Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Heh, this entire "compares with Hollywood" is such a silly exercise. Does Hollywood push random songs and "Maa ka aashirwaad" (Mother's blessings) scenes into its movies to show how their films are "as good as Indian movies"?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #42

Oct 2010

Ra One is a let down for me. Some scenes are well taken and will be great to see on 3D. But that alone doesnt make a good movie. Shahrukh has done great job in MNIK. But this one as he said earlier, is for his children. Let down
Old 10-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #43
Suspended

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Heh, this entire "compares with Hollywood" is such a silly exercise. Does Hollywood push random songs and "Maa ka aashirwaad" (Mother's blessings) scenes into its movies to show how their films are "as good as Indian movies"?
I don't even understand the concept of "compares with Hollywood". A movie is either a professionally-made film or an amateurishly-made film.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #44
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

'compares with hollywood' is nothing but a lame excuse trying desperately to prove a point when there is actually no point to prove...Agreeing with toddly here and adding my point - there are two type of films- good and bad, and it doesn't matter where it is made...

I am leaving for India today and a relative of mine has booked tickets for Ra.One for his family with kids and has invited me. I am eager to see what is this 150 Cr labour of love /passion or whatever it is...

Feedback from ppl I know who have good taste for films suggested me to stay clear of this and it seems most reviews have already rated it down for the most important thing in a movie - a coherent story backed by a good script. Not seeing any good feedback from members here ...Well, I have still decided to give it a shot...

Even some of my good friends who are die hard SRK fans have expressed their dissatisfaction indirectly. They very well know by now that I am going to watch this in a few days time and if I don't like it, I will have fun time with them and they will have a hard time convincing me since some of them are not convinced by their own judgement and I am not a hardcore fanboy of any actor.

Look forward to see what Mr Sinha has brewed (along with some other ghost brewers) and whether SRK has done justice to his biggest ambition.

I managed to see the leaked video of Ra.One with Rajani here before the thread was closed for some reason. I don't remember myself laughing so much in recent time and at the same time felt deeply sad and disturbed for the industry and creative art of film making if this is what is called entertainment or crowd pulling tactics and that also portrayed by two of the biggest stars in India today...

I am not able to comprehend why Rajani agreed to do that short cameo. What on earth they were thinking or trying to establish?
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #45

Nov 2009

Nobody didn't mention 3D version
Does it work?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #46
Special Member

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by raSpberRy View Post
Nobody didn't mention 3D version
Does it work?
I have watched the 3D version, and it is Strictly Ok!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #47
Suspended

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
...Well, I have still decided to give it a shot...
I'm still curious to see it too, but maybe rent it. All the big budget movies should be directed by Shankar!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #48

Nov 2010

Guys.. any update on bluray ??its eros ..
Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #49
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Watched in in 4K Digital 3D! .. BRILLIANT.. and the sound.. oh my the sound.. i dont trust EROS they will @!#@! up the sound on the blu ray (if they even release it) . 7.1 audio HD sound was something i've never heard before..
Old 10-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #50

Oct 2009
Santa Monica, California
Default skerbino these are more positive comments on movie other posters

Thanks srkbeno, i trust your opinion, now i am going to watch this movie in 3d, it will be amazing to watch my first hindi movie in 3d, and i will compare it to Pirates of the Caribean or Transformers. It cant be ok, like some others have posted about its 3d capabilities, it is a 30 million dollar movie after all and its King Khan, his finest venture he has ventured at .
Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #51

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkbeno.1 View Post
Watched in in 4K Digital 3D! .. BRILLIANT.. and the sound.. oh my the sound.. i dont trust EROS they will @!#@! up the sound on the blu ray (if they even release it) . 7.1 audio HD sound was something i've never heard before..
Did Ra.One get a 4K DI, and are any theaters actually showing it in 4K? Quite a few theaters have 4K projectors, but whether or not they're actually showing 4K is another matter.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #52

