Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
12 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Special Member

Oct 2007
Default More Rush in High Def 5.1

... but maybe DVD-A only. No mention of Blu Ray.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011...dom-Rush-stuff

Quote:
On November 21st, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) celebrates the legacy of Canadian rock trio Rush with the release of three separate six-disc box sets which together spans their entire historic Mercury Records recording career. Each 'Sector' contains five of their 15 Mercury albums in chronological order, all transferred to high resolution 96kHz/24-bit and digitally remastered for optimal quality. In addition, each volume includes an exclusive booklet packed with unpublished photos, original album lyrics and credits, and features one album from each set specially remixed on DVD in high resolution 96kHz/24-bit, 5.1 surround sound and stereo, compatible with both DVD-Audio players and DVD-Video players. Each album is packaged in a replica vinyl mini-jacket of the original album release with all three box sets forming a Rush CD road case.

SECTOR 1: Rush - All The World's A Stage, and on DVD in 5.1, Fly By Night

SECTOR 2: A Farewell To Kings - Exit Stage Left, and on DVD in 5.1, A Farewell To Kings

SECTOR 3: Signals - A Show Of Hands, and on DVD in 5.1, Signals
Old 10-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu2 View Post
... but maybe DVD-A only. No mention of Blu Ray.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011...dom-Rush-stuff
might be interested in Sector's 1 and 2(shame Sector 2 could'nt have ended w/ Signals, oh well)

The mid- to late 80's Rush really did'nt do it for me. did like 1989's Presto though.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

Mar 2007
Nagasaki via New Orleans

This is big news. Wow, finally, HD quality disks at normal prices. It's been getting insane with SHD-SACD prices hitting ¥4500 or close to $55 for single, stereo disks. Hope to see lots more HD music out with this kind of packaging and pricing.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Special Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjl View Post
This is big news. Wow, finally, HD quality disks at normal prices. It's been getting insane with SHD-SACD prices hitting ¥4500 or close to $55 for single, stereo disks. Hope to see lots more HD music out with this kind of packaging and pricing.
Bear in mind each of the boxes apparently only has one album in DVD-A, and the rest are remastered CDs.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™
Thumbs down

I believe this is just a Money grab by MERCURY on the older RUSH catalog; hence the effort put out on these titles.
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 10-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2007
Tonawanda, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
I believe this is just a Money grab by MERCURY on the older RUSH catalog; hence the effort put out on these titles.
Yeah - really puzzled by this set of sets. No thank you. I'll wait for a full catalog of Blu releases thank you.
“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.”
― Christopher Hitchens

PSN ID EyeDocSteve. Sportin' a 52" Sony Bravia XBR4, Launch PS4, Onkyo 805 A/V Receiver, Polk Monitor 50's (Fronts and Surrounds), CS1 Center, eD A2-300 Subwoofer.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #7
Special Member

Dec 2010
Oklahoma

I picked up the sector 2 set with a gift card i received for Christmas. Most of my favorite Rush albums were in this era so I couldn't pass it up. The 5.1 mix on the Farewell to Kings DVD-A is really pretty good. Being as that has always been my favorite album I just couldn't resist. I walked around with it in hand for close to an hour trying to convince myself to pick up 3 or 4 blus instead but in the end this will get more use than any 10 of my blu-rays (well except for Moving Pictures) so although a bit pricey (it helped that I had $100 in BB gift cards) it was worth it to me. I've already listened to the DVD-A 4 times.
Display:Samsung 65" LED A/V Receiver: Yamaha RX-V667 Amp for Mains: Behringer A500 Mains: Genesis Physics Model 10 Center: Bic DV62CLR-S Surrounds: (4) Yamaha NSIW480C Subs: (2) Creative Sound Solutions SD12 in (2) 4.9 cube slot port tuned to 19 Hz Sub Amp: Crown XLS 802D Sub EQ: ED Eq.2 Rear Sub: 12" JL Audio 1.75 cube Sealed 200 Watt Plate Amp Blu-ray player: Sony BDP-S590 DVD/DVD-A/SACD: Pioneer DV-610AV-K TV/Equipment Stand Whalen Nova
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music