COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Operation Petticoat (Blu-ray)
$17.98
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas / Twice Upon a Christmas (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
HD Aviation: 100 Years of Flight (Blu-ray)
$12.98
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.99
All That Heaven Allows (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jarhead 2: Field of Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.78
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI
Default Fright Night (1985) Limited to 3,000 Copies - SOLD OUT - Review

Fright Night Blu-ray Amazon

Fright Night Blu-ray Review

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_...RAY-PRE-ORDER/

Quote:
According to a statement released by Twilight Time, only 3000 units of each title will be produced, aimed at the collector/classic film aficionado market, and available exclusively online through http://www.screenarchives.com, the nation's largest independent distributor of specialty soundtracks.

The November 8th Blu-ray debut of director Cy Endfield's and special effects master Ray Harryhausen's 1961 science fiction/fantasy classic, Mysterious Island, will be followed by a new release on the first Tuesday of each month. Scheduled follow-up on December 13th is the original Fright Night (1985), the horror/comedy cult favorite written and directed by Tom Holland and starring Chris Sarandon and Roddy McDowall.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 06-30-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Power Member

Jun 2011

Sweet.

Just saw the remake and it was WAY better than I expected. I will pick this up too for comparison purposes.
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden
Old 08-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Interzone

excellent news, just wish it was here before halloween. at least its coming though!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

FINALLY
Old 08-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #5

Jun 2009

Your so cool Brewster!

Fvck yes this is a must own. I wish we can also get FRIGHT NIGHT: PART 2 on bd with a widescreen transfer and special features so it can put my OOP dvd to shame.

Lets hope we get some speacial features on this disc.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #6

Feb 2008
Sweden

SWEEEET!!!

This is such a campy feelgood horror movie.

Pls have the original poster art on the cover PLS!!!!!

What i also want is the original "Waxwork" movie and the sequel aswell. And bring on "Return Of The Living Dead Part 2" and i´ll be a happy camper.
"You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down."
Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #7

Oct 2008
Lanus, Argentina

yessssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!! Wich studio will release it ?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

The HD broadcast of Fright Night 2 is widescreen and looks damn good.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Bay Area, CA

I never saw the original as far as I can remember but did see the new one and liked it. Hear the original is better so I will make this a blind buy most likely.
"Multitasking - screwing up several things at once!"
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #10
Special Member

Feb 2010
Chicago

Sony's giving the reins to Twilight Time so expect a quality release but a less than appealing price. Sometimes you gotta pay more to get more. I personally think this movie's worth it especially when there's a nice booklet and only 3000 copies.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
Special Member

Apr 2011
Pennsylvania

Great news!! I met William Ragsdale at a horror convention two weeks ago and i had asked him if he had known anything about a Blu-ray release and he said no but that he recently viewed a new print of the movie and he said it looked Gorgeous!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:07 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

The "3000 copies" bit has me a bit nervous. Seems a little low for a title like this, no?

I just don't want to miss out because I didn't pre-order the second it went up for sale on the distributor's site.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blu Knight View Post
Sony's giving the reins to Twilight Time so expect a quality release but a less than appealing price. Sometimes you gotta pay more to get more. I personally think this movie's worth it especially when there's a nice booklet and only 3000 copies.
Fright Night the original is limited to 3000 copies? or the new one? you have a link? proof?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by benricci View Post
The "3000 copies" bit has me a bit nervous. Seems a little low for a title like this, no?

I just don't want to miss out because I didn't pre-order the second it went up for sale on the distributor's site.
They have yet to sell out of a single one of their titles at Twilight Time. All the DVDs and the (currently, single) blu-ray are all limited to 3000, all have been available for months still.

That being said, I wouldn't snooze on any of these. If you want it, make sure to preorder.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
FINALLY
Same thing I was thinking when I saw this post.

I guess there gonna be releasing this the same time as the remake. Plus it be Sweet if they included part 2 with the first. But their own by different companies.
I have a horror script I wrote called "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like influenced. If interested in reading it. Please PM me.
My Blu rays for sale Thread

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"
Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Taken from the other post on blu-ray.com regarding Twilight Time:

This release is out of ScreenArchives.com:

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (September 1, 2011) — Specialty label TWILIGHT TIME has struck a deal with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to license and release classic films from the Sony-owned Columbia Pictures library in high-definition Blu-ray editions. In line with TWILIGHT TIME’s innovative limited series concept, just 3000 units of each title will be produced, aimed at the collector/classic film aficionado market, and available exclusively online through http://www.screenarchives.com, the nation’s largest independent distributor of specialty soundtracks.

The November 8th Blu-ray debut of director Cy Endfield’s and special effects master Ray Harryhausen’s 1961 science fiction/fantasy classic, Mysterious Island, will be followed by a new release on the first Tuesday of each month. Scheduled follow-up on December 13th is the original Fright Night (1985), the horror/comedy cult favorite written and directed by Tom Holland and starring Chris Sarandon and Roddy McDowall.

Kinda stinks that it's a limited release only available thru this one website, but beggars can't be choosers.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
Taken from the other post on blu-ray.com regarding Twilight Time:

This release is out of ScreenArchives.com:

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (September 1, 2011) — Specialty label TWILIGHT TIME has struck a deal with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment to license and release classic films from the Sony-owned Columbia Pictures library in high-definition Blu-ray editions. In line with TWILIGHT TIME’s innovative limited series concept, just 3000 units of each title will be produced, aimed at the collector/classic film aficionado market, and available exclusively online through http://www.screenarchives.com, the nation’s largest independent distributor of specialty soundtracks.

The November 8th Blu-ray debut of director Cy Endfield’s and special effects master Ray Harryhausen’s 1961 science fiction/fantasy classic, Mysterious Island, will be followed by a new release on the first Tuesday of each month. Scheduled follow-up on December 13th is the original Fright Night (1985), the horror/comedy cult favorite written and directed by Tom Holland and starring Chris Sarandon and Roddy McDowall.

Kinda stinks that it's a limited release only available thru this one website, but beggars can't be choosers.
This is confusing, so the Blu-ray movie is going to be released by screenarchives? or the soundtrack?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #18
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

I updated the OP with more info. I just skimmed the article, and missed the part about the edition size and the exclusive website to order from.

With all of the horror fans out there, and people interested in this as a blind buy, I can see 3000 copies going pretty quick. But the $40 price tag will put off some people.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Detroit, MI

The original is a horror gem and from what I hear, the remake did it justice. However, originals are always better and I can't wait to pick this one up
Hate Kills Us All
Old 08-31-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
This is confusing, so the Blu-ray movie is going to be released by screenarchives? or the soundtrack?
Yes, it's the Blu-Ray, which will include the soundtrack. That's the way I read it anyway.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America