Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
8 hrs ago
The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$14.96
2 hrs ago
Inside Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
14 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Bourne Ultimatum (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #21
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master S View Post
Everything HBO touches becomes instant gold and this show really deserves a solid fan base

The theme song is the best I ever heard, it's just WOW
This girl (Lara) is brilliant, all by ear as well no sheet music.

Started reading the first book a few days ago. I'm the amazed the series is so faithful. Can't wait for the boxset and season two (I have the book which I'll save for after I watch the show).
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 11-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #22

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloRambaldi View Post
here's the link to see the BDdigipack

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?n...icle&sid=30884
GREAT!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #23

Nov 2011
United Kingdom game of thrones

just looked on play.com
and they have 5 discs on there season 1 dvd boxset same with bluray also has an exclusive edition blu ray boxset set on there but no release date or artwork yet
Old 11-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Watched this when it aired back in April and I have to say it's the best new show on TV by far. I've started reading the first book now and can't wait for the BD release. Really curious as to what the difference in the normal edition and the exclusive edition will be. If the exclusive is a limited time offer I will be getting this day 1!
Pre-ordered
Mockingjay part 1 (steelbook), The Lion King (steelbook)

Check out my 'Signed Stuff' thread!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #25
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam morrissey 22 View Post
just looked on play.com
and they have 5 discs on there season 1 dvd boxset same with bluray also has an exclusive edition blu ray boxset set on there but no release date or artwork yet
They've also had half dozen reviews, no offence to the reviewers but if the BD's turn up with a Black & White VHS quality picture and screechy mono sound wrapped in a brown paper bag with dog shit inside (possibly on fire) left on our doorsteps in the middle of the night it ain't going to be worth 5 stars....

That probably won't happen though.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
Old 11-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #26

Sep 2008
Netherlands

Amazon.de has pictures up: (click for huge version)

Also, Extra's are visible in the booklet:

EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY FEATURES

Blu-Ray Complete Guide to Westeros: An interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in Season One, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves.

Anatomy of an Episode: An in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, “A Golden Crown”.

In-Episode Guide: In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays.

Hidden Dragon Eggs: Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.

ALSO INCLUDED:

Making Game of Thrones: An exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interview from the cast and crew.

Creating the Show Open: An inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones

From the Book to the Screen: Executive producers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, and author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenge of bringing Martin’s epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.

Character Profiles: Profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.

The Night’s Watch: An in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700-foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.

Creating the Dothraki Language: An insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones.

Audio Commentaries: Seven audio commentaries with Cast and Crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, and more.

Source: http://www.westeros.org
Old 11-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

I want this now damnit not in march

Day 1 buy
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
Old 11-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaimasjien. View Post
Amazon.de has pictures up: (click for huge version)

Also, Extra's are visible in the booklet:

EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY FEATURES

Blu-Ray Complete Guide to Westeros: An interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in Season One, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves.

Anatomy of an Episode: An in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, “A Golden Crown”.

In-Episode Guide: In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays.

Hidden Dragon Eggs: Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.

ALSO INCLUDED:

Making Game of Thrones: An exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interview from the cast and crew.

Creating the Show Open: An inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones

From the Book to the Screen: Executive producers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, and author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenge of bringing Martin’s epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.

Character Profiles: Profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.

The Night’s Watch: An in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700-foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.

Creating the Dothraki Language: An insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones.

Audio Commentaries: Seven audio commentaries with Cast and Crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, and more.

Source: http://www.westeros.org
Love it. Hope UK version si the same
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
Old 11-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #29

Oct 2011

Love this, definitely day 1 for me, unless it comes out around my Birthday (24 march) then i'll sweet talk the girlfriend. I've read all the novels and love this series but I want it now!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #30
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Some UK places will have certain exclusives of this by the looks of it.

Amazon will have an exclusive 'Creating the Visuals' bonus disc.

Play.com will have an exclusive photo book.
Setup
Panasonic TX-P42ST30B | Onkyo TX-SR508 | Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 (Fronts) / 10.CM / 10.0 (Rears)
Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSimba View Post

Looks like it'll be the Amazon exclusive for me. I always love to get a set with a bonus extras disc if one is available (And yes, I know I say this after buying the 2D-only, barely-any-extras version of Cars 2, but £7 was a damn good bargain!)
Old 11-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #32

Nov 2009
Manchester, England

Ditto, extra disc wins for me.

That said, I always like the US releases of HBO discs as the packaging is always better - yeah I'm looking at you True Blood! - so hoping that disc is an exclusive with one of the American stores.
LG 50PM670T, Yamaha RX-V673 and Yamaha APD-1, with Tannoy SFX5.1, Sky HD, Toshiba BDX3200, Toshiba XE-1 HD-DVD, Pioneer DVD-515, Pioneer CLD-D925 Laserdisc, Sony Playstation 4, XBox One, Nintendo WiiU Premium, and Logitech Harmony One.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #33

Aug 2010
Liverpool, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSimba View Post

If the Amazon Bonus Disc version is a Blu-Ray bonus disc, and not just a DVD that they have thrown in (which often happens), then I will get the Amazon edition. If it is the DVD, then screw it, I will get the Photo book.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #34
Special Member

Jun 2010
Devon, UK
-
-

I don't know which to get...

It's annoying when two versions are released
Pre-Ordered Blu-rays:
Nothing...
Films I'm Waiting For:
Munich, Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies, Dude Where's My Car?, Crank, The Village, Bad Boys 2, Rush Hour 2, Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-10
My Film Ratings: IMDb
Amarays rule!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #35

Oct 2010
The North, England

My reaction to this boxset is simple

Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Harper View Post
If the Amazon Bonus Disc version is a Blu-Ray bonus disc, and not just a DVD that they have thrown in (which often happens), then I will get the Amazon edition. If it is the DVD, then screw it, I will get the Photo book.
Oh god! I'm going to have to buy both versions! I think I'm going to agree with you. If it's a bluray I'll go with Amazon and if not I'll get the photo book
It would make me get the Amazon set if it came with an empty disc space but highly doubt that. Or if the Play.com version had a nice place to keep the book within the set but also doubt that! The Amazon one might look at bit "meh" if it just came in a silly wee thin case :/
Pre-ordered
Mockingjay part 1 (steelbook), The Lion King (steelbook)

Check out my 'Signed Stuff' thread!

Last edited by Groge511; 12-02-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Gravity Falls

Holy crap, this set looks amazing! DAY ONE

I'm getting it from Amazon as i don't like Play.com
Old 12-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #38
Special Member

Aug 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland

I think I might go for the play.com art book. I got the amazon exclusive bonus disc for The Pacific and it was just a DVD and not very impressive really..
what's the expected price of this set? about £30-40 on release?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #39
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
what's the expected price of this set? about £30-40 on release?
I'd imagine it would be in that range unless the book is something special.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #40
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Now being released abit earlier, on the 5th/March
Setup
Panasonic TX-P42ST30B | Onkyo TX-SR508 | Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 (Fronts) / 10.CM / 10.0 (Rears)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland