COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Futurama: Volume 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Monsieur Verdoux (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
High School Confidential (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Being John Malkovich (Blu-ray)
$19.99
True Romance (Blu-ray)
$4.75
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (Blu-ray)
$16.07

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 02-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #341

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesis View Post
I agree! I tried emailing them and asking if I could exchange my redemption codes for iTunes codes because I want to be able to store these digital copies in my iPod! Tell me why the site is so freakin' confusing... I believe you have to take a ticket in order for them to hear from you. WTF! I received an email from them asking to enter the redemption code for Harry Potter.... It wasn't even the movie I asked the iTunes code for... I don't get it! I don't even think they understand what I'm trying to say when I email them about my iTunes code and I think the email isn't even written by a person... Help?
I emailed them about this as well since I can't stand ultraviolet...I want it on itunes so i can watch it on my apple tv, iphone, ipad etc. and they basically said you are S.O.L it seems like they used to give codes to people for itunes but too many people were probably asking for them and so they stopped.....really aggravating.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #342
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Burbank, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan View Post
I emailed them about this as well since I can't stand ultraviolet...I want it on itunes so i can watch it on my apple tv, iphone, ipad etc. and they basically said you are S.O.L it seems like they used to give codes to people for itunes but too many people were probably asking for them and so they stopped.....really aggravating.
Really? That's BS! Can you give me the email address please. I want to contact them again because I had no luck emailing them on their site...

Last edited by Thesis; 02-29-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #343
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadow1981 View Post
if you own the film just download it online simple job done and no UltraViolet BS!

or go ahead and jump thou all the hoops they want you to just so you can play your own media where you want and on what you want be it an ipad or whatever
I'd research the laws in your jurisdiction before you believe and act on the above post.
The artist formerly known as O_V_N.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #344

Jan 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to BluDisc
WBShop

I agree. I prefer the iTunes digital copies. It seems Warner Brothers is the most guilty of using Ultraviolet. It's thanks to that switch that I can no longer get Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1...
NOW you're John Hammond.

Last edited by BluDisc; 02-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #345

Jan 2010

Any movie I purchase that has a streaming only UV DC I will submit a ticket on their site and request the iTunes version. It worked well with Green Lantern and Hangover 2 and I received those discs in the mail in about 2 weeks from the time I submitted the tickets.
Epson 3010 3D Projector
Panasonic DMP-BDP210 3D Bluray Player
100" Elite Screen
Kenwood 600w HtiB
Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #346

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesis View Post
Really? That's BS! Can you give me the email address please. I want to contact them again because I had no luck emailing them on their site...
They actually told me to contact Sony directly
Consumer@SPHECustomerSupport.Sony.com

since they couldn't help me and Sony of course also wouldn't do anything.

I went to Ultraviolet's website and went through the contact links and they emailed me within a few days telling me there was nothing they could do and then referred me to the sony email.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #347
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

That's lame. I haven't done it (written Flixter, asking for iTunes code/disk instead of the UV) since December, although I've since bought Blu's which came with UV "digital copies" (so I have to do it again). When I did it in December, it was easy cheesy. Now they've changed their tune? Ugh.

I did it with:

Green Lantern
Horrible Bosses
Crazy, Stupid, Love

I've always taken the stance...fine, you want to push UV. Why not let customers decide though? Either sell one version with UV dc and one version with iTunes dc...-or-...put codes for both in the same package. Downloading one renders the other useless. Allow customers to decide! They've taken a hit I think. So many customers are giving movies 1 star reviews on Amazon due only to the UV digital copy sucking so hard.

One bright note...I got a free copy of "Johnny English Reborn" yesterday. It's a WB release. I noticed on the sticker it reads:

COMBO PACK
(watch it anytime, anywhere)
Blu-ray
DVD
iTunes Digital Copy
Ultraviloet
*stream download by 7/27/12

Maybe they're starting to include both versions of dc???!!!! I'd post a pic of the sticker but I've no idea how to upload pics on this site.
"Who is Guy..Meatdrapes? What kinda' name is that?" "Um..it's um..Medrapades sir, it's uh, it's Greek." "Well I think you're pronouncing it wrong. This says Meatdrapes." "It's actually pronounced, um, Medrapades." "Well why doesn't it sound like that when I say it? Meatdrapes."

Last edited by Hunk Golden; 03-03-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #348
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy View Post
Any movie I purchase that has a streaming only UV DC I will submit a ticket on their site and request the iTunes version. It worked well with Green Lantern and Hangover 2 and I received those discs in the mail in about 2 weeks from the time I submitted the tickets.
I got discs in the mail, but I when I inserted them and used my original code, I got an invalid code message. I wrote back to UV 3 different times asking how to fix or for them to send me a code that worked and they ignored all my requests. So, I got the discs for iTunes versions, but still couldn't download them. Oh well, my iTunes is taking up too much space on my hard drive anyway with all my movies and music...
Old 03-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #349

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
I got discs in the mail, but I when I inserted them and used my original code, I got an invalid code message. I wrote back to UV 3 different times asking how to fix or for them to send me a code that worked and they ignored all my requests. So, I got the discs for iTunes versions, but still couldn't download them. Oh well, my iTunes is taking up too much space on my hard drive anyway with all my movies and music...
The original codes will not work with these 'replacement' discs. The email you got from them should have a Support Redemption Code. That's what you want to use.
Epson 3010 3D Projector
100" Elite Screen
Kenwood 600w HtiB
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #350