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragun View Post
Did Ra.One get a 4K DI, and are any theaters actually showing it in 4K? Quite a few theaters have 4K projectors, but whether or not they're actually showing 4K is another matter.
@Dragun
No, i really doubt any movie in india will be 4K Di anytime soon. I guess what srkbeno.1 is referring to here is the 3D theatre 'Urvashi' in Bangalore which is the only one that claims to show all movies in 4K digital. While there is proof that it indeed does have the Christie 4k projector, the software is all 2K and upscaled to 4K. strangely, this really helps the theatre big time in 3D movies and makes it no.1 in the country because the primary thing that makes 3D inferior in other theatres is the amount of contrast/brightness which is lower and makes it even lower with blackened 3D glasses. Bec of 4K projector in Urvashi, the brightness really lights it up to make the 3D brightness accurate after wearing glasses and enhances the experience tremendously. In turn, combined with Urvashi's awsome 7.1 Meyer sound audio from USA, it succeeds in making any worst movie seem average which is what srkbeno.1 has experienced...no offense srkbeno.1. All i am trying to say is experience of theatre can have impact on judgment of liking the film.

@Ani
Personally, The movie is the 'worst movie of the year' for me, this comes from someone who likes most SRK movies and knowing your taste, and the fact that u r gonna watch it anyway, probably will become 'worst movie of your life'. On the contrary, my saying this might help you generate negative expectations from the film which might make u like at least something which i am guessing could be the only scene with the entrance of G.one. As far as I am concerned, this movie is SRK's extremely selfish attempt made only and truly for his own kids(and i really doubt their IQ level now) and makes me feel equivalent to what i felt about bhansali when i watched saawariya with the expectations of devdas. Period.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:53 AM   #53
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_FlF...ature=youtu.be

Now that's intresting india's first movie to be really mixed in 7.1!.... and i'll be going to watch ra.one tomorrow.... at least it'll sound brilliant!

P.S sorry guys dont know how to properly post youtube videos here....can someone help?!

Last edited by divyansh; 10-29-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 AM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
now i am going to watch this movie in 3d, it will be amazing to watch my first hindi movie in 3d, and i will compare it to Pirates of the Caribean or Transformers.
Seriously! My first was way back in '84 or something - Chota Chetan, the Hindi dubbed version of the Malayalm film My Dear Kuttichaathan. Of course that wasn't in the new 3D tech, but at my age at the time, it was way more effective than most 3D films I see now...in fact nowadays as a rule I avoid 3D unless the film is specifically targeted towards the use of 3D (by which I mean, bright and colorful enough to offset the dimming effecr and having lots of throwing stuff at the screen, LOL)
Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #55

May 2009

Ra.1 is an extremely brilliant movie with VFX never ever seen ere in Bollywood SRK has done a gr8 job of makin dis movie it's a proud moment for India that such mind boggling VFX comin from bolly stable. Hats off & kudos to the makers!!! Jus hope & fingers crossed that they don't mess with the blu ray.. Do watch it guys!!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #56
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

In India (finally) Right now in Kolkata for 3 days and then to Hyderbad for 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1700 View Post
@Ani
Personally, The movie is the 'worst movie of the year' for me, this comes from someone who likes most SRK movies and knowing your taste, and the fact that u r gonna watch it anyway, probably will become 'worst movie of your life'. On the contrary, my saying this might help you generate negative expectations from the film which might make u like at least something which i am guessing could be the only scene with the entrance of G.one. As far as I am concerned, this movie is SRK's extremely selfish attempt made only and truly for his own kids(and i really doubt their IQ level now) and makes me feel equivalent to what i felt about bhansali when i watched saawariya with the expectations of devdas. Period.
@Anuraag
Thanks for sharing your honest opinion about the movie. That means a lot when it is coming from someone who likes SRK's movies. Good to see someone posting their thoughts about the movie and not just beating the drums for the brand called SRK and how great it sounds and looks instead of justifying why the movie is good. If the movie is any good I will have no problem in accepting that as with any other movie.

One thing for sure - I will go out for getting some food or fresh air during the cameo of Rajni. I won't be able to handle that in large screen

I will go to the cinema with an open mind and will review the movie from three angles

1. First and foremost -the movie itself and how it connects to the audience with its intended purpose. How good is the story, script, storytelling, acting and how it impacts the audience. The most important part of course.
2. Second part would be - this being a superhero movie,what they have done with technology considering there is a lot of discussion touting this as India's most hi-tech film ever made and a lot of hard work that has gone into making it.
3. The third part will be to see if 1 and 2 are seamlessly integrated as a good package because then only it matters and makes sense otherwise there are other movies available to see VFX or hear SFX. Just because it is attempted in India is not a good enough reason to praise for tech stuff. I honestly believe that if the right content is used Indian movies do not need any VFX / SFX and technical wizardry hence comparing or even following Hollywood's footstep is a pretty crap excuse.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 10-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #57
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post

I will go to the cinema with an open mind and will review the movie from three angles

1. First and foremost -the movie itself and how it connects to the audience with its intended purpose. How good is the story, script, storytelling, acting and how it impacts the audience. The most important part of course.
2. Second part would be - this being a superhero movie,what they have done with technology considering there is a lot of discussion touting this as India's most hi-tech film ever made and a lot of hard work that has gone into making it.
3. The third part will be to see if 1 and 2 are seamlessly integrated as a good package because then only it matters and makes sense otherwise there are other movies available to see VFX or hear SFX. Just because it is attempted in India is not a good enough reason to praise for tech stuff. I honestly believe that if the right content is used Indian movies do not need any VFX / SFX and technical wizardry hence comparing or even following Hollywood's footstep is a pretty crap excuse.
i'am also going to watch it tommorow and will post my opinions on these angles you've mentioned and also one other important one that you missed
THE MUSIC AND THE BACKGROUND SCORE! of the movie....
Old 10-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #58

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_FlF...ature=youtu.be

Now that's intresting india's first movie to be really mixed in 7.1!.... and i'll be going to watch ra.one tomorrow.... at least it'll sound brilliant!

P.S sorry guys dont know how to properly post youtube videos here....can someone help?!
Yup..the VFX is simply mindblowing.. the movie is very avg though.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #59
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

watched the ra.one today...and let me clear the fact that i love SRK and he is my favorite actor....but i'am disappointed with the movie.... liked the first half but second half just dragged and dragged.....as many said is anubhav sinha right man to handle such a big project...the answer is NO! direction and script is weak

to cut things short.... here are my ratings

VFX & SFX 3.25/5
(150 crores spent and is the movie worth it....NO! the vfx are good(but the art direction is not...the set of game's R&D centre looks cheap!) and two scenes the first the chase in london and second the train chase are the best in any indian movie....but the vfx are not consistent throughout...there are many rough patches....and i would say dhoom 2 still looks better than this....even krrish is some scenes....and i dont understand where they spent the money....DON 2 made in just half of its budget looks miles ahead of this.,.... just see its latest trailer on youtube and u'll know)

cinematography - 4/5 (pretty good)

sound mix - 3.75/5
(based on my theatrical viewing...it did'nt sounded good in songs...they sounded like they were recorded in 90s!...muffled and lifeless) other than that sound design and mix was good

music-4/5 (chamak challo,dildara,bhare naina and crimnal are all good)

acting (i being a SRK fan did'nt liked the G-ONE avtaar...but shekhar subramanium was gr8....and the scene in which he tells ra-one he is lucifier...was the best and was quite emotional....followed by bhare naina song....kareena was good)

background score 4.75/5
(vishal-shekhar's first movie as background score composers and they did their job very well....i'm impressed)

OVERALL 2.5/5! a one-time watch maybe!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #60

Mar 2010

any chance of seeing a 3D blu-ray for Ra.One??
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Tags
bluray 7.1 surround sound, chammak challo songs 2011, kareena anubhav singha, music hd 1080p screens, srk ra one