COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$19.99
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
$29.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)
$12.99
Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3)
$12.99
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
$29.99
Fallout 3 (PS3)
$12.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$29.99
Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3)
$29.99
Minecraft Playstation 3 Edition (PS3)
$19.63
God of War Saga (PS3)
$17.99
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
$29.95
Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
$14.69
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)
$19.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$29.98
Uncharted 3 (PS3)
$18.78
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
$39.99
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
$39.95
XBlaze Code:Embryo (PS3)
$36.32
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (PS3)
$27.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Japan Rumour - Sony to introduce UMD to Vita discount program for existing PSP owners!

Sony has PSP UMD-to-Vita plan

Quote:
A pamphlet explaining how PlayStation Vita owners can use their PSP UMD collection has been circulated at a Sony sales briefing in Japan.

Andriasang heard the news from a shop representative present at the meeting, but specific details weren't shared. However, subsequent comments made by Sony development chief Yoshio Matsumoto to Dengeki PlayStation suggested that owners of UMDs will be able to download the same game on Vita at "a special price".

Many PSP games are already available to download from the PlayStation Network, of course - it's how the ill-fated PSPgo exists.

What's more, Sony has confirmed that PSP games will work on Vita. If you download a PSP title for PlayStation Vita from PSN, you can play the multiplayer with a friend using a PSP.

How much PlayStation Vita games will cost in Europe and the US hasn't been confirmed. In Japan, Uncharted: Golden Abyss will cost 5980 Yen (49.85) in shops and 4900 Yen (40.85) to download. Ouch.

When asked about pricing, Sony told Eurogamer that, "We haven't announced pricing for Europe, so have nothing to say at this time."
EG
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

News deserves a separate thread!

I have heard that it will be 50% discounts for digital download codes for any UMDs sent into Sony. So that people can't claim a code then sell the UMD Sony want the UMDs sent in and verified then destroyed.
Free at last...
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
News deserves a separate thread!

I have heard that it will be 50% discounts for digital download codes for any UMDs sent into Sony. So that people can't claim a code then sell the UMD Sony want the UMDs sent in and verified then destroyed.
Sounds good. It's a bit cheeky still charging for the DL copy but I guess it's better than having to buy at full PSN price all over again.

Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Sounds good. It's a bit cheeky still charging for the DL copy but I guess it's better than having to buy at full PSN price all over again.
It's something to do with the cost of the the program and giving retailers and incentive to run it since they would be doing the trade ins and sending the UMDs back to Sony.
Free at last...
Old 10-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

I don't mind paying full price and keeping my UMD's, it's just that full price should be reasonable. Sub 10 for an older game like Crisis Core, like SCEE's already done with their PSP Essentials range. Until then I'll just buy the games that are reasonably priced, new or old.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Ra View Post
I don't mind paying full price and keeping my UMD's, it's just that full price should be reasonable. Sub 10 for an older game like Crisis Core, like SCEE's already done with their PSP Essentials range. Until then I'll just buy the games that are reasonably priced, new or old.
Should sell your copy of MGS lol be able to buy 'em all then

Old 10-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

I can't say I like this move from Sony since I have like 100 PSP games(maybe more and i'm not counting my PSN downloadable PS1 and PSP games either), and then having to rebuy each 1 of them all over again even if I do get a discount in price from the download.

However, there's a lot of PSP games that are not on PSN for various reasons so it makes me wonder how those particular titles will work.

So in the end, i'm just going to keep my PSP for my UMDs because this offer isn't worth it for me. I'll still buy a PS Vita, but won't be able to save some money on it from trade-in credit or even just selling my PSP and UMDs to a friend or even eBay.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable