Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Nightcrawler (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.97
The Guest (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Dracula Untold (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.97
A Walk Among the Tombstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Truman Show (Blu-ray)
$4.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 3 0.50%
Two Stars 15 2.51%
Three Stars 40 6.69%
Four Stars 172 28.76%
Five Stars 368 61.54%
Voters: 598. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington
Talking Mad Max: Fury Road

I've been following this film, for several years now, always on again off again with the news and nothing ever seemed to come to fruition. But with the consistent amount of casting being released over the internets the last month or so, I am growing more and more excited. I know a lot of people will be pissed that Mel Gibson will more than likely not even be appearing, but as a Mad Max fan who loves the mad max universe, I am very very much looking forward to Tom Hardy as the new Max. I wasn't even aware that he had infact signed on, but according to the latest casting news he is listed as the star. Tom was phenomenal in Bronson as a truly insane criminal and I've enjoyed his work in everything else I've seen him in such as RocknRolla, but here are the latest updates.

Quote:
ACTRESS Teresa Palmer is to play a leading role in George Miller's hugely anticipated fourth Mad Max film Fury Road after her co-star in The Sorcerer's Apprentice spilt the beans in Los Angeles.

Palmer's Sydney agency Shanahan's would not comment on the casting yesterday, nor would production house Kennedy Miller.

But actor Jay Baruchel told reporters interviewing him for the new Dreamworks film How To Train Your Dragon that Palmer, who splits her time between Australia and Hollywood, was preparing for a gruelling shoot on the new Mad Max episode.

"She gets to work with him, and she's (going to be) doing Mad Max 4 with Miller," Baruchel said.

The actor, who counts Palmer as a very good friend after working with her on the Sorcerer film, said he didn't know the character's exact name, but believed it was the female lead.

"She's the main chick in Fury Road," he said.

"She's going to be there for over a year. It's really, really cool."

Palmer could not be contacted yesterday, but on Thursday night appeared very upbeat with her new best mate Lara Bingle and boyfriend Nash Edgerton at a Sydney film festival.

Details are secret so it's not known if Palmer will replace or star with Charlize Theron, who signed on to the project last October.

Miller previously cast Palmer (Bedtime Stories) and Baruchel (Tropic Thunder) as villains in his aborted 2008 superhero film Justice League of America.

The mammoth Mad Max production is scheduled to shoot for 30 weeks this year in and around Broken Hill.

British actor Tom Hardy will play Max.
Mad Max: Fury Road

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 01-28-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Thanks given by:
BrentBlow (06-01-2015)
Old 01-18-2010, 02:56 AM   #2

May 2009
New Zealand

It could be quite good, if they stick to the same style as the previous three. Or will this end up turning into a 'reboot' ?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #3

Aug 2007
Virginia Beach

I'm glad to see another Mad Max fan on here but Hardy is not Max...

http://www.joblo.com/hardy-talks-mad-max

I'm not saying the guy's a bad actor or anything but Mel Gibson is Mad Max and if he truly doesn't do it then it just isn't a true Mad Max film to me.
65" Samsung Smart HDTV
65" Mitsubishi DLP HDTV
Panasonic DMP-BD35K

Blu Wish List Star Wars OT Unaltered - Mission to Mars - The Village
Old 01-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Expert Member

Dec 2009
MD

maybe Mad Max offspring would be ok. but this is a bit late and a redo in character is nahh.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMRamage View Post
maybe Mad Max offspring would be ok. but this is a bit late and a redo in character is nahh.
I'm not quite sure how this is going to work, cause obviously it can't just be continuing the story of Max especially since Hardy is waaaayy tooo young. Even if in Bronson he did manage to look mid 40's when is nearly 20 years younger. I've read so many conflicting reports about if Hardy is or isn't Max but right now with the casting of Palmer, everything is saying he is. So until it gets confirmed or denied we won't know exactly what is going on. But hey George Miller is on board, Mel Gibson is FINALLY back to acting, so let's hope he is going to be a secret announcement.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

llllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmme.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Miller previously cast Palmer (Bedtime Stories) and Baruchel (Tropic Thunder) as villains in his aborted 2008 superhero film Justice League of America.
Ohh, they had to just go and remind us of that JLA film we didn't get...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:07 AM   #8
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
Ohh, they had to just go and remind us of that JLA film we didn't get...
I told them how much it would hurt you, so as a personal favor to me, that was included
Old 01-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #9
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

FINALLY! A real update on casting!

Nicholas Hoult is walking “Fury Road,” the new “Mad Max” movie from series writer-director George Miller.

Zoe Kravitz, Teresa Palmer and Adelaide Clemens also are in various states of negotiations to join the actioner.

The movie is set a short while after the story detailed in 1985’s “Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome,” which keeps Mad Max, the character originated by Mel Gibson, relatively young.

Details are being hidden by a veil of secrecy, but it is known that Hoult’s character is named Nux.

Kravitz -- whose character name is Five Wives -- Palmer and Clemens are part of a convoy being chased by bad guys.

Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy are starring in the pic. The movie will be an Australian production, shooting Down Under this summer. Warner Bros. will distribute.

The U.K.’s Hoult made his feature debut in “About a Boy” and starred in the popular British series “Skins.” His work in “A Single Man” earned him a nomination for a BAFTA Rising Star Award. The actor, repped by UTA and Independent, also will appear in Warners’ remake of “Clash of the Titans.”

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...sa-palmer.html

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 01-28-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:49 AM   #10

May 2009
New Zealand

Thanks for the new update!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

I am a bit confuse on this one...Is Mad Mel back as Max or it's a brand new actor playing the role?
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #12

Aug 2007
Virginia Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@t_Mtl View Post
I am a bit confuse on this one...Is Mad Mel back as Max or it's a brand new actor playing the role?
I was really hoping that they were going to keep Gibson's return as a surprise but as much as it pains me to say it, it's really looking unlikely that Gibson's coming back. In this day and age as soon as the movie starts filming there will be pictures leaked and a Gibson return would be known immediately so I guess if he was truly coming back they would have said something already.

It just really sucks that he doesn't want to come back. When he was originally attached back in 2003 it was the movie I was most excited about in my whole life and then as soon as it fell apart and Gibson lost interest it became a movie I couldn't care less about. To me, if Gibson isn't Max then it just isn't a true Mad Max movie.
65" Samsung Smart HDTV
65" Mitsubishi DLP HDTV
Panasonic DMP-BD35K

Blu Wish List Star Wars OT Unaltered - Mission to Mars - The Village
Old 01-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Z View Post
To me, if Gibson isn't Max then it just isn't a true Mad Max movie.
That is what it is for me as well. It will be very strange to see someone else playing Mad Max.
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
Old 01-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Limbo (Bakersfield, Ca.)

Quote:
I was really hoping that they were going to keep Gibson's return as a surprise but as much as it pains me to say it, it's really looking unlikely that Gibson's coming back. In this day and age as soon as the movie starts filming there will be pictures leaked and a Gibson return would be known immediately so I guess if he was truly coming back they would have said something already.

It just really sucks that he doesn't want to come back. When he was originally attached back in 2003 it was the movie I was most excited about in my whole life and then as soon as it fell apart and Gibson lost interest it became a movie I couldn't care less about. To me, if Gibson isn't Max then it just isn't a true Mad Max movie.
i agree. i was excited to see the title of this thread only to see the pic posted. disappointment. i think it would be more interesting to see mel return and set the movie farther in the future and see how things progressed in that world. this truly truly sucks.
PSN: un4gvn2 LIVE: un4givn2

SPOOOON!!

My music collection
Old 01-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Mel said he might make a cameo but is very excited to see what George Miller does with this, but seriously between "Cold Warrior" "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" and the Viking epic he's working on, I don't see him having any time for more than a very brief cameo for when this shoots. I know I am the only person here excited for this, because I am a huge Tom Hardy fan, and the Mad Max films where done before I was born, so although I've seen theme, I think they could be updated into something awesome. And Tom is young enough to make this a bad ass new franchise while Mel is too old for most of the physical demands.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #16

Oct 2008

Quote:
To me, if Gibson isn't Max then it just isn't a true Mad Max movie.
Quote:
That is what it is for me as well. It will be very strange to see someone else playing Mad Max.
I feel the same way. I have no doubt in my mind that Mel couldn't still pull off an awesome performance at Max.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:48 AM   #17
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm5777 View Post
I feel the same way. I have no doubt in my mind that Mel couldn't still pull off an awesome performance at Max.
You people are beating this "If it's not Mel I'm not interested" thing to death. Don't you people get it, Mel doesn't even want to do it. He could easily star in it if he wanted to, but he is more interested in all his other projects especially his passion project about Vikings. So if Mad Max himself doesn't care, why do all of you?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #18
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

And this just proves my point from the last post even more:

Quote:
After teasing us that he might appear in a proposed fourth Mad Max movie, Mel Gibson is now saying he won't be in it just as news breaks of other casting for the sequel.

Gibson talked with the Los Angeles Times about it:

On the plans for a fourth "Mad Max" film: "I'm glad [franchise director George] Miller is making it, and it's going to be the best one. I'm not going to be in it, that'd be corny."

Meanwhile, The Hollywood Reporter says that Nicholas Hoult (About a Boy), Zoe Kravitz, Teresa Palmer and Adelaide Clemens also are in various states of negotiation to join the sequel, called Fury Road, which will star Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy (Star Trek: Nemesis):

The movie is set a short while after the story detailed in 1985's "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome," which keeps Mad Max, the character originated by Mel Gibson, relatively young.

Details are being kept quiet, but it is known that Hoult's character is named Nux. Kravitz, whose character's name is Five Wives, Palmer and Clemens are in a convoy being chased by bad guys.

The movie is slated to shoot in Australia this summer.
Source

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 01-31-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
Special Member

Apr 2007
Lexington, Kentucky

awesome
Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
You people are beating this "If it's not Mel I'm not interested" thing to death. Don't you people get it, Mel doesn't even want to do it. He could easily star in it if he wanted to, but he is more interested in all his other projects especially his passion project about Vikings. So if Mad Max himself doesn't care, why do all of you?
We get it, we get it!! Mel does not want to do it. Do you also get that for some of us Mad Max is Mel and Mel is Mad Max. Are we allowed to say it or think it? We are not trashing the thread or the movie...we are simply saying that it will be strange to see Mad Max and not being Mel Gibson. It does not mean the movie will stink. Look what they did with Star Trek last year, they manage it quite well.

Why is it that suddendly on this forum if you now post something going in a different direction than someone else everyone get's offended? Do we all need to have the same opinions and way of thinking?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies