Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Steve McQueen Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99
18 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia

Old 12-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #1

Nov 2011
Hong Kong "Lust, Caution" (色,戒) 2007 uncut version DVD and Blu-Ray

I have just seen the uncut version of this really good movie "Lust, Caution"(色,戒) from 2007 by Ang Lee featuring a wonderful actress Tang Wei who shows an incredible performance in this movie.

From what I have heard there is a cut and an uncut version - and of course the way to go is to get the uncut version. How ever there are some releases out there that one should be aware of does not have English subtitles, so be sure to get that.

What I want to know is what DVD and Blu-Ray release with uncut version with English subtitles should one who is interested in this movie go for ? From what I have seen is the Uncut Limited Edition 2-disc DVD Box set from Korea one of the favorable release - but that is only an assumption. I would like to hear your recommendations - both on DVD and Blu-Ray or even DVD vs. Blu-Ray if I may ?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

The HK and Korean blu rays are uncut and the only option available on blu.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #3

Nov 2011

It might be worth mentioning that in America (USA) there have been two DVD releases of this movie: One in a R Rated Edition which is cut, and a NC-17 Rated Edition which is the "no-cut" version. This is according to the DVDCompare.net which also have listed the (NTSC) running times of both and shows that the NC-17 version to be 3:05 mins longer:

Quote:
  • R1 America - Universal Pictures - NC-17 Rated Edition - No cuts (158:05 mins - NTSC) - NC-17 rated version
  • R1 America - Universal Pictures - R Rated Edition - Cut (155 mins - NTSC) - 'R' rated version
Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #4

Aug 2011

Does anyone know where online I can buy the Korean version? I keep checking YesAsia and their still out of stock. Is the Koren version out of print? Thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

I would email kimchidvd. It's shown as OOS but the owner can tell you if he is able to get one for you (it is officially OOP).
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #6

Nov 2011

I just got this baby from a seller in South Korea ! It is really beautiful and I am not sure if I want to open it or if I should buy the Blu-ray release from South-Korea or the US NC-17 rated version DVD release... By the way, is the Blu-ray release from South-Korea region free ?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #7

Apr 2011
by the sea

Hate to start a new Thread so I'll post here.
I ordered a copy of what appeared to be the Korean copy of Lust,Caution from amazon on 10-14-2014. Priced at 48.74 from amazon, not a seller. BUYER BEWARE. It is the Hong Kong version from EDKO. Picture and description shows Korean Version
[Show spoiler]http://www.amazon.com/Lust-Caution-Blu-Ray-Tony-Leung/dp/B001EDFSJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414125645&sr=8-1&keywords=lust+caution+blu

I received the HK version in the mail. It came opened, with only a gamestop style tape over the side to keep it sealed with a barcode taped on the back.

I don't care if it is good, I spent over an hour on the phone to get a refund. The person I talked to was not understanding that the item was not as described.

For those interested, the packaging alone has many misspelled words. I've yet to watch it.

The whole thing has been a pain with amazon. Long wait time for an in stock item (10 days with Prime), high price, wrong item, item opened to begin with, then over an hour to get a refund.

So, beware, it is too good to be true.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
The £كا

Damn! That sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

For what it's worth, I have the HK Blu and it has great PQ & amazing AQ.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #9

Aug 2014
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesstve View Post
I have just seen the uncut version of this really good movie "Lust, Caution"(色,戒) from 2007 by Ang Lee featuring a wonderful actress Tang Wei who shows an incredible performance in this movie.

From what I have heard there is a cut and an uncut version - and of course the way to go is to get the uncut version. How ever there are some releases out there that one should be aware of does not have English subtitles, so be sure to get that.

What I want to know is what DVD and Blu-Ray release with uncut version with English subtitles should one who is interested in this movie go for ? From what I have seen is the Uncut Limited Edition 2-disc DVD Box set from Korea one of the favorable release - but that is only an assumption. I would like to hear your recommendations - both on DVD and Blu-Ray or even DVD vs. Blu-Ray if I may ?
Is this available from anywhere and is it region locked?
My Top 5 Movies

1. Once Upon a time in the West
2. Seven Samurai
3. The Godfather: Part II
4. The Good the Bad and the Ugly
5. Reservoir Dogs
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia