Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Majestic Prince: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Black Butler: Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 08-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #201
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
I just finished my commitment with them, this is what I spent:

First sign-up order was for 7 movies
[Show spoiler]Captain America, DisneyNature Oceans, Bambi 2, Tron, Prom, TinkerBell
, total cost; $30.38
2nd commitment order was for 2-movie double feature
[Show spoiler]Lion King 1 1/2 + Lion King 2 monthly double feature
, total cost; 45.14
3rd commitment order was for 3 Blu-rays, (4 movies
[Show spoiler]Pocahontas 2-movie (on sale for $29.95), Treasure Planet + Home on The Range double monthly feature
), total cost; 88.02

All together I spent; $163.54
For a total of $12.58 per movie, taxes and shipping inclusive.

No, taxes are not included in pricing, and I only took advantage of free shipping offers, so I never had to pay shipping costs.
So you didn't include taxes there? Darn it I already placed my order, how did you get 7 enrollment titles? I thought that code was only for the US? I only got 6, paying $29.27 in total.

And a noob question, when does free shipping occur? I also can't seem to take advantage of the current offer of buy one movie at regular, get second with 33% discount. I added Pocahontas and the Rescuers. Looking at my cart, the Rescuers isn't discounted, even with Home on the Range as a second title.
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 08-03-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #202
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-C-Blue View Post
So you didn't include taxes there? Darn it I already placed my order, how did you get 7 enrollment titles? I thought that code was only for the US? I only got 6, paying $29.27 in total.

And a noob question, when does free shipping occur? I also can't seem to take advantage of the current offer of buy one movie at regular, get second with 33% discount. I added Pocahontas and the Rescuers. Looking at my cart, the Rescuers isn't discounted, even with Home on the Range as a second title.
Yeah, I did include taxes in those prices. That was my total cost out of pocket. Not trying to hide any costs here...

I signed up on the American site, with an American code, but had them ship to my Canadian address, and ever since been using and ordering from the Canadian club. I was also lucky enough back in the day to take advantage of the URL trick, as that's how I got Captain America in my initial order

There is a code for the Canadian club that gets you 5 blu-rays for $2, your first commitment title for $14.95, and a third discounted title for $9.95. I seen it on RFD so will have to go find it again.

Free shipping occurs usually with their featured title combos. For instance, this month it's Rescuers + Aristocats + Lady & The Tramp for free shipping. Otherwise, it's in their special offers. Right now they have buy one title at regular club price, get additional titles at 40% off plus free shipping.

For you, the Rescuers wouldn't be discounted if it's the only $34.95 title in your cart. Home on the Range will be the 40% off discounted title and you should get free shipping.
The better cost-savings would be to order the Featured title (both Rescuers and Aristocats) then add in Home on the Range. You'll still get free shipping.
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
My Flickr
Old 08-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #203
Special Member

Feb 2009
NS, Canada

How did you get them to ship to a Canadian address??
Quote:
Yeah, I did include taxes in those prices. That was my total cost out of pocket. Not trying to hide any costs here...

I signed up on the American site, with an American code, but had them ship to my Canadian address, and ever since been using and ordering from the Canadian club. ...
Old 08-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #204
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

I don't know lol.. never really thought much of it back then since everything just worked. I used the American code from their forum on disneymovieclub.com. Currently, those US codes will not work on Disneymovieclub.ca so I guess they fixed all that when they fixed the URL trick too?
My Flickr
Old 08-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #205
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:

I signed up on the American site, with an American code, but had them ship to my Canadian address, and ever since been using and ordering from the Canadian club. I was also lucky enough back in the day to take advantage of the URL trick, as that's how I got Captain America in my initial order

There is a code for the Canadian club that gets you 5 blu-rays for $2, your first commitment title for $14.95, and a third discounted title for $9.95. I seen it on RFD so will have to go find it again.

Free shipping occurs usually with their featured title combos. For instance, this month it's Rescuers + Aristocats + Lady & The Tramp for free shipping. Otherwise, it's in their special offers. Right now they have buy one title at regular club price, get additional titles at 40% off plus free shipping.

For you, the Rescuers wouldn't be discounted if it's the only $34.95 title in your cart. Home on the Range will be the 40% off discounted title and you should get free shipping.
The better cost-savings would be to order the Featured title (both Rescuers and Aristocats) then add in Home on the Range. You'll still get free shipping.
I must not be eligible for these offers yet since I just joined or something (?). It even tells me under the Cinderella banner that "have no Featured Title to respond to at this time" < - is that related?

I even added Rescuers, Aristocats and then Home on the Range and no discounts took place or shipping at the checkout review.
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).
Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #206

Jul 2012
Canada

Quote:
I must not be eligible for these offers yet since I just joined or something (?). It even tells me under the Cinderella banner that "have no Featured Title to respond to at this time" < - is that related?

