COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Prisoners (Blu-ray)
$9.99
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Final Terror (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Old 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
DerrellB DerrellB is offline
Power Member
 
DerrellB's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
41
3
Default Rotel's New 3D processor RSP-1572

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...ew/691494.html

This seems like a nice processor from the specs. Two things that bother me is that it does not have any room correction and I can't tell if it is network capable yet. MSRP is $2199. This could be a very nice prepro. I have added it to my list as I search for a new processor. Any thoughts???
Speakers - Monitor Audio GX300 - GX350C - GXFX
Subwoofers - Dual Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofers
Amps - Bryston 4bsst2 2 channal - Brystom 5bst 3 channel
Pre/Pros - Denon 4311 - Cambridge Audio 840E Preamp
Sources - PS3 - Maranta NA7004 - Denon 1713
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 5400 PM
Cabling - Audioquest Rocket 33 biwire - Diamondbacks - Forest - SubX - NRGX3 - Evergreen Optilink
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
ManUtd ManUtd is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
ManUtd's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
California
15
720
5
5
Default

This is interesting. I read that its predecessor had HDMI issues, hopefully those are fixed in this new pre/pro. It's also worthwhile to note that this is cheaper than the RSP-1570. I'll have to research more on this product because like you, I'm looking for a new pre/pro.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 AM   #3
Big Daddy Big Daddy is offline
Moderator
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Southern California
79
122
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics...ew/691494.html

This seems like a nice processor from the specs. Two things that bother me is that it does not have any room correction and I can't tell if it is network capable yet. MSRP is $2199. This could be a very nice prepro. I have added it to my list as I search for a new processor. Any thoughts???
The following information is listed under product specifications in Rotel's Website. It doesn't specify whether it can be done automatically or we have to do it manually. My guess is that it is manual. A 10-band parametric equalizer for each channel is better than what most receivers offer. However, it requires a lot of expertise and perhaps additional equipment to set the equalizers for each channel correctly.

Audio Features:
  • Adjustable Crossover
  • Speaker Group Delay
  • Speaker Distance Setting
  • 10 Band Parametric EQ
HT Room: Panasonic PT-AE8000, Epson 1080UB Proj., Mitsubishi 65" Diamond Series HD TV, Yamaha-RX-A3010 Rec., CinePro 6-Ch. Amp. (350 W/Ch, 8 Ohm), Proton D1200 Amp., Behringer EP4000 & EPX3000 Amps., Oppo BDP-83, Sony BDP-S790, Audio Technica Tuntable, Mitsubishi S-VHS, 2 Def. Tech. Super Towers w 15" subs, 1 Def. Tech. Center & 1 Martin-Logan Center, 2 Def. Tech. Surr. & 2 PSB Surr., 2 Cadence Presence, 2 Bose 901 Rears, 2 Modified HSU 12" Subs, 1 ED DIY 12" Sub, 1 ED DIY 15" Sub, Velodyne SMS-1 Subwoofer Equalizer, DirecTV HD, Monster HTS 5000 & APC H15 Power Conditioners.
Two-Channel Room: XiangSheng Tube Preamp., Carver TFM-45 Amp. (375 W/Ch), Behringer EPX4000 Amp., Onkyo CD player, Denon Turntable, Yamaha Tuner, 2 Vintage Polk RTA-15TL Speakers, 2 LCY 100 Super Tweeters, 2 DIY Folded Horn Super Towers with 15" Sub., 1 Modified AA HD-SUB12
Family Room: Mitsubishi 73" Diamond Series TV, Yamaha DSP-A3090 Rec., DirecTV HD-DVR, PS3, Zvox Speaker, 1 DIY 12" Sub.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
DerrellB DerrellB is offline
Power Member
 
DerrellB's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
41
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
The following information is listed under product specifications in Rotel's Website. It doesn't specify whether it can be done automatically or we have to do it manually. My guess is that it is manual. A 10-band parametric equalizer for each channel is better than what most receivers offer. However, it requires a lot of expertise and perhaps additional equipment to set the equalizers for each channel correctly.

Audio Features:
  • Adjustable Crossover
  • Speaker Group Delay
  • Speaker Distance Setting
  • 10 Band Parametric EQ
Yeah I did see that. It is so nice when the receiver does most of that for you. If the sound quality is good, I guess learning how to set everything manually could be a good learning experience and maybe well worth the trouble.
Speakers - Monitor Audio GX300 - GX350C - GXFX
Subwoofers - Dual Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofers
Amps - Bryston 4bsst2 2 channal - Brystom 5bst 3 channel
Pre/Pros - Denon 4311 - Cambridge Audio 840E Preamp
Sources - PS3 - Maranta NA7004 - Denon 1713
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 5400 PM
Cabling - Audioquest Rocket 33 biwire - Diamondbacks - Forest - SubX - NRGX3 - Evergreen Optilink
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
DerrellB DerrellB is offline
Power Member
 
DerrellB's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
41
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
This is interesting. I read that its predecessor had HDMI issues, hopefully those are fixed in this new pre/pro. It's also worthwhile to note that this is cheaper than the RSP-1570. I'll have to research more on this product because like you, I'm looking for a new pre/pro.
Yeah I am trying to do some research on it myself. They are a few people who have received theirs on AVS. I am just wondering how it stacks up to integra, onkyo, and the marantz processor. I will as Lawerence more about the sound quality.
Speakers - Monitor Audio GX300 - GX350C - GXFX
Subwoofers - Dual Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofers
Amps - Bryston 4bsst2 2 channal - Brystom 5bst 3 channel
Pre/Pros - Denon 4311 - Cambridge Audio 840E Preamp
Sources - PS3 - Maranta NA7004 - Denon 1713
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 5400 PM
Cabling - Audioquest Rocket 33 biwire - Diamondbacks - Forest - SubX - NRGX3 - Evergreen Optilink
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Hammie Hammie is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Hammie's Avatar
 
May 2008
Washington, DC Metro
53
545
12
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
Yeah I am trying to do some research on it myself. They are a few people who have received theirs on AVS. I am just wondering how it stacks up to integra, onkyo, and the marantz processor. I will as Lawerence more about the sound quality.
IMO, Rotel processors are good but their newer digital amps suck. Again, just my opinion.

I think the best Rotel combo that I heard was a Rotel processor and a McIntosh amp.
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508P | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR
Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8S | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
My flickr account | My Five Year HT Upgrade Plan
Next Upgrade: Cables
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
WiWavelength WiWavelength is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2009
238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie View Post
IMO, Rotel processors are good but their newer digital amps suck.
Rotel amps are not digital. They use ICEpower modules, which are analog class D.

AJ
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
Hammie Hammie is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Hammie's Avatar
 
May 2008
Washington, DC Metro
53
545
12
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiWavelength View Post
Rotel amps are not digital. They use ICEpower modules, which are analog class D.

AJ
I don't know why I said digital because I honestly meant to put Class D. Anyway, I thought they sounded too hollow and tinny for my taste.
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508P | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR
Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8S | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
My flickr account | My Five Year HT Upgrade Plan
Next Upgrade: Cables
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
ManUtd ManUtd is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
ManUtd's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
California
15
720
5
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
Yeah I am trying to do some research on it myself. They are a few people who have received theirs on AVS. I am just wondering how it stacks up to integra, onkyo, and the marantz processor. I will as Lawerence more about the sound quality.
Yeah I've read some folks at AVS got this pre/pro already. Apart from that, not really much can be found out about this pre/pro. If you come across some professional reviews please let me know.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
DerrellB DerrellB is offline
Power Member
 
DerrellB's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
41
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie View Post
I don't know why I said digital because I honestly meant to put Class D. Anyway, I thought they sounded too hollow and tinny for my taste.
You werent the only that thought that. Many say rotels last good amps were the RMB-1095 and RMB-1090 and 1080. From what I gathered, class D is hard to do but I think alot of people are raving about wyred4sound's class D amps.
Speakers - Monitor Audio GX300 - GX350C - GXFX
Subwoofers - Dual Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofers
Amps - Bryston 4bsst2 2 channal - Brystom 5bst 3 channel
Pre/Pros - Denon 4311 - Cambridge Audio 840E Preamp
Sources - PS3 - Maranta NA7004 - Denon 1713
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 5400 PM
Cabling - Audioquest Rocket 33 biwire - Diamondbacks - Forest - SubX - NRGX3 - Evergreen Optilink
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
DerrellB DerrellB is offline
Power Member
 
DerrellB's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
41
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
Yeah I've read some folks at AVS got this pre/pro already. Apart from that, not really much can be found out about this pre/pro. If you come across some professional reviews please let me know.
I will and I hope you do the same. This has been one of the hardest choices for me. I thought about just going with the onk but I just wanted to make sure I explored all of my options first.
Speakers - Monitor Audio GX300 - GX350C - GXFX
Subwoofers - Dual Definitive Technology Trinity Subwoofers
Amps - Bryston 4bsst2 2 channal - Brystom 5bst 3 channel
Pre/Pros - Denon 4311 - Cambridge Audio 840E Preamp
Sources - PS3 - Maranta NA7004 - Denon 1713
Power and Protection - 2 Panamax 5400 PM
Cabling - Audioquest Rocket 33 biwire - Diamondbacks - Forest - SubX - NRGX3 - Evergreen Optilink
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #12
ManUtd ManUtd is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
ManUtd's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
California
15
720
5
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
I will and I hope you do the same. This has been one of the hardest choices for me. I thought about just going with the onk but I just wanted to make sure I explored all of my options first.
Which Onkyo were you thinking, the 5508? I was eagerly awaiting for the 5509 but there are unconfirmed rumors that Onkyo will NOT sell the 5509 in the USA and Canada. If there is any truth to this rumor, Onkyo wants us to get the more expensive and IMO not as good looking Integra DHC-80.3. Let's see if this Rotel turns out to be a great alternative.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #13
Hammie Hammie is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Hammie's Avatar
 
May 2008
Washington, DC Metro
53
545
12
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellB View Post
You werent the only that thought that. Many say rotels last good amps were the RMB-1095 and RMB-1090 and 1080. From what I gathered, class D is hard to do but I think alot of people are raving about wyred4sound's class D amps.
They were some nice amps. I think it was the 1091 monobolck and the 1090 two channel amps that I was considering before going the Emo route. I decided I wanted new versus used.
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508P | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR
Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8S | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
My flickr account | My Five Year HT Upgrade Plan
Next Upgrade: Cables
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:21 AM.