone had an equal chance to getting early access.

I got MahoganyNimbus88 and I got my wife NettleHazel11. I wish we could have selected our own username, but I also like that everyone's name will be themed around the wizarding world. Now I just have to decide if I start reading and try to finish Game of Thrones before making my run through the Potter books once I gain access.
Quote:
Yup!

link:
Quote:
Quote:
LOL I was totally thinking that when I did the math. Get out of my head! It's crowded enough already, with Justin being there alllll the damn time!
Sent you a friend request! I'm FlameScarlet119 and we're both in Ravenclaw with the same owl! Incidentally, so is Justin. Now it really is crowded inside my head
Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Super glad I got put into Ravenclaw!
New York Giants - Super Bowl XLVI Champions

PSN ID: cheaitsjustin | PS3/PSN/PSP Collection
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2

Steve Jobs (1955-2011)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Pottermore potion-making tips:
  • When pouring ingredients directly from bottle to mortar/cauldron, lean bottle against the edge for better control.
  • When adding a certain # of ingredients, make sure the counter registers it before moving on to the next step.
  • Regulate temp using the Off, Low & High buttons. A melted cauldron will cost you house points AND galleons!
  • Many ingredients can be collected in the story. Note where they are; you can collect more when you run out!
  • Set a timer when you have to leave your potion to brew! Even if you think you'll remember, stuff happens!

Last edited by Stephie_is_a_dork; 09-05-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaitsjustin View Post
Super glad I got put into Ravenclaw!
Me too! What other house would be worthy of us Blu-ray.com smarties?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Pottermore potion-making tips:
  • When pouring ingredients directly from bottle to mortar/cauldron, lean bottle against the edge for better control.
  • When adding a certain # of ingredients, make sure the counter registers it before moving on to the next step.
  • Regulate temp using the Off, Low & High buttons. A melted cauldron will cost you house points AND galleons!
  • Many ingredients can be collected in the story. Note where they are; you can collect more when you run out!
  • Don't forget about your potion when it's brewing!

Quote:
Me too! What other house would be worthy of us Blu-ray.com smarties?
IKR?!

Sweet! I successfully brewed Cure for Boils! It took like 3 tries, but I got it!
New York Giants - Super Bowl XLVI Champions

PSN ID: cheaitsjustin | PS3/PSN/PSP Collection
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2

Steve Jobs (1955-2011)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Books/eBooks