I even added Rescuers, Aristocats and then Home on the Range and no discounts took place or shipping at the checkout review.
Call them and ask if you can order this month's featured title.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #207
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:

Ya if you just joined, you won't have a Featured title to respond to for at least the first month. But like cuppycakesaurus said, just call them and you should be able to order it. If you want free shipping, be sure to order another title with it
My Flickr
Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #208

Nov 2010

Question, lets say you complete your commitment within a couple months, do you have to cancel or will it stop on its own?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #209

Apr 2012

I have been considering signing up for the DMC but my question is, are there more titles available once you sign up?
I like some of the titles that I see on the enrolment page, but there are others that I would love to use to complete a commitment, since the average cost would work out to 15.00, such as Captain America, Thor, Lion King (not the sequels)
Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #210
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesaremylife View Post
I have been considering signing up for the DMC but my question is, are there more titles available once you sign up?
I like some of the titles that I see on the enrolment page, but there are others that I would love to use to complete a commitment, since the average cost would work out to 15.00, such as Captain America, Thor, Lion King (not the sequels)
You bet.

The moment you are a member after the first enrolment, you get a crack at pretty much every Disney title out there not out of print or in the vault.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #211

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post
You bet.

The moment you are a member after the first enrolment, you get a crack at pretty much every Disney title out there not out of print or in the vault.
Will those titles be available to me as the two bonus titles (8.95 and 11.95) that are an option after picking my 4 (or preferably 5) for a dollar?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #212
Special Member

Aug 2007
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesaremylife View Post
Will those titles be available to me as the two bonus titles (8.95 and 11.95) that are an option after picking my 4 (or preferably 5) for a dollar?
No
Old 08-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #213
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivasauce View Post
Question, lets say you complete your commitment within a couple months, do you have to cancel or will it stop on its own?
You have to cancel your membership either by phone or e-mail. Phone is the fastest method.

If you leave it alone and forget about it, they will just automatically ship you the monthly featured title, and charge it to your on-file credit card. So beware.
My Flickr
Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #214
Expert Member

May 2009

Ok after everything you guys told me and numerous phone calls, I'm actually starting to get the hang of it.

So far I've ordered 4 titles plus 2 bonuses, 1 counting as as a featured title for $29.25.

My only two questions as of now:

While my featured title is currently unavailable to me, I do see a new offer from the previous Buy 1 regular, get 30% off. When do they refresh monthly new offers that shows up on the top banner, in the middle of the month or at the end/start of a new one? (does this happen say in the middle of August or at the end of / beginning of September?)

Second question to all the members, what's the best offer you used in your experience? The current offer now is Buy 1 Regular, get 40% off 2 extra titles with free shipping. I'm not sure if I want to take advantage of it now or wait for a better one later.

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 08-08-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #215
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

I-C-Blue, new offers are always sporadic but usually change each month when they change the featured title. Also, it's not limited to just 2 additional titles even when it says that. I find that if I add numerous titles to my cart, they are all discounted by 40% if one counts for regular price...

Just received Lady & The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure in the mail today. 2 weeks early before stores
My Flickr
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #216
Expert Member

Jun 2012
New Brunswick, Canada

Not a question specific to the Club, but wondering about Rescuers I & II and Aristocats. I have never seen any of these movies - are they worth picking up? Are they "classics" in Disney terms?

Had the pre-orders (with $8 coupons) on Amazon.com, but decided to cancel (later realizing that this probably was/will be the cheapest way to get them), currently have the pre-orders on Amazon.ca. Thinking of cancelling these and picking them up as my Feature thru DMC to complete my commitment (once Cinderella ships), as well as getting 40% off a couple of other selections.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #217
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Can't say as I've not seen any of them either. MIGHT have seen one of the Rescuers way back when but can't remember it for anything. I'm still holding on to both amazon preorders and thinking about cancelling my DMC to renew and buy these as a featured title right away... Still deciding though.

I'm a Disney nut though, and collecting all the animated films, good (Aladdin) or bad (Home on the Range) it don't matter
My Flickr
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #218
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
I-C-Blue, new offers are always sporadic but usually change each month when they change the featured title. Also, it's not limited to just 2 additional titles even when it says that. I find that if I add numerous titles to my cart, they are all discounted by 40% if one counts for regular price...

Just received Lady & The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure in the mail today. 2 weeks early before stores
So there's no telling what they'll pull out of the hat next then? But is 40% their highest discount on titles after 1 regular? I can't remember reading somewhere saying they used to do 50% - 60% discount titles but not anymore. Can you confirm this?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #219
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Canada
-

The first movie, THE RESCUERS, is a bona fide classic. Great story and character development, albeit darker than most Disney films. A good villain, and great heroes.

For those of you not familiar with it, two mice set off to rescue a kidnapped girl against insurmountable odds. Not really a happy movie. More dark and creepy. It is not a big blockbuster, but had some great animation.

I have not seen RESCUERS DOWN UNDER, but I've read positive reviews. I don't think it surpasses the original.

Have not seen THE ARISTOCATS, but it is apparently a classic with lots of jazz music. I think I did try to watch it when I was a kid, but fell asleep because I found it kind of boring.

These movies (as well as LADY AND THE TRAMP II) have been available for months internationally. Canada is one of the last countries to receive the release.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #220

Jul 2012
Canada

Quote:
So there's no telling what they'll pull out of the hat next then? But is 40% their highest discount on titles after 1 regular? I can't remember reading somewhere saying they used to do 50% - 60% discount titles but not anymore. Can you confirm this?
The 60% off is only available to VIP members (after you have fulfilled your commitment).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals