COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Terror Train (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
American Horror Story: Coven (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #1

Dec 2010
USA
Thumbs up Little House On The Prairie Complete Collection.

There's already a DVD collection but some episodes are cut short and there's some issues with AQ and PQ.

Anyone else want the whole collection on bluray?

I've been watching some episodes on hallmark and its the downright best TV series I have ever watched.

Last edited by Caleb; 08-15-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #2

Feb 2011

Oh yes, I would like to have this show on Blu-Ray.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #3

Dec 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Oh yes, I would like to have this show on Blu-Ray.
Yay......so far we have ONE supporter of the series besides myself.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #4

Jun 2010
Lancaster, PA

Man, there's like 10 seasons to this show. I would think the cost to restore would be astronomical. While the show has loyal viewers (we moved a lot of the season sets on DVD at the store I used to work at), they generally aren't the demographic which a) would double dip on such a thing and b) would even own a blu-ray player in the first place.

Still, I have a lot of memories tied to this show. IF they released it and IF the price wasn't too insane, I'd contemplate a purchase on blu.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #5

Dec 2010
USA

I would pay up to 300$ for the whole collection on bluray.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->127 UV-------->254

Even though the show was done in 1.33:1 it was indeed done on film so this might eventually see the light of day on BD.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #7

Dec 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theory View Post
While the show has loyal viewers (we moved a lot of the season sets on DVD at the store I used to work at), they generally aren't the demographic which a) would double dip on such a thing and b) would even own a blu-ray player in the first place.
Yeah I think your right.....Most little house fans probably just have VHS/DVD players.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #8

Feb 2011
NB, Canada

I want this series on Blu-ray so bad you have no idea. However, after looking over the episodes from just the first season, I can tell you that there are so many issues with them that it will probably never happen.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someday though..
Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #9

Sep 2010
North Carolina, USA

I would love to have these on Blu-ray. I have them on dvd and would gladly upgrade them. Fantastic Show!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:28 AM   #10

Jul 2011

I would really like to see these on Blu-ray with the best picture and audio quality possible using the elements that exist. I would also like to have all episodes including the season 6 flashback episode and the pilot, in their complete, uncut glory. The DVD set has been criticized for lacking in such areas.

Such a Blu-ray release would be something that parents could enjoy with their kids and not have to worry about what might appear on the television during commercial breaks, plus there's the ability to watch as many episodes as you want at a time.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #11
Expert Member

Jan 2012
USA

Grew up watching this show when i moved to the USA back in the 90's. A blu ray treatment would be nice.
BD Wishlist: Grandma's Boy, Splendor in the Grass, Ginger Snaps Trilogy, That Night, Roman Holiday.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #12
Power Member

Oct 2009

Would love to see this on BD. Or at the very least, some competent HD stream with *complete* episodes, nothing that shortchanges the buyer/renter.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I know my mother would love to see this show on Blu-ray.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
...somewhere in Sweden
-

I grew up watching this show when it originally aired on NBC in the 70's.
(I know scary)
I loved it--one of my favorite tv series for sure.
I have a bunch of the dvd seasons, but really think a bd treatment would only need to focus on the first 6 seasons or so.
sure it would be great to have the entire series, but let's be honest--the series really goes down hill after
[Show spoiler] Mary goes blind, leaves Walnut Grove and the Laura becomes the teacher and gets married, etc. etc.

Like many series the early years are what will always be remembered, not all the later stuff with Almanzo, Percival, Nancy, and Nellie's restaurant.

Last edited by Arkadin; 03-14-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

My mother absolutely loves this show and watching the reruns on DVD and Hallmark the show has really grown on me sure its corny as all hell but still a good wholesome family show. I dont mind the later seasons either withthe exception of Nancy I hated her and was not to fond of Albert either. I would love to see the series get the blu treatment but I will not hold my breath as I dont see it happening any time soon..but if I did I would gladly re buy the series on blu
Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #16

Jul 2011

Does Hallmark HD broadcast high-def versions of Little House?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #17

Apr 2012
Red face Full episodes?

So I've heard that the original little house on the prairie episodes first came out on DVD but had a ton of scenes cut out (not to mention bad sound quality) and I was wondering if the Blu-ray version has the full scenes and maybe better quality. I know it's really late to be talking about this but I've been watching the show on Hallmark and decided I wanted the series for myself. Thanks to anyone who helps me!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #18

Apr 2012
Hickville, USA

I would buy it! I grew up with this show. It and the Waltons was what my parents allowed us to watch.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #19

Dec 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZiggyCat View Post
So I've heard that the original little house on the prairie episodes first came out on DVD but had a ton of scenes cut out (not to mention bad sound quality) and I was wondering if the Blu-ray version has the full scenes and maybe better quality. I know it's really late to be talking about this but I've been watching the show on Hallmark and decided I wanted the series for myself. Thanks to anyone who helps me!
It hasn't even been announced yet.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #20

Sep 2012

A few years ago, someone who runs a Little House site told me that the original 35mm negatives are housed at NBC's warehouse in Fort Lee, New Jersey. He said there is a tape master of the uncut episodes kept in the Burbank vault. He also said a syndication set was made in 1984 and that Paramount has a copy of the uncut tape masters and a copy of the syndication set at their studio in Hollywood. For some reason, Imavision was given the syndication set and that's what was used to make the DVDs.

At the very least, the uncut tape masters should have been used for the DVD's. We can only hope that some day, the original 35mm negatives will be used to put the series out on Blu-ray.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists