Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Gounod: Faust (Blu-ray)
$32.50
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Continuum: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #1

Nov 2010
India/Bollywood Ra One Bluray ::: Possibly in 7.1 surround sound ?

Bluray would be releasing shortly after release.

We can expect the 1st bluray in bollywood in 7.1 surround sound ? that would be great
Old 09-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #2

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven star View Post
Bluray would be releasing shortly after release.

We can expect the 1st bluray in bollywood in 7.1 surround sound ? that would be great
quick release 2020 .
Old 10-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

it would be interesting then india's first movie (as far as i know..correct me if i'am wrong) to be mixed in 7.1
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Expert Member

Oct 2009

they are also releasing it in 3D with 7.1 sound.. but u really think Eros will release this film on a true 3D blu ray disc with 7.1 sound?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Ya.one
Old 10-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Copy.One

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
Expert Member

Oct 2009

^^^ batman copied Veer Zaara First ...

so i guess its "Batman Copies"
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #8

Sep 2009
London

i'm sure the hero carrying the heroine wasn't exactly an original poster when Veer Zaara did it either (don't ask for any examples, i have none). its seems a fairly standard poster pose with anything with romance and a little drama.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

I know it is fairly common picture for romantic stories and comics but the thematic similarity is too close in this case.

Even G.One has a similar Arc reactor on his chest just like Ironman.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 10-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
I know it is fairly common picture for romantic stories and comics but the thematic similarity is too close in this case.

Even G.One has a similar Arc reactor on his chest just like Ironman.
well.... i have seen these same posters in facebook but what i say is that the lead character carrying the heroine is very common....and the graphics and theme of both the posters is entirely different...so how are they copied? and in G-ONE that arc reactor part is called HART seen all this on their offlicial website
Old 10-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #11

Sep 2009
Chicago

Wow, I hadn't seen these 2 posters being compared like this before. Shahrukh's expressions and body are very similar to Christian Bale's. Surely they could've come up with something else. Also, this is very different from the Veer-Zaara photo, in which there is eye contact between the hero and heroine. With regards to his "hart," it seems to be heavily inspired by Iron Man. I hope the similarity with other movies stops here.
“To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.” — Y. Martel
Old 10-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

I also hope the similarities end there. I heard that SRK is doing this for his son and many other fans who wanted to see him as a superhero. Well, good enough reason and inspiration but let's see what comes out...

I think inspiration from other movies is good but, it is also important to improvise from inspirations to make an art-form stand on its own.

To make a superhero movie work, a good story and a engaging script is very important apart from technical matters. Spiderman 3 failed in creating what Spiderman 2 achieved and the same goes with Iron Man 2 trying to live up to wht Ironman showed us. Awesome technical stuff and VFX but story wise they were lacking. For the same reason I did not like Robot it was a horrible movie for me to bear. No story and random meaningless VFX.

I hope Ra.One will do some justice here. Personally, I feel Indian Superheroes should have more of a human story than technical brilliance going by the emotional scale of Indian audience (I don't mean overdose of melodrama btw)
My Theater Gallery
Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
To make a superhero movie work, a good story and a engaging script is very important apart from technical matters. Spiderman 3 failed in creating what Spiderman 2 achieved and the same goes with Iron Man 2 trying to live up to wht Ironman showed us. Awesome technical stuff and VFX but story wise they were lacking. For the same reason I did not like Robot it was a horrible movie for me to bear. No story and random meaningless VFX.

I hope Ra.One will do some justice here. Personally, I feel Indian Superheroes should have more of a human story than technical brilliance going by the emotional scale of Indian audience (I don't mean overdose of melodrama btw)
yes...and according to me SRK has made this a complete movie with amazing VFX (he claims best in india-let's see) i heard mr yash chopra and karan johar were called to direct some emotional scenes in this movie..and music of the movie is also very good..and iam hoping movie to be good...BTW i also liked robot (first 2 hours were amazing...but the last 1 hour offered nothing new!)
anywayz the best complete superhero movie according to me till date is KRRISH a good blend of sensible commercial cinema and sci-fi elements...combined with killer acting by hrithik and amazing background score by salim and sulaiman.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
Expert Member

Oct 2009

its funny when certain films are Scene to Scene copies from hollywood.. especially Salman and Akshay kumar films .. and yet they are easily ignored.

Ra.One looks very impressive and here we are comparing how he holds the girl..

as far as his "chest peice" is concerned. Iron Man's chest peice was a Pacemaker to keep his heart pumping. SRK's apparently is his heart entirely .. sue him for picking the colour blue. lol

this is what i hate about our industry.. someone tries to go above and beyond and people sit and citicise the minute flaws.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #15

Nov 2010

I think the dvd/bluray release would be faster than of recent quickies like ready & singham.
If the movie is anything like robo.. its gonna rock
Old 10-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #16

Apr 2010
Default Official Ra.One movie - Kareena Kapoors cool lingo trailer

Blu-Ray Player : Sony PS3(60GB), LGLHB335
TV : KDL52v5100
Amp: LHB335 DTS 5.1
Old 10-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #17

Mar 2010

We don't need a new thread for every trailer of Ra.One...
Old 10-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #18
Suspended

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Before worrying about this getting released in 7.1 surround sound, I'm more concerned with this actually getting released on blu-ray. We saw what happened with Robo. It's possible that this movie can go through the same problems as Robo on home video release.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstashady View Post
We don't need a new thread for every trailer of Ra.One...
Of course we don't. It's just a symptom of the India forum being otherwise dormant for long periods given the fickle trickle of blu-ray releases for Bollywood films
Old 10-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #20

Apr 2010

Blu-Ray Player : Sony PS3(60GB), LGLHB335
TV : KDL52v5100
Amp: LHB335 DTS 5.1
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Tags
bluray 7.1 surround sound, chammak challo songs 2011, kareena anubhav singha, music hd 1080p screens, srk ra one