Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Gounod: Faust (Blu-ray)
$32.50
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Continuum: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Miami, FL
USA Glee: The 3D Concert Movie - December 20th

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment brings the Musical Concert on BD and BD 3D this December.

Glee: The 3D Concert Movie Blu-ray

Glee: The 3D Concert Movie Blu-ray Review

Glee: The Concert Movie Blu-ray

Glee: The Concert Movie Blu-ray Review
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"

Last edited by Deciazulado; 12-24-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
Expert Member

Feb 2011

damn they are making us wait forever I want this film know!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I love the series, but the movie was a bit of a disappointment.

The 3D imagery is no where as good as the Hannah Montana or Justin Bieber concert films.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
Special Member

May 2009

Awesome!!!! Cant wait!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 AM   #5

Sep 2008

I'll pick this up. I thought it was pretty cute. I'll even get the 3D version if it also comes with a regular blu!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:22 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodwar View Post
just end the dumb jumping the shark show!
Trolling?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #7
Expert Member

Aug 2011
Belgium

Love the series, but since Belgium might be one of the only countries where Glee isn't a huge hit, we didn't get the theatrical release. So bring me this 'movie', now!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Banned

Aug 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post
Trolling?
Nope. I use to love this show until some things came along.

1: Okay Kurt we know your gay!!!!
2: I wish Sue was just mean period. They ruined her when they made her character have a soft spot!

I have so many more reasons on why this show sucks. I love how they are bringing more music into peoples lives but do they really need to have so many random events happening? Lets say I wish glee would be more fun instead of serious.

And why do people say trolling? I swear adults are doing it now?
Old 09-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #9

Apr 2008
New York, New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban˛ View Post
Love the series, but since Belgium might be one of the only countries where Glee isn't a huge hit, we didn't get the theatrical release. So bring me this 'movie', now!
I feel you, Thailand has no idea what Glee is, I flew to Singapore just to watch this and the theater was packed....

I even went to their first concert in Radio City Music Hall in 2010 and
everyone I know here thought I'm crazy since they don't have any idea what Glee is
"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
Expert Member

Aug 2011
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodwar View Post
1: Okay Kurt we know your gay!!!!

2: I wish Sue was just mean period. They ruined her when they made her character have a soft spot!
I don't agree with those arguments. Cause ...

1. Okay Mercedes, we know you are not slim! Okay Mike we know you are asian ánd have a six-pack! Okay Artie, we know you are in a wheelchair! Okay Queen we now you are selfish and only care about the outside! Okay Mark, we get it ... you are tuff! My point? Why does Kurt bother you? With all the other characters it's the same story in Glee. There's a big focus on those aspects only.

2. If Sue was mean and nothing more, she would be boring to watch, cause then she's nothing more than a cardboard character. And I would think ... Okay Sue, we know you are mean!

@ unjichan : Share the feeling!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
Special Member

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban˛ View Post
I don't agree with those arguments. Cause ...

1. Okay Mercedes, we know you are not slim! Okay Mike we know you are asian ánd have a six-pack! Okay Artie, we know you are in a wheelchair! Okay Queen we now you are selfish and only care about the outside! Okay Mark, we get it ... you are tuff! My point? Why does Kurt bother you? With all the other characters it's the same story in Glee. There's a big focus on those aspects only.

2. If Sue was mean and nothing more, she would be boring to watch, cause then she's nothing more than a cardboard character. And I would think ... Okay Sue, we know you are mean!

@ unjichan : Share the feeling!
Pretty much everything I was thinking about his criticism, add "1: Okay Kurt we know your gay!!!!" "You're"*** The word is "You're" -- and yes, grammar is important. It saves those of us who can read valuable time decoding what you are (you're*) trying to say.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
Banned

Aug 2009
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofsmpleton View Post
Pretty much everything I was thinking about his criticism, add "1: Okay Kurt we know your gay!!!!" "You're"*** The word is "You're" -- and yes, grammar is important. It saves those of us who can read valuable time decoding what you are (you're*) trying to say.
Yeah my bad. But maybe I can watch the new season. I might enjoy it. But decoding the word your and you're is not a big deal. Its a mini mistake.

Last edited by jwoodwar; 10-01-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
Power Member

Apr 2008

I will be picking this up day one. Me and my wife love this show. We were gonna watch the movie but we procrastinated and didnt realize that it was only a two weeks run.
46' Sammy 550 LCD
60gb PS3
HD-DVD A2
Sony 5.1 Surround System
Old 10-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #14

Dec 2009
Texas

Big fan of the show, but the movie I could've lived without. It was quite sad to see the film at the end of its run. I was the only person in the theater to see this movie. Kind of a pathetic run at the box office; I can see why it wasn't released internationally. Don't get me wrong, I loved the film and I was really glad to see it in 3D on the big screen.

I still plan on getting this, but maybe when it's somewhere around $15 like Glee: Encore because I can watch any of the performances from the concert on my Season Two blu-ray minus the prevalent squealing fangirl crowds and the "inspiring" documentary stories. The only benefit of getting this will be to see the added footage that actually relates to the show. But now that season three is on the air, my Glee addiction has been satisfied.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #15

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagueSimplicity View Post
Big fan of the show, but the movie I could've lived without. It was quite sad to see the film at the end of its run. I was the only person in the theater to see this movie. Kind of a pathetic run at the box office; I can see why it wasn't released internationally.
It definitely was released internationally, I saw it here in New Zealand and they even played it more than the two week run that they advertised it at (attempting to recoup some losses perhaps?). It was a pity it bombed, there were only 7 other people at the showing I went to (although it was 10am on a Tuesday), and two of them were seeing it for the second time, so I can't imagine it made much here either.

Hopefully there'll be a feature to skip all the non-singing parts because seeing them once was definitely enough. I won't be picking this up until it's a much lower price, though.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

I enjoyed this movie except that
1) too many clips of fans and
2) The movie is SOOOO short! Its reported running time is like 84-90 minutes, but in actuality it was like 70 minutes long!

as for the show, my biggest complaint lately is that there are too many showtunes! Almost every song lately. They used to have a good balance of Broadway and pop.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old 10-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #17

Dec 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_packet View Post
It definitely was released internationally, I saw it here in New Zealand and they even played it more than the two week run that they advertised it at (attempting to recoup some losses perhaps?). It was a pity it bombed, there were only 7 other people at the showing I went to (although it was 10am on a Tuesday), and two of them were seeing it for the second time, so I can't imagine it made much here either.

Hopefully there'll be a feature to skip all the non-singing parts because seeing them once was definitely enough. I won't be picking this up until it's a much lower price, though.
Oh, sorry. I just re-read that post from Belgium. I was a little confused.

I wonder if one day we'll get a real Glee movie (not a TV movie).
Old 10-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
Expert Member

Mar 2008
Windy Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagueSimplicity View Post
I wonder if one day we'll get a real Glee movie (not a TV movie).
Based on how horrifically this film premiered - I would seriouslly doubt it, especially since many believe that this film was an experiment to see if it would be worth the $50+mil investment to bring the story to the Big Screen. Apparently after the spin-off featuring Kurt and Rachel in New York fell through, FOX had been considering a big-budget 3D Musical Spectatular.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
Special Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterdvd View Post
Based on how horrifically this film premiered - I would seriouslly doubt it, especially since many believe that this film was an experiment to see if it would be worth the $50+mil investment to bring the story to the Big Screen. Apparently after the spin-off featuring Kurt and Rachel in New York fell through, FOX had been considering a big-budget 3D Musical Spectatular.
The spin-off never fell through, they are still considering it. They want to just focus on Glee right now. Fox would definitely approve of a spin off, it all depends on the cast.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:13 AM   #20

Nov 2009

I'd like to have the 3D version in case I get a 3D TV in the future, but I like the cover of the non 3D version so much better. Choices, choices....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America