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunk Golden View Post
Why not let customers decide though? Either sell one version with UV dc and one version with iTunes dc...-or-...put codes for both in the same package.[/B]
At least with the release of Cowboys and Aliens they have both, a digital iTunes copy and a way to redeem the UV streaming version.
Epson 3010 3D Projector
100" Elite Screen
Kenwood 600w HtiB
Old 03-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #351

Aug 2008
Nova Scotia, Canada

It's the first I heard of the ultar version before. Non of the bluray discs I have have this that I now of.
Sharp 46" Aquos. Denon AVR-591 5.1
Front - Polk audio R50's
Rears- Polk audio T-300's
Center- Polk audio CS180
Sub- Polk audio PSW10 sub. Protection-Monster HDP 1800
PS3 Slim 160gig, Ipad 32 gig. Logitech Ps3 adaptor.
Remote-Harmony one, Motarolla DCX-3400 hd box.PSN ID mrzomb.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #352
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Saginaw, MI

Quote:
That's lame. I haven't done it (written Flixter, asking for iTunes code/disk instead of the UV) since December, although I've since bought Blu's which came with UV "digital copies" (so I have to do it again). When I did it in December, it was easy cheesy. Now they've changed their tune? Ugh.

I did it with:

Green Lantern
Horrible Bosses
Crazy, Stupid, Love

I've always taken the stance...fine, you want to push UV. Why not let customers decide though? Either sell one version with UV dc and one version with iTunes dc...-or-...put codes for both in the same package. Downloading one renders the other useless. Allow customers to decide! They've taken a hit I think. So many customers are giving movies 1 star reviews on Amazon due only to the UV digital copy sucking so hard.

One bright note...I got a free copy of "Johnny English Reborn" yesterday. It's a WB release. I noticed on the sticker it reads:

COMBO PACK
Blu-ray
DVD
iTunes Digital Copy
Ultraviloet

Maybe they're starting to include both versions of dc???!!!! I'd post a pic of the sticker but I've no idea how to upload pics on this site.
I mailed WB about the UV copy with JLA: Doom, the response I got was not even from WB, it was from UV. Just a short letter saying no iTunes compatibility. Guess my next mail will be a complaint.
Main Gear: Samsung PN60E550 - Region Free Sony BDP-S790 - Xbox 360 Slim 250 - Wii - Onkyo 606 - OTA - Windows Media Center - Logitech Harmony One
Basement Gear: Samsung 46" lcd - Sony BDP-S370 - OTA - Logitech Harmony X-Box
Bedroom Gear: Sony KDL-40Z4100 40" - HTPC
Old 03-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #353
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Goldsboro, NC
Send a message via AIM to cathexist Send a message via MSN to cathexist

...can't get an iTunes version of Drive...I hate these damn ultraviolet versions
PSN ID: cathexist Rock Band 2 band: Atomic Hearts Rock Band 2 character: Beethoven
Home Theater Setup: 60GB PS3, Sanyo PLV-1080HD Projector, JVC RX-D412B A/V Receiver
Trade Thread Home Theater Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #354
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Burbank, CA

Quote:

I did it with:

Green Lantern
Horrible Bosses
Crazy, Stupid, Love

COMBO PACK
Blu-ray
DVD
iTunes Digital Copy
Ultraviloet

I want to get the iTunes Digital Copies for "Horrible Bosses" and "Crazy, Stupid, Love." Did you email flixster for these codes? I just don't know who to email because the second time I tried Flixster, it wasn't even a clear response... They simply emailed me asking me for my codes without any explanation as to whether or not they would send me codes for iTunes in exchange.

Last edited by Thesis; 03-13-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #355
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Columbus, Ohio

People keep saying they want iTunes so they can store the movie in their iphone. You guys do realize that you can download the UV copies on an iphone and store it if you want right? In fact these codes give MORE choice now. Now people who don't and will not support apple can now use their digital copies. Obviously that's me. How can anyone argue that more choices for more people is bad? And most of not all paramount and universal dcs go each you both uv AND iTunes. And no, using one doesn't not invalidate the other. Redeem them on the studios sit at the same time.

Don't like uv, fine, just dl the iTunes part of those
Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #356
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Burbank, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdragon View Post
People keep saying they want iTunes so they can store the movie in their iphone. You guys do realize that you can download the UV copies on an iphone and store it if you want right? In fact these codes give MORE choice now. Now people who don't and will not support apple can now use their digital copies. Obviously that's me. How can anyone argue that more choices for more people is bad? And most of not all paramount and universal dcs go each you both uv AND iTunes. And no, using one doesn't not invalidate the other. Redeem them on the studios sit at the same time.

You could download the digital copy and watch it on your iPhone, or iPod, but I heard you can't permanently keep the file... I haven't bothered to check because I would rather have codes for iTunes instead. :-/

Last edited by Thesis; 03-14-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #357
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdragon View Post

Also, from what I know, UltraViolet is restricted to the country from which you bought the digital copy from and, unlike iTunes, you cannot bypass this restriction.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #358

Mar 2008
Maryland

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31322_3-57...carouselMain.0

Good info on UltraViolet. I personally can't stand UV & closed my accounts after the first two attemps to get iTunes codes.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #359
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifjr View Post
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31322_3-57...carouselMain.0

Good info on UltraViolet. I personally can't stand UV & closed my accounts after the first two attemps to get iTunes codes.
I don't get it. UV is UV, Vudu is Vudu, as far as I know WM gives people a Vudu copy, not a UV copy. She even says so herself but she keeps on calling it a UV copy.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #360
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Oh my God, the digital distribution plan is so immature, so poorly thought out... Awful.

iTunes is still the best solution out there, but that one is far from perfect as well

Last edited by Lnds500; 03-18-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology