Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$13.93
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$9.98
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes from Liberty City (PS3)
$14.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.00
Rogue Warrior (PS3)
$27.89
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I'm guessing a Vegas setting with that style.
Maybe, but that could point to San Andreas as Las Venturas is the GTA version of Las Vegas
PSN:Bageara
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
Savannah GA

I hope its a time before cell phones and email. That was really annoying in 4 and turned me off the game quickly.
Movies that need to go Blu. The Ref, Open Range, Life As A House, True Lies, Maximum Overdrive, Pool Hall Junkies, Brain Candy, Wildcats, Blue Juice, Magnificent Eleven, Fire In The Sky, Up In Smoke, Hot to Trot, Disorderlies.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #23
Special Member

May 2007
San Diego

Just got into work.

Logged into my PC opened google and saw this news

Last edited by KB24SD; 10-25-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageara View Post
GTAIV the only GTA game you played or something?

While i was disappointed in GTAIV myself theres no way i will ever forget the many hours of fun ive spent on other GTA games, so to write Rockstar off because of GTAIV would be crazy
Nope, played all of them. Vice City is still one of my all time favourite games on PS2, and I have Red Dead Redemption on my 'to play' pile so I'm not writing off Rockstar completely. But it got to a point in IV that I actually was hating the game, so much so that I uninstalled it before finishing it. It just wasn't fun and at the end of the day isn't that what games are supposed to be? I played Saints Row 2 immediately before IV and I really enjoyed it (even without trophies!! ), then I moved on to IV and there was just so many things I didn't like, it just felt like a chore playing it.

I can't see any possible way how this will be a day one purchase for me, what with the sour taste IV left and the fact that none of the reviews for it can be trusted after almost everybody gave IV 10/10. People on here will no doubt have a much more realistic view of the game, but it'll probably be bargain bin only for me I'm afraid. Now Saints Row 3, can't wait for that
PS4, PS3, PS2, PSVita & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Deadpool / Latest Game - Paladins
Old 10-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

GTA IV is is garbage. They will have to completely revamp the gameplay for me to be interested. Just use Uncharted's gameplay.. Heck anything else than what GTA IV has would be a huge improvement.

Of course IGN already reviewed it but the embargo is on for a few years before they release the solid 10's
Old 10-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #26
Special Member

May 2007
San Diego

The main issue I think what left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth with GTA IV is that it got perfect 10 scores from nearly all of the major gaming websites.

Then when people went out and bought & played the game people quickly realized it was a bit of a disappointment.

But GTA IV is not a horrible or trash game that some people make it out to be.

I rate it myself in 7.5 to 8.0 range and yes GTA IV was a let down compared to the PS2 era GTA games.

For me the The Ballad Of Gay Tony kind of made up for my frustration & disappointment with GTA IV.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24SD View Post
The main issue I think what left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth with GTA IV is that it got perfect 10 scores from nearly all of the major gaming websites.

Then when people went out and bought & played the game people quickly realized it was a bit of a disappointment.

But GTA IV is not a horrible or trash game that some people make it out to be.

I rate it myself in 7.5 to 8.0 range and yes GTA IV was a let down compared to the PS2 era GTA games.

For me the The Ballad Of Gay Tony kind of made up for my frustration & disappointment with GTA IV.
For me it was. The core gameplay is just garbage. It is nice having a big city to play in but when the actual gameplay sucks it really doesn't matter. I put in a good 8 to 10 hours into GTA IV trying to like it, that's not how a good games should work. Then I sold it.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #28
Power Member

Feb 2007
Somewhere between here and there
Send a message via AIM to Valore

This is huuuuge.

Was really hoping for a trip back to Vice City but I'll take what Rockstar has in store
If you love your country...you're gonna have to love moonshine.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Sandy Hook, CT PS3-PSNetwork ID: Pelican170 PS4-PSN Network ID: TheAngryRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
After IV my interest is almost nil! Rockstar is going to have to come up with something pretty spectacular to win me back.
+1 - I agree. They need to go back to their roots... More Vice City!!! lol
PS4 500 GB---> 1TB
Marantz SR7002
Cambridge Soundworks
Old 10-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #30
Special Member

Dec 2007
Kansas

I guess I'll be the first to do it...

my reaction to this news?
"I like to park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces!" - Dennis Leary
Old 10-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #31
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
There’s an interesting story over at sticktwiddlers.com where they report that an ‘industry professional’ tipped them off to a former animator who used to work for Sony, and is now at RockStar.

Jim Jagger was a former principle animator at Sony London who’s been lead animator on a ‘TBA’ project at Rockstar North since 2009. You know, the year after GTA IV came out, meaning there’s a big chance he’s was hired to work on GTA V. He mentions ‘involvement’ with LA Noire but that’s not secret. Plus he’s based in Rockstar’s Edinburgh mothership.

While at Sony Jim worked on Eight Days, a cover-based shooter with a combat mechanic very similar to GTA IV. It’s not much of a reach then to expect a similar look and feel to the cancelled PS3 shooter. It was also a co-op adventure involving a lot of interplay between the two characters during gunfights – throwing each other guns, passing each other against walls (cut to about 3m30s in the second video below). Is he doing something similar in GTA5? There’s one other thing to consider, Jim’s got a lot of PS3 experience too. I’m just going to whisper ‘lead platform’ and run…

Official PlayStation Magazine
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

That would be a huge improvement over GTA IV's gameplay..then again almost anything would be.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #33
Special Member

May 2007
San Diego

Just putting this out here.

I've heard on a lot R* & GTA dedicated fan sites. That R* is going to turn the tables this time around and might do a time based exclusive with GTA V being released first on PS3 and then later for XBOX 360 and PC. Just like how the release schedule was during the PS2 era GTA games.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this were to happen. Because money talks and Sony has & would spend big money again for this to happen and also because R* is still very loyal to Sony.

Last edited by KB24SD; 10-25-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Curious, how are they still very loyal to Sony?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #35
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Just bring back the FUN aspects of GTA. Base jumping, hijacking planes etc. GTA IV was a letdown because it took itself too seriously. Also the friend system. Oh my god that was annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24SD View Post
It wouldn't surprise me at all if this we were to happen. Because money talks and Sony has & would spend big money again for this to happen and also because R* is still very loyal to Sony.
It would surprise me. At this point, it's no longer a Sony exclusive so why would rockstar lose out on millions of sales. I could maybe see a timed exclusive DLC or something, but not the whole game.

Sony is notorious for not dishing out large sums of money to keep something exclusive. If it had there would have never been Final Fantasy, GTA, Metal Gear Rising, etc on 360.
RIP Nav. I miss you buddy.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
After IV my interest is almost nil! Rockstar is going to have to come up with something pretty spectacular to win me back.
Yeah, I agree in part, but even with all the tedious crap (man dates and woman dates) and trophy whoring spins they put on normal GTA things (eg, shooting pigeons to get a frigging trophy rather than something actually useful like weapons each 10) it was still a fun ride.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #37
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default http://kotaku.com/5853279/

Grand Theft Auto V Will Be Set in Los Angeles, May Star Multiple Characters

Quote:
Strengthening long-standing rumors for years that the next Grand Theft Auto would be set in Los Angeles or a fictional version thereof, a source familiar with the game told Kotaku today that those rumors are true. GTA V will be set in some version of L.A., bringing the famous franchise to a place that last got the GTA treatment in the series' top-selling Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (So much for our other dream GTA V cities.)

We're also hearing from multiple sources that the game will feature more than just one playable character. That would seem to be a natural evolution for the series. Following the release of the PlayStation 2's Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City, PSP games set in the same cities as those console games let players control a single new character apiece. Those portable games helped establish the idea that there's more than one life worth living in a Rockstar-made GTA city.

Then, following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV the series' creators at Rockstar Games allowed gamers to play as a second and then a third character in the exact same high-definition version of Liberty City. Those who bought the base game and the two downloadable episodes could choose from the GTA IV's menu whether to play as Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz or Luis Lopez. Each had their own lengthy, interesting and distinct playable story. A GTA V that features more than one playable hero would extend this concept further.

Back when GTA IV was being shown to press, Rockstar representatives would stress the importance of the number in the title. As successful as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were, they noted, it was the game that preceded them, GTA III that was a paradigm shift. They hoped and believed that GTA IV, by being a numbered game would have and merit some outsized influence of its own. If that is still the company's philosophy, then after Grand Theft Auto IV's un-numbered episodes, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, a numbered GTA V should again merit special attention. Shifting cities was not sufficient cause for a new numbered GTA before. A change to the series' formula, however, one that gives players more than one controllable character, would.

Rockstar has had a lot of experience with L.A., working with Team Bondi to create a mid-20th-century version of it for this year's L.A. Noire, presenting a drive-able version in Midnight Club and, most famously of all, turning it into the amazing Los Santos as one of three featured cities in GTA: San Andreas.

Rockstar Games did not respond to requests for comment about GTA V today. Should we hear them, we'll update this piece. Otherwise, look for the official trailer for the new game on November 2.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #38
Power Member

Nov 2007
Chicago, IL

The 3 biggest things I hope they fix are the the stinking friends constantly calling so frequently, you can get anything done, the huge graphical glitches like the entire road dissapearing for a few seconds, and the stinking image blur when driving at speed. That pissed me off. Its fine if they blur the landscape, but dont blur other cars that are not moving relative to you.

I will remain hopeful for GTA5.
PSN: Hellmonkey69
LBP Levels: The Abusement Park, A Stormy Night, The Fantabulous Contraption.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey View Post
The 3 biggest things I hope they fix are the the stinking friends constantly calling so frequently, you can get anything done, the huge graphical glitches like the entire road dissapearing for a few seconds, and the stinking image blur when driving at speed. That pissed me off. Its fine if they blur the landscape, but dont blur other cars that are not moving relative to you.

I will remain hopeful for GTA5.
There's no secret to the fact that Rockstar had problems (and as we know they haven't exactly been on thier own!) with the PS3's blasted split memory configuration. The 360 version looks far superior, with it running in native 720p. What did we get? 576p upscaled and motion blur to hide framerate problems. Again, Red Dead looked better on the 360, so this doesn't fill me with any confidence that GTA5 is going to look just as good on the PS3. If it looks as shit as No.4 (which would be unacceptable) i'll pick it up when it's in the Ł20 price range, definately second hand. And no, i'm not a Micro$haft 360 owner.
Samsung 3D F6800 40". PS4 Pro. AMD 8370/RX480 8 Gig gaming rig. Launch PS4 as BD player.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #40
Special Member

May 2007
San Diego

I don't get why people are so hell bent and adamant about graphics for the GTA V being top notch and like it will be a deal breaker for some people if they don't get something on the level of Uncharted 3 graphics.

The point is GTA games ever since the PS2 era GTA games were never known for ground breaking graphics.

I'm not saying that I don't want to see great graphics in GTA V but at the same time it won't be a deal breaker for me. If R* makes GTA V with graphics as good as or slightly improved from what we got in LA Noire that will more than a nice improvement.

I care more about GTA V having a great main story, side missions that are not repetive, and a better shooting system, customization to a certain point like what we got in GTA San Andreas.

Last edited by KB24SD; 10-25-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
grand theft auto v, rockstar games, san andreas