Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Kite (Blu-ray)
$17.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 03-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #201
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen2002 View Post
Good news! Now.. let's fast forward to October. Am curious to learn who else is returning to the show.
Me too. I just hope it's not forced. Last season was so strong, and Lange was so amazing, that the viewers, especially the fans, will be able to feel it if a character or story is too forced.

"Hey Lange was so good last season, lets bring her back as a new character but make her character be weird again"

It needs to be exciting and mysterious but feel new, not like they're copying theirself.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #202
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Following a four-episode guest stint as one of the haunted abode's former residents, Zachary Quinto will return as a series regular in the upcoming sophomore season of the Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Quinto joins Season 1 SAG and Golden Globe award winner Jessica Lange as cast members set to return to the series, with co-creator Murphy confirming her return early last month.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #203

Nov 2009
Los Angeles

They just announced Sarah Paulson (the medium Billie Dean Howard), Evan Peters (Tate Langdon) and Lily Rabe (Nora Montgomery) are all coming back as well.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #204
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

So that's 5 people coming back, not 4 as the previously posted
Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #205
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraino View Post
They just announced Sarah Paulson (the medium Billie Dean Howard), Evan Peters (Tate Langdon) and Lily Rabe (Nora Montgomery) are all coming back as well.

Soooooo I guess they're repeat actors playing new characters...

but is that too weird?

If anything, its like how Directors use the same actors in different films.

Paul Thomas Anderson always uses Julianne Moore, John C Reilly, and William H Macy... Tim Burton always uses Johnny Depp and Helena Bohnam Carter...etc

BUT... That's for different movies!

It would be like if Jennifer Aniston came back for season 4 on FRIENDS not as "Rachael" but as some other character, like, "Neighbor Kelly"
Old 03-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #206
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

The show is entirely different though. It is in a new place, and every character has a new name/personality/etc. It's not like Tate is coming back as a Tate and everyone else is different. The entire show is wiped clean. So it shouldn't be that weird at all.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #207
Banned

Aug 2011

Evan Peters? Gross.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #208
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
The show is entirely different though. It is in a new place, and every character has a new name/personality/etc. It's not like Tate is coming back as a Tate and everyone else is different. The entire show is wiped clean. So it shouldn't be that weird at all.
Right. But, by that logic it's safe to say it's a different project.

Just as P.T Anderson, Burton and Kevin Smith use many of the same actors for different projects. Said projects get different titles. They're different movies.

So shouldnt American Horror Story be given a different title?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #209
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Right. But, by that logic it's safe to say it's a different project.

Just as P.T Anderson, Burton and Kevin Smith use many of the same actors for different projects. Said projects get different titles. They're different movies.

So shouldnt American Horror Story be given a different title?
It is an anthology series. Each season tells the story of an American family going through horror
Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #210
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

It's kinda similar to Alfred Hitchcock Presents...

Each episode was different with mostly the same actors playing different characters. This is the same idea, but as a season rather than by episodes.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #211
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
It is an anthology series. Each season tells the story of an American family going through horror
Good point. I concede
Old 03-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #212
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post
It's kinda similar to Alfred Hitchcock Presents...

Each episode was different with mostly the same actors playing different characters. This is the same idea, but as a season rather than by episodes.
very true. I dig it.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #213

Nov 2011
San Diego

This is very good, more shows should do this, that way so many people wouldn't be that upset if a show gets cancelled, since the story would be finished
Vamos Xolos de Caliente

Blu-Ray Player - PS3
Favorite Game - Ocarina of Time
Visca Barca -Viva la Furia Roja

Most wanted Blu-Rays - Dragonworld, Amores Perros, 1492 Conquest of Paradise
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #214
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Ok, now I'm confused. Season 2 is going to be some of the same actors but with different roles? The insane asylum sounds interesting but it might be hard looking at the same people as different characters.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #215
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Ok, now I'm confused. Season 2 is going to be some of the same actors but with different roles? The insane asylum sounds interesting but it might be hard looking at the same people as different characters.
Yes.

The characters from Season One are gone, done with. Season two will feature some of the same actors playing new parts.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #216
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

Holy Moly! Jessica Lange’s Horror Story Season 2
Character Is Also a
[Show spoiler]Nun

Quote:
We already knew that American Horror Story’s Jessica Lange would be back for Season 2 not as Southern belle Constance, but as the administrator at a 1960s East Coast asylum for the criminally insane.
And now we’ve got another interesting nugget about the Oscar-winning actress’ character:*She’s*also a nun — a “bride of Christ,” AHS writer Tim Minear recently told*MTV.com.

You’ll remember Lange told TVLine that her second season alter ego “comes from a completely different background” than Southern hellcat Constance and “is very different from what I’ve played” — think saints and sacraments instead of sweetbreads and cigarettes

Like Lange, last season’s cast members Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe (who in Season 1 played Chad, Billie Dean, Tate and Nora) will inhabit completely new characters in Season 2.

Minear also told MTV that Maroon 5 lead singer/The Voice judge Adam Levine’s character, one half of a pair known as “The Lovers,” is “kind of a nod to contemporary sensibilities.” (We’re not exactly sure what that means, either.)
Other new AHS recruits are piling up like dead people in the Murder House basement. Look for Big Love’s Chloe Sevigny, French actress Lizzie Brocheré, FlashForward’s Joseph Fiennes, Oscar nominee James Cromwell and Skins’ Britne Oldford to join Levine when Season 2 premieres in the fall.

http://tvline.com/2012/06/24/america...-season-2-nun/
Old 06-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #217
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post

Holy Moly! Jessica Lange’s Horror Story Season 2
Character Is Also a
[Show spoiler]Nun

http://tvline.com/2012/06/24/america...-season-2-nun/
So this show is kinda like when a director like Woody Allen or Tim Burton use the same actors in different movies. Same actors. Different roles.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #218
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

Pretty much. Also, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, like I said in March.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #219
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

'American Horror Story': 'Secret Circle' star will be playing [SPOILER] -- EXCLUSIVE

Quote:
UPDATE: While Zylka is staying mum on his character’s details, EW has learned that he will in fact be playing a character named Daniel, who is the “Most Beautiful Boy in the World”… and also a deaf-mute.

The Secret Circle may have ended its run on The CW but fans can rejoice that castmember Chris Zylka has found a new TV gig — FX’s thrill ride American Horror Story. The actor told EW last night at The Amazing Spider-Man premiere (Zylka appears in the superhero film as well) that he finally could reveal he had landed the AHS job. “Ryan Murphy, thank God, let me finally announce tonight that I will be a cast member on the second season of American Horror Story,” says Zylka. “It is a thrill, an honor, a challenge. Honestly, it was as big a thrill to book that show as it was to get a part in The Amazing Spider-Man. I cannot believe I will get to be in the same room as Jessica Lange, let alone work with her. I am a lucky, lucky guy. I, of course, cannot tell you who or what I am playing or anything about the story yet. Ryan only gave me the okay to say I was in the show. I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize that.”

No details on the role but he copped to working with Jessica Lange, which could mean that Zylka will somehow be a patient/employee of the institution for the criminally insane run by Lange’s character in season 2. Start speculating, AHS fans!

Zylka joins Lange, Joseph Fiennes, James Cromwell, Adam Levine, Chloe Sevigny, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, and Evan Peters in the second season of FX’s hit series, which begins shooting this July for an October premiere.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/29/am...y-chris-zylka/
Old 07-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #220
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

American Horror picked up 17 Emmy nominations. Pretty impressive. Much better than Walking Dead.